Forums

what anime you dropped after watching the 1st episode

Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Apr 19, 2009 2:08 PM

Kimura said:
enkil said:
MichelleLee said:
I guess I'm stubborn. I tend to finish everything I start, even if I have to force myself to.

This.

And you people saying you dropped shows after, like, 40 seconds are retards.

Perhaps rating the anime after watching only 40 seconds is retarded. Dropping it because it simply doesn't interest the viewer isn't retarded. Though, I tend to watch the entire episode before deciding to follow the series or move along, but that's me.

Apr 19, 2009 2:17 PM

You know, other anime is Gakuen Alice. I think its comedy is so stupid and the anime is boring.

Apr 19, 2009 2:22 PM
Monochrome Factor. That one guy was literally gay. Not happening.

Apr 19, 2009 2:34 PM

Air TV
Loveless
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Amazing Nurse Nanako
Lemon Angel Project
Meine Liebe
NieA Under 7
sola
Sister Princess
Trinity Blood
Saint Beast
Jinki:Extend
Desert Punk

Apr 19, 2009 2:36 PM

Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken
Boogiepop Phantom
Modified by caryisnaked, May 3, 2009 12:01 PM

Apr 19, 2009 2:38 PM

Gravion. Everything else I've dropped because of bad streaming quality.

Apr 19, 2009 2:38 PM

Ehh, I cant get myself to drop anything. Mostly because I dont even watch the first episode of an anime if it doesnt seem like I would like it.

Apr 19, 2009 2:50 PM

_Me_ said:
Monochrome Factor. That one guy was literally gay. Not happening.

Homophobe.

Apr 19, 2009 3:23 PM

I don't generally remember what I drop after the first episode, cause it has to be pretty bad for me to not even give it a second chance, but the most recent one I can remember that I dropped after the first episode would be Kemeko DX... *shudders*

Apr 19, 2009 3:25 PM

Recently Ristorante Paradiso (because old man reverse harem is yuckerz) and 07-Ghost, just cause it was so cliche and generic.

Apr 19, 2009 3:41 PM

Monochrome said:
Blade of the Immortal
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-
Kure-nai
Lucky Star
Mai-Otome Zwei
Prism Ark
Special A

These are all shows that I started as they aired, they were just bad or didn't seem worth waiting a week for the next episode. Although I may give some of these a second chance.

Il Teatrino gets a lot better in its second half. When I eventually got round to watching it I ended up raising it from a 3 to an 8 simply because it ended so well after a terrible first 4 or so episodes. Lucky Star simply sucks, and the others I can't comment on since I haven't seen them.

Apr 19, 2009 3:52 PM

Tsubasa Chronicle, because there was a lot more on my plan to watch list that I thought I'd enjoy more. But I won't say it's awful, shit, or terrible like how a lot of people here have been saying about anime they dropped because I didn't spend enough time on it to get enough of a feel.

Also, I'm able to make the recognition that just because I don't enjoy doesn't mean it's bad. Which seems to be a problem a lot of people have.

Apr 19, 2009 3:54 PM

Sayonora Zetsubou Sensei.. i was very bored.
i might try again though. :/

Apr 19, 2009 3:59 PM

xxxHolic... but I was really sleepy at that time and I plan to pick it up again becaise I just caught up with Tsubasa; I'm just not a huge fan of CLAMP.

Apr 19, 2009 4:01 PM

Shancakeschan said:

You should. I found it to be one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. =o

Apr 19, 2009 4:13 PM

I dropped The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Claymore back when they were airing based on the first episode, went back to them after they'd finished airing and loved both.

Dropped Gungrave based on the god awful first episode, and with some encouragement picked it back up, and ended up liking it enough to score it an 8.

Apr 19, 2009 4:25 PM

Cait_Sith said:
None. I've been tempted to, but I perfer to see the majority of an anime before I completely judge it. ^^;

Yeah same for me. I feel better knowing I wasn't quick to judge that way. Though sometimes you feel like you wasted your time with it, like Rosario+Vampire Capu2, that was the worst in my opinion.

Apr 19, 2009 4:25 PM

furizaa said:
Shancakeschan said:

I agree, Zetsubou Sensei is hilarious and you should try to get through it.

