Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jan 27 - Feb 2

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
tsubasalover said:
*4. *8,140 *8,140 Little Busters!: Refrain Vol.1 Limited Edition
*5. *7,159 *7,159 Non Non Biyori Vol.2
*7. *5,306 *5,306 Kiniro Mosaic Vol.5
This pleases me greatly.
AO968 said:
NNB's victory is assured, and justifiably so. Kiniro Mosaic needs a second season badly.
Indeed.

I follow Kinmoza and all of its related outlets quite closely in hopes of discovering the coveted Second Season Announcement.

Feb 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Mar 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
if kuroko continue like this they will anime all the manga

Lets hope they bring old composer from 1st season to make the OST for 3th season if they make.
Feb 4, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
Highschool DxD New still selling strong, that's great. Now to wait for an official season 3 announcement soon.
Feb 4, 2014 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
There wasn't that much that was worth being sold that aired last season, so I'm neither surprised nor disappointed by the Fall numbers
Feb 4, 2014 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
Yay for non non biyori and Kiniro :D Three cheers for SoL!

Feb 4, 2014 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
tsubasalover said:

*4. *8,140 *8,140 Little Busters!: Refrain Vol.1 Limited Edition
*5. *7,159 *7,159 Non Non Biyori Vol.2
*8. *5,240 *5,240 Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Blu-ray Box Vol.2
*9. *5,166 *5,166 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Vol.5
10. *4,511 *4,511 Strike the Blood Vol.1 Limited Edition
13. *3,185 *3,185 Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Vol.2

So happy to see Illya get a bit of love. Happy for Little Busters and Gundam Wing as well.

tsubasalover said:

CD Single
*4. 36,925 *36,925 Love Live! School Idol Project/ "Takaramonos/Paradise Live" by μ’s
*6. 27,827 *27,827 The iDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e Theme Song "M@STERPIECE" by 765PRO ALLSTARS
*7. 20,986 *20,986 Nisekoi OP "CLICK" by ClariS

I was hoping iDOL would beat out Love Live, but both are amazing either way. I tip my hat to you.

tsubasalover said:

CD Album
*2. 35,711 *,*35,711 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Gekidan Shining "Tenka Muteki no Shinobi Michi" by Otoiya Ittoki (CV: Takuma Terashima), Masato Hijirikawa (CV: Kenichi Suzumura), Syo Kurusu (CV: Hiro Shimono), Cecil Aijima (CV: Kousuke Toriumi)
14. *7,624 *,**7,624 The iDOLM@STER LIVE THEATER PERFORMANCE 10 by Takane Shinjou (CV: Yumi Hara),Umi Takahashi (CV: Reina Ueda),Matsuri Tokugawa (CV: Ayaka Suwa),Miya Miyao (CV: Choucho Kiritani)

Ayaka Suwa <3 .
Feb 4, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
Well at least Kuroko no Basket fans can always expect more adaptations!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2014
tsubasalover said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for January 27th - February 2nd

CD Single
*4. 36,925 *36,925 Love Live! School Idol Project/ "Takaramonos/Paradise Live" by μ’s
*6. 27,827 *27,827 The iDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e Theme Song "M@STERPIECE" by 765PRO ALLSTARS
*7. 20,986 *20,986 Nisekoi OP "CLICK" by ClariS
13. 12,705 *12,705 Saikin, Chotto Imouto no Yousu ga Okaishiinda ga. ED "Charming Do!" by Yui Ogura
16. *6,598 **6,598 Miss Monochrome OP "Poker Face" by Miss Monochrome (CV: Yui Horie)
17. *6,142 **6,142 Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. OP "Kyou ni Koiiro" by May'n
19. *6,005 **6,005 Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda ED "Visumania" by Aoi Yuuki
20. *5,894 **5,894 Tokyo Ravens OP "~Outgrow~" by Gero
21. *5,498 **5,498 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren OP "VOICE" by ZAQ
22. *5,486 **5,486 Sakura Trick OP/ED "Won(*3*)Chu KissMe!/Kiss(and)Love" by SAKURA*TRICK
26. *4,458 **4,458 Strike the Blood OP "Fight 4 Real" by ALTIMA
27. *4,377 **4,377 Noragami OP "Goya no Machiawase" by Hello Sleepwalkers

