Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2009 5:34 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Epic battle is epic.

Rough sypnosis:

Whole plot of the episode here as I have commented on Kaioshin Sama's blog:

And wow RTX-440 is quite a crazy MS by OYW's standard. The number of armament it has made it quite close to the Kampfer from 0080, with the standard 220mm gun, Bopp gun, flamethrower, rocket pods, missile launcher, and some deployable explosives that can be released at once's notice. Besides it's really fast as well, making its predeccessor Guntank look like a colourful toy...

Just like the previous episode (and the first episode to some extent too), vengeance is a big theme to this episode or possible to the whole series in general. Arleen's fate is kinda unknown, as there is no mention of her being KIA like the other two.

With the episode ending with the end of Operation Odessa, the war on Earth is pretty much over. I wonder whether they will release another series involving space next.

Took me a while to understand the ending orz, but I will post it out once people have watched the subs of it.
quentinlauJun 1, 2009 2:36 PM
May 6, 2009 9:18 AM
Mar 2008
did GG drop this?
May 6, 2009 9:22 AM

May 2008
zaj said:
did GG drop this?

Well, the status on their database does say "dropped" indeed, but I am not sure why it is the case.
May 8, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
quentinlau said:
zaj said:
did GG drop this?

Well, the status on their database does say "dropped" indeed, but I am not sure why it is the case.

Ah fuck, i was really looking for his release
May 12, 2009 4:42 PM

Mar 2008
I have learned my lesson with GG ... I'll NEVER get any of their releases again
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2009 10:03 AM

May 2008
Still no subs? :S
May 26, 2009 10:38 AM

May 2008
That's odd. Is gg the only group that did English subs for this series? I've watched the Chinese sub so I didn't know about the situation. Maybe for those who wants to watch this episode should go watch the raw ones first, then I can try my best to explain what the whole thing is about later.

ADDED:
I've asked Kaioshin Sama about gg-subs, and that's his reply:
gg says they are dropping every series at least once during it’s run. It’s one of their trolling gimmicks and definitely the most overused one.

So expect them to come back with MS IGLOO 2 soon or later, like KyoAni does with Haruhi series recently?
quentinlauMay 26, 2009 4:30 PM
Jun 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
Saw the RAW right now. Pretty much the same "setting" as with the other Eps. Lady Vengence is talking to the heroine, she is losing her companions is getting desperate and tries anything she has on hand to stop the enemy.

She actually succeeds and is alive somehow, but get's bombed away by her own men, that are just shooting randomly to the place she was standing.... sad.^^
^_^ ^_^
Jun 1, 2009 2:39 PM

May 2008
Schabrak said:
She actually succeeds and is alive somehow, but get's bombed away by her own men, that are just shooting randomly to the place she was standing.... sad.^^

I think she did die - it'd be rather crazy for one to survive such massive explosion (and we're not talking about crazy guys like Heero Yui from Wing). The fact that there's an ethereal feel to it when she gets up from the ground kinda hints that she's a goner, and only her spirit remains.

Btw added the whole plot for the episode for all those who wants to know what has actually happened. (based on my view from a Chinese sub)
Jun 24, 2009 12:46 PM

May 2008
Anyone knows where can I get the raws? I have looking everywhere but couldn't find them
Jun 24, 2009 12:47 PM

Feb 2008
same here, at this point, i think i can settle with individual subbers.
Jul 8, 2009 6:52 AM

Apr 2007
Soulstrider said:
Anyone knows where can I get the raws? I have looking everywhere but couldn't find them

Found the raw here Here

But no subs :(
Jul 8, 2009 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Fuck you, gg. Srsly.

You'd think someone else would've picked it up, too. The hell's going on?
You wa SHOCK!!!
Jul 17, 2009 9:00 PM

Mar 2008
can someone post the link to the Chinese sub? I can understand it ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2009 6:48 AM

Mar 2008
GG subs are out.

The best episode of the 3 IMO with some really cool action. Overall it was a nice little OVA series showing the brutal face of war from a micro perspective.
Aug 29, 2009 8:16 PM

Sep 2008
The was pretty fucking Awesome. But alot of things didn't make sense. Like why did the guntank's arm cannon's virtually unaffect a Gouf, but totally ripped apart a Rick Dom 2? The dom has armor more then at least twice a thick as a gouf's. Also who did a flame thrower take out a Magella attack tank? I know it's a Magalla but seriously a flame thrower? An M1 Abrams tank is virtually fire proof, and Magella was built at least 150 years after that thing. Also if they had Guntanks like that why the balls did they discontinue those things and go with GMs? Hell those Guntanks could probably give Amuro and his RX-78 a run for his money, hell it might even beat it.

