Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2009 6:49 PM
May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode but had a really slow pace. Plus learning about what's happening to the stocks is exciting stuff... :/
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 10, 2009 8:15 PM

Aug 2008
I just want to know what is going on with the "Moon" and the "Sun". I just couldn't understand how Kuniko was able to locate the "monster".
May 10, 2009 9:06 PM

May 2007
Kuniko has internet seeing powers now?

Also quite a unique episode, all based around stocks, I wonder if this anime was being planned at this time last year or if the stock collapse made it so.
My anime list
May 10, 2009 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
Despite this show really being confusing sometimes (like now), it's interesting enough to keep watching. I really like it!

Curious about the swords, and who exacly Mikuni is. Maybe they explained it already and I just missed it. Oh well.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
May 11, 2009 5:09 AM

May 2008
for an old bag she is pretty good at the computer xD meh i didnt really liked this episode but its ok i guess

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 11, 2009 6:21 AM

May 2008
I hope the show will really get to explain everything... as right now it seems like one big mess... I wasn't even able yet to figure out the whole carbon credit thing...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2009 1:35 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode looks like next episode we will learn about Kuniko's past?
and dam i wonder wat was about to happen at the end
and

midnightsymphony said:
Despite this show really being confusing sometimes (like now), it's interesting enough to keep watching. I really like it!

Curious about the swords, and who exacly Mikuni is. Maybe they explained it already and I just missed it. Oh well.

This. XD
May 11, 2009 5:49 PM
Aug 2008
I can't really put a finger on why, but I've found the last two episodes to be better. I dislike the transvestite character (Momoko?), so I was happy that they toned down the character a little. I found it interesting how a 12 (13? whatever) year old girl has a firm grasp of the finance market and its workings (including leasebacks). Did she study finance while in the girl's prison?
May 12, 2009 3:43 AM

Jan 2009
i'm getting to like the market stuff :3
pretty good episode because of kusanagi, i'm really want to know about the moon and the sun O.O looking for the next episode
May 12, 2009 4:35 AM

Apr 2008
wa ... talking so much about market stuff =x dont really get it~

May 12, 2009 4:24 PM

May 2008
Another interesting episode. The only thing that concerns me is the blurry carbon market. Many don't see it which could lead to the series' downfall.
May 12, 2009 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
the carbon system is very interesting, the way the buying and selling works for the carbon credits are similar to the stock market now a day
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2009 12:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was indeed a bit confusing, to me it looks like they're raising another Serpent. One more powerful than the one they just destroyed?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 13, 2009 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
May 13, 2009 2:54 PM

Mar 2008
SilentPredator03 said:
I found it interesting how a 12 (13? whatever) year old girl has a firm grasp of the finance market and its workings (including leasebacks).

I don't remember where I heard this, but I'm pretty sure that she's 18.

Also, I'm not even trying to understand all of the carbon market nonsense anymore. I'm very interested, though, in that screaming, pointy-toothed person.
May 13, 2009 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
I don't quite understand what's going on at all. I'm hoping that they're going to eventually explain it, but I'm not crossing my fingers on that one. So for some strange reason Kuniko can see what's going on within the internet. Okay then...
May 13, 2009 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
Some very "intellectual" things happening this episode in regards to stocks.

But where the hell did Kuniko get her hacking abilities all of a sudden? She needed the 4D machine last episode to hack the security camera, but was able to visually search the market for Serpent? Its all good though, I still think this series gives me just enough to want to watch the next episode.

I do hope however that the OP is a prelude to maybe Metal-Age fighting back against Atlas and not just a "pretty" OP visual.
May 13, 2009 9:50 PM

Jun 2007
greenmush said:
for an old bag she is pretty good at the computer xD meh i didnt really liked this episode but its ok i guess

Well do we really know when this takes place? The old bag could be our ages but 50+ years from now. This reminded me of a book I read where it took place in the future and the main character said her grandma was cool because she grew up in the 90s.

I want to know more about those knives so it's good we got back to that. I'm now curious about that military guy and why he's so special. This carbon credit thing is a little too much for my brain lat at night so i'll have to watch it again to "get it".

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
May 14, 2009 1:53 AM

Sep 2008
Uhhhhhh, what the fuck just happened.
May 14, 2009 6:05 AM

Oct 2007
greenmush said:
And who do you think she is? She is famous enough that alot of people would worship her.

Omegaoveride said:
But where the hell did Kuniko get her hacking abilities all of a sudden? She needed the 4D machine last episode to hack the security camera, but was able to visually search the market for Serpent?
She is not being called as the Sun for nothing just like Mikuni, the Moon.

I don't how many of you have noticed this that Kunihito is being called as the Land. I guess everything will be revealed once The Sun, Moon, and Land met each other.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 14, 2009 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
Lots of economy in this one....it was interesting to say the least. I really like the uniqueness of this anime so far, you never know what to expect.

