Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 21, 2009 6:57 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so begins the long dragged out fights of the 4 pillars. I lulz at Hisagi and Kira's dialogue during the preview. It's time for Hisagi to shine and finally show his zanpakto.
Apr 21, 2009 7:03 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
And so begins the long dragged out fights of the 4 pillars. I lulz at Hisagi and Kira's dialogue during the preview. It's time for Hisagi to shine and finally show his zanpakto.
...dragged out is being very, very conservative with the term. These fights hopefully will not take forever, but for some reason I doubt it'll work out that way. At least we get Hisagi's zanpakto showing up, and Yumichika's fight which is pure hilarity.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 21, 2009 7:04 PM

Feb 2008
Nothing happened in that episode! What a waste.

p.s Charlotte was hawt, lol
Apr 21, 2009 7:06 PM

Jan 2008
2 episodes and it's still only in the build-up phase... I think it's looking pretty interesting though. Beats the fillers by a long shot.

But I should have figured that they couldn't go many episodes without characters like Ugly Coolhorns to fill in for Pesche and Dondoshakka.

Apr 21, 2009 7:41 PM

Apr 2008
Finally no more of that horrible cell shading they tried doing in last episode.... thank goodness
Apr 21, 2009 7:58 PM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed the last 5 minutes and that was it. They actually spend 5 minutes to recap the last ep when essentially nothing happened in that ep. They have a real pacing problem with this show. But again, the last 5 minutes were really good.
Apr 21, 2009 8:10 PM

Apr 2008
Quanta said:
I enjoyed the last 5 minutes and that was it. They actually spend 5 minutes to recap the last ep when essentially nothing happened in that ep. They have a real pacing problem with this show. But again, the last 5 minutes were really good.

or we can complain all we want and find out that essentially in comparison to the manga the anime can be caught up in 5 episodes if they stretch to that ....

i mean recaps are not much to complain about esp for those who watch anime on a weekly basis that watch more than one specific anime per week...

if you want to talk about bad pacing find a post about fillers because imo this episode did a pretty good job
Apr 21, 2009 8:38 PM

Jan 2009
Bakayaro said:
Wasabi said:
...dragged out is being very, very conservative with the term. These fights hopefully will not take forever, but for some reason I doubt it'll work out that way. At least we get Hisagi's zanpakto showing up, and Yumichika's fight which is pure hilarity.

I second this, but I guess we shouldn't expect much because of the past 2 fillers :P. It's not like they would go through the final showdowns of the war without showing the battles -_-. I thought Soi-Fon looked pretty cool in the episode though <3.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Apr 21, 2009 8:48 PM

Apr 2009
Hmmm I was hoping this episode would move things along a bit more but then again theres really not much left until it would catch up with the manga so I cant complain.
Apr 21, 2009 8:54 PM

Jan 2009
5hRreDDy said:
Nothing happened in that episode! What a waste.

I know! a complete waste of time. the pacing is driving me crazy.

And I really wanted someone to punch oomaeda in the face and get him to shut up.
Apr 21, 2009 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
Personally I thought the pillar battles were pretty good so I'm looking forward to seeing them animated.

The what I'm more looking forward to is
Apr 21, 2009 9:05 PM

Oct 2007
It was great. It was hilarious XD

"screaming game"

Hisagi finally getting his moment.

The shinigami cup was funny
Apr 21, 2009 9:15 PM
Apr 2009
Was pretty... slow, wondering how they are gonna show all those fight at once? Was ok though, was hilarious when Renji gave Byakuya those stylin shades! "No thank you." HA!
Apr 21, 2009 9:28 PM
Mar 2009
5hRreDDy said:
Nothing happened in that episode! What a waste.l

At least we don't have to hear BitchHime utter "Kurosaki-kun" every 10 seconds for the next few episodes
Apr 21, 2009 9:44 PM

Feb 2009
PsychFreak said:
5hRreDDy said:
Nothing happened in that episode! What a waste.l

At least we don't have to hear BitchHime utter "Kurosaki-kun" every 10 seconds for the next few episodes

^ Strongly agree on this point

The episode was another build-up episode, but it really does beat all the unrelated fillers. I found the recapping of the previous episode so stupid, I laughed... seriously nothing in terms of plot happened in the last episode. But anyways once it jets to the main plot, I think it will become much better to watch.
Apr 21, 2009 10:13 PM

Oct 2007
boring episode

anyone knows what number the guy on the bone-chair is`?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2009 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
Peralisc said:
boring episode

anyone knows what number the guy on the bone-chair is`?

