Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
 
Aug 26, 2009 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1003
huh?
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
 
Aug 27, 2009 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 113
princesspinkykat said:
crazyanimeaddict said:
Hi ya'll! I was thinking about how I've been reading manga for so long, and I was reflecting on some of my favorites... Then I remembered this one I read and loved! I'm going to describe what I recall and then if you know the title can you tell me? Here goes:

This girl is kind of a witch and her mom taught her how draw circles on the ground to summon devils. (usually just the teensy little bat-like devil appears) One day, she summons the little devil but instead a devil prince appears! She asks him for a favor and (knowing that devils like sweets) offers him cakes and candies she's made as payment. She continues to summon him, offering sweets, and... that's all I remember T_T

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

are you talking about Akuma to Dolce?


Squee! yes that's it!!!! thanks so much-- ur my hero :D

 
Aug 28, 2009 10:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 562
Er, I'm not sure if this belongs to a manga, but I just managed to capture a bit of the panel:


Anyone know the source? :C
 
Aug 30, 2009 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 18
I've been wondering for a while where this is from
thanks in advance
 
Aug 30, 2009 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3726
Lowind said:
I've been wondering for a while where this is from
thanks in advance


From Nurarihyon no Mago its Yuki Onna
 
Aug 31, 2009 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 18
thanks alot man, love ya
 
Sep 2, 2009 8:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 105
I remember reading a synopsis about a girl who's life was filled with hardships. If I remember correctly there was something about drugs and general life problems weighing her down. Anyway she meets a homeless man that intends to redeem her from her life of sorrow. I can't remember if there meeting took place under a bridge. Anyone have any idea on the series title? If not then are their any manga dealing with drugs and the way it inevitable effects a persons life? I'd like some recommendations if at all possible.
 
Sep 3, 2009 4:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 194
While realding Venus Capriccio, I saw this translators' picture.. and I don't know if this is a real manga, and if it really is one I want to know its name. Thank you.


 
Sep 3, 2009 10:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 562
-Akate- said:
While realding Venus Capriccio, I saw this translators' picture.. and I don't know if this is a real manga, and if it really is one I want to know its name. Thank you.


http://myanimelist.net/manga/4329/Bokutachi_wa_Shitte_Shimatta
 
Sep 3, 2009 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 194
Thank you, Liquidize.

 
Sep 3, 2009 7:37 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 9
i posted this in the anime section but now i think that it may be a manga so ill try here...

im trying to figure out who this character is, what i do remember is that the character is a guy in school and always carries a notebook with maps and peoples info because he had some kind of headinjury that caused amnesia, i also dont think its a main character... rings a bell with anyone?

(i read alot of yaoi so thats the best possibility)
 
Sep 4, 2009 6:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 8
Hello, I am looking for manga that is about a guy who uses internet chat(blog) to get help from people on "how to date". That guy has a girl he likes and he wants to go out with her but he doesnt know how to do it. On the blog there are many people and they are rooting for him and in the end they get together. Thank you for help
 
Sep 4, 2009 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3198
lucaspl said:
Hello, I am looking for manga that is about a guy who uses internet chat(blog) to get help from people on "how to date". That guy has a girl he likes and he wants to go out with her but he doesnt know how to do it. On the blog there are many people and they are rooting for him and in the end they get together. Thank you for help

Densha Otoko, or at least a rip-off of it..
 
Sep 4, 2009 10:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 8
Thank you shinkeikaku. This the one I was looking for.
 
Sep 5, 2009 12:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1637
I found this on Y!A, and I too would like to know myself (I have a fetish for megane guys xD)

 
Sep 5, 2009 12:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1820
okay well i have no idea what manga this is, but i vaguely(very vaguely) remember that it was about this demon guy, and he was banished from hell because he's too good, and he has to collect dark matter or something(from the ppl who has gone to hell) and for some reason he has to help them or something, but he keeps on using the dark matter he collected? IDK....it was very vague, and i'm pretty sure(kinda) that it's a manga...and...haha so hard to find T.T plz help!! thanks :)
 
Sep 5, 2009 12:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1820
rijntje said:
Jasonbear said:
Brand said:
The top and bottom one might be Aishiteruze Baby, but it's been a while since I read it. The middle one I am not so sure about.

iMeasy said:
Can someone please help identify these mangas?







