Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2009 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I only noticed this till now! but the sounds are cool! specially the background music.
and the "please give me the salt" guy makes me laugh lol!
time travel! let's see where this adventure go on :)
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 20, 2009 2:52 AM

Mar 2008
ni
Apr 20, 2009 10:26 AM

Sep 2008
karmarei said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I only noticed this till now! but the sounds are cool! specially the background music.
time travel! let's see where this adventure go on :)

Yea, I for one like the intro song too.. It reminds me of the good 'ol animes back in the early 80's.. good 'ol times and that goes for the animation too.. A lot of people complain about it, I know it ain't the best but I was one of the many people that liked the animes back in the day and this just makes me reminisce more.

It was an alright episode, we get to know more about Arashi again. I wonder who that boy is that she saved and what effect it could have in the future/their present time.
yunadestinedApr 20, 2009 10:44 AM
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 20, 2009 7:05 PM

Jan 2009
Episode good. A little shocked at bombings. What I liked: Hajime and Arashiyama on the bike. Sayaka and Hajime arguing...LOL. Hajime showing Arashiyama the town changes. The arcades and plushie machine, that was a good gag about them as well as the exaggerations. So many anyways in Tokyo. Murata's being angry at phone ringing, so he put in fridge... LOL so much, almost fell of chair. TIME TRAVEL! It was good and more interesting this time. Also more dangerous because was during war and bombs falling was very dangerous. (I still talk with some survivors about the b-25 Mitchell incident.)
I liked that Arashi warned Murata-san and saved Sankichi from bombs but me still CONFUSED about why and what roles they play in all this???? Why save them?
What I did not like:
-The guys who were trying have Arashiyama go with them. I think Arashiyama is Hajime's girl only.
-Hajime's doubts about Arashiyama. He should trust her more.
-I never liked war much so the bombs falling made me O_O ....good thing nothing bad happened to Arashiyama and Hajime.

This was a nice part gag about the plushie machines. Me liked a lot.

This made LOL a lot and a lot.

O_O Boo! This sucks! Boo! Boo! Hidoi! (Terrible).
japanme32Apr 25, 2009 9:00 AM
Apr 20, 2009 10:13 PM

Apr 2009
japanme32 said:
Episode good. A little shocked at bombings. What I liked: Hajime and Arashiyama on the bike. Sayaka and Hajime arguing...LOL. Hajime showing Arashiyama the town changes. The arcades and plushie machine, that was a good gag about them as well as the exaggerations. So many anyways in Tokyo. Murata's being angry at phone ringing, so he put in fridge... LOL so much, almost fell of chair. TIME TRAVEL! It was good and more interesting this time. Also more dangerous because was during war and bombs falling was very dangerous. (I still talk with some survivors about the b-25 Mitchell incident.)
I liked that Arashi warned Murata-san and saved Sakichi from bombs but me still CONFUSED about why and what roles they play in all this???? Why save them?
What I did not like:
-The guys who were trying have Arashiyama go with them. I think Arashiyama is Hajime's girl only.
-Hajime's doubts about Arashiyama. He should trust her more.
-I never liked war much so the bombs falling made me O_O ....good thing nothing bad happened to Arashiyama and Hajime.

This was a nice part gag about the plushie machines. Me liked a lot.

This made LOL a lot and a lot.

O_O Boo! This sucks! Boo! Boo! Hidoi! (Terrible).

yeah the plushie gag was funny lol
Apr 21, 2009 4:50 PM

Jul 2008
will someone give that guy his salt!? hes been waiting since episode 1; and that detective guy keeps getting sked the same question, you'd think the other guy would take the hint; so why did arashi decide to save those two anyways? doesn't that screw up the timel ine or something?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 21, 2009 5:48 PM

Apr 2009
kage-bunshin said:
will someone give that guy his salt!? hes been waiting since episode 1; and that detective guy keeps getting sked the same question, you'd think the other guy would take the hint; so why did arashi decide to save those two anyways? doesn't that screw up the timel ine or something?

yeah its like what for her if the two died right???
Apr 22, 2009 12:00 AM
Aug 2008
Ohh, I love the OP song, it's really catchy O<>O

Did anyone notice Zera from Litchi Hikari Club in the end part *where Yayoi + Kanako are talking*? :'D
Apr 22, 2009 2:57 PM
Dec 2007
This series really grows on me, the script is better than what I expected and the characters are great on top of it being really funny. And the direction by Oonuma/Shinbou is just si creative, I truly like this series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 22, 2009 6:55 PM

Sep 2007
Pewdie said:
ni
wtf?

Well, this episode was pretty interesting, considering it actually had a plot.

The plushie machine made me lol, especially the guy and girl in the foreground.

