Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
Would You like to see festival arc?
Apr 18, 2009 3:46 PM

Oct 2007
What is really annoying for me is how they skipped the festival arc.
We have all the other OVA's but they pick up from the point that Chao leaves.

The festival arc is fun, you got the time-traveling, the whole school fight, and the tournament. You could get a 12-13 episode there, couldn't you...
I would really like to see it.

Anyone else?
Apr 19, 2009 4:40 PM

May 2008
I'd like to see it, but this series always tends to disappoint me. All of the spin-offs, sequels and remakes seem to always stop short. Even the remake started the ball rolling and once again dropped it.

I'd like to see this series done properly from start to finish. Like I said before, they seem to mess it up every chance they get. It would've been one of the top anime. They need to roll out a 50+ episode season.
Apr 29, 2009 7:27 PM
May 2008
i agree why dont the ever animate what the manga shows animes are always changed to a big extend i really dont see the point maybe someone who knows and can write japanese can write a letter to those guys and ask if they start a new negima show that truly follows the manga in other words just animate the manga.
the manga is popular and they have all the material they need to start animation and can go for several seasons.
i want the negima manga truly animated no changes just animated what is in the manga!
Apr 30, 2009 5:38 AM

Oct 2007
Yea, i think we all agree to that!
Or at least show the festival arc before proceeded...

And dont give us an OVA of only 4 episodes...
Jun 4, 2009 1:11 PM

May 2008
The festival arc could even have a good video game adaptation, but yeah i would also want a true anime adaptation
Jul 4, 2009 7:17 PM

Oct 2008
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want too a Festival Animation!!!!
I think.... (I REALLY think) that Akamatsu should start to think better whom he gives the copyright for the animations!
Jul 8, 2009 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck yes, the festival arc was the best out of all the manga imo. Mahou sekai arc is really great too but without the festival arc it look like they skipped too much of the manga =/.

I really hope that Akamatsu fucking stop agreeing for OVA and get a studio to make a remake of the anime following the manga exactly, that would be so much ownage. Knowing that Negima is very popular I don't even know why he don't do it, maybe he wait to finish his manga before =/. But giving how much they would have to animate I can't help to think that they would have at least 100 episode before they catch up to where they are.
Jul 8, 2009 8:17 PM
Mar 2009
They need to do a Brotherhood on this series. I can't believe that at in the foreword of each GN of Negima! that is released, Ken Akamatsu has nothing but positive things to say about the anime and OVA's. It sickens me that he can be so happy about the bastardisation of his work.

The same damn thing happened with Love Hina, maybe Akamatsu has been driven insane by the constant twisting of his works...

Jul 15, 2009 4:39 AM

Oct 2007
Don't count out Magic World arc just yet, saw some preview clips for this OVA & it has some pretty impressive visuals on it.

Jul 15, 2009 5:20 AM
Mar 2009
Rweck said:
Don't count out Magic World arc just yet, saw some preview clips for this OVA & it has some pretty impressive visuals on it.

Doesn't matter, the rest of the ENTIRE series for the anime is absolute shit. The first series is not only extremely badly drawn, it's also got an original and extremely stupid storyline.

The second series isn't even based off of the original manga, but off of a PARODY MANGA!

Like I said, they need to do a Brotherhood on this series and start again from the beginning... and this time, they need to do it RIGHT.

Jul 17, 2009 11:03 AM

Oct 2008
chinlamp said:
They need to do a Brotherhood on this series.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We may all write the sugestions to Akamatsu XDDD

No seriously.... I'm agree that the last tow OVAs series have bean great... but what happen with the arcs that weren't animated, or weren't WELL animated?

