Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2009 5:11 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a great episode!I lol'd with Kijin's "peerless beauty"!XD I loved how Shuurei stood up for herself at the end,saying that it's the same for women and men and that she wants to do what she can with her own hands.I also start liking Kou Reishin more and more.He's amusing<3
Oct 26, 2010 2:53 PM

Feb 2009
Shame that he's got such a robotic voice.. I always think of Radiohead's "Fitter Happier" when he's talking. Episode preview promises some snogging ahead. Hehehe.
Jun 26, 2012 9:58 AM

Apr 2009
As I've said way back in episode 8, Kijin's wearing the mask because either he's ugly as fuck or the gods gave him a face that will launch a thousand ships or he's woman... Anyway, I would like to see this "peerless beauty" of his too, I don't care what will happen to me. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 21, 2013 4:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah I was pretty sure he wore the mask not because he's ugly, but because he's so beautiful all the women would fall in love him. Well, I didn't think he was so beautiful that he can even enchant men, but cool, I like him even more now :) And I guess the townspeople weren't being cold to Shuurei because she's an female official, but it was for her sake so her status wouldn't be tarnished! That was kind of a surprise, but I guess not really since they were people she's grown up with and they wouldn't dislike her just because she took the national exam and placed at the top 3.
Oct 13, 2013 12:43 AM

Jan 2008
tingy said:
Yeah I was pretty sure he wore the mask not because he's ugly, but because he's so beautiful all the women would fall in love him. Well, I didn't think he was so beautiful that he can even enchant men, but cool, I like him even more now :) And I guess the townspeople weren't being cold to Shuurei because she's an female official, but it was for her sake so her status wouldn't be tarnished! That was kind of a surprise, but I guess not really since they were people she's grown up with and they wouldn't dislike her just because she took the national exam and placed at the top 3.

I love this ep one of my favs
May 28, 2014 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
I laughed so hard when one of the officials said "I don't want to betray my wife!" Kijin just how beautiful are you XD! And on top of that, he murdered that fat bastard with his beauty. Killer looks. Literally.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 26, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 2009
Simply amazing!!

One of the best episode so far!!! Lots of emotions of laughter, joy, as well as tearful moments!

First off i'm glad that fat bastard got exposed pretty badly.

Not only he screwed with the Hong clan and it's leader Reishin, but he made sure that he won't be able to go anywhere without them stalking them, he will be forever remember in the clan and will make sure he will be dealth with even for the next 100 years!!

Scary indeed! Never mess with the Hong clan!!

I'm also surprise that it was Reishin that's delivering the goods to Shurei and Eigetsu, i thought it was Hakumei!!

Glad Seiran protected Shurei all the way! Even Ensei arrive in time as well!!

And why would you mess with Houju!?!?! He was pierced by his "pearless beauty!!"

and lol at the person "I mustn't betray my wife anymore!" "Please do not disturb my peaceful life anymore!"

He's definitely one beautiful man :)

The fat bastard even hid the rin in his wig. So that was the guy Reishin and Kyouu pulled that prank on XD

Houju played him like a toy!!

So the villagers didn't talked to Shurei in case her position might get tarnished.

Shurei made it!! She even had her make up on!!

I love her answer that whether she was born a man or a woman, she would regardless take the exam either way.

We need more people like Shurei!!

The only thing i wondered about here is where the hell is Eigetsu?!?! I'm pretty sure he would have tag along with Shurei!?!

Other than that, definitely the best episode!!! Want more of these!!!!
Sep 7, 2017 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Is that guy a tengu?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 21, 2020 11:04 PM

Sep 2014
Ah so my assumption was correct. Judging from his traits and demeanor i thought there's no way kijin-san would be ugly and this episode proved that he has a face with unfathomable and unparallel beauty. Kijin-san surely is a very interesting character.
Jul 19, 2022 11:13 AM

Feb 2012
A satisfying conclusion to the arc. However, I don't like this "abuse and humiliation is for your benefit" narrative that sometimes comes up particularly in older anime, this time official Ro even being rewarded for his behaviour. A lot of studies have shown that it doesn't work like that, and just because someone survived it and became top brass doesn't mean it was beneficial. I guess the attitude would be historically accurate (considering this is pretty vague about the time period), but then again so many things about this show are just fantasy anyway, so it doesn't mean they'd have to keep pushing that view.
FeorgJul 19, 2022 11:17 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 33 Discussion

tofei - Jun 28, 2012

5 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 22, 7:47 AM

» Which other anime feature an official as the protagonist ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

1 by Amuvlet »»
Mar 5, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 8, 2009

16 by agricheria »»
Mar 3, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

CrackityJones - Oct 26, 2010

12 by korogoro »»
Jul 18, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 14, 2009

32 by savvyg »»
Feb 16, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.