And someone give that guy his d*mn salt. XD

Apr 22, 2009 7:39 PM

Feb 2008
wouldn't mind being used by her too....haha but he a kid. didn't even occur to him to ask questions.

btw i noticed the rather eccentric use of geometric shapes in lighting and various designs. the lighting were all some form of rectangle and very distinct.
Apr 22, 2009 7:51 PM

Jan 2009
MiKu214 said:
Pewdie said:
ni
wtf?

Well, this episode was pretty interesting, considering it actually had a plot.

The plushie machine made me lol, especially the guy and girl in the foreground.

And someone give that guy his d*mn salt. XD

not notice this. Good one!
Apr 23, 2009 4:20 AM
Feb 2008
Interesting episode , the part with the machine was funny ,I wonder how many times did she try until she got one of those things ^^
Anyway It's nice that we got to see more about Arashi's past lets hope for more .
Apr 23, 2009 5:37 AM

Jul 2008
loved it, another funny episode this show is under-rated.
Apr 23, 2009 1:57 PM

May 2008
Well after watching 3 episodes I decided to drop it, I just don't find it it interesting
Apr 23, 2009 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
I lol'd when I saw the fusion people; reminded my of Zetsubou. Arashi's face expressions were cute when losing the crane game, although it was odd when her face morphed back...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2009 6:07 AM

Jul 2008
The whole plushie scene just went on way too long. I didn't like it. Arashi going back to save that dad and son is kind of interesting though. I wonder how she knows them and I wonder if in this series they're going to apply the butterfly effect. Doubtful, which is going to get on my nerves because doing something as big as saving two peoples lives is going to drastically affect the future.
Apr 24, 2009 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
Overall, it was ok, the show does much better with comedy (arcade scene) than it does with drama (WWII scene). It was just a bad transition, and too fast, and badly edited that I just wanted it to be over as fast as possible. Shaft's rapid fire cuts just don't really work with something that needs to go a little slower like drama. Hopefully it won't try to keep this maudlin tone for the rest of the run.
Apr 24, 2009 4:31 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I like this show... ! When I saw episode 1 I was planning on dropping this after 2 more episodes but after I saw 2 and 3 I thought it was cute! I'm staying on this show! Well, I think it's good. I actually think the romance of it is kind of cute.
Apr 25, 2009 12:10 AM

Jul 2008
that time travel was intersting. maybe they were in some relation with arashi. arshi losing to arcade was funny though.
shio kudasai xD

Apr 25, 2009 1:12 AM

Sep 2007
kage-bunshin said:
why did arashi decide to save those two anyways? doesn't that screw up the timel ine or something?

Not with the single-timeline-theory. She went back to 1954 to save them, because in 1954 she came from the future to save them already. She already saved them, it's an action of the past, even though it's her (and Hajime's) present at that point. Whatever Happened, Happened. :p

It's as if someone would come from the future to save you. If that future arrives and that person travels back in time to save you, it doesn't change the timeline because it already happened.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm the master of the Time/Spade-continuum and everyone who writes it with a "c" is wrong by default. Don't even dare talking about "Space", because space is too dangerous to be talked about. It's big and cold and it's expanding like hell, that so of a... but the Zetsubou-fans know what I mean.

Now to say something sompletely unrelated for once:
Pass the man some salt, please.
Apr 25, 2009 5:20 AM

Sep 2008
i am really starting to enjoy this series. I like the op song, the characters are interesting, it has some quite funny comedy (salt guy ftw aswell as weird guy on phone), the plot seems really interesting aswell. It was quite a strange change going from a happy day to going back in time to WW2. I really want to know more about her past now.
Apr 25, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
Spade said:
kage-bunshin said:
why did arashi decide to save those two anyways? doesn't that screw up the timel ine or something?

Not with the single-timeline-theory. She went back to 1954 to save them, because in 1954 she came from the future to save them already. She already saved them, it's an action of the past, even though it's her (and Hajime's) present at that point. Whatever Happened, Happened. :p

It's as if someone would come from the future to save you. If that future arrives and that person travels back in time to save you, it doesn't change the timeline because it already happened.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm the master of the Time/Spade-continuum and everyone who writes it with a "c" is wrong by default. Don't even dare talking about "Space", because space is too dangerous to be talked about. It's big and cold and it's expanding like hell, that so of a... but the Zetsubou-fans know what I mean.

Now to say something sompletely unrelated for once:
Pass the man some salt, please.

Still thinking that, main reason for Arashiyama to do this is to save herself from bad luck. Still do not understand if those two have anything to do with Arashiyama's family?

Saw again and still have problem with role of Murata with his relation to Arashiyama. All am thinking is that it has something to do with saving herself from a string of bad luck with events like one who happened to Murata.
japanme32Apr 26, 2009 9:00 PM
Apr 25, 2009 4:33 PM

Jul 2008
karmarei said:
kage-bunshin said:

I tough it was plain clear that she is connected to them, it may even be someone from her familly either she isn't born yet and only heard about them being killed or if she was way younger and only remember them being killed.
It was easy to guess when she knew their name and when she asked if the guy didn't cried, like if she knew he would be crying because she know him.

