Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2009 9:27 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, what does everyone think? :)
Apr 19, 2009 10:47 AM

Feb 2008
Hmm.. I'm so exicted to see Aoba reactions while have a feeling she is going to realize how good Kou Pitching is. That's why he become they secret weapon.
Sure she going to fall in love with him, don't have read the novell/manga of this but sure it interesting. Nothing much tell me when in the previews.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 21, 2009 4:00 AM

May 2008
No!!!, the sub i dl'ed was a troll. damn.
Apr 21, 2009 7:02 AM

Jun 2008
olol olol troll subs.
Apr 21, 2009 8:59 AM

Aug 2007
Well I figure the first volume spans at least 3 episodes. So yea the first two were a bit flip flopped which to me personally missed up the flow originally in the manga. It makes Waba's death less saddening. Nonetheless I'm still obligated to watch this. Adachi got me hooked with his works with Katsu!. This episode was alright. But confusing. They keep going back & forth so I'm not sure if I'm right on this but it seems too soon for Koh to be moving on to HS. Bah. I'll give it another 2 to 3 episodes. If it's still bad I'm dropping it and just sticking to the manga.
Apr 21, 2009 2:48 PM
Nov 2008
Shiki needs to grow up and stop whining. The fansub community isn't exactly a community of morals. Acting all high and mighty while citing respect to the original creator is both rediculous and hypocritical. Welcome to the internet. There is no such thing as controled distribution here. Go ahead and disband like you threaten to. The internet won't flinch.

</rant>

(Sorry, didn't know of a more appropriate place to put this after that troll)
Apr 21, 2009 3:13 PM
Nov 2007
man, cross game manga is soo much more beautiful i think. when i finished reading the first arc and she died, i cried lol. (i dont cry much for anime, and defo not much for manga) her death in the manga was a tradgedy, and there were more chapters devoted in showing how much they loved each other. i remember there being a part where wakaba telling aoba that even if he pitches a 160, she can still never have him. this follows up quite importantly in the future when aoba keeps holding back her feelings i think. (please correct me if im wrong here)

im still gonna watch this, since im still enjoying the anime very much. but a tip to anyone who hasn't read the manga, ur missing out soo much!
Apr 21, 2009 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
canephalanx said:
No!!!, the sub i dl'ed was a troll. damn.

I fell for it too.
Apr 21, 2009 11:09 PM

Nov 2008
Let's all drop the Shiki-bashing and stick to the topic, okay? :)

I just watched the episode, and I like how they are handling the explanations which were covered in the first volume of the manga, mixed in with the current day. It's something which works well in the anime, I think. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Apr 21, 2009 11:31 PM
Jun 2007
thalandor46 said:
Shiki needs to grow up and stop whining. The fansub community isn't exactly a community of morals. Acting all high and mighty while citing respect to the original creator is both rediculous and hypocritical. Welcome to the internet. There is no such thing as controled distribution here. Go ahead and disband like you threaten to. The internet won't flinch.

</rant>

(Sorry, didn't know of a more appropriate place to put this after that troll)

lol you seriously need to look at this more in detail before posting. Shiki didn't released this troll.
Apr 22, 2009 7:58 AM
Dec 2008
Drengot said:
lol you seriously need to look at this more in detail before posting. Shiki didn't released this troll.

Actually read his blog. He did release the troll, just not on all the sites it ended up on. So that's that, it's over. He's guilty.

Let's get on with the anime discussion.

I liked how Kou talked about how he took it easy when he pitched. The reaction of his catcher buddy was classic as well. Unlike Touch, you can see how come Kou is good at what he does. He works at it. Tacchan was just a natural - or so it seemed.
Apr 22, 2009 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
Another awesome episode.
Cross Game <3
Apr 23, 2009 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
I still miss Waka v.v

Fun episode, glad to see Ko wanting to play baseball. That game was awesome, his arm is seriously ridiculous. Can't wait for the next episode :3

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 23, 2009 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
It was a nice episode, but somehow it feels like something wasn't right. Then again, I find myself comparing the series a lot to Touch, so that also could be the reason why I'm not totally satisfied with the episode.
Apr 23, 2009 3:22 AM

May 2008
Finally I was able to watch it and I must say that I CANT WAIT FOR SOME BASEBALL ACTION!! woohoo!! (sorry for the caps)
Apr 23, 2009 10:26 AM
Dec 2008
timi said:
It was a nice episode, but somehow it feels like something wasn't right. Then again, I find myself comparing the series a lot to Touch, so that also could be the reason why I'm not totally satisfied with the episode.