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

Happy to see Love live, Nisekoi and Noragami here
Feb 4, 2014 6:12 PM
Feb 2009
So when will we actually find out Log Horizon blu ray numbers since we just see dvd this week (tho presumably that's cause bd was below the cutoff)?
Feb 4, 2014 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
ITT - your taste sucks, mine is better, get on my level noobs.
Feb 4, 2014 7:49 PM
Dec 2013
Kurobas really good sales. Good rise from volume 1 of season 1. Very Impressive.
STB wow. 5K. Really interesting if it can stack another 1k next week for a 6k start.
What happened with Tamayura? Where did all those sales come from??

On winter pre-orders, WCW and Hoozuki really steady. SYD2 and Mikakunin really good positions. Space Dandy and Noragami good boosts. Finally for Dandy...I'm waiting that boost since forever. The loli boost again.
Chuu2koi, Nisekoi and Yuri Trick positions still unsure. Other shops are eating the ranks and points for these. If only aniplex shop will post their own rankings to somehow guess the numbers.
Feb 4, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2010
Very glad to see a 'Preliminary DVD & Blu-ray Sales Rankings for Fall 2013' list getting posted again.
You have my appreciation tsubasalover! ;3

tsubasalover said:

*1. 27,067 Infinite Stratos 2
I guess all I could do is hate on Infinite Stratos...

tsubasalover said:
*3. 13,137 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio
*4. 10,398 Non Non Biyori
*6. *9,701 Little Busters!: Refrain
*7. *6,524 Kyoukai no Kanata
*9. *5,800 Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai
10. *5,583 Strike the Blood
13. *3,374 White Album 2
14. *3,010 Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Great to see for sales for all these shows to have done well especially Little Busters Refrain. Even pre-ordered my own BDs!

tsubasalover said:
15. *2,914 Nagi no Asukara
19. *1,776 Tokyo Ravens
24. *1,098 Golden Time
31. **,721 Log Horizon
Disappointment... seeing the sales so low. Well in Log Horizon's case I know that BD numbers aren't out yet, but still a disappointed.
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Feb 5, 2014 12:16 AM

Sep 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
What the hell? how can Log Horizon sell that low, what sort of thing is that? I know it airs on NHK so it is not as important for most series but still WTF?

xJedz said:
Log Horizon sales.... WHY!!!!

I would say tsubasalover should have made it clear that the number for Log Horizon is only for DVD while the more important BD sales number is not yet available. Back when I compiled the BD/DVD sales for MAL I took care to point out in the first volume ranking those titles that have only partial number in. Not sure why tsubasalover abandoned this practice.

I would suggest you guys jump up to complain only AFTER you learn the full sales data of Log Horizon (which I suppose jmal will send out later this week), not when only the much smaller DVD number is out.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 5, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
I would say tsubasalover should have made it clear that the number for Log Horizon is only for DVD while the more important BD sales number is not yet available. Back when I compiled the BD/DVD sales for MAL I took care to point out in the first volume ranking those titles that have only partial number in. Not sure why tsubasalover abandoned this practice.

Yes, I'm sorry. I will make sure to understand that matter and point it out because I'm not familiar with the BD and DVD part.

exile2013 said:
tsubasalover said:
Preliminary DVD & Blu-ray Sales Rankings for Fall 2013 (First Volumes)

11. *4,077 Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

29. **,807 Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

Any reason why Magi is listed twice? I was wondering why Magi was so low until I saw it higher on the list.

