Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 7, 2009 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
UC has always been adult oriented where as AU is defiantly catered to the rabid shonen fanboy. UC is more about politics, techno babble and racism. while AU is Flashy pretty gundams, Retarded power levels and plot armor, ambiguous male leads and just general DUHHHHHH GUNDAM MAKE STUFF GO BOOM!
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 7, 2009 9:20 PM

Aug 2007
Loveless creator having the character design = alot of female fans.
Jan 2, 2010 7:26 PM
Feb 2008
While 00 (Season 1 anyway just started Season 2) is definitely more on the political side of things like Gundam Wing before it I wouldn't call it mature. Something like Ergo Proxy or Bebop is more adult oriented. This show is aimed at a audience that have at least a decent interest in intro politics and philosophy it's not as grim and adult as the producers are making it sound.

For starters the character designs reek of typical otaku crap. And there was some plot elements that just wouldn't work in a script meant to cater to a crowd expecting something a bit more realisitc.
Jan 3, 2010 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
Jigero said:
UC has always been adult oriented where as AU is defiantly catered to the rabid shonen fanboy. UC is more about politics, techno babble and racism. while AU is Flashy pretty gundams, Retarded power levels and plot armor, ambiguous male leads and just general DUHHHHHH GUNDAM MAKE STUFF GO BOOM!

So THAT'S what they call it in the AU. Plot armor. Back in my day when it was UC stuff, it was called a NewType.

Also...its a mecha series. When are they NOT about "giant robot make stuff go BOOM!"?

Also, LOL Gundam Wing = political. 00 S2 must've been Geass R2 level stupid, 'cause when I bailed it could best be described as, "Wing, without being stupid".
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 4, 2010 1:06 PM
Oct 2009
Saks said:
dtshyk said:
Mizushima: I guess the story was oriented to the adult audiences too much.
Kuroda: So we want the producer of the next Gundam series to bring Gundam back to the hands of children. I'm confident that we got Gundam back to the male fans by Gundam 00, but unsure about the kid fans.

New G Gundam....? xD

I fucking hope so.
Jan 16, 2010 12:20 PM
Aug 2009
PLEASE GIVE US A NEW G GUNDAM

unless it doesn't include "THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED"
Jan 16, 2010 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Absolutely_Steve said:

Really? I didn't realize adult audiences wanted a story filled with pseudo-real world politics and a throwaway cast of characters whose only draw is their supposed "sex appeal" that quickly devolves from having at least a semi-decent amount of moral ambiguity to yet another good vs. evil show with some piss poor excuses for antagonists and tackles almost none of the issues about war it brings up in a fashion even bordering satisfactory.

Seriously, I expected a lot better from the guy who directed Dai Guard...

agreed. I didn't even watch season 2, but season one was just...not that great IMO. And I am a girl.

Sorry gundam 00, but "pretty men shooting each other" isn't enough to entertain me for more than 3 or 4 episodes. By episode 5 or so I need an interesting plot to go along with it, and gundam 00 just didn't deliver that, sadly. It was like "look! an angst-ridden princess! some students! some bridge bunnies! a beach day! a pretty rich lady! a mysterious old man! have we covered every trend yet?? yes?? oh, right, moral ambiguity, can't forget that...well we'll just give one of them a split personality! that should satisfy them!"

agh....
Feb 17, 2010 7:14 PM

Sep 2008
With all those fanservice, so I thought g00 is for women. tieria and his gay gundam (ndaleeh), the hermaphrodite innovators, gundam obsessed bushido graham...

At least characters were MALE this time, instead of SEEDFAIL where you could question anyone's sex any moment...(gay miniskirts *shiver*)

wooo~ Dreamland T_T I really should watch SEED! Though I hated kira at first sight. I will give SEED a chance and endure seeing him. Athrun is really very pretty, I am now really very tempted.

Sorry gundam 00, but "pretty men shooting each other" isn't enough to entertain me for more than 3 or 4 episodes. By episode 5 or so I

yay~ I love watching pretty men. damn If I were to watch obviously I prefer good looking people. I was sooo happy while I was watching. The producers sure knows what yaoi fangirls love. and I love TRAPS. Good job sunrise! ♥

oh tieria... you gey meister. You made g00 an entertaining eyefeast. TuT
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Feb 27, 2010 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
you guys have no clue what gundam is?

I trust you forever. as manly as it gets. we need g gundam now!
Mar 6, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
Maybe it was Marina and all that pink hair and pink mecha that drove away the male fans xD
Aug 5, 2010 9:23 PM

Jun 2009
I would have to say, coming from someone who hasn't seen a Gundam since the original Gundam Wing and being a female that the seasons were very different.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first season appealed more of males and the second season appealed more to females. My thoughts, the second season up to the point I am watching, has more cheesy drama with relationships. It also makes the Gundam's look very vulnerable.

Personally I choose Gundam 00 because I couldn't stand Tieria's character design with the pink cardigan. I ended up loving to series. Personally I could accept Tieria as a male until the crossdressing episode.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 6, 2010 8:58 AM

Nov 2008
I like Gundam 00 as it is, it's got a good fanbase for both men and women, Gundam doesn't need any more kid friendly versions, it needs to be for the Seinen and/or Josei fanbase which most fans fall into since the average Gundam fan in Japan is well over 30 and here in the US is around their late teens to late 20's.

Aug 6, 2010 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
SageShinigami said:
Jigero said:

So THAT'S what they call it in the AU. Plot armor. Back in my day when it was UC stuff, it was called a NewType.

Also...its a mecha series. When are they NOT about "giant robot make stuff go BOOM!"?

Also, LOL Gundam Wing = political. 00 S2 must've been Geass R2 level stupid, 'cause when I bailed it could best be described as, "Wing, without being stupid".

heh funny because 90% of the New types in UC gundams are either dead, MIA or a cripple and tell me how many AU series basically killed off it's entire cast?

and Gundam Wing Politics where about grade school level.

It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 6, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
Jigero said:
SageShinigami said:
Jigero said:

heh funny because 90% of the New types in UC gundams are either dead, MIA or a cripple and tell me how many AU series basically killed off it's entire cast?

and Gundam Wing Politics where about grade school level.

None

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
52 minutes ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.