But anyways I'm glad they showed operation Odessa. Odessa was the biggest battle of the One Year War, and they hardly ever show what actually happened during it in any of the series. You can catch glimpses of it in some of the games but not much.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 30, 2009 5:41 AM

May 2009
That was one awesome battle. Guntanks ftw!
Aug 30, 2009 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
Jigero said:
The was pretty fucking Awesome. But alot of things didn't make sense. Like why did the guntank's arm cannon's virtually unaffect a Gouf, but totally ripped apart a Rick Dom 2? The dom has armor more then at least twice a thick as a gouf's. Also who did a flame thrower take out a Magella attack tank? I know it's a Magalla but seriously a flame thrower? An M1 Abrams tank is virtually fire proof, and Magella was built at least 150 years after that thing. Also if they had Guntanks like that why the balls did they discontinue those things and go with GMs? Hell those Guntanks could probably give Amuro and his RX-78 a run for his money, hell it might even beat it.

But anyways I'm glad they showed operation Odessa. Odessa was the biggest battle of the One Year War, and they hardly ever show what actually happened during it in any of the series. You can catch glimpses of it in some of the games but not much.

Guntank were not suited fort space battles, even if they seem very efficient on ground battle since the war will gradually take place in space, developing Guntanks would not be the best choice.

Actually we can see in the original series that one Guntank fights on the White Base.
Sep 4, 2009 6:02 AM

Dec 2008
that was the best action part in this ova show.

the 3 Guntanks ruled like hell,but the kamikaze was totally nonsense in my opinion.
I also didn't liked extreme emo parts of the characters.
Sep 7, 2009 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
Moya said:
Jigero said:

Guntank were not suited fort space battles, even if they seem very efficient on ground battle since the war will gradually take place in space, developing Guntanks would not be the best choice.

Actually we can see in the original series that one Guntank fights on the White Base.

Uh that's nonsense because the Federation made an entire line of Mobile suits that could only be used on the ground. The G series. The Zeons did too. Gundam G, GM G, Zaku G, Dom Trophen. Not to mention the GMs that where along side the guntanks in that OVA where actually GM G's but they where using Heavy shields.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 7, 2009 3:00 PM

Aug 2006
Jigero said:

Uh that's nonsense because the Federation made an entire line of Mobile suits that could only be used on the ground. The G series. The Zeons did too. Gundam G, GM G, Zaku G, Dom Trophen. Not to mention the GMs that where along side the guntanks in that OVA where actually GM G's but they where using Heavy shields.

It's not nonsense because;

The RX79G Gundam Ground was never mass produced and are constructed of spare parts left over from the RX78 development project.

I don't know about the GM G, but no one care about GM anyways. But it's safe to assume they are in the same boat as the RX79G.

The Zaku II G is just a "cheaper" variant of the Zaku II F and was developed/deployed before the Earth Federation start to mass produce mobile suit (most of the fighting was on Earth at this point).

The Dom Tropen is a Dom Funf outfitted for tropical/desert warfare, the Dom Funf was a late addition in the war and so was never mass produced.
Sep 20, 2009 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
Nice episode but, as with each of these, it's quite hard to understand what's going on sometimes.
Feb 24, 2011 6:06 PM

Oct 2009
Epic battle ^^
Aug 25, 2012 3:06 PM

Apr 2008
This ep made Guntanks Freakin' amazing! Eat it Hayato! And I saw Doms =D

But now...I need some flowers. Teddy bears, puppies, or something. She went to jail for giving out the guntank info to the man who became a double agent? I think his name is Clyde (クライド・ベタニー).

The Shinigami is attracted to people with a big big darkness...

War totally is hell, and that's portrayed wonderfully in this series.
Oct 7, 2012 12:26 AM

Jan 2012
The last episode was a tragic one to be sure. Didn't like it as much as the previous two though. A love story doesn't do much for me, but the battle was pretty badass.

As an ova, I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It really paints an image of how the war was fought before the development of the GM. Regular soldiers trying to take down giant monsters is way more heroic than someone who is in an advanced suit taking down zakus like they are nothing. Just taking down one with the tools available to them is way more rewarding.

I want to see more of this, but I doubt they will continue since this is pretty old now. Too bad, 9/10.
May 17, 2013 10:09 AM

Jun 2012
I really liked this episode. I thought the girl was going to survive. Well, too bad.

It's sad to see that it was a misunderstood. This girls and the traitor could be together one day...

This whole Shinigami thing was very bizarre, but I really liked it.

And also, those Guntanks were different from the ones in the original series, right? it was strange for me, but I think they'd just reimaginated it
Jul 16, 2013 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
Never knew Guntanks were this badass o.O Awesome ova but the Death God thing threw me off a bit, 9/10.
May 13, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
yeah i ended up not liking any of the igloos, there were scattered moments of potent but no follow through, this series in particular could had been cool had it been longer and the supernatural element not even been there in the first place. It worked when i thought it was just in the guy from episode 1's head but making it some actual ghost of death just feels goofy and out of place. This episode was so rushed and the final few minutes felt like a really forced M night shyamalan twist ending.