It was an error, and it has been fixed.
tsubasaloverFeb 5, 2014 1:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2014 1:27 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
The real WTF this week is Tamayura selling ~2.5x more DVDs than any previous volume in the franchise (and no accompanying boost to BDs, which will sell the usual I assume). v1 of this season only sold 610 DVDs.

Assuming it's not just Oricon accidentally switching the two formats, the only thing I can guess is that Sakamoto Maaya fans were buying v4 for the Momoneko-sama Matsuri 2013 event footage, where I assume she would have performed. But it's still nuts. It also throws calculations of Tamayura's average out of whack, but oh well, I'm not going to complain about Tamayura looking better in sales...
It has been confirmed that Oricon made a rare and odd mistake in reporting the sales of Tamayura and it is not just a swap of BD and DVD sales data. While peviously the DVD sales for Tamayura was put at 2431, the BD sales for Tamayura is now put at 3480 and is not at #17 in the all-BD sales ranking. The entry for Tamayura in the DVD sales ranking is now gone. Everything below it move up one rank and the last slot is taken by Gundam BG v2 at 597.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 5, 2014 1:55 AM

Nov 2007
I have updated the ranking list to reveal this update.

symbv said:
It has been confirmed that Oricon made a rare and odd mistake in reporting the sales of Tamayura and it is not just a swap of BD and DVD sales data. While peviously the DVD sales for Tamayura was put at 2431, the BD sales for Tamayura is now put at 3480 and is not at #17 in the all-BD sales ranking. The entry for Tamayura in the DVD sales ranking is now gone. Everything below it move up one rank and the last slot is taken by Gundam BG v2 at 597.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2014 7:27 AM
Mar 2013
I don't see why anyone is happy about Railgun S being in #1 with those poor sales. Those sales were terrible. Hopefully, it gets more sales next week so it at least gets to 15000...

Also, for people who don't know Index/Railgun future seasons are temporarily on hold until some time in the future... it may be a year or two away, but there was an announcement. Though they didn't say they were not having another one; they just said to be patient for the next seasons.
Feb 5, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
dniv said:
I don't see why anyone is happy about Railgun S being in #1 with those poor sales. Those sales were terrible. Hopefully, it gets more sales next week so it at least gets to 15000...

Also, for people who don't know Index/Railgun future seasons are temporarily on hold until some time in the future... it may be a year or two away, but there was an announcement. Though they didn't say they were not having another one; they just said to be patient for the next seasons.

>14.5k first week
>Terrible

what?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 5, 2014 8:50 AM

Sep 2009
I just hope there's still a chance for Tamayura S3 or at least a bunch of OVAs.
Feb 5, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
27. *4,377 **4,377 Noragami OP "Goya no Machiawase" by Hello Sleepwalkers
30. *3,136 **3,136 Space☆Dandy ED "X Jigen e Youkoso" by Etsuko

Glad to see these ranking and glad to see they're already on the us version of itunes.

7. 20,986 *20,986 Nisekoi OP "CLICK" by ClariS
19. *6,005 **6,005 Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda ED "Visumania" by Aoi Yuuki

Also glad to see these ranking, but can't find them yet. Not really worrying about Click though because all of ClariS's stuff usually ends up on itunes.

time to go find them somewhere else for the time being.

Really liking the openings and endings this season, other than Noragami I'm not really liking the shows that much.
Feb 5, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
I'm glad that Noragami's OP is selling well! My copy should come in sooner or later. I'm not surprised with Nisekoi's OP's sales at all given ClariS's popularity although I've never really liked her (just one person, right?) songs.

Mod Edit: quote of deleted post removed.
ThangLongFeb 5, 2014 11:07 AM
Feb 5, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2011
jmal said:
Laciie said:
I'm glad that Noragami's OP is selling well! My copy should come in sooner or later. I'm not surprised with Nisekoi's OP's sales at all given ClariS's popularity although I've never really liked her (just one person, right?) songs.

