Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion

Sep 25, 2015 6:54 PM

wtf is this
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania

Sep 27, 2015 9:16 PM

The worst first episode of any anime season I've ever watched..

To all the new viewers.. just skip episode 1. It will whisper "Drop this series, drop it now" in your ear for 24 minutes. Skip this episode. You'll only miss 3 lines of dialogue, some grunting, and some heavy breathing. Even if you start from the much better episode 2, by just reading the MAL description of this anime you will not have missed any plot what so ever.

Sep 29, 2015 1:30 PM

still makes more sense than Anita Sarkeesian

Sep 29, 2015 1:59 PM

semianonymous said:

To all the new viewers.. just skip episode 1. It will whisper "Drop this series, drop it now" in your ear for 24 minutes. Skip this episode. You'll only miss 3 lines of dialogue, some grunting, and some heavy breathing. Even if you start from the much better episode 2, by just reading the MAL description of this anime you will not have missed any plot what so ever.

What? I loved the first episode. Really interesting visual and sound creating a great atmosphere.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Oct 3, 2015 1:53 AM

black1blade said:
semianonymous said:

What? I loved the first episode. Really interesting visual and sound creating a great atmosphere.

Great atmosphere is no doubt important..but for some reason this series purposely takes it to the extreme... for whatever reason it reminds me of a middle school girl putting on makeup for the first time...

the result.. way too much makeup... translation.. way too much "atmosphere".. strike a balance unless you want to look like a clown with face paint.

Let's be honest... all you need to know to understand EVERYTHING after this episode is

prize fighter punches manager for nearly gouging his eyes out... manager is angry.. manager wants to hurt prize fighter... proceed to episode 2.
Modified by semianonymous, Oct 3, 2015 1:57 AM

Oct 11, 2015 4:48 AM
I got totally sucked into the dark and gritty world and loved the visual story telling. Sure, there are some things you don't understand yet, but I am sure it will be "explained" later.

What I like is the little exposition. It is telling the story by showing you what is going on instead of explaining it.

Nov 3, 2015 11:13 AM

Wow! That art! I don't like Madhouse at all (their anime and how it looks) but here... Just wow, great work!! Backgrounds!! I prefer moe characters design, but I can't say anything bad about it. Amazing work, best looking thing which I've ever seen form Madhouse.
Story? Nothing has any sense, but it was probably done in this way specially.

And that OP! Juno Reactor!!!

Nov 5, 2015 8:57 PM

Veronin said:
What did I just watch.
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.

Nov 10, 2015 11:59 AM

- Everyone praises Texhnolyze
- Every fifth person has it in their TOP 1 spot in favorites
- Hmm, gonna watch the 1st ep
- AMAZING, best first episode I've seen in a while, so intriguing so mysterious, it went past in like 2minutes, totally got sucked into it
- Please every episode be like that :-}
- 1st ep - 10/10

Nov 11, 2015 4:21 AM

I absolutely loved it. The beautiful animation and dark, creepy atmosphere totally sucked me in. Can't say I understood a lot of what was happening but that's what makes it so intriguing.

Nov 26, 2015 8:42 PM

i got what was going on with the "street fighter" guy.

have no clue though on the girl and the worker.

Ok episode, can understand the complaints with the fact that not much explaining is done through speaking, but, if you read into the animation you can grasp the situation a bit better.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa

Dec 6, 2015 9:46 AM

Beatnik said:
I'm going by dodgy memory but at the time this was released I remember reading that the creator of the show said the first episode was intentonally done this way to scare off casual viewers.

That would make sense, I have no clue wtf is going on.

Jan 31, 2016 5:29 PM

What I love about discussions revolving mindfuck series such as Texhnolyze is that there are those who claim to know how the series should be exclusively interpreted (that kind of my way or the highway-esque mentality) and those who wear their first impressions on their sleeves and admit defeat by saying they were confused and disliked it.