I'm guessing he's #1 since he is in charge for the time being

yep, really slow episode and this is going to really gonna et dragged out
Apr 21, 2009 10:23 PM

Jul 2008
Spoiler for Bone Chair Dude(Barragan)'s Power Level(Rank)

BakayaroApr 21, 2009 10:27 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 21, 2009 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
hisagi was the only one not to show his power during the beginning here, must be trying to show off saying he doesn't need to release to beat them; also those bits with madarame and the whole god thing, and awasagawa and the dandy arrancar were frickin' hilarious!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 21, 2009 11:42 PM

Aug 2008
I think the fair name of this episode would be20 min of greetings.

Glasses were funny as hell
spineslayerApr 21, 2009 11:47 PM
Apr 21, 2009 11:45 PM

Sep 2008
the only thig i really liked is madarame being confused about whom to pray to
this end introductions and next chapter battles begins
but i want to watch first the ihcigo vs ulkiora....thats gonna be cool
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 21, 2009 11:50 PM

Aug 2008
Somebody said:
Personally I thought the pillar battles were pretty good so I'm looking forward to seeing them animated.

The what I'm more looking forward to is

Dude don't discuss the magna in here. Even though you put spoiler...you should only discuss the anime!
Apr 21, 2009 11:56 PM

Aug 2008
The "Whom to pray to" was funny!

And then...20mins of nothing. Two episodes already waisted for the build-up of the "Big Battle" and now we have to do the pillars and THEN the big-battle. I wonder how much more talking there going to do in bleach before they fight?
Apr 22, 2009 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
i felt like i fastfowarded the first 10 minutes. i hate when bleach does that, but with the stuff that they put in i enjoyed. also i don't think it was necessary to have five minutes of that shithead flipping out about the pillars. if i was any of those captains/vc's there, i would have killed him on the spot.
Apr 22, 2009 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
Pretty good episode. Not much happen though.

Fatentity said:
The "Whom to pray to" was funny!

And then...20mins of nothing. Two episodes already waisted for the build-up of the "Big Battle" and now we have to do the pillars and THEN the big-battle. I wonder how much more talking there going to do in bleach before they fight?

Next episode start the fight for the 4 pillars.

Apr 22, 2009 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
lol!what a great introduction of characters! LMAO
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 22, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
what a waste x(
Apr 22, 2009 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
Bleach's terrible pacing is a result of Kubo's writing, It takes 3-4 chapters for one event to finish. Her pacing is absolutely terrible and because of this it really ties the anime producer's/writer's/director's hands and results in fillers that don't fit, long drawn out filler arcs like the bount and new 3rd captain arcs, and recaps of the previous episode that last 10 minutes of a 24 minute episode.
Apr 22, 2009 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
Meh episode, but I guess I can't expect too much from these fights, since the manga itself (from this arc) is pretty boring as well.
Apr 22, 2009 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
The part where the Soifon's Vice Captain, Omaeda, kept going on and on about the 4 pillars was the worst part of the episode for me. At first it wasn't so bad, but as the episode kept on showing Omaeda's hysterical reactions to the 4 pillars being destroyed, about Karakura Town coming back to the real world, etc, it became a little repetitive for my liking.

When the 4 Shinigamis came in to protect the 4 pillars, the feeling of the episode was good. Then, immediately after that, the part where Omaeda reacted to the rest of them on eating rice cakes and not paying attention was fail for me. The comedy in this part of the episode was not funny for me and spoilt the pacing of the episode for me.

Other than that, I liked most of the rest of the episode. Nice match ups between the 4 shinigamis and the 4 fraccion, especially the battle between Ayasegawa and Charlotte. In some way, I think the both of them really suit each other, as feminine men who both love beauty; except for the fact that one's a "pretty" feminine guy and the other is an ugly feminine guy.
Apr 22, 2009 4:30 AM

Nov 2007
Most retarded episode EVER. This time I was actually glad that the OP + recap took up six minutes.
Apr 22, 2009 5:05 AM

Oct 2008
Aside from the extremely long and boring recap, this episode was good!
I love the stupid moments, those were class.

Poor Ōmaeda,
I wonder if Soifon told Ōmaeda or not!

Ikkaku thinking who to pray to!
What an awesome way to start!

Yumichika getting bitch-slapped by Charlotte Cuuhlhourne was also brilliant!
What a pair to be fighting
lol

Avirama ritual too!!
Poor Kira!

Gotta admit though, Renji and the glasses were epic!
Best part of the episode
Apr 22, 2009 5:25 AM

Oct 2007
so the build up to the 4 pillar fights which dragged on at times but still good episode!
But so funny with Renji and the glasses XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2009 5:59 AM

Dec 2007
Staring contest ^_^''. Again...

Apr 22, 2009 6:00 AM

Jan 2008
I loved Soi Fon in this ep :)

And btw - I wonder why does everyone have to fight with someone similar?
In some way it seems they're fighting with their own clones or something.
Is Hueco Mundo a parallel universe to Soul Society?
Apr 22, 2009 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
Mady said:
I loved Soi Fon in this ep :)

And btw - I wonder why does everyone have to fight with someone similar?
In some way it seems they're fighting with their own clones or something.
Is Hueco Mundo a parallel universe to Soul Society?