ClariS is supposed to be two singers. They've never shown their faces in public but did a concert where they appeared in silhouette behind a screen.

Ahh I see. Thank you for clarifying.
Feb 5, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2009
jmal said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I just hope there's still a chance for Tamayura S3 or at least a bunch of OVAs.

Another OVA was announced but I'll be surprised if it goes beyond that. While I could watch it forever, they'll eventually run short of ways for Fuu to have a sentimental meeting with some stranger who happened to know her father and all that.

I'd happily watch her go through her last year of school, go to college, become a professional photographer etc etc... but I doubt SatoJun has any plans to go there.

I mean he should cover her last school year at least one way or another. Cause it's just not fair to leave the story there More Aggressive ended.
Feb 5, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
Laciie said:

ClariS is supposed to be two singers. They've never shown their faces in public but did a concert where they appeared in silhouette behind a screen.

They seriously need their own anime. I mean they already have a bunch of top tier character designers doing illustrations of them and their story writes itself.
[center]
Feb 5, 2014 6:02 PM
Oct 2012
KhanhCPham said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
man im glad that log horizon is on NHK, cause even if we dont have that blu ray data.....700 is pretty bad

Same. I assume it all depends on viewer ratings since it airs on primetime. The show is also government funded. I remember hearing Phi Brain is another government funded show that also airs on primetime that doesnt even rank in BD/DVD sales but it got 3 seasons.

Still a shame it didnt get more sales because really enjoyed the show.

NHK broadcasts in high definition with no commericals, it is just too easy to record the shows from the broadcast, also NHK is the only channel that has national coverage, so there are no fans in the country who haven't had the chance to watch it on TV (as opposed to most other anime networks).

So it would be fair to say that a show trades off disc sales in order to be on NHK. The profits may not be as high, but the production company knows that they are going to have a profit. This in turn helps these company's speculate on other shows.
Feb 5, 2014 9:41 PM
Dec 2010
jmal said:
It's definitely dropped from s1's 24,495 average

That's why the sales are absolutely terrible, Railgun S is vastly superior to the filler hell that is Railgun yet sold nowhere close. That implies that the pulling power of the series is going downhill.
Feb 5, 2014 10:11 PM
May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
KhanhCPham said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
man im glad that log horizon is on NHK, cause even if we dont have that blu ray data.....700 is pretty bad

Same. I assume it all depends on viewer ratings since it airs on primetime. The show is also government funded. I remember hearing Phi Brain is another government funded show that also airs on primetime that doesnt even rank in BD/DVD sales but it got 3 seasons.

Still a shame it didnt get more sales because really enjoyed the show.

NHK broadcasts in high definition with no commericals, it is just too easy to record the shows from the broadcast, also NHK is the only channel that has national coverage, so there are no fans in the country who haven't had the chance to watch it on TV (as opposed to most other anime networks).

So it would be fair to say that a show trades off disc sales in order to be on NHK. The profits may not be as high, but the production company knows that they are going to have a profit. This in turn helps these company's speculate on other shows.

Are you sure about this?

I was under the impression that buyers of the discs have often already seen the anime and liked it, and therefore bought it. Or they may like the extras. How many people actually buy discs for shows that they haven't already seen?
Feb 6, 2014 7:58 AM
May 2013
NagiAsu v1 still kicking...in week 7!? Wow...fantastic. Is this stock related or more people buying?
Feb 6, 2014 8:15 AM
May 2013
jmal said:
Hahalollawl said:
NagiAsu v1 still kicking...in week 7!? Wow...fantastic. Is this stock related or more people buying?

Mostly more people buying. That's why v2 sold 2.4x more in its first week than v1 did, which is roughly where v1 got by week 6.

There was some slowness in getting stock back once the show exploded (uh, in relative terms, it's still sub-4k) a month or so after the first volume originally came out, because I'm sure they didn't expect that to happen and had to make more. But the driving factor is more interest in the show rather then a lot of unmet week 1 demand.