I enjoyed the first episode and I won't talk about the animation or anything like that. I liked the sequencing and imagery. If it's true that the first episode is supposed to scare off the casual viewer then I can say the same for other genres that fail to capture my interest.

Mar 19, 2016 1:34 PM

Not much talking, thats good because i can focus on whats happening instead of reading lol.
A really different anime.
Great Episode.

Apr 26, 2016 8:34 AM

Well that was great, extremely weird but great
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Jun 19, 2016 3:28 PM

So, I have a question - Am I supposed to understand this first episode? Because I sure didn't. At all. I mean, the way they did the sound effects and everything was really awesome, but I have no clue what happened.

semianonymous said:
prize fighter punches manager for nearly gouging his eyes out... manager is angry.. manager wants to hurt prize fighter... proceed to episode 2.

I honestly didn't even get that. I know that he's a prize fighter from the description of the anime, but I sure as hell didn't get that that women was his manager. And the whole sex-and-then-taking-out-eyes-and-suddenly-everythings-weird scene. Also, the description said that he lost an arm and an leg for his manager? Geez, nevermind, I just didn't get jackshit. I'll still continue watching this though, since it seems quite interesting.

kurodayuchi said:
I enjoy the comparison between Ichise getting his arm chop off and a lizard, at the end of the episode (the capacity of creation of new limbs).

Literature class all over again, huh xD?
Modified by Call-Me-Captain, Jun 20, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 25, 2016 11:50 PM

Kinda Aeon Flux vibe, stuff's just presented to you that doesn't necessarily make any sense.

Aug 26, 2016 1:20 PM

Oh I'm liking the ED song. Tbh when it comes to atmosphere-centric shows like these, having a good ED or OP song is really helpful. It helped me snooze through the more boring parts of Ergo Proxy and Lain.

Sep 26, 2016 4:29 PM

What I got from this episode is that the woman who got punched in her face by the MC took revenge on him by having his arm cut off. Im not sure but I think they cut off his arm which he used for that punch in her face. Everything else remains mysterious though.

Oct 16, 2016 4:52 AM

Meh, this anime literally pissed me off. Worst episode of anything ive seen. I dont have time for anime like these.

Feb 5, 12:17 PM
Without any BS narrator exposition, this ep told us a good deal number of things:

1) The setting is some sort of steam-punk, torn, 20th century looking place with factories, maybe akin to Industrial Revolution America, possibly ruled by crime.
2) The MC is a boxer. His boss seems to want him mainly for his body. MC doesn't like his boss.
3) The woman who was having sex with him (possibly his boss), is probably not human.
4 (pretty obvious)) the MC is on the run from a crime syndicate.

Jun 9, 5:03 AM
Lots of heavy breathing

Jun 25, 5:18 AM

Not much dialogue, it was a interesting episode nonetheless, still kinda confusing and a little bit boring on the other hand. But I guess that's normal at this point, since almost nothing was explained.

The only thing I got was that the guy was prostituting himself and he hit the client when she was about the sting his eyes with her nails. As revenge she told her subordinates to slash off his arm.( those guys could also be just hired).

A big plus is definitely the heavy atmosphere which was really intriguing. This kind of show is usually not my cup of tea, but I'm gonna keep watching for the aspects I liked about this episode.

Jul 21, 7:40 PM

So that appeared to be two or three stories told in a very confusing show don't tell way. Best way to get my thoughts together would be to separate them into themselves so... here we go. Since I wrote an essay I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

I think I have enough of an idea that's going on, despite a ton being wrong, that the show will at least make some sense now that I got my thoughts together.

ps I'll edit this later for any disgusting mistakes.

Sep 22, 2:36 PM

Loved the tension, the atmosphere, the anguish and anxiety.

I'm in.

Just a real life Serika-chan, I <3 food and keep a food diary. And as Kyouko-San, i classify people according to how much food they give me

8 hours ago

sucks that this isn't based on a manga series. need to watch this soon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]