Sorry if it's a lot to ask of. >.<
Thanks in advance~

None of them are from Aishiteruze Baby, though I'm pretty curious myself which manga these are from.


I think the middle one is from Moe Kare. Not 100% sure tough, it's been a while since I read it.


that is totally not moe kare i'm 100% sure
 
Sep 5, 2009 12:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1820
Luv_Sebby said:
I don't remember much of this manga,but here it goes..
It had something to do with some little girl who I think is dead she has the lolita hair stye but it's blonde and she comes to this guy for help to I think look for items that used to belong to her. Sometimes it'd show her past about what happened to her or what she's been through.
Oh yeah the guy was some kind of artist or photographer I believe.

I know,not very helpful,but could you try?


i'm not sure but, could it possibly be Cossette No Shouzou?
 
Sep 5, 2009 12:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1623
xdeath_bunnyx said:
okay well i have no idea what manga this is, but i vaguely(very vaguely) remember that it was about this demon guy, and he was banished from hell because he's too good, and he has to collect dark matter or something(from the ppl who has gone to hell) and for some reason he has to help them or something, but he keeps on using the dark matter he collected? IDK....it was very vague, and i'm pretty sure(kinda) that it's a manga...and...haha so hard to find T.T plz help!! thanks :)


While it's not, it sounds a very similar to Nora: The last chronicle of devildom.

Though like I said, it's not.

 
Sep 5, 2009 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20
CharisMagic, that picture looks like something from a Touma Rei manga. Not sure which, she's done several one-shots, but you should be able to find a couple glasses-boys in her works.

xdeath_bunnyx or whoever asked originally, the middle of those three images is from Koe ni Naru, a oneshot by Eban Fumi... may've been released as part of the collected volume Kigi no Yukue. Gwah, took me a while to find that on my hd but I remembered the story of the girl who didn't speak vaguely, so I knew it was there somewhere...
 
Sep 5, 2009 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 40
xdeath_bunnyx said:
okay well i have no idea what manga this is, but i vaguely(very vaguely) remember that it was about this demon guy, and he was banished from hell because he's too good, and he has to collect dark matter or something(from the ppl who has gone to hell) and for some reason he has to help them or something, but he keeps on using the dark matter he collected? IDK....it was very vague, and i'm pretty sure(kinda) that it's a manga...and...haha so hard to find T.T plz help!! thanks :)
Is it Defense Devil
 
Sep 5, 2009 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 40
The manga I'm looking for is about this boy who can see the souls of swords. The boy comes from a family of sword makers and is a master at sharpening swords.

Another manga I cant remember the name of is set in a world where authors set out in adventures and write about them. The world idnt fully discovered yet so their books are really popular as both research and entertainment. The main character is an author and i think he walks around with an umbrella >.>

Thank you for your help :)
 
Sep 5, 2009 11:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1820
Waffles-R-US said:
xdeath_bunnyx said:
okay well i have no idea what manga this is, but i vaguely(very vaguely) remember that it was about this demon guy, and he was banished from hell because he's too good, and he has to collect dark matter or something(from the ppl who has gone to hell) and for some reason he has to help them or something, but he keeps on using the dark matter he collected? IDK....it was very vague, and i'm pretty sure(kinda) that it's a manga...and...haha so hard to find T.T plz help!! thanks :)
Is it Defense Devil


ooo!! yes!! thank you very much!! ^^ :D
 
Sep 6, 2009 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 194
CharisMagic said:
I found this on Y!A, and I too would like to know myself (I have a fetish for megane guys xD)



Hmm.. someone asked for that on Yahoo Answers?
I don't know why I can't see the picture.. (but it doesn't matter, I copied the link).
The boy is from S no Yuiitsu, M no Zettai manga, to be more precise, form the first oneshot (the first chapter). Do'nt remember his name, but it's easy to find out. (reading the chapter :D ). So, lys is right too. I can't guess from the mangaka's drawing styles, I just thought it might be that character. ^^

 
Sep 6, 2009 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1003
xdeath_bunnyx said:
rijntje said:
Jasonbear said:
Brand said:
The top and bottom one might be Aishiteruze Baby, but it's been a while since I read it. The middle one I am not so sure about.

iMeasy said:
Can someone please help identify these mangas?