Nice. If NagiAsu can surge this late maybe there's still hope for some of the new Winter season shows doing decently...And I know 3-4k isn't a mega hit, but still, it's nice to see a late surge because it suggests that people were giving the show a chance even if they didn't buy it right away.
Feb 6, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
Full weekly list: http://www.someanithing.com/?p=755

So much stuff gah. Kill La Kill v1 hits 10k, NagiAsu v1 adds yet more and v2 ranks in both formats, etc.

Hooray for Kill la kill and NagiAsu!
[center]
Feb 6, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2007
Persolly I though anime like strike the blood is on the list. Maybe when you put a vampire on a story it automatically sell
Feb 6, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2011
minimiau said:
Maybe when you put a vampire on a story it automatically sell

Well, when you look at DiaLovers... I don't even think I've ever seen it charting at all (unless the DVDs/BDs aren't out yet or something).
Feb 6, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
STB had a large initial rush of light novel fans which made Stalker say 10K for volume one initially before coming down to earth but it is a fairly popular light novel series and I think that accounts for it. Many are saying it is a pretty good mashup/ripoff of Campione! and Index though with sales tipped more toward the Campione! end for discs. Not all popular light novels sell many discs but this one did for some reason so they did something right there.
Feb 6, 2014 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
jmal said:
Full weekly list: http://www.someanithing.com/?p=755

So much stuff gah. Kill La Kill v1 hits 10k, NagiAsu v1 adds yet more and v2 ranks in both formats, etc.

Thanks jmal.

And wow, Silver Link is on the uptick it seems. I wasn't even paying attention.
Feb 6, 2014 7:39 PM
Mar 2013
jmal said:
rederoin said:
dniv said:

>14.5k first week
>Terrible

what?

Not to mention it's quite consistent with the previous volume. Railgun S has been consistent in general:

Week 1 (Total) - Vol [#weeks ranked]
16,720 (18,801) - Vol. 1 [wk3]
16,008 (17,386) - Vol. 2 [wk3]
14,930 (16,712) - Vol. 3 [wk4]
14,465 (16,425) - Vol. 4 [wk3]
15,450 (16,303) - Vol. 5 [wk2]
14,715 (15,852) - Vol. 6 [wk3]
14,514 (**,***) - Vol. 7 [wk1]

It's definitely dropped from s1's 24,495 average, but across this season's discs it's been very consistent.

I'm just stingy because I'm sad it isn't doing better than season 1. I know it's customary for sales to drop, but the Sisters arc was so much better than season 1... J.C. staff finally mostly adapted something from Kamachi's manga/LN's right... but still low sales...
Feb 6, 2014 10:04 PM
May 2013
jmal said:
Laciie said:
minimiau said:
Maybe when you put a vampire on a story it automatically sell

Well, when you look at DiaLovers... I don't even think I've ever seen it charting at all (unless the DVDs/BDs aren't out yet or something).

It didn't rank. It's also not a normal release (it wasn't even available at Amazon) but it definitely didn't do well. There's definitely no correlation between inclusion of vampires and good sales.

Perhaps Blood Lad would be a better example. Male vampire character with low sales.

Interesting CD sales. Decent sales for that Noragami OP I guess? I actually didn't care much for it first time I heard it, but I think it's pretty catchy now lol.

Hmmm people like that ImoCho ED huh? Or are there just a lot of fans of Ogura Yui? Something about that song...I don't particularly like it. Maybe it's the animation that goes with it (wtf is going on during that ending?)

I guess that WA2 OST didn't do too good huh?
HahalollawlFeb 7, 2014 12:16 AM
Feb 7, 2014 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
dniv said:
I'm just stingy because I'm sad it isn't doing better than season 1. I know it's customary for sales to drop, but the Sisters arc was so much better than season 1... J.C. staff finally mostly adapted something from Kamachi's manga/LN's right... but still low sales...
You realize that 14.5K is still good. It is a big drop yes but to call it low sales is going overboard. To call it below expectations is a better way to put it, I think they hoped it would be closer to 20K.

Few anime do better the second season. Nanoha a while back, Symphogear G and UtaPri recently but most drop.
Hahalollawl said:
I guess that WA2 OST didn't do too good huh?

93. *1,023 *,**1,023 White Album 2 Original Soundtrack
Yeah, not that good. I guess the main problem for WA2 the anime is that WA2 the game already has OST discs from last year. I am buying all the anime ones too because I like the updated versions but really, I already have 3-4 versions of some songs and I'll get another one next month when the vocal album comes out and then another copy when the live concert Bluray comes out! I don't mind, every little bit helps to make Closing Chapter's adaptation a possibility though I'm worried that 3K BD and 1K disc sales aren't going to do it. The PS Vita game didn't sell that well either but the VN is still ranked really high so maybe I'm not seeing all the PS3 Game sales or something? Hard to track this one as it has so much merchandise, hard to know if it is profitable or not.

I bought Rena Uehara's Emergence album too even though it is half WA2 songs. It is SACD so it sounds better than the OP/ED/IS CD I bought last fall but it really is a bit silly of me to buy the same songs over and over... except for the support factor I guess. Rena's album must have been under 1K, it was on the daily rankings but then either it didn't show up or people forgot to include it even though it contains many anime songs.
hpulleyFeb 7, 2014 4:45 AM
Feb 7, 2014 5:16 AM
Dec 2013
Mikakunin boost again. I'm hoping for a decent 80-120 steady until March. WCW and Hoozuki still solid. Wow.
Arpeggio 2-3 also doing well. It might be a steady seller. Hope KLK and Nonnon will be a steady seller as well.
Big drop for Dandy. Nisekoi not doing well as of late. Zvezda might be OK. They got the front page on aniplex shop...or maybe the aniplex original treatment. I don't know.

Will Magical Warfare rank? ^_^; What do you guys think?
Feb 7, 2014 5:26 AM

Dec 2011
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/graphpng/Graph2014020721_B00HQSG54E_week.jpg

I don't see how space dandy is dropping. It's doing about the same as last week and far better than 2 weeks ago.

As for mahou sensou - it seems noone is buying it. With the way the last episode was handled, I'm not really surprised. When you reach the stage where every sale gives a clearly visible boost on the ranking, and there's a distinct lack of these boosts around, you know you're going nowhere. As for whether it ranks, it will depend on how much else is around that week.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 7, 2014 5:33 AM
Dec 2013
^ You didn't saw Dandy around the 300th spot last week??

I just saw the Magical Warfare on ANN and wow....jabbed with a bamboo sword huh? I think the author didn't want an adaptation...
Feb 7, 2014 5:38 AM

Dec 2011
volare1 said:
^ You didn't saw Dandy around the 300th spot last week??

I just saw the Magical Warfare on ANN and wow....jabbed with a bamboo sword huh? I think the author didn't want an adaptation...

It was around the 4-500 mark earlier this week, yes. But it's only really good to compare stuff to it's position at the same point of different weeks, not different points in the same week.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 7, 2014 6:07 AM
Dec 2013
Hey I just said it got a boost and then dropped. 300 to 1,000 is a drop regardless. Something to be happy about since 20+/- people decided to buy....though they can cancel it. No need to make things complicated.
Feb 7, 2014 6:37 AM
Dec 2013
^ I said it got a boost on the last thread but it got locked. I expect regular sales nerds on the forum to notice it since some people here are around everyday to check posts, self-modding the threads etc. so I did not bother typing the boost part.

I guess some people like you and kuudere don't check here everyday because of the new forum rules?
volare1Feb 7, 2014 6:40 AM
Feb 7, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2011
Kuudere was just pointing out a clarification and I was expanding on the idea.

This.

I do read every post on these sales threads, although I don't reply all that often (and I tend to pay more attention to the manga/LN thread than the anime/CD one).
Feb 7, 2014 7:27 AM
Dec 2013
^Ok I get it. No need to double confirm it. Smh.

I'm glad someone pays attention to anime CDs as well even for a bit. That is good to hear.

@jmal: Is that so. Fair enough. I'm just happy Dandy got a boost.
Feb 7, 2014 10:40 AM
May 2013
hpulley said:

93. *1,023 *,**1,023 White Album 2 Original Soundtrack
Yeah, not that good. I guess the main problem for WA2 the anime is that WA2 the game already has OST discs from last year. I am buying all the anime ones too because I like the updated versions but really, I already have 3-4 versions of some songs and I'll get another one next month when the vocal album comes out and then another copy when the live concert Bluray comes out! I don't mind, every little bit helps to make Closing Chapter's adaptation a possibility though I'm worried that 3K BD and 1K disc sales aren't going to do it. The PS Vita game didn't sell that well either but the VN is still ranked really high so maybe I'm not seeing all the PS3 Game sales or something? Hard to track this one as it has so much merchandise, hard to know if it is profitable or not.

I bought Rena Uehara's Emergence album too even though it is half WA2 songs. It is SACD so it sounds better than the OP/ED/IS CD I bought last fall but it really is a bit silly of me to buy the same songs over and over... except for the support factor I guess. Rena's album must have been under 1K, it was on the daily rankings but then either it didn't show up or people forgot to include it even though it contains many anime songs.

Meh. As far as I'm concerned, it's your right to do what you want with your money. If you like it, want it, or want to support it and can afford it, why not? Besides, you can say you at least contributed right? But I see your point about potential cannibalization. I can understand that some people might have a hard time justifying buying the OST if they already have all the songs they like. Does the OST include anything that hasn't already been included elsewhere? I would hope so...otherwise they really shouldn't be expecting super high sales.
HahalollawlFeb 7, 2014 10:47 AM
Feb 7, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
There are a few new songs and new versions but most of them are also in the game. Not surprising since the anime was a very close adaptation of the game's introductory chapter which is completely linear (no choices). So not much that's completely new so if you either have the game (which has a music player mode for all the songs as you unlock them) or the game OST then you are covered for the most part. Hence 1K sales.

And Rena's album is also full of songs from elsewhere for the most part, some updated versions and it is SACD which Fix Records seems to have resurrected.

There are some vocal versions that have never been released so I hope the vocal album next month includes them. But it is preordered already even though 5/12 of the tracks already listed are new, the other 7 I have already. 14 other tracks are as yet unlisted and I hope they include the piano, guitar and vocal version of WHITE ALBUM which has so far not yet been released.
jmal said:
hpulley said:

It ranked 107th and sold 899 copies.
Thanks! I couldn't find the album thread on 2ch this week.
Feb 9, 2014 7:57 PM
May 2013
tsubasalover said:

17. *6,142 **6,142 Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. OP "Kyou ni Koiiro" by May'n

Oh and I guess this sold okay huh? I kinda like this song, it's pretty catchy. Though I guess I should expect nothing less from May'n. The anime's not bad either in my opinion (from what I've seen so far).
Feb 9, 2014 8:12 PM
Dec 2013
Wow great boost for WCW. Almost all volumes on the top 100. Really good stuff.
Dandy on the 300 spots again. Mikakunin high on the 60s.
I'm looking forward for a 5k WUG movie sales also. Hopefully. Stalker's estimate for patema shrinking is kinda heartbreaking for me...hoping it climbs on the ranks.
volare1Feb 9, 2014 8:16 PM
Feb 10, 2014 1:48 AM

Sep 2012
WUG movie has dropped which is too bad and v1 is nowhere, very sad. Season needs a buildup to some happy episodes to end it off or else it wil be a failure.

Happy for WCW though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
59 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.