Yes, you've figured it out, you've won the whole damn game, you can stop watching the show now. :p
Apr 22, 2009 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
spineslayer said:
I think the fair name of this episode would be20 min of greetings.

Glasses were funny as hell

LOL!!! I want to see byakuya wearing those.. XD

yumichika's face is <3 LOL!! love him.. X3
his fight is totally hilarious.. LOL!!
kira+emo face.. haha,,.. totally agree.. XD
and hisagi's zanpakto to be revealed, can't wait..
... =_=

Apr 22, 2009 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
I also laughed at the emo face comment. I have thought that for a long time, thanks to his hair.

Apr 22, 2009 8:35 AM

Aug 2008
Bakayaro said:
Wasabi said:

Can't wait to see Hisagi in action. Konishi Katsuyuki <3

Nymphetamine2791 said:
I thought Soi-Fon looked pretty cool in the episode though <3.

Soifon love. That Ōmaeda fella is a complete idiot. "Maybe I didn't tell him". Cute.

It was a bit naff that they did the 5 minute re-cap of what happened last episode, when practically nothing happened last episode. As people are saying.

I felt like Ichigo did when he said he was surprised Ulquiorra drew his sword already. Guess we'll have a little wait to see them go at it.

I loved Yumichika's facial expressions. I totally knew as soon as I saw that Charlotte fella that he'd be calling him ugly. And it was still funny as. xD. Can't wait to see the four lieutenants in action.

WolfWood37 said:
Bleach's terrible pacing is a result of Kubo's writing, It takes 3-4 chapters for one event to finish. Her His pacing is absolutely terrible and because of this it really ties the anime producer's/writer's/director's hands and results in fillers that don't fit, long drawn out filler arcs like the bount and new 3rd captain arcs, and recaps of the previous episode that last 10 minutes of a 24 minute episode.

Fixed.

http://myanimelist.net/people/1880/Kubo_Tite
KirkyApr 22, 2009 8:40 AM
Apr 22, 2009 8:52 AM

Jul 2008
this bout to be a long fight but its worth it cause i get to see hisagi zanpaktou.
Apr 22, 2009 10:43 AM
Oct 2008
Me and my friends did some small calculations. Assume that every fight will take 5 episodes. We have 4 fights by the pillars, 2 fights in Hueco mundo (or more?), about 10 fights between the Shinigami and Aizens subordinates + that the Vizard probably will come in after a while vs before mentioned. And after that Aizen, Tousen and Gin has too get some fighting too. Throw in a couple of fillerepisodes and voila, we've passed 120 episodes :P 1 episode per week...hmmm, soo, see ya in 2 years?
Apr 22, 2009 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
Slooooooooooooooooooooow
Apr 22, 2009 11:58 AM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry, this was in no way better than the two filler episodes that just finished. The comedy was better, pacing was better, dialogue was better. Hopefully people will stfu and start fighting, though I know in reality it won't happen.
Apr 22, 2009 12:29 PM

Sep 2008
This episode kinda annoyed me :/

Apr 22, 2009 12:33 PM

Jul 2008
lol Kira = emo lolz XD
looks like these four 4 fights will take a while <_<
Apr 22, 2009 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
Somehow, I think that the four pillars fights are going to be veeeeeeeerrrryyyyyy looong! The anime is clearly running out of story, and plunging itself back into fillers would do it no good.

I guess that this was to be expected, but I also think it's no exactly the anime's fault for having big fillers every now and again and long, dragged out greeting scenes (even if they're funny), since the manga itself doesn't cover as much as it should in 17 pages weekly. Tite Kubo's style of drawing is one of those in which they need a whole page to have a clash between a Shinigami and an Arrancar, which is obviously not very useful for the story (nor the anime) and is very nearly just a waste of time, so I think that the anime will continue being slow, with some fillers until the manga finishes, which I expect will happen in the near future (2-3 years :( )

My Claims:
Apr 22, 2009 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
All the Arankas have arrogance in excess!
But now that begin the battles!!!
Apr 22, 2009 7:02 PM

Apr 2009
meh... is all I have to say about the episode...

At least we are back to the main arc story right?

I hope next episode is much better.
Apr 22, 2009 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
Jesus, the ep sucked. Nothing, I mean NOTHING happened. Eps like this are worse than filler.
Apr 23, 2009 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
I really hope some arrancar win. This constant sweeping from the good guys is getting a little lame.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 85 Discussion

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

26 by 91vulnicura »»
Apr 10, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 286 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dizzee - Aug 31, 2010

114 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.