Some anime I dropped were Lucky Star and Bottle Fairy.
Bottle Fairy was just way too sweet. xP
And Lucky Star was pointless.... in a bad way.
lol

I try not to do it though, cuz most of the anime I'm tempted to drop get amazing half way through. Like Denou Coil started out slow but at the half way point it turned into one of the best psychological anime I've seen.

Apr 19, 2009 4:29 PM

Baccano!

Apr 19, 2009 4:59 PM

Macross 7. Solely because the lead character, Basara, was a totally annoying douchebag.

And though I still list it as "currently watching", I'm not sure if I want to keep up with White Album... just didn't seem that interesting.

Apr 19, 2009 5:05 PM

ariffmontel said:
Ontario said:
Seto no Hanayome
Gintama
Clannad After Story

I didn't even bother to put them on my list.

Seto no Hanayome is the best comedy harem dude.. look at the score

Something can have a high score an be a bad series. It's called over-rated.

Splitter said:
You're dumb.

Awww, thanks. You too.
(づ°‿°.)づ

Apr 19, 2009 5:10 PM

furizaa said:
Shancakeschan said:

The first four episodes, yes. But after that, it really goes downhill. Zoku got better near the end, but overall it was a pretty big waste. I can barely remember any memorable moments outside those first four eps.

Ontario said:

Splitter said:
You're dumb.

Awww, thanks. You too.

No seriously, how do you drop Clannad After Story? You did watch Clannad right, which means you made it through that, so how the HELL do you drop After after a single episode?!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Apr 19, 2009 5:28 PM

furizaa said:
Shancakeschan said:

It's important to not though that the beginning of the first season focus very much on the specific characters and their circumstances, which may be hit or miss. Later on, and ion pretty much the whole second season, it's all about whining over issues in modern society (Japan especially of course), which might be funnier?

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Apr 19, 2009 5:49 PM

Koi Kaze
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Apr 19, 2009 6:03 PM

Splitter said:
furizaa said:
Shancakeschan said:

The first four episodes, yes. But after that, it really goes downhill. Zoku got better near the end, but overall it was a pretty big waste. I can barely remember any memorable moments outside those first four eps.

Ontario said:

Splitter said:
You're dumb.

Awww, thanks. You too.

No seriously, how do you drop Clannad After Story? You did watch Clannad right, which means you made it through that, so how the HELL do you drop After after a single episode?!

I don 't know, maybe I was in a idgf mood. I didn't really feel like watching it. Didn't really appeal to me (which is funny, considering my list).
(づ°‿°.)づ

Apr 19, 2009 6:04 PM

Re: Cutie Honey.

Apr 19, 2009 7:59 PM

Lucky Star.. I gave up after the first 12 mins.. But I know a lot who like Lucky Star a lot and kept telling me good stuff about it.. So I tried again and actually got off to finishing the 1st episode.. I haven't watched it again since then. =/
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."

Apr 19, 2009 8:01 PM

yunadestined said:
Lucky Star.. I gave up after the first 12 mins.. But I know a lot who like Lucky Star a lot and kept telling me good stuff about it.. So I tried again and actually got off to finishing the 1st episode.. I haven't watched it again since then. =/

Lucky Star is definitely not for everyone.

Apr 19, 2009 8:10 PM
It seems there are a lot of Lucky Star haters here. I thought it was good. It's extremely pointless, but if you just go with the flow, you might like it.

Apr 19, 2009 8:13 PM

_Me_ said:
It seems there are a lot of Lucky Star haters here. I thought it was good. It's extremely pointless, but if you just go with the flow, you might like it.
It's not that I hate it, I for one actually like the animation and how cute the characters are all depicted.. It's just that, the entire premise was rather pointless to were I just found it boring.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."

Apr 19, 2009 8:55 PM

I like pointless shows, like I loved Minami-ke, but I didn't like Lucky Star at all either for some reason.

Apr 19, 2009 8:59 PM

Nipsirc said:
I dropped The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Claymore back when they were airing based on the first episode, went back to them after they'd finished airing and loved both.

I dropped Melancholy after one episode, too - sadly, because it's one of my boyfriend's favorites. Hopefully I'll get back to it and see if it turns out to be great like he claims. It was just sorta slow for me.

Apr 19, 2009 9:00 PM

Quite a few, heh. I tend to watch an episode of everything when the season starts, and drop everything I don't feel like watching after an episode. I pick them up again if they start generating enough buzz. I tend not to put them on my list, though, as I would start building up hundreds of dropped series.

Apr 19, 2009 9:08 PM

i try to watch the entire show, bad or not... unless its extremely horrible ill watch it til the end
All Threats, All Hazards, Always Ready
United States Coast Guard

Apr 19, 2009 9:13 PM

I watched Lucky Star for 12 minutes some 15 months ago for only 12 minutes and stopped; then went and finished it with only a 7.

I tried to watch it again and couldn't get past 12 minutes.

I don't drop after the first episode, I'm not sure why.

Apr 19, 2009 9:24 PM

Enigmatica said:
yunadestined said:

This is because it is a terrible cartoon.

Apr 19, 2009 9:33 PM

Pops said:
Enigmatica said:
yunadestined said:

This is because it is a terrible cartoon.

Terrible is a bit strong... Lucky Star's problem is all it does is pander to its audience, which is odd because Lucky Channel does the complete opposite.

Yes I refer to them seperately. Lucky Channel is amazing. Lucky Star is not.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Apr 19, 2009 9:45 PM

Animefan710 said:
dokura chan =_=

Oh yes! I totally forgot about that. (Wish I still did v_v)
Also Soul Link and Final Approach, now that I think about it.

Apr 20, 2009 1:31 AM

_Me_ said:

Just because people don't find it interesting, doesn't mean they "hate" it.

Personally, I liked Lucky Star, but didn't think it was the greatest anime around like other people did. I actually got a lot of the jokes, anime and video game reference, ect. made in the anime, too. Still, I found it to be good.

Though, it's easy to understand why people won't like it.

Apr 20, 2009 5:05 AM
The only show that I can think of right now that I would have no interest in watching again would have to be Super Milk chan, some people might like it, I don't.

Apr 20, 2009 5:11 AM

Normally I finish anything, no matter how terrible it is, I'll eventually finish. But Toradora and Kurogane no Linebarrels had such horrible animation I just could not force myself to look at the screen any longer.

Apr 20, 2009 5:54 AM

Kurogane I can understand, but I don't see how Toradora was so bad. The quality was quite alright in that one, but I guess it's a moot point if you don't like the style.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Apr 20, 2009 6:06 AM

Kanon (2006), Kanon (2002) and Air =.=

i first thought kanon (2002) was nice but when i first saw the characters i was like

"OMG their eyes are like on the very corner of their faces..."

or something like that then i thought kanon (2006) would be better, sure the art was better but the story... is soooo slooooww... then i went for a fresh start: Air then i didn't even get to reach 2 mins. after the op =.=;

i ended up feeding my dogs after that =.=; i dunno why =.='||

Apr 20, 2009 6:20 AM

Fullmetal Alchemist. Both of them. They were just so dull.

Apr 20, 2009 6:27 AM

Scud said:

Troll.

Apr 20, 2009 6:31 AM

Nayah said:
Scud said:

Troll.

No, really. I don't like them.

Apr 20, 2009 6:32 AM

I usually drop the ones I really hate within 5 minutes, so you won't find them on my list.
One episode drops that are on my list:
Hyakko and Nyoron Churuya-san because they're supposedly "comedy anime" and they're not funny... at all.
Just hated Himitsu - Top Secret.
Sketchbook ~full color'S~ just isn't the sort of show I enjoy, and I knew I'd never finish it so dropped.
Modified by amayadori, Apr 20, 2009 6:38 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year

Apr 20, 2009 6:50 AM

Splitter said:
Yes I refer to them seperately. Lucky Channel is amazing. Lucky Star is not.

I knew there was someone who had the same thoughts as me, but I couldn't remember who it was. Lucky Channel is actually worth watching, it's a pity you have a good 17 minutes or so of utter tripe before it.

Apr 20, 2009 7:30 AM
definitely big o
I, Trust You Foreevaaa

Apr 20, 2009 7:30 AM

I dropped Queen's Blade (the boobs replaced whatever room was left for decent storytelling), Kanon '06 (It bored me) , Monster Princess (It was a bit cliché IMO), and Aquarion (the story was unoriginal and it didn't make sense).

Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »