Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 7, 2009 1:52 PM

Oct 2009
D. Gray-Man, Wolf's Rain, Hellsing, FMA, and Death Note. The only think in any of these that really bothered me was L's voice.

ZinnKid said:
But, unlike most anime fans, I don't "compare" the English dub to the Japanese dub. I find it more enjoyable to watch shows in my own language.
Dec 11, 2009 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
Just started Cardcaptor Sakura yesterday in English and I like those voices better than the japanese voice overs I heard for one episode.Sakuras was off and so was Keroberos and Sakura's brothers friend.
Dec 11, 2009 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Ghost Stories is supposed to be real good, right?
Dec 11, 2009 3:13 PM

Jun 2008
Pandalub said:
No such thing as a good english dub. If it's better than the original voice acting, it means the original was horrible.

:3

Troll harder.
Dec 11, 2009 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
Pandalub said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Pandalub said:
No such thing as a good english dub. If it's better than the original voice acting, it means the original was horrible.

:3

Troll harder.

I wouldn't call other people's opinions trolling.

I would call blatantly ignoring the first post trolling, though.
Dec 11, 2009 4:50 PM
Aug 2009
afro samurai
Dec 11, 2009 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
I liked bleaches dub it wasnt bad but then again i havent watched the dubbed,
Dec 12, 2009 5:37 PM

May 2009
I'm going with all of Miyazaki movies, simply because they actually get professional actors for the voices, Matt Damon voiced the father in Ponyo, he had like two lines, and Billy Bob Thorton did the voice for Jingo or however you spell it, the monk who wants the head of the forest spirit, in Princess Mononoke.

King of Bandits Jing had a dub that was ridiculously better than the Japanese, and Baccano! had a real good dub
Dec 12, 2009 5:42 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not much of a dub person, but they did a pretty awesome job at School Rumble in my opinion.
Dec 12, 2009 9:57 PM

Dec 2008
MashedTater said:
D. Gray-Man, Wolf's Rain, Hellsing, FMA, and Death Note. The only think in any of these that really bothered me was L's voice.

ZinnKid said:
But, unlike most anime fans, I don't "compare" the English dub to the Japanese dub. I find it more enjoyable to watch shows in my own language.

You know Kanda's supposed to be 19 right? Not a 32 year old.
Dec 15, 2009 12:20 AM

Nov 2009
I can say hands down one of the best dubs, that even blows the japanese version out of the water is Beck and Hellsing Ultimate.
Dec 15, 2009 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
animax asia english dubs are good i dont like the us dubs
Dec 15, 2009 4:16 AM

Dec 2009
Fruits Basket. That is a show I actually will only watch in english. I think the english dub is leagues better than the japanese dub.

#1 example from that show: Ayame Soma. The Japanese guy just doesn't have the "ayame passion" that christopher sabat was able to produce. Watching Ayame in English then watching him in Japanese was just a let down.

most other shows I can watch either way. I think some especially good dubs are: Kodocha, Ouran High School Host Club, Code Geass, lucky star, and azumanga daioh.

Also, I think the voices in the Case Closed/Detective Conan dub are excellent, but the script could use some work. But since funimation treats Case Closed like an ugly step child, I doubt the scripts will ever get improved....if they even decide to dub more episodes >.>

ロバートさんはあなたのたましいを食べます。(Robert will eat your soul.)

Dec 15, 2009 4:24 AM

Dec 2009
Does it count when only a single voice actor stands out?

Anyway, other than the forementioned Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing, Big O had outstanding dub. It's even better than the Japanese dub, that was ok
Dec 15, 2009 4:31 AM

Dec 2009
Well, he was just my biggest example. Others would be Yuki being voiced by a girl, even though he is a full grown teenage boy. Toru's voice being annoyingly high (but then again, that's pretty common in a lot of shows).

There are others, but it has been so long since I actually watched the japanese dub of that show, I can't remember.

ロバートさんはあなたのたましいを食べます。(Robert will eat your soul.)

Dec 15, 2009 12:46 PM

Jun 2007
IAmManga said:
I'm going with all of Miyazaki movies, simply because they actually get professional actors for the voices, Matt Damon voiced the father in Ponyo, he had like two lines, and Billy Bob Thorton did the voice for Jingo or however you spell it, the monk who wants the head of the forest spirit, in Princess Mononoke.

King of Bandits Jing had a dub that was ridiculously better than the Japanese, and Baccano! had a real good dub
Just because the standard anime VAs aren't nationally-known celebrity actors, it doesn't mean they're not "professional." If you get paid to act, you are a professional actor as opposed to an amateur one.
Dec 15, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Cowboy Bebop, Champloo, and FMA are the only really good dubs I've come across. FMP and Death Note's were decent too.
Dec 15, 2009 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
Trigun has the best English dub IMO.

Hellsing also has an awesome dub.

Eva, Nadesico, and pretty much anything done by ADV has a good dub. Most of the Gundams had good dubs.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 8 hours ago

19 by SgtBateMan »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 7 hours ago

29 by Taynix »»
9 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 2 hours ago

5 by Akuya »»
13 minutes ago

» Anilist is better ( 1 2 3 4 )

SleepySimoon - Oct 28, 2021

178 by Nurguburu »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by inim »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.