Something tell me that she is either linked to the bombing and regret it or she just want to save the people she knew and loved who died because of the second world war.
Apr 25, 2009 5:12 PM

Jan 2009
maxime1007 said:
karmarei said:
kage-bunshin said:

I tough it was plain clear that she is connected to them, it may even be someone from her familly either she isn't born yet and only heard about them being killed or if she was way younger and only remember them being killed.
It was easy to guess when she knew their name and when she asked if the guy didn't cried, like if she knew he would be crying because she know him.

Something tell me that she is either linked to the bombing and regret it or she just want to save the people she knew and loved who died because of the second world war.

Was thinking along the same things but it has yet to be shown in this series. So looking for the explanations still.
Apr 26, 2009 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
arcade gag FTW <3
Apr 26, 2009 7:56 PM

May 2007
This episode was very funny but got too serious, seriously this show is a comedy then we have that dark scene. Totally didn't fit.
My anime list
Apr 27, 2009 12:36 AM

Jul 2008
>.> WTH. didn't expect a bombing there.

Apr 27, 2009 7:07 AM

Jul 2007
Epic arcade battle~! It's scenes like that which make this series so silly and fun and easy to relate to. For a supernatural comedy romance sort of show, this does plain old slice of life shockingly well.

Much love for Jun~ more Jun please.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 27, 2009 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
Loved the Gunsou lines during the UFO catcher. I totally missed the fusion pose people in the crowd. Lots of background things are getting by me with this series. Seems interesting enough to stick with. It has comedy and some drama, which I hope is fleshed out more.
Apr 28, 2009 10:46 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
These two are a great couple. Very good episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 28, 2009 10:46 AM

Feb 2008
So we're getting serious? This is very interesting.
I also liked the funny parts.

BTW:
I love the preview artwork by Kaishaku
Apr 28, 2009 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty good episode... now can I get some damn salt!
Apr 30, 2009 6:27 PM
May 2008
Another enjoyable episode and rather funny... and there was some character development so that's nice. I still don't see why people dislike this show it is very enjoyable.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 1, 2009 4:07 PM

Jul 2008
cyruz said:
These two are a great couple. Very good episode.

yeah i like this episode^^ the comedy is nice to watch^^
May 3, 2009 5:16 AM

Jun 2008
Soulstrider said:
Well after watching 3 episodes I decided to drop it, I just don't find it it interesting

That's pretty much how i feel about it.
May 9, 2009 2:18 AM

Oct 2007
MiKu214 said:

FUUUU-SION HAAAAH

I rofled hard ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
May 16, 2009 4:27 PM

Sep 2008
Starting to enjoi the series abit. &Interesting ED.
Jun 8, 2009 3:29 AM

May 2008
Jun 18, 2009 7:40 AM

Jan 2008
Someone get the guy his damn salt. Wonder why Arashi went back to save those two anyway.
Jun 19, 2009 6:50 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode...but I have to confess I was more focused on figuring out the songs playing in the background during the scene in the cafe. The one I recognized was "Hitonatsu no Keiken", an old Yamaguchi Momoe tune, covered by Shiraishi (according to the end credits).
Aug 9, 2009 9:48 PM

May 2008
Interesting.
Oct 24, 2009 1:53 AM

Jul 2009
The Salt guy still there XD
Oct 24, 2009 1:54 AM

Apr 2007
get used to it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2009 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
Was confused by the "time parodox" event in this as it kinda clashes with the single time line from the first episode but it'll probably get explain later.

I'd prefer the background music to the OP/ED in Natsu no Arashi as I pretty much skip them all the time.
Nov 18, 2009 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
Gotta love the claw machine scene and even the people apparently dancing in the shadows, more time traveling wonder when they'll introduce the other characters we met in the first episode.

Jan 5, 2010 11:11 AM

Dec 2007
AzureWitch said:

What does he even need salt for anyways lol? It's a cafe. You either drink or eat sweet stuff. Salt in drinks and sweets?
May 1, 2010 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
We see for the first time some drama in this anime.
May 19, 2010 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
please give me the salt rofl
and the end of this episode was great, i nearly cried ._.
i laughed a lot at the phone call, 8D
Nov 18, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2011
good episode wonder who that kid she saved was i wonder if this could possible like the movie butterfly effect.

anyways the OP and ED are really catchy :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rabids0ap - Jun 28, 2009

53 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 21, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 25, 2009

53 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 20, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 4 Discussion

yunadestined - Apr 26, 2009

44 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 18, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nek0 - Apr 5, 2009

124 by Ronninn »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:09 AM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 12 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 21, 2009

26 by FMmatron »»
May 30, 2022 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.