Oh, and creepy screaming kid is creepy as fuck.
May 14, 2009 5:45 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really get what's going on anymore. I just hope we start getting some answers soon.
adamantineMay 14, 2009 11:36 PM

BEGINNER
May 15, 2009 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
While all the market staff left me confused (one this series ends, I am gonna need to rewatch it... twice)

I can't really put a finger on why, but I've found the last two episodes to be better. I dislike the transvestite character (Momoko?), so I was happy that they toned down the character a little. I found it interesting how a 12 (13? whatever) year old girl has a firm grasp of the finance market and its workings (including leasebacks). Did she study finance while in the girl's prison?

Kuniko is 18 years old. It seems that her body is just underdeveloped.

Well, Shangri-La happens is the future. That grandma was young in 2009 and it would be weird if she would't be able to understand the staff about computers and economy.
May 16, 2009 5:25 PM
Aug 2008
Kurisu said:

Nayrael said:

Well that is just stupid.

[EDIT]: Well I'll be damned. She is 18 (Link.). I stand by what I said: that's incredibly stupid. She looks and acts like she's 12 years old.
SilentPredator03May 16, 2009 5:30 PM
May 16, 2009 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
So, while this episode was a little too much (Kuniko seeing the internet and the stock babble) I feel like we've finally turned a corner and are past the exposition. We now know that Kuniko is special (the Sun), Loli Genius has a nemisis who is hell bent on crushing her and wreaking havoc over the world, everyone with a knife is somehow linked together, Mikune and Momoko are related somehow, and lots of other character relations.

I think we have the full cast, villain, and understanding of the world, so I'm hoping the next 20 or so episodes will really dig deeper (perhaps nixing some of the comedy) and turn out a good story. All the elements are here.
May 17, 2009 11:57 PM

Jul 2008
the episode is not too bad^^ it's quite interesting now.
Jun 1, 2009 4:55 AM

May 2008
I just want to know what is going on with the "Moon" and the "Sun". I just couldn't understand how Kuniko was able to locate the "monster".
Jun 22, 2009 8:29 PM

Sep 2008
What the fuck was that screaming kid for.
Jul 8, 2009 7:50 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
No, this episode was alright. It's definitely better than some generic series and definitely does not deserve such a low score on MAL.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 22, 2009 11:19 AM

May 2008
SilentPredator03 said:
that's incredibly stupid.

HOW ABOUT NO.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 21, 2011 6:17 PM

Oct 2009
Economics, their system is a bit flawed but it does follow logic.
Mar 7, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
I {C} what you did there. (Despite this anime is previous than {C})
This was interesting, anyway. But I don't quite understand what was Kuniko doing.
Nov 19, 2013 9:34 AM
Jan 2012
What in the world happened in this episode? I am so confused!!!

What causes the dragon to come down?
Why did it come down when Kuwait was in trouble?
Why was everyone investing and then left?
How did the government cause the fall of Kuwait?
How in the world are the rich kids involved? They just made a ton of money like always right?
Why are they investigating the sea?
Why does the computer program have to be in constant fear of death?

AAUUGHHklajflkjafslkasjd!!!
Dec 9, 2013 5:40 AM

May 2012
I wonder how does she actually holds the power to see what's going on in the virtual world? Either way this sure was an interesting episode, I'm still very curious about those daggers!
Jul 4, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
So Kuniko has the power to see into the virtual world? What? :o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 25, 2016 9:40 PM

Feb 2015
SilentPredator03 said:

yeah, i feel the same. he kinda creeps me out.

SilentPredator03 said:
Kurisu said:

Nayrael said:

Well that is just stupid.

[EDIT]: Well I'll be damned. She is 18 (Link.). I stand by what I said: that's incredibly stupid. She looks and acts like she's 12 years old.

holy smack 18?!?!? someone loves lolis...>.>
----
no idea what the whole market thing is for, but am keeping quiet since it's early on.

and what the heck how did kuniko know where the monster was? is she some kind of god? since when could she have this ability?
Aug 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Aug 2017
Seeing the monster was supposed to be achieved by using that hacking VR device she obtained from the otaku old men in Akiba, I think.
Nov 3, 2022 3:17 PM

Aug 2017
No so much going on here beside explaining medusa's principal of work and trying to find it's location just for it to turn out to be a scapegoat for the real medusa, also interesting the kid captured by ATLAS went crazy when the two blades were in the same place
Let's see what happen next
Feb 22, 9:19 PM

Jul 2008
Stocks, fake stocks, sun and moon, and magic computer girls, and carbon and weird evil green haired women and red eye rooms, and digimon.

Yeah this show isn't confusing at all.

Also boomerangs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.