Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Tekkon Kinkreet Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 22, 2015 3:46 AM

What a fantastic movie.

I wish there were more Taiyou Matsumoto adaptations, because both Ping Pong and Tekkon Kinkreet were simply amazing. I really need to read Gogo Monster as soon as possible.

Aug 31, 2015 9:13 AM

Great movie! Extremely powerful and atmospheric. Quite dark and brutal at times.
Mirai, zura~!

Sep 14, 2015 3:30 AM

Digging the art and the music, but a lot is thrown into the plot and in the end it's just too convoluted to be truly appreciable.

Mar 12, 2016 4:19 AM

10/10 absolutely beautiful as expected from the creator of Ping Pong.

Apr 16, 2016 9:25 PM

Can't relate to any of the people who enjoyed it. I don't get bored easily, but this movie just made me doze off, without even getting halfway through it.
2/10

May 17, 2016 11:59 AM

Never really was a big fan of Matsumoto, just unable to appreciate how he approaches psychology in his works, same issue i had with Ping Pong. Here though, the first half was fantastic, but fell away in the 2nd half for me.7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

May 26, 2016 6:51 AM

What kind of anime did I just watched? I never thought animation could be so compelling like other mediums.

Mind Game blew my mind before thanks to Studio 4C, now Tekkon Kinkreet? No way, 4c, you are a deity of animation.
Modified by Joms, May 26, 2016 6:55 AM

Oct 3, 2016 9:20 AM

It was boring and I wasted my bandwidth 1/10

Dec 22, 2016 3:33 PM

It definitly was enjoyable but its more because of the art/animation and the ost because seriously, there was nothing amazing with the characters, i think the only characters i've actually been invested in this are the 2 yakuza that had the more screentime in this.
Also, wasnt a fan of the minotaur part at the end too.

Giving this a 7/10 because like a said, the direction and the OST was amazing and helped to go through the film.

Mar 7, 2017 6:00 PM

I found the first half boring but the second half made up for it. It was an okay movie in the end.

6/10

Apr 9, 2017 8:02 AM

so this was extremely powerful

Apr 19, 2017 3:34 AM

I think it deserved that Oscar because it was great in my point of view maybe because the bond between kuro and Shiro, i felt it. The movie's story and art are both awesome in my view, it shy away from the typical anime style, 9/10 is a bit less for me.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Feb 19, 2018 2:10 PM
What the heck, guys. :D I see a lot of you, hated how the ending was rushed? It wasn't rushed a bit. Minotaur is not a new character. It is a dark side and a demon of Black itself. This anime has so much symbolism, that you need to rewatch this anime lots of times. I'm dissapointed in people, who finds this anime so "simple".
overall is strong 9/10

Apr 7, 2018 11:57 AM

The movie was pretty unusual like that part when White just floats down the roof randomly saying "Be happy", them pretty much flying, and the scary alien men. While there were definitely a lot of symbolism, I think that I still understood it a little after thinking about the movie because they made it literally lol

In a place as shitty as Treasure Town, one can't help but lose their grip on reality without having someone to help in pulling them back in. The parts where Black almost lost White and actually lost him was heartbreaking but the Suzuki+Kimura subplot hit the right spot of feels for me.

White's clairvoyance can be some sort of twisted brother's intuition and I guess Minotaur is Black that went full-psycho. They're perfect for each other.

Apr 8, 2018 4:37 PM
Fantastic movie * ^ * Unlike anything I've seen recently, the art is stunning and I really dig the diversity and the choice for uncanny character designs , it's got lot of personality and the backgrounds are so detailed framing the authenticity of the city. The interactions between characters are pretty great, could've taken a bit more time for portraying Kuro and Shiro's bond in my opinion.

Aug 21, 2018 3:59 AM
Ow! The Fucking Edge left a big fat gash in me, I liked the art style and it had great acting, Not enough levity, I don't know about you, but levity is very important to me when watching a show, if a show is always dark and brooding then it just becomes suffocating, In other words I got another Madoka Magic out of this, overall pretty mediocre, But I liked it enough, Ill probably check out the manga.

Sep 14, 2018 5:43 PM

Amazing setting, story, characters, sound - wow! I really loved the colors used.

Oct 28, 2018 8:22 AM

I had no clue that Blacks inner demons thing was supposed to be the Minotaur till I seen people mentioning it in the forums. Probably would've enjoyed that scene a lot more if I associated the kid who came out of nowhere with super powers wearing a Halloween costume as a Minotaur but I guess not. Pretty disappointing movie to be honest, I thought the Yakuza scenes were mainly really well done and enjoyable but that's about it.

Jun 2, 2019 2:05 PM

I like how "Kuro's" shirt said Black on the front and Kuro on the back ^^

Story was well executed.
Interesting way of showing the inner demons that Black (Kuro) had and the optimistic / always looking for a positive outcome from White (Shiro)
The animation / art style was really unique, really did the movie justice.

Nov 16, 2019 11:30 PM

Trippie I thought for a second that Kuro did not even existed and was all in Shiro's mind.

Nov 18, 2019 5:07 AM

I didn't expect ending would be like this. I thought they would beat those muscle guys after coming together. You know, brotherhood or friendship or something like that.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]