Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2009 12:24 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YAY its finally out after a weeks wait, time to wait for torrents =D
May 1, 2009 1:45 PM

Dec 2008
Nagi was super cute this ep and Hayate stupid as always:D
May 1, 2009 5:11 PM

Aug 2008
Well, it seemed an episode from the old series had some bits stolen from the manga for this episode... Anyway, decent episode.
May 2, 2009 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
Some Nagi x Hayate, but rather boring episode :(

The cross relations between Hayate-Nagi-Kazuki-Ayumu is not bad.
May 2, 2009 5:37 AM

Jan 2008
So, this week we got three chapters taken almost straight out from the manga, except for the lack of references and some unimportant minor changes, as usual. Also Hayate's subtle appearances weren't as subtle.

Nagi was cute and all, but the best part of this decent episode was the preview, because it implied that the following (two) episodes could be a feast.

Anyway, here's the usual (if you can call it "usual" only after two weeks) timeline updated to match this week's episode and future episode predictions. (Edit: Downgraded to match ep4's timeline, because obviously having every timeline link to the latest one isn't very sensible spoiler-wise if someone is reading this after the next episode has aired. It's still free of manga spoilers, save for the chapter titles, which don't really tell you anything.)

In before someone mentions the lack of Hina in this episode (discounting the ED). Probably it's only a good thing if you take the preview into account.
SpawwvyMay 8, 2009 2:30 PM
May 2, 2009 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I guess this was as good an episode could get with it being about Nagi. That said, the narrator's line about her at the beginning of the episode was pretty profound.

Kazuku was a pretty interesting character, and I'm glad that Nagi at least has someone her age so that Hayate can at least end up with Maria safely (in my mind); though, it is very weird to me that all of a sudden Wataru is acquainted with the Nishizawas.

Not bad though...needs less Nagi, and more Hayate, Maria, narrator, and Tama.
May 2, 2009 2:51 PM

Apr 2008
This was my favourite episode of this season so far... Hayate x Nagi makes me a very happy fangirl.
May 2, 2009 6:37 PM

May 2008
lol Wataru got angry so easily haha Oblivious Hayate is so funny cant wait for the next episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 2, 2009 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:

Kazuku was a pretty interesting character, and I'm glad that Nagi at least has someone her age so that Hayate can at least end up with Maria safely (in my mind); though, it is very weird to me that all of a sudden Wataru is acquainted with the Nishizawas.

pretty sure that Wataru met Ayumu in an earlier episode. though my memory sucks too much to remember exactly which one.
May 2, 2009 7:38 PM

Aug 2008
I don't think so. They haven't really been in any of the same scenes. The only episode where Wataru has been outside of the video store was the second episdoe (I think). But he talks to them like he's known them for years.
May 2, 2009 8:04 PM

Aug 2008
Maria confuses me. Last episode, she seemed smitten with Hayate. This episode, she's super cute and seems to be flirting with Hayate and then 5 minutes later, she turns into a fangirl over Hayate/Nagi.

I really don't like the Hayate/Nagi pairing at all. She's 13... it's just creepy. Hayate so far hasn't shown an inkling of interest or "unexplainable unease" - which is anime/manga's first step to jealously and a future relationship. So its still completely one sided, but it could easily turn to that pairing. If Nagi doesn't age a few years, though, it'll just be too creepy. It should be Hayate/Maria or the story needs to flash forward at least 3 years. That's the only way I'd accept Hayate being with Nagi rather than Maria.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 2, 2009 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
that is definitely one way to stimulate hayate!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 2, 2009 11:59 PM

Feb 2008
that was actually quite a serious ending. and it happened rather naturally too. i was expecting maria to be all jealous and concerned but she didn't. at some point she was all into hayate but now its different. it can't just be her sense of duty.

they are probably going to keep the pairings open so they can have fun with it for a while. next week it could just go back to being normal.
May 3, 2009 12:24 AM
Jul 2008
anyone else reminded of episode 37 from season 1?
May 3, 2009 1:32 AM

Apr 2008
rawrs ~ really funny xD just like the manga~

May 3, 2009 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
jacobpaige said:
pretty sure that Wataru met Ayumu in an earlier episode. though my memory sucks too much to remember exactly which one.

