Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nov 27, 2007 11:25 AM

I can't figure out what happened: The first time Ed travels to the real/material world and possesses the body of the "material" Ed, then what happened to the "soul" of the Ed from this world? Anyone?

May 19, 2008 9:03 AM

I think what happened (as I'm far from an expert) was that they were sharing the body. If you remember, in one scene where he's following his father as the Zeppelin's are bombing London Ed can hear a voice asking what's going on, as if Ed is hearing another version of himself freaking out. After that, Ed kinda realized what was going on.

After that, I'm sure the other soul passed on when "this world's" Ed died in the wreckage.

Just a guess, though.

I don't have a good one because I don't photoshop :(

Jun 16, 2008 3:18 AM

I agree, I think poor German Ed gets sort of dislocated. Whether he's conscious of the whole time or not, I'm not sure, but he must be shifted to that back of the mind of something.

That's gotta be scary - then he gets blown up. Poor kid.

Aug 13, 2008 5:20 PM

razz said:
I think what happened (as I'm far from an expert) was that they were sharing the body. If you remember, in one scene where he's following his father as the Zeppelin's are bombing London Ed can hear a voice asking what's going on, as if Ed is hearing another version of himself freaking out. After that, Ed kinda realized what was going on.

I definitely agree with this post - it's what I was thinking while watching the episode.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-

Aug 13, 2008 5:27 PM

I don't think those who planned the anime thought much about it, or they just didn't have the time of episodes to explain it and go throught another of ed's "Oh, God, I think I killed someone"-traumas. And that wasn't an insult to the shrimp, it was a statement fom my point of view! *nod*

"One day, we'll set out to sea! And live our lives the way we want!!" - Ace to Luffy, both chasers of dreams

Aug 13, 2008 6:54 PM
I think it's locked up in the gate.