Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2009 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuzuyu's mum had a lot of nerve to come back like that but at the same time I think Kippei should have kept it to himself what he did was unfair to Yuzuyu.

Feb 14, 2010 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
That woman doesn't deserve to have a child.
“It’s not so much that I care about what you’re doing, but the idiotic way you’re doing it.”
Vincent Valentine

Mar 8, 2010 11:05 PM
Jan 2008
OMG wtf doesn't mom knows what matters is staying with the child? GOD some people need to learn how to use birth control and never have a kid until they grow up.
Dec 16, 2011 5:30 PM

Nov 2010
What a pathetic woman. I wouldn't let her have Yuzuyu. She doesn't deserve her.
Feb 22, 2012 6:51 AM

Feb 2010
I think she's a good mother, if she doesn't have the strength to man up and take care of Yuzu it's better to leave her with relatives. Having her "trying" to take care of Yuzu would be a lot worse.
Mar 28, 2012 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
In light of her comments about worrying if she would harm Yuzuyu, I think she is totally doing the right thing. She also said she was saving money to be able to take care of Yuzuyu in the future. It isn't that she wanted to give up Yuzuyu to her family, she just couldn't think of anything else to do to take care of her child.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 21, 2012 12:46 AM

Nov 2011
Oct 10, 2012 3:39 PM

Nov 2009
Feel bad for the Mom, I mean she made the right choice in giving up Yuzu until she can get back on her feet but she does love Yuzu so that probably was an extremely painful choice. And to know that it would make Yuzu sad in doing so must have made it just that much harder for her.
Oct 16, 2012 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
batman3456 said:
OMG wtf doesn't mom knows what matters is staying with the child? GOD some people need to learn how to use birth control and never have a kid until they grow up.

Her husband died, I'm sure they had a plan to support their child.
Mar 22, 2013 4:53 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Painful to watch, to be sure.

I already assumed Yuzuyu's mother ran away because she was scared she would not be able to take care of Yuzuyy from the earlier letter. It seems she had emotional issues already and then when her husband died she went into a deep depression. I've been in that hole several times in my life - I know what it's like trying to climb out.

How Kippei handled himself in his conversation with her was fascinating - he is a contradictory mess of spoiled selfishness and aged wisdom. Interesting move on his part gambling he might catch her leaving on a train and she might catch sight of Yuzuyu.
Mar 22, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
I can understand the mother having issues and feeling like she can't take care of her daughter. I definitely do not want to see a child stay in an abusive household just to remain with the parent. What bothers me is that she doesn't ask for help. I am sure her family would take her in and she would get help and still be able to be with her child. I don't see how being alone will help her. She needs medication and support from loved ones.

Kippei is a contradiction. I like him when he is taking care of Yuzuyu, I do not like him at school.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 11, 2013 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
I didn't get what she meant by ready. Does she mean emotionally ready or financially ready? I don't know if Yuzuyu saw her mother. It looked like she did in the slow motion, but it doesn't look like it after you see her reaction.
Apr 11, 2013 5:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Animatronix said:
I didn't get what she meant by ready.
She is to wrecked from losing her husband and has trouble taking care of herself, never mind a small child. Also, in an earlier episode she admitted to 'hitting' Yuzu, so she's probably afraid of really hurting her.
Apr 11, 2013 6:44 PM

Dec 2007
Oh yeah. I forgot about that part. Thank you for the reminder. I remember Kippei's mom calling her a crybaby.
Apr 25, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2012
Damn what a great episode, this sure was some interesting development! The mom of Yuzuyu just visiting to see how she's doing, and then just leaving without a word...

Well perhaps she just means it all right in the end, I really wonder what's next!
Aug 28, 2014 6:58 PM

Dec 2012
In contrast to the heartwarming episode last time, this one really left a hole in the heart. I won't judge whether or not Miyako is a good mother, but the longer she takes to get her act together, the more painful she's going to make this entire situation. Parting with Kippei aside, Yuzuyu is indeed growing bit by bit. If her mom waits too long, Yuzuyu will really grow up and pass her by.
Sep 14, 2014 4:58 PM

May 2009
an interesting episode i didn't think i would sympathize with her mother but i do a bit
Dec 21, 2014 6:34 PM

Jun 2011
I almost hated this episode, I don't get it, the mom was crazy...-_-
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Feb 23, 2015 9:28 PM

May 2014
pinkarray said:
I almost hated this episode, I don't get it, the mom was crazy...-_-

Yea this episode was an all time low. The mother's motivation to completely and abruptly disappear from her daughter's life because "she was scared" that she hit her daughter ONCE. So, I mean if she admits she's mentally ill then yea, I guess I could believe it, but this reason seems so [bold]weak[/bold]. Not to mention she's trying to make "money" and it never said how except that it showed Kippei's sister in an earlier episode acting surprised when reading that letter.

Vague and weak, dialogue for supporting characters such as Kokoro were also stiff and choppy.

Weak: 3/5
Jul 29, 2015 7:20 PM
Jun 2014
Made me tear up like a lot
Oct 9, 2015 12:34 AM

Oct 2014
Cratex said:
Animatronix said:
I didn't get what she meant by ready.
She is too wrecked from losing her husband and has trouble taking care of herself, never mind a small child. Also, in an earlier episode she admitted to 'hitting' Yuzu, so she's probably afraid of really hurting her.

This. I don't think the mother is at fault here at all :/
But Kippei seriously man wtf ? You take Yuzuyu and dash towards the train for what ?
Let Yuzuyu see her mom or make the mom more sad by making her see Yuzuyu ? The former seems to not be the case as Yuzuyu was startled and confused by Kippei's actions and I can just see the mom crying again ;-; No ... once an adult makes up their mind you are not supposed to do that :/
Also the point of the mother making money seemed weak in my opinion, if money was the case they should have decided by doing a family meeting, well fair enough if the mom does not want to depend on anyone >.>
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 27, 2019 10:03 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
People being harsh on Yuzuyu mom are being ridiculous. It takes a lot to take care of a child and if she's too emotionally unstable and who knows what happened when her husband died, she said she was saving up too. So it probably means after her husband passed they were financially unstable as well. If she thought having Yuzuyu with relatives was a better option then that was the adult way but abandoning her and not telling anyone what was going on was childish. But I can understand it all.

Anyways good plot momentum at the least. And small note that I'm glad Kokoro isn't dumb and doesn't get jealous over girls just talking to Kippei. He's obviously not even interested in it anymore.
Jun 11, 2019 10:01 AM
Apr 2016
Well, now it's clear what happened with Yuzu's mother, she hit her, meaning she's really emotionally unstable. I understand why she left Yuzu.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 1 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 13, 2009

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 13, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 3 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

21 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Mar 4, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 22 Discussion

Alicia3000 - May 10, 2009

21 by Kuruwin »»
Sep 1, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 10 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 15, 2009

29 by Kuruwin »»
Aug 27, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 4 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

37 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.