Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 28, 2009 12:25 AM

Use this post to nominate 1 anime song. Read the rules over on the main page and don't forget to upload your track someplace.

Remember: the theme is "Action" for this week.

All nominations will be closed after 10 tracks are nominated or until next Saturday rolls around. After that, we'll proceed to a voting phase. Feel free to discuss your nomination or other people's picks in this thread.

Above all, have fun!
Modified by zzeroparticle, May 9, 2009 2:57 AM
Anime Instrumentality - Anime music news and soundtrack reviews

May 9, 2009 1:42 PM
Song Title: King of Hearts
Anime Title: G Gundam
Composer/Artist: Tanaka Kouhei
Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/0oWU1il/music/isoyXme7/tanaka-kouhei-king-of-heartsmp3/

Unfortunately this song isn't as potent without any visual stimulation. It's awesome seeing Domon's GAR level rise exponentially.

May 9, 2009 9:06 PM

Song title: Final shore~おお,再臨ありやと [Final shore~oo, sairin ariyato | Final shore~lo, the second advent arrives]
Anime title: Turn-A Gundam
Composer: Yoko Kanno [菅野よう子]
Link: here

Yeah, I'm playing the Yoko Kanno card early. It may not be a HOTBLOODED piece of action music, but I think, as a programmatic piece, it captures a whole pitched battle in 5:17, which, really, is pretty good action music to me. Plus choral singing. Mustn't forget the choral singing.

I also guessed at the translation (mostly the ariyato bit), so your guess is as good as mine.

May 9, 2009 11:15 PM

Song Title: TEMA IV
Anime Title: Gunslinger Girl
Composer/Artist: Toshihiko Sahashi
Link: http://www.animeinstrumentality.net/anisongs/28%20-%20TEMA%20IV.mp3

Somehow, I just picture the chase scene associated with this piece and feel the urgency and tension inside.

May 10, 2009 2:14 AM
Song Title: SYNCHRONICITY
Anime Title: Appleseed EX MACHINA
Composer/Artist: Tetsuya Takahashi
Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/xhRjFV/music/bomHcQyC/tetsuya-takahashi-synchronicity/

One of the few OSTs that I actually own on CD. last.fm page also shows that it's quite unknown and so I felt like I should include it here.

May 10, 2009 5:11 AM
Song Title: Confrontation
Game Title: SoulCalibur II/III
Composer/Artist: Nakatsuru Junichi
Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/bAgGKU8/music/e0g38nXU/nakatsuru-junichi-confrontation/

I hope it is not limited to just anime music, for in the realm of games, especially in action and fighting games, there is much to offer. Here is my pick, from the fighting game SoulCalibur II (it also appeared in SC3), Confrontation, speaking of a fierce match within the colosseum between two warriors.

May 10, 2009 10:34 AM

Errr... yeah, Panther, I was hoping to keep this to anime-only for this. Mostly because the VGM community already has their event that can be found here: http://sotw.info/ :P

Besides, I'm sure you can find some Last Exile or PlanetES music that fits the theme.

Also to jukebone: really digging that Appleseed piece. I think this is what OGT was looking for when he suggested heart-pumping music since it really does the trick on my end.
Modified by zzeroparticle, May 10, 2009 10:40 AM

May 13, 2009 1:25 PM

Song Title: harmoNIZE
Anime Title: Soul Eater
Composer/Artist: Iwasaki Taku

Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/uffpOX7/music/VfU7YpIm/iwasaki-taku-0harmonize/

Just really gets the blood pumping in my opinion.

May 15, 2009 2:46 PM

Song Title : M12+13
Anime Title : Kara no Kyoukai "Fukan Fuukei"
Composer/Artist : Yuki Kajiura
Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FY7EYZD4

Action : going from a thrilling and dangerous moment to a scene where the lead character has already retaken her composure and the lead in the fight. This piece express very well how she goes from defensive to offensive. A crescendo is making the transition between the thrilling music and the main theme accompanied with a chorus giving a feeling of growing power in this particular scene. The end though is a little abrupt : fight's over in one move. Yuki Kajiura introduces here one of the main themes of Kara no Kyoukai with a subtle transition which emphasizes on Shiki's power and self-confidence. Not the best track in the various KnK OSTs but a wonderful action-packed piece of music.

Smankh out !
Modified by Smankh, May 15, 2009 3:12 PM

May 15, 2009 10:32 PM

What an interesting idea. By anyone's standards I've probably only just begun to appreciate anime music, though. Here goes:

Title: Kantai Shiki (Fleet Commander)
Anime: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Composer/Artist: Sahashi Toshihiko
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GthkYYd7pnA

A bad show, but they sure didn't pull any punches with the music by any measure. This is one track that was able to put the infamous reused scenes of this show into palatable territory. Quite the feat there, IMHO.

Also, sorry for the bad quality, haven't bothered to register for music hosting yet.

May 15, 2009 11:32 PM

7 tracks makes for a good turnout. I'm going to close the nominations when I wake up in case anyone new comes in and wants to sneak in a track. So assume that once I post the voting thread, all nominations are closed.

Feel free to talk about the tracks though. I'll probably do a quick blurb on each track to give people a chance to read my comments and react to them.

May 17, 2009 6:12 PM
I just remember: in Eva rebuild 01, there's a piece that's played when Shinji shoots his giant pewpew laser at the crystal thing, and Misato is rallying hiim on, saying he's standing on the shoulder's of Japan or something, and the song played during that is really damn great, very actiony.

May 18, 2009 1:18 AM

It's a shame no one mentioned any pieces from Gurren Lagann or Giant Robo. If i knew about the club sooner, i could have done just that.

May 18, 2009 3:11 AM

@Lelangir: you mean Angel of Doom? Wow, that is pretty darn good too. And having that on the cinema experience is ungodly awesome.

@Shiroth: Ack, regretfully The Blue Monday e"r"ectrical parade was one of my shortlisted tracks on the way in.

May 18, 2009 7:10 AM

Shiroth said:
It's a shame no one mentioned any pieces from Gurren Lagann or Giant Robo. If i knew about the club sooner, i could have done just that.

Pretty much yeah. Both would have had good choices.

And thinking of Giant Robo, I would chosen this one. Go Go Warsaw Philharmonic and Masamichi Amano.

Smankh said:
Yuki Kajiura introduces here one of the main themes of Kara no Kyoukai with a subtle transition which emphasizes on Shiki's power and self-confidence. Not the best track in the various KnK OSTs but a wonderful action-packed piece of music.

Smankh out !

I consider this variation of the main theme to be Shiki's battle theme, as throughout the series of movies, whenever Shiki fights, you hear those strings, that chorus, that pulsing beat somewhere in whatever theme that occurs. Those are among my favorite tracks of any of the OSTs, to be honest. P
Modified by TheBigN, May 18, 2009 7:42 AM

Drastic My Anime Blog - My anime blog. :3

May 18, 2009 7:58 AM

Shiroth said:

The good thing is that the action theme will roll around since it's a genre you can't really avoid too much. On my end, I'll probably pick some Blood+ track since Mark Mancina's compositions have been pretty stellar.

Also, Smankh's entry did get me to start on the KnK movies (something I'd been putting off for quite some time), so good things were accomplished through this event \o/

May 18, 2009 8:07 AM

@TheBigN: Well the basic notes are what makes up the most prominent theme in the movie series. We heard it right at the start of the first movie and at the series' most awesome parts like in that battle theme. Lots of it in the 5th movie as well.

oh wow that piece just edged me closer to my GR marathon.

May 18, 2009 10:51 AM

TheBigN said:
Shiroth said:
And thinking of Giant Robo, I would chosen this one. Go Go Warsaw Philharmonic and Masamichi Amano.

It's the first piece that comes to mind when i think of A) Giant Robo and B) action. Still, i would have gone with something from the last episode.

zzeroparticle said:
The good thing is that the action theme will roll around since it's a genre you can't really avoid too much. On my end, I'll probably pick some Blood+ track since Mark Mancina's compositions have been pretty stellar.

There's another score with some good action pieces. Especially my favorite piece, BLOOD+ Grand Theme from the first soundtrack.