Sorry if it's a lot to ask of. >.<
Thanks in advance~

None of them are from Aishiteruze Baby, though I'm pretty curious myself which manga these are from.


I think the middle one is from Moe Kare. Not 100% sure tough, it's been a while since I read it.


that is totally not moe kare i'm 100% sure


I 100% agree with death bunny
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
 
Sep 7, 2009 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 281
syaaj said:
xdeath_bunnyx said:
rijntje said:
Jasonbear said:
Brand said:
The top and bottom one might be Aishiteruze Baby, but it's been a while since I read it. The middle one I am not so sure about.

iMeasy said:
Can someone please help identify these mangas?







Sorry if it's a lot to ask of. >.<
Thanks in advance~

None of them are from Aishiteruze Baby, though I'm pretty curious myself which manga these are from.


I think the middle one is from Moe Kare. Not 100% sure tough, it's been a while since I read it.


that is totally not moe kare i'm 100% sure


I 100% agree with death bunny


lolers i know the one in the middle XD

but i forgot the title since it was in japanese (=_=)v

it's a compilation of one shots i think? @_@
and that story is about a girl who can't talk and this guy helping her out. then the girl misunderstood something? o.o a total cliche.

sorry, if it's not that clear. i hope it helps a bit (^_^);v

 
Sep 7, 2009 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20
iMeasy said:
Can someone please help identify these mangas?







Sorry if it's a lot to ask of. >.<
Thanks in advance~


I mentioned it above, but maybe I wasn't clear. The middle of those three images is from "Koe ni Naru," a oneshot by Eban Fumi. It was released as part of the collected volume "Kigi no Yukue."

The others are too generic/context-less to figure out without going through a couple hundred shoujo series and oneshots.
 
Sep 7, 2009 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2113
I'm asking this for a friend :)

''ahh i really need help!!! i wanna find this manga to reread again and i just cant remember nor find the title! itz about a girl totally in love w/ the guy, like a servant for him and everything but then the guy told her to buy him a pair of shoes and something bad happened...the girl ignored him and the guy wants her back "
-a fellow shoujo addict.
 
Sep 8, 2009 7:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20
It doesn't quite match up so I may be wrong... but possibly Skip Beat!? The premise of that series is (just in case not everyone knows by now)
It's an awesome awesome series, so even if it's not the right one I recommend checking it out!! :D
 
Sep 8, 2009 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2113
Oh I think it's not Skip Beat!. She said that it's an oneshot.
I thought that it was Solely S, Absolutely M by Toma Rei but it's a male servant and he only put her shoe on. And he bought her juice in the extra...but I guess it's not that either.
 
Sep 11, 2009 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Can someone help me with this one?

A manga about this poor girl going to an elite school. She takes care of her sibling/s. At school she finds a guy that beat her at school grade rankings. He's known as the king of school along with two other guys. Then to pay for the girls debts he makes her become a maid for his home.
 
Sep 11, 2009 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 562
MoonlightZero said:
Can someone help me with this one?

A manga about this poor girl going to an elite school. She takes care of her sibling/s. At school she finds a guy that beat her at school grade rankings. He's known as the king of school along with two other guys. Then to pay for the girls debts he makes her become a maid for his home.

Maybe it's Bishounen no Oheya? First chapter depicted the events you mentioned.
 
Sep 11, 2009 11:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Liquidize said:
MoonlightZero said:
Can someone help me with this one?

A manga about this poor girl going to an elite school. She takes care of her sibling/s. At school she finds a guy that beat her at school grade rankings. He's known as the king of school along with two other guys. Then to pay for the girls debts he makes her become a maid for his home.

Maybe it's Bishounen no Oheya? First chapter depicted the events you mentioned.