I kind of like the way you can compare it to Touch. There are big differences you can note in how Kou and Tacchan become successful. Kou has been batting since he was 3 years old and apparently been working out with Aoba's menu since he lost to her. He had some minor talent for throwing, just no training. Tacchan always had the arm for it, just no control. He was a natural from the start.
Apr 23, 2009 11:05 AM

Mar 2009
Cross Game FTW!! Great episode, and it's finally subbed, It was great that Nakanishi didn't let Ko pitch, cause he knew they would just pwn the other team, and his reaction after the game was priceless, This is def my fav of the season!!! Urahara Out!!
Apr 23, 2009 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
That was near flawless, imo.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 23, 2009 6:24 PM
Mar 2008
Episode was a bit slow for me, but I still loved it xD
Can't wait to see Kou in action going like WTFPWNz0RZ
then he'll be like, "...I are good? o.o"

On another note, I miss Wakaba ;_;
Apr 25, 2009 8:56 PM

May 2008
rawr cant wait for a competition and then more challenges await hehe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 26, 2009 7:20 PM

Aug 2008
I was a little bored, but that's only because we're still in the exposition phase. I'm much less excited to see Kou pitch and Aoba fall in love (which is a given) than I am seeing what's going to happen in the club politics once Kou joins the team.
Apr 26, 2009 10:26 PM

Oct 2007
this show would be so much better if it wasn't so see through, but thats what i love about it, how simplistic the plot really is
Apr 27, 2009 2:26 AM

Aug 2007
Ishmael said:
Well I figure the first volume spans at least 3 episodes. So yea the first two were a bit flip flopped which to me personally missed up the flow originally in the manga. It makes Waba's death less saddening. Nonetheless I'm still obligated to watch this. Adachi got me hooked with his works with Katsu!. This episode was alright. But confusing. They keep going back & forth so I'm not sure if I'm right on this but it seems too soon for Koh to be moving on to HS. Bah. I'll give it another 2 to 3 episodes. If it's still bad I'm dropping it and just sticking to the manga.

I agree, the manga is so much better and I actually kinda cry everytime I read the first volume. I've read the manga like at least 8 times by now(up until the newest chapters). The anime just doesn't do it's job that well. Neverless, I am an Adachi fan and will watch the anime.
Apr 27, 2009 3:29 AM

Sep 2008
i personally am loving this series so far, its different and unique. I haven't ever watched a baseball anime before and don't know much about it really since it's non existant in my country. But guess that's not what i like so much about it, i just love series that have a lot of development between the characters and such. It's nice to see sometimes when majority of animes try to win you over with the same old comedy or a plot containing something 'out of this world'. This series is natural and entertaining to watch.
May 3, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2008
Wonderful episode! I wonder why did Nakanishi beat those guys.
May 3, 2009 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
Because they were scum. They are arrogant and aren't really in the club for the right reason. They basically dragged the whole club down with them.
May 5, 2009 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
We can expect a huge turnaround for their school team once he joins.

However, I think he needs to deal with those delinquents from the team first.

May 9, 2009 10:30 AM

Jul 2008
Another good episode, I can't wait to see Kou in some games.
May 12, 2009 12:36 AM

Jan 2008
Looking forward to seeing future matches with Kou :D
May 9, 2010 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
Wakaba may have a short life, but her influence is showing... Love Wakaba flash backs, the girl is just that sweet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2010 12:59 AM

Sep 2009
The flash backs are done pretty good. Looking forward to Aoba's reaction when she sees Kou pitch.
Jul 9, 2010 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
He really is a secret weapon. The reactions were sort of ridiculous but good.
Nov 15, 2010 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Woo, I thought that was an awesome episode. o: I really enjoyed watching Ko be super awesome at baseball. He really has practised for years, and has trained his body (muscles, really) too, so you'd only expect the best... :D I guess it was a bit of a surprise to Nakanishi, haha.

I really don't like that one dude who keeps hitting on Aoba... Not because he's trying to pick her up, but because he's so pathetic. ._. Kissing the ground the older students walk on, basically, just to be seen in a favourable light... Ugh... Doesn't even look like he likes working hard - obviously not in training for baseball and maybe just in general. Kind of annoys me when there are other characters who practise to get better (Aoba, Ko, Nakanishi even...).

Akaishi... He actually seems like he'll be a really good character - really likable. After the beginning of the first episode, I thought they'd make him out to be a bad guy... Obviously was impossible to think that when he cried for Wakaba, and impossible to think that now. XD He's kinda cool.
Jun 3, 2011 4:52 AM

Dec 2010
I see now just how much of an impact Wakaba's death is going to have on the series as a whole...the majority of the main cast has been deeply affected by it, and are motivated in many of their actions due to the effect Wakaba had on them. It's remarkablly well executed, and helps make the death that much more saddening.

On another note, another excellent episode. The phrase 'quietly awesome' seems to have been invented for this show.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Nov 11, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2009
I have this feeling that Momiji might make it on my favorite characters list when this is all said and done.
Aug 4, 2012 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
Black blood...I'm starting to question the all ages rating. Another fantastic episode.
Sep 15, 2012 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
"You're the one who said take it easy and start light for now!"

Oh god... he doesn't even know his own potential. LOL
Mar 8, 2014 2:57 AM

Aug 2013
Akaishi looks like a thug but I think he's actually a big softie :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 7, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
does this anime go into the more technical aspects of baseball?
seems like all they throw are fastballs
where's the pitch selection mang 2 seamed/4 seamed fastballs , sliders, change ups, split finger, knuckleball, sinkers, etc

Jun 19, 2014 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
And so Koh show his talent and we know why he didn't joined the club. Well, me too I would be a bit reluctant if I was about to list in and a huge fight suddenly happened :P

The scary looking guy is still haunted by Wakaba. Poor him, it must be hard to know that the girl you loved died and that she never shared the same feeling...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 29, 2014 7:51 AM

Feb 2013
Not Entirely that much to talk about in this episode.
Koh is starting to show his Potential, Despite not seeing it himself.
When they mentioned Delinquents in the Team i was Expecting like some kinda Bullying Scene but a full on Fight that even Made Daiki Get his Hands Bloody was something i was not expecting!
More Flashbacks though, We Learn Why Akaishi Joined the Baseball Team (of Course it was Wakaba) I Actually Akaishi was gonna be set-up as a Bully at first but it appears that will not be the case after all.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Dec 29, 2014 12:03 AM

Jul 2008
And here comes Kou. I wonder how much Aoba is going to complain now?
Jan 16, 2015 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, I wonder if this will span a few years.
Sep 26, 2015 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
This just keeps getting better. Man, why did the first episode have to be so shitty, making me put the show on hold for ~55 days.
Jun 4, 2016 9:12 AM
Dec 2014
Why is this lesbian massive bitch the main female character girl who died would have made this series bearable
Aug 9, 2018 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
He improved a lot but I want to see him in an official game.
May 19, 2020 5:45 PM

Dec 2007
Though this episode is really slow and uneventful, it builds the story and the characters for the next episodes.
Loved the comedy and the character development.
And though i'm ok with the art and the character design, the backgrounds really messed up.
Aug 12, 2020 6:14 AM

Jul 2015
Them thinking Ko did nothing all these years while in secret he trained to gain some pro baseball skills all in order to show off in this fun sandlot game. Those senpai scumbags are going to be a pain in the ass to deal with for Nakanish, Akaishi and Ko.

Oct 5, 2020 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
i like it so far, it has a certain charm to it. not blown by any means but excited to see the story unfold.

i really like aoba's character, it sounds horrible to say but in the first ep i was really not into it bc wakaba was such a boring character... so i'm kinda glad she died and aoba will be the focus from now on (ahh that felt so wrong to say lmao rip wakaba)
laputiaOct 5, 2020 11:51 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.