That would be season 1 episode 12 or chapter 043 in the manga, which is when Ayumu is shown returning the videos she rented. Even though that's the first time they've been shown together, they talk like long-time acquaintances. Based on that we could assume that Ayumu, and presumably Kazuku as well, are regulars at the Tachibana video-rental.
May 3, 2009 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
the end was pretty nice<3
and the next epi will be awesome. hinagiku maid, nekomimi and glasses for maria? xD

May 3, 2009 2:41 AM

Nov 2007
Ha ha liked the second half of the episode nice development shame there was no Hinagiku but there's always next week ^_^!
May 3, 2009 4:07 AM

Mar 2009
the EP was nice, Nagi acted cute for once xD...but the best thing was the preview...I loved this in the Manga...I'm seriously looking forward to it...Hinagiku in Maid outfit *drool* xD ^^
May 3, 2009 8:13 AM
Jan 2009
Episode 5 was kind of a drag, but the preview to the next episode was quite promising, I'll look forward to it.
May 3, 2009 8:22 AM
Mar 2009
i liked it better when nagi was with the sister instead of the brother and it showed where hayate really was hiding

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
May 3, 2009 10:22 AM

Jul 2008
eh, after finally having to find the time to watch this, I was kinda of disappointed XD
They aired a part of the manga of Nagi and Kazuki (which i thought was a useless unless it plays a role later on <_<, in which i have not read about so far) but w.e at least it be mostly Hina next episode =D

Spawwvy said:

Anyway, here's the usual (if you can call it "usual" only after two weeks) timeline updated to match this week's episode and future episode predictions. It's free of manga spoilers, save for the chapter titles, which don't really tell you anything.

In before someone mentions the lack of Hina in this episode (discounting the ED). Probably it's only a good thing if you take the preview into account.

Thx for the timeline for this week =D Rly looking forward to next episode HINA!
May 3, 2009 4:12 PM

Sep 2008
pretty good hayate X nagi episode
i wonder if they actually plan to put them together???
the towel scene, a clasic
--wataru sais: maybie the indebt butler knows somethig
--nagi sais: if you tell anything to hayate about this im going to put a megavideo
sore in front of yours
HAHAHahahaAHAa!!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 3, 2009 4:36 PM

May 2007
noteDhero said:

Not bad though...needs less Nagi, and more Hayate, Maria, narrator, and Tama.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
May 4, 2009 3:15 AM

Jan 2009
Average episode. Nothing special, ending was nice. Looking forward to next week's ep
May 4, 2009 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
I personally didn't care for Kanzuku, but I can guess the need for his existence. He's going after the master while the sister goes after the butler and all makes for interesting storylines I would think, opposite type (according to Wataru) brother and sister teaming up and what have you.

And Nagi was cute in this episode, way to assert herself. Maybe if Hayate saw there was grass on the field he can play ball. Besides, when she's 18, he'll be 21 (I think) and that ain't bad.

And much like others, Maria's feelings confused me this episode. Needs more consistency.
May 5, 2009 6:57 AM

Jul 2008
Best parts were Maria flirting with Hayate and Sakuya giving advise to Nagi.
While I liked the episode it wasn't the best one, especially if you're not a fan of HayateXNagi. I think the episode might have been better of not showing Maria at the end at all.

Okay, the real best part was the preview. Can't wait for next week. H I N A XD
May 5, 2009 3:20 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode. I am very pleased with this season so far. Adapting to the manga quite nicely. If memory serves me right, the next few episodes should string together some of my favorite parts in the manga.
May 5, 2009 3:39 PM

Jul 2008

I'm not sure why, but Kazuki really irritated me. Wasn't very fond of the first section but second was much better, especially Wakamoto's sex kitten line.

Bathroom scene was pretty cute and any Maria scene is always a plus. ;)
FactorMay 5, 2009 3:43 PM
May 5, 2009 4:00 PM

Apr 2008
if this series is going end with this season, i hope that hayate will atleast acknowledge nagi's feelings for him.

am i the only one who think nagi looks a lot cuter in this season than the first?
May 5, 2009 4:03 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good episode, managed to make me laugh again. Stil skeptical about all this but so far it's entertaining. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 5, 2009 4:05 PM

Feb 2008
Way better than the first 4 episodes. Looking forward to next time.
May 5, 2009 6:14 PM

Aug 2008
It was a cute episode especially the last part. Maria consultation is always a plus for me.

Anyway, it looks like next week's episode is going to be more interesting.

May 5, 2009 6:16 PM

Nov 2008
Nagi is a cutie-pie.
May 5, 2009 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
I don't think so. They haven't really been in any of the same scenes. The only episode where Wataru has been outside of the video store was the second episdoe (I think). But he talks to them like he's known them for years.

Well he may know them for year afterall he have a normal job in a normal renting store. Yeah it's a plotdevice but I don't see why he couldn't know them lol xD.