4/10....for pretty much the entire igloo series.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 5, 2014 10:25 PM

Jul 2007
Zell182 said:
Nice episode but, as with each of these, it's quite hard to understand what's going on sometimes.

Yeah its honestly better to watch the original mobile suit gundam before this ova, it gives you a more of an outlook behind the history, wars, the terminology, etc.

I understand how they incorporated the shinigami theme though, its mostly symbolism, not really supposed to be a frictional character in the ova. Even though its depicted as so.

Jun 29, 2015 6:46 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt really like the concept of a shinigami but this ep made up for the last 2.
Nov 17, 2015 6:59 AM
Oct 2010
Finally Feddies got their share of limelight and had to be obstructed by the likes of shinigami . Must be misfortune of their birth.

This time we got some badass stories about the grunt soldiers who boar the brunt of Zeon's invasion. It would had been a lot better without the whole "shinigami" thing. It broke the immersion time to time.

In my opinion shinigami should have remained an observer and messed with the characters during sleep only. That would have driven the message to home in better way.

Overall , IGLOO series is good fanservice for the fans of UC and OYW in terms of action rather than story .
badlander_vtgNov 17, 2015 5:49 PM
Jan 21, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
Again, another crazy-eyes berserker, but a woman this time. Every character was totally possessed by the Fury. Her personal story did not attract me.
The shinigami presence was too strong in this OVA, to the point it started to seem like an actual being.
Good point: the battle gave some views on Operation Odessa. But this Guntank model seemed overpowered by the side of GMs. I thought the GM were lesser Gundam, shouldn't the Federation Guntanks be a bit under the prototype ones?

3/5

Overall:
Except for the "crazy eyes" impression, the CGI facial features are improved since the first IGLOO. The fact you can see the Zeon impressive tech superiority of the war beginnings then the shift make some scenes interesting despite the boring personal stories of those madmen. The fantasy touch becomes too strong toward the end. 5/10 overall. (8/10 for the first episode, 4/10 the others)

Score: 5/10 overall. (8/10 for the first episode, 4/10 the others)

August 3, 2017
@laughterjones The rockets? Yes.

Rei_IIIJun 5, 2021 1:05 PM
Jul 4, 2016 8:34 PM

Apr 2012
This girl and the tank guy from the previous ep should fight the zeon tank guy from the previous Igloo series.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 25, 2016 8:50 PM

May 2012
I personally was really not a fan of this Igloo series, and this was mostly because of the horrible CGI. Even if the story and action is pretty good, the CGI just ruins it for me.

All in all these 9 episodes were still pretty decent and did gave a nice overall look on the general military but beside that it was pretty generic.
Dec 24, 2016 3:32 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This last episode was great, with the Guntank takes the battle and destroyer all the enemys, even in the plot, a little revenge, a story of love, with a ends suprise!!!

In summary, great Ovas, with 3 differents storys about the weight of gravity, in the 0079 U.C. in the great war on the Earth!!!!

7/10.
Aug 3, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 2017
Land battleships were pretty sweet to see in CGI, even if it was a bit older in terms of years. Was cool to see them in action. Guntanks were extremely well armed. Would hate to get hit from any round in those things. Lethal in this episode though. Death god manifestation thing was still dumb. Glad Igloo is over. Probably won't watch this series again. At least the Zeon perspective episodes had somewhat of a continuity. Here we just got that lame commander in all 3 episodes as the rest of the MCs

At the end,
Mar 10, 2020 9:43 AM

May 2015
Even though the animation is still off-putting, I kinda got used to it during previous parts of IGLOO but I think I would've preferred to watch the continuation of those, rather than these Earth battles because there was at least time to actually develop interest in the main reappearing characters. Here they are more like random background characters who just happen to have their moment and then they die and you forget about them. Sure, the stories became more diverse with more focus on individual drama. But whenever that ghost appeared I couldn't help but lose interest. This concept was stupid and completely unnecessary. It would have been so much better without any supernatural stuff.
Jul 15, 2021 11:26 PM
Nov 2018
damn sucks to be the chick...double whammy of pain. these stories were pretty cool
Dec 29, 2021 2:53 AM

Oct 2013
I liked IGLOO as a whole but this episode, especially the final twist, was dumb as hell. Why did no one ever told her her man was a spy? Why was she even jailed? I get that probably the Federation higher ups wanted to prevent an information leak but it's still absurd that at least Arleen was never informed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: Gravity of the Battlefront Episode 1 Discussion

TechnicsMKII - Nov 2, 2008

31 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: Gravity of the Battlefront Episode 2 Discussion

quentinlau - Jan 29, 2009

20 by laughterjones »»
Aug 3, 2017 6:06 AM

» Storyline order?

ragnaroks - Aug 22, 2009

5 by tofei »»
May 4, 2010 1:25 AM

» Who is subbing this?

Jigero - Oct 28, 2008

2 by zaj »»
Oct 31, 2008 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.