Thank you. I've been misled to many titles for the past hour. (x.x)
 
Sep 12, 2009 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Okay, (x.x) I forgot the title of a manga.The story is about childhood friends and they're also neighbors. The guy has feelings for the girl since the beginning and this girl had another guy asked her out to the festival. She went with him but she finally realized her feeling for her childhood friend and ran. Then finally at the near end they both meet at the bridge. (=.=);;
 
Sep 12, 2009 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1446
MoonlightZero said:
Okay, (x.x) I forgot the title of a manga.The story is about childhood friends and they're also neighbors. The guy has feelings for the girl since the beginning and this girl had another guy asked her out to the festival. She went with him but she finally realized her feeling for her childhood friend and ran. Then finally at the near end they both meet at the bridge. (=.=);;
Generic Romance Plot #4? If someone gets this, my hat's off to them. You might want to expound a little.
 
Sep 12, 2009 9:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4172
MoonlightZero said:
Okay, (x.x) I forgot the title of a manga.The story is about childhood friends and they're also neighbors. The guy has feelings for the girl since the beginning and this girl had another guy asked her out to the festival. She went with him but she finally realized her feeling for her childhood friend and ran. Then finally at the near end they both meet at the bridge. (=.=);;


Could it be After Friends?
 
Sep 12, 2009 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Shadowblade said:
Generic Romance Plot #4? If someone gets this, my hat's off to them. You might want to expound a little.


Well, there's nothing much with the story, it's only a oneshot afterall. :3

the_seventh_l said:

Could it be After Friends?


Thanks! xD
 
Sep 16, 2009 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 598
Does anyone know this manga?
 
Sep 16, 2009 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3198
mikai47 said:
Does anyone know this manga?

Looks like a One Piece doujinshi to me.
 
Sep 17, 2009 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 598
shinkeikaku said:
mikai47 said:
Does anyone know this manga?

Looks like a One Piece doujinshi to me.


Now that you mention it really does! xD~
Maybe it's a OP Doujinshi! Thanks =3
 
Sep 19, 2009 3:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20
It looks like the title(?) is "Yappari Neko ga Suki," if that's any further help.
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 317
Does anyone know what manga this character is from?
 
Sep 19, 2009 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 562
SereneTempest said:
Does anyone know what manga this character is from?

Zombie Hunter, possibly. The artwork looks like it's from a manhwa.
 
Sep 19, 2009 11:10 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 317
Liquidize said:
SereneTempest said:
Does anyone know what manga this character is from?

Zombie Hunter, possibly. The artwork looks like it's from a manhwa.


Thanks.
 
Sep 20, 2009 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 281
Mtwinkle said:
-Akate- said:
I've come back :D
Does someone knows this manga?



Or it isn't? (But I don't tink it's drew by the translators..)


the characters sld be from deathnote if i'm not wrong.. look like Light & L..


there is no way that's gonna be from deathnote.
but i do think it's from a manga, unless those translators are good

 
Sep 21, 2009 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 194
barcode said:

there is no way that's gonna be from deathnote.
but i do think it's from a manga, unless those translators are good


yeah, it isn't. I already got my answer. here. But thank you for trying, anyway. I kind of thought about Deth Note too, but just the charter closer looks a bit, just a bit likeLight. The others too couldn't possibly be.

 
Sep 21, 2009 4:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 70
hey jw is this a manga? thanks
 
Sep 21, 2009 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3198
Burningprince said:
hey jw is this a manga? thanks

http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa
original story doujinshi
 
Sep 23, 2009 5:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
Yo, does anybody have any idea on who the artist is here? Or the manga? Any information would be awesome!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/Shinobiofthehiddenvillage/Henjin/manga.gif
 
Sep 23, 2009 6:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 194
Odd-One said:
Yo, does anybody have any idea on who the artist is here? Or the manga? Any information would be awesome!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/Shinobiofthehiddenvillage/Henjin/manga.gif


Looks a bit like Taranta Ranta.. but I'm not sure if it is.. I read it some time ago, I have to check the girl's winter outfit or something. But still, looks like the author's style.
Modified by cielbleu, Sep 23, 2009 6:11 AM

 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (197) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »