Forum Settings
Forums

K-ON! Boosts the Sales of Mobile Phone and Headphones

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 11, 2009 11:09 AM

Jul 2007
God damn it Japan.
May 11, 2009 11:13 AM

May 2007
infinite_zero said:
Oh god, I knew K-ON will be hyped, but...
Well, i would be lying if i told you i knew something like this was going to happen...

But after lucky star, things like "choco-cornets" sales skyrocket, so would you really be that surprised to hear about this?
May 11, 2009 12:20 PM

May 2008
What the hell?
Silly people...
May 11, 2009 12:32 PM

Feb 2008
Sobzob said:
KyoAni is the company controlling Japan now.

Actually, KyoAni is merely a front for the glorious organization, ACROSS. Through a plan brilliantly orchestrated by supreme leader, Lord Il Palazzo, we have used the abomination known as "anime" to control the minds of the Japanese population! We will not stop here! We will continue until the world pledges under the magnificent banner of ACROSS!

Hail, Lord Il Palazzo!

May 11, 2009 12:43 PM
Jun 2008
At least Fender and Yamaha must be pleased. I know people who want to play instruments because of K-ON! and who knows? Maybe someone will actually be a good musician out of it. Save the music, as VH1 (which needs to be saved as well, how ironic) said.
May 11, 2009 12:51 PM
Jun 2008
Beatnik said:
K-ON fans continue to be retards.

Let's hope Mio jumps off a cliff in the last episode. Test everyone's dedication.

K-ON! is actually a pretty good comedy series. It's just that people are super hyped about it because:

1. Have you seen this season?? The only thing worth watching is Higashi no Eden and Queen's Blade (for the "lulz" of course). In the midst of what is an entertainment drought, there came K-ON! with it's charmingly accessible cast, light humour and cool instruments. People rush to the Messiah. When fire and brimstone falls, wouldn't you run to the man in a white robe spreading blessings? It's like that.

2. Moe. It's a powerful thing.

3. Marketing and super-marketing. KyoAni seems to understand the power it has with this franchise, and rather than just letting it be a good series, they're gonna milk that cow fast and hard.

I was just hoping that they don't turn Mio into some sort of tripping, blushing moron who can't function properly without twitching or doing something "cute" because she seems (seemed?) to have the most potential out of the entire cast.

As for the fans buying stuff... people have gone out there and bought Haruhi tissue paper (to clean up after themselves, most likely). Fanboys will do anything, and if they wanna waste that money, then by all means.
May 11, 2009 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
Shameless product placement for the win.
May 11, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2007
tehnominator said:

1. Have you seen this season?? The only thing worth watching is Higashi no Eden and Queen's Blade (for the "lulz" of course). In the midst of what is an entertainment drought, there came K-ON! with it's charmingly accessible cast, light humour and cool instruments. People rush to the Messiah. When fire and brimstone falls, wouldn't you run to the man in a white robe spreading blessings? It's like that.

Yes I did see this season.

Loving FMA2.
Loving Basquash.
Loving Sengoku Fracking Manly Basara.
Loving 07Ghosts.

This season is thousand times better than previous one which was full of "meh" loli shows and school-comedy. K-On belongs to the trash pile I will never touch.

tehnominator said:

2. Moe. It's a powerful thing.

Which, if the world is to survive, will be exterminated.

tehnominator said:

3. Marketing and super-marketing. KyoAni seems to understand the power it has with this franchise, and rather than just letting it be a good series, they're gonna milk that cow fast and hard.

Oh thats perfect. KyoAni will be my target along with Microsoft now ^_^.

Oh wait, they always were...

tehnominator said:

As for the fans buying stuff... people have gone out there and bought Haruhi tissue paper (to clean up after themselves, most likely). Fanboys will do anything, and if they wanna waste that money, then by all means.

Haruhi is another evil to be destroyed one day, when the world becomes right ;]
May 11, 2009 1:13 PM
Jun 2008
Fai said:

Yes I did see this season.

Loving FMA2.
Loving Basquash.
Loving Sengoku Fracking Manly Basara.
Loving 07Ghosts.

This season is thousand times better than previous one which was full of "meh" loli shows and school-comedy. K-On belongs to the trash pile I will never touch.

See there? All those shows have something in common: fighting. Not everyone digs that. Sometimes you just want a brainless school comedy or a weird sci fi or something in between the other shounen titles. I don't mind me action, but there's only so much Fracking Manliness I can handle at a time, and this season seems to be assaulting people tirelessly with action and more action.

Fai said:

Which, if the world is to survive, will be exterminated.

I don't care for moe myself, but again, if it's cute, why not pinch its cheeks?

Fai said:

Oh thats perfect. KyoAni will be my target along with Microsoft now ^_^.

Oh wait, they always were...

And I suppose Apple is not one of them or are you listening to your iPod and typing this up on your Macbook right now? The world has been bastardised a long time ago by brand names and marketing. It's how money is made. Selling out is inevitable, most of the time.

Fai said:

Haruhi is another evil to be destroyed one day, when the world becomes right ;]

Well, I won't have anything to say there. I don't understand, still, how that series is so powerful, but she's God, so whatever.

I honestly think though that someone in KyoAni sold their soul to the devil. Hit after hit after bloody hit?? What the hell!
May 11, 2009 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
Those otaku's are way obsessed with the anime. So, Mio is the most favourited in the series and they want a peice of her which is gotten too far >_>;

way obsessed...
May 11, 2009 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
Fuck yeah AKG.
May 11, 2009 1:54 PM

Jul 2007
tehnominator said:

See there? All those shows have something in common: fighting. Not everyone digs that. Sometimes you just want a brainless school comedy or a weird sci fi or something in between the other shounen titles

The only "fighting" show in t hat list is Sengoku Fracking Awesome Show Basara.

Basquash is football...

tehnominator said:

And why not kill it with fire? :E

tehnominator said:

And I suppose Apple is not one of them or are you listening to your iPod and typing this up on your Macbook right now? The world has been bastardised a long time ago by brand names and marketing. It's how money is made. Selling out is inevitable, most of the time.

You see. "Using" and "paying" differs ;]

tehnominator said:

I honestly think though that someone in KyoAni sold their soul to the devil. Hit after hit after bloody hit?? What the hell!

Its more like like the overall anime fan population is degrading and KyoAni just knows the most shallow wishes of otaku
May 11, 2009 2:04 PM
Jun 2008
Fai said:
tehnominator said:

See there? All those shows have something in common: fighting. Not everyone digs that. Sometimes you just want a brainless school comedy or a weird sci fi or something in between the other shounen titles

The only "fighting" show in t hat list is Sengoku Fracking Awesome Show Basara.

Basquash is football...

It's all action in the end. There's still so much testosterone-soaked anime one could handle at a time. And FMA has fighting in it, it's just disguised as alchemy.

Fai said:
tehnominator said:

And why not kill it with fire? :E

You can't gush over a pile of ashes. Nor can you collect cute accessories of it or print stickers of it on your notebook.

Fai said:
tehnominator said:

Its more like like the overall anime fan population is degrading and KyoAni just knows the most shallow wishes of otaku

It's tough that one, since the only thing shallow from any of the KyoAni stuff I've seen may be the character designs being ridiculously cute. I'm no KyoAni fangirl, let that be known, but I have been impressed by their works. No masterpieces yet, but certainly they haven't put out a total sack of crap.

Pandering to fans... then you have to tell nearly 80% if not more of the mangaka and animators out there to quit their jobs.
May 11, 2009 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
People cry 'it's crysis, amagawd!'

and the solution is simple... one well placed anime and you got tons of cash pumped into industry...
May 11, 2009 2:39 PM

Apr 2007
kielus said:
People cry 'it's crysis, amagawd!'

what does an FPS game have to do with anything
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2009 3:00 PM

Nov 2006
$750 is going too far...I'm sure the parents of the NEETs are glad their money is being spent in such a frivolous and stupid way.
May 11, 2009 3:23 PM

Nov 2008
damn thats alot for just a pair of headphones, hope they dont mind going broke for them:P
May 11, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
windy said:
$750 is going too far...I'm sure the parents of the NEETs are glad their money is being spent in such a frivolous and stupid way.

Who needs parents when you've got your own money? D:
I paid ~$800 for headphones 6 months ago. Well, okay. That wasn't because of some anime though. lol
May 11, 2009 3:31 PM

Nov 2006
De-JaY said:
windy said:

Who needs parents when you've got your own money? D:
I paid ~$800 for headphones 6 months ago. Well, okay. That wasn't because of some anime though. lol
I was joking b/c I'm sure some of her Japanese fanbase is made up of NEETs who surely don't have $750 lying around.
I don't think that's outrageous for headphones. I just think it's outrageous for a spur of the moment purchase caused by an anime character.
May 11, 2009 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
windy said:
I just think it's outrageous for a spur of the moment purchase caused by an anime character.

Haha yeah it is. But it could be worse. And that's scary.
May 11, 2009 4:16 PM
Jun 2008
Wow, and that's the price of those headphones?! Geez, they must be going to some posh school then or Mio must be an only child whose parents give her some awesome gifts.

Looking at my own headphones, broken and staticky, I feel the urge to buy some new ones.... maybe ones like Mio's... because it's moe and KyoAni told me to... and I love Mio... *scrounges up ridiculous amounts of money, runs out house*

I wonder if Mio was caught wearing a Snuggie if all the fanboys would rush out and buy one?
May 11, 2009 4:57 PM

Oct 2007
I always knew anime and tv shows can be influential.

Personally, if I saw the episode, I probably wouldn't have noticed the headphones. And I prefer earphones that I can fit into my pocket.
May 11, 2009 4:59 PM

Nov 2006
tehnominator said:
I wonder if Mio was caught wearing a Snuggie if all the fanboys would rush out and buy one?
hahaha
May 11, 2009 5:17 PM

Jan 2008
$750 is too much for some headphones. Then again.....they look so sleek and shine and good.......<3
Hello!
May 11, 2009 5:25 PM

Aug 2007
now we know more people care less for the stuff Yui has.
May 11, 2009 5:32 PM

Apr 2008
I kinda laugh at how Tehnominator "raged" all over this. Spotted so many things I can correct her on but i'd rather not waste my time.
May 11, 2009 5:32 PM

Feb 2008
Beatnik said:
kuroshiroi said:
You and everybody else are just whining because you don't understand moe.

Yes, moe has everything to do with cattle-like behaviour flying in the face of reason and logic.

Come. Moe with me. MMOOEEEEE!!!

LMAO. Best post in the whole thread.
May 11, 2009 5:42 PM
Jun 2008
Loverhina said:
I kinda laugh at how Tehnominator "raged" all over this. Spotted so many things I can correct her on but i'd rather not waste my time.

But yet you just wasted your time posting that comment.

Raged? Far from. I'm rather amused by this thread, and not in a sarcastic way. I do like K-ON!, don't care for product placement, don't care what the fanboys do--just in wonderment about people's behaviour when it comes to things they enjoy. If I sounded mad or incited--far from again.

Do enlighten me, I would rather be corrected if I am in fact wrong about anything. I'm glad to learn new things and perspectives!
May 11, 2009 5:51 PM

Feb 2009
iTom said:
$750 is too much for some headphones. Then again.....they look so sleek and shine and good.......<3

No it isn't if they are high-end, but it certainly is for a K701. I still don't know why they pay more than twice the price you'd pay in Europe or the US for these.

I'm gonna laugh at those who bought this because of Mio, when they find out that hi-fi headphones aren't exactly what they expected them to be. :P
AlexstratzMay 11, 2009 6:05 PM
May 11, 2009 5:52 PM

Jan 2008
Mmm...those headphones do look sweet though...but I bet I can find a ripped off version in China!

Banner made by suikka
May 11, 2009 6:59 PM

Feb 2008
It's getting a little too crazy...

But then again, I do need new headphones since mine died on me yesterday, but I'm not willing to pay $750 for some, even though those are pretty nice.
May 11, 2009 7:01 PM

Apr 2007
$750 is bullshit, and so is $350. They're like $250.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2009 8:37 PM

Mar 2009
Hey those headphones look very nice. AKG has very good sound too. They are not $750. They are around $300 on Amazon.com
May 11, 2009 9:00 PM

Jul 2007
HAHA I want them : D
May 11, 2009 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
Saito-sama said:
Next up- striped panties are sold out all across japan.

same with rice bowls.

lolololol

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
May 11, 2009 9:40 PM

Apr 2007
kimatg said:
Saito-sama said:

I wish.
May 11, 2009 10:50 PM

Apr 2007
tehnominator said:

It's all action in the end. There's still so much testosterone-soaked anime one could handle at a time. And FMA has fighting in it, it's just disguised as alchemy.

FMA has more talking than fighting most of the times
Basquash! is a sport anime it's not fighting but it does have action maybe that's the word you are looking for?
May 12, 2009 1:58 AM

Nov 2007
Brainwashing.
May 12, 2009 2:17 AM

Jun 2008
The Retards said:
MOE MOE KYUN GIRL WEAR HEADPHONES. ME WANT HEADPHONES LIKE MOE MOE KYUN GIRL.

Please.
May 12, 2009 2:19 AM

Feb 2008
Saito-sama said:

same with rice bowls.
I want that rice bowl, nuff said.
May 12, 2009 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
lol i allwasys wanted a docomo FOMA N906i :3 cant afford it tho lol

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
May 12, 2009 4:01 AM
Jun 2008
Hamel said:
tehnominator said:

FMA has more talking than fighting most of the times
Basquash! is a sport anime it's not fighting but it does have action maybe that's the word you are looking for?

tehnominator said:

It's all action in the end.

I already found the word.
May 12, 2009 4:05 AM

Jul 2008
I refuse to pay over $3 for a pair of earphones.

Even if it does mean I have to go back every 2 weeks.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
May 12, 2009 9:06 AM

May 2007
750$ and sold out? KyoAni should be getting some money out of this.
May 12, 2009 9:18 AM
Jul 2007
kuroshiroi said:
Saito-sama said:

same with rice bowls.
I want that rice bowl, nuff said.

lol.
May 12, 2009 9:59 AM

Feb 2008
panda_general said:
but I bet I can find a ripped off version in China!

I hate you.
May 12, 2009 10:46 AM

May 2007
DaBigD said:
750$ and sold out? KyoAni should be getting some money out of this.

Never.

panda_general said:
but I bet I can find a ripped off version in China!

I hate you.
May 12, 2009 11:08 AM

May 2008
if i had the money i would totally buy those headphones!
May 12, 2009 11:35 AM

Jan 2008
Beatnik said:
kuroshiroi said:
You and everybody else are just whining because you don't understand moe.

Yes, moe has everything to do with cattle-like behaviour flying in the face of reason and logic.

Come. Moe with me. MMOOEEEEE!!!

xD. No surprise though, what with Lucky Shit already converting the masses to mindless slaves.
May 12, 2009 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
This is getting annoying now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.