The most lol for me was when Nagi told she would make a big renting store in front of Wataru's if he say anything to Hayate xD
May 5, 2009 7:48 PM

Oct 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
Maria confuses me. Last episode, she seemed smitten with Hayate. This episode, she's super cute and seems to be flirting with Hayate and then 5 minutes later, she turns into a fangirl over Hayate/Nagi.

I really don't like the Hayate/Nagi pairing at all. She's 13... it's just creepy. Hayate so far hasn't shown an inkling of interest or "unexplainable unease" - which is anime/manga's first step to jealously and a future relationship. So its still completely one sided, but it could easily turn to that pairing. If Nagi doesn't age a few years, though, it'll just be too creepy. It should be Hayate/Maria or the story needs to flash forward at least 3 years. That's the only way I'd accept Hayate being with Nagi rather than Maria.

agreed. with both points actually.

i though the nagi x nishizawa brother pairing was cute. and definitely fits much better than hayate x nagi. it's hard to take someone who looks like an 8 year old seriously.

wataru and his jadedness cracks me up. and he always seems to be reading some sort of business or news magazine. he's like an old man.

i guess it's because the show is following the manga more closely this season, but it feels completely different from what aired as season 1. a lot less slapstick, a slight bit more dramatic. It's different, but I like it a lot.
May 6, 2009 4:53 AM

Feb 2009
A lot if people might kill me for this...
I dont like Hina, lols... XD Im so happy with this episode Hina isnt present. lol XDD

HayatexNagi is my favorite couple...
And 2nd will be WataruxNagi which is -100% possibility. hahaha
May 6, 2009 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, the ending was especially cute :)
Now they also introduced Kazuki, the stalkers siblings are united ^^
May 6, 2009 5:02 PM

Apr 2009
Hahahaha..... love Sakuya, the highlight of the entire episode for me. Hayate appearing behind her while she was giving "advice" - classic.
May 7, 2009 5:29 AM
Dec 2008
Nagi is so kawaii! Need more Hayate episodes!

fairylyts said:
A lot if people might kill me for this...
I dont like Hina, lols... XD Im so happy with this episode Hina isnt present. lol XDD

You're damn right lots of people will very much like to slaughter you LOL. But then I'm also another person who prefers Nagi over Hinagiku =)

Kyon97 said:
if this series is going end with this season, i hope that hayate will atleast acknowledge nagi's feelings for him.

am i the only one who think nagi looks a lot cuter in this season than the first?

Yes the art improved a lot from the 1st season.
May 7, 2009 8:42 PM

Jan 2008
Quite a cute episode, Maria ftw.
May 8, 2009 11:42 AM

May 2007
It was okay, the first half was pretty good, second drug a bit.

Next time looks like Hayate is going to have hell.
My anime list
May 9, 2009 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
This episode wasn't too bad for being an episode about Nagi. I think she annoys me a little more after having watched this episode. She's so full of herself to be thinking that Hayate has feelings for her/is in a relationship with her. I mean, sure Hayate is pretty clueless seeing as how he doesn't see she has feelings for him, but thats different because he just doesn't see her that way so he doesn't even think slightly that she has such feelings for him.
May 10, 2009 7:04 PM
Jul 2008
It was enjoyable seeing Nagi hanging out with someone her own age again.
May 10, 2009 8:17 PM

Apr 2007
Nice episode.

Loved the Blade Runner poster at the video store.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 10, 2009 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
There are actually people who don't like Nagi? o_O

She was super cute in this episode. ^^
May 11, 2009 10:44 PM
Jan 2008
zharth said:
There are actually people who don't like Nagi? o_O

She was super cute in this episode. ^^

is not that we don't like nagi is just that we prefer something other than loli characters. =)
May 12, 2009 10:27 AM
Jun 2008
this epidode.. this was like the first episode i got sick of watching... it was terrible.
there was a similar episode in season one where there was Ayumu in stead of Kazuki...
i really disliked this one >.>
May 13, 2009 1:44 AM

Feb 2008
Ahaha! This is really looking so much harem to me...

I don't know who to pair with Hayate anymore, hahaha! XD

I mean, I'm just liking all the girls equally... What's happening?! XD

Anyways, the finally awaited episode next!!!
Jun 3, 2009 7:05 PM

Sep 2008
needs moar Hinagiku
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClearSinz - Apr 10, 2009

91 by mySaudate »»
May 22, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Sep 18, 2009

140 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2009

61 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 12, 2023 6:00 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2009

103 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2009

46 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 5, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.