Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2007 6:39 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS A MANGA-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A moment of shock and all the world's opportunities have passed by.

Whew. What an intense chapter! I think the King's reaction was the one thing most fans weren't expecting to happen, especially because there hasn't really been too much characterization leading up to that moment. Granted, yes, he has shown some form of sympathy? compassion? towards Komugi, but wow. A large leap.

And that line, "fix Komugi," that was perfect. It shows how much of a child Meruem still is.
AriSkyNov 26, 2007 7:53 PM
Nov 27, 2007 11:37 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, great chapter, the over-narration is still bugging me a bit, but this chapter had some actual flow to it, we made a good deal more progress, and it looks like the fight between the king and the old guy allstar team will be beginning soon. This chapter only really leaves one question... Where are Gon and Killua? It's a bit odd that they didnt show them at all, despite showing both groups in this chapter. Perhaps they're headed towards Pitou..
Jun 3, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2009
It was a shocking moment, sure. But, it wasn't a huge leap at all. Again, remember how he saved her from the Eagle? It's been fairly subtle but it's been pretty clear that he has been growing to care for this girl in some wa, romantic or not I don't know. In any event, I think doing it like this was for the best. It kind of shocked the reader as much, if maybe just a little less, than Netero and Zeno who had no idea of his changes.

Interesting thing to note is that there was no narration regarding Pitou's tears in the anime. I think I prefer that, as that specific part was more powerful in the anime imo. Otherwise, I like the scene pretty much equally between the two versions.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 19, 2016 6:43 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Is it just me or did the kind of narration change over the last few chapters? Out of nowhere now seems to be a designated narrator, who is telling the story from a distant perspective. In the earlier chapters this didn't struck me at all. But it feels kind of out of place. In the retrospective chapter on Neteros training it was suiting, because the events already did happen in the past. But the narration of present events like this feels kind of... weird.

In addition to that the spread double-pages seem to increase. If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the manga there were spread pages every 5 chapters or so. Now we have more than 2 spread page each chapter.

Both these topics may be a result of change of time because readers want different story telling nowadays. Or they are related to the frequently pauses in the serielization.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Oct 3, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2010
This is probably one of my all time favourite chapters. I just love how Netero and Zeno expected a monster but instead are faced with The King caring for a wounded human. And Zeno is the one that wounded her as well. It really fits with the development of The King's character but also the overall theme of humanity in the arc.

I would say it's not really shocking at all for the reader, but it is for the characters. But I can understand the older commentators on here not really seeing it. I don't remember my first reaction, but I probably didn't even remember who Komugi...
Aug 3, 2022 7:14 AM

Nov 2020
what a beautiful chapter
i loved their interaction and how netero and zeno second guessed themselves
and king's expression...just wow

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.