I really wish that SHAFT (the ones who has been producing the last two OVAs series) would realize the potencial of a new and well animated anime of Negima T.T
Jul 17, 2009 1:02 PM

May 2007
what is funny is that only NOW SHAFT is trying to adapt something of the manga (but with Akamatsu's money), with the excuse: "if we sell ******** we can make a new tv series, if we sell ******** we can make a movie, if we sell ******** we can make more OVAs"
why the hell did they make Negima!? then?
why now they are interested in it ?
seems like Akamatsu is cursed, he is famous and all but nobody can adapt his manga properly
Jul 18, 2009 6:07 PM
Mar 2009
Shaoran said:
what is funny is that only NOW SHAFT is trying to adapt something of the manga (but with Akamatsu's money), with the excuse: "if we sell ******** we can make a new tv series, if we sell ******** we can make a movie, if we sell ******** we can make more OVAs"
why the hell did they make Negima!? then?
why now they are interested in it ?
seems like Akamatsu is cursed, he is famous and all but nobody can adapt his manga properly

Yeah, he's cursed with bad anime adaptations, and that other mangaka who made Pretty Face and Mx0 is cursed with never being able to finish a series when it's released in Japan but when it gets transported over here it becomes really popular and everyone wants more, but it never happens cos the Japanese cancelled it.

Bloody Japanese not looking at the world market... XD

Jul 26, 2009 10:48 AM

Aug 2007
Really, if they would have made everything right from the beginning, Negima would've been one of the most popular series today. I mean, it's still really popular, but just think what would've happened if it actually had an anime that followed the manga and that did things the right way instead of fusing the original with a bunch of chupacabra and bad animation with stupid and pointless story lines.

I was seriously impressed with the first (3) episodes of Negima!?, even through it wasn't what I wanted it was still pretty good. It's a shame they had to go make the anime so damn stupid the rest of the episodes, how hard can it be to do things right?

Immediately, Haruhi's Endless Eight arc springs to mind... Who was the genius behind that? "Yeah, let's show the same episode eight times, everyone loves Haruhi so that will probably work right?". Negima has the same genius working with it (the ending of series one for example... The one who came up with that one deserves a slap in the face). The first season is also pretty strange in the way that it changed a lot of stuff the manga had (example of this would be the home trip to Ayaka's house which Asuna and Negi did in the manga. In the anime THE WHOLE CLASS followed them) probably the thing you would've noticed right away is the hair colors... Is it really THAT hard to find the right hair color in the color palette?

The second season also had major flaws as well (not counting the animation). They constantly tried to focus the camera on EVERYONE in the class. Even if the story in that specific episode was about one person the focus would constantly switch between that person and 30+ others, everyone isn't active at the same time, every character don't need 5 minutes of fame in each and every episode.

When I saw the other OVA, that's when I saw how I really wanted the serie to be from the start (apart from some animation flaws). The animation kept true to the manga, there were no "original style", the style looked like it was taken from the manga and I loved it. The story went on as the manga did (although a bit rushed since it was an OVA). I would be so happy if they could make a new 50+ episode anime with this style while keeping true to the manga.

Long rant is long, but damn it - they better make things right soon, starting with this OVA. I hope to god they won't try to squeeze the whole magical arc into it, that would just be retarded. In fact, I'm getting a bit concerned about this, because I can't see any other logical explanation to what they actually can show. There is no part from the start of the magic arc that they can fit with four episodes.
Jul 27, 2009 6:10 AM
Mar 2009
Jollepoker said:
Really, if they would have made everything right from the beginning, Negima would've been one of the most popular series today. I mean, it's still really popular, but just think what would've happened if it actually had an anime that followed the manga and that did things the right way instead of fusing the original with a bunch of chupacabra and bad animation with stupid and pointless story lines.

I was seriously impressed with the first (3) episodes of Negima!?, even through it wasn't what I wanted it was still pretty good. It's a shame they had to go make the anime so damn stupid the rest of the episodes, how hard can it be to do things right?

Immediately, Haruhi's Endless Eight arc springs to mind... Who was the genius behind that? "Yeah, let's show the same episode eight times, everyone loves Haruhi so that will probably work right?". Negima has the same genius working with it (the ending of series one for example... The one who came up with that one deserves a slap in the face). The first season is also pretty strange in the way that it changed a lot of stuff the manga had (example of this would be the home trip to Ayaka's house which Asuna and Negi did in the manga. In the anime THE WHOLE CLASS followed them) probably the thing you would've noticed right away is the hair colors... Is it really THAT hard to find the right hair color in the color palette?

The second season also had major flaws as well (not counting the animation). They constantly tried to focus the camera on EVERYONE in the class. Even if the story in that specific episode was about one person the focus would constantly switch between that person and 30+ others, everyone isn't active at the same time, every character don't need 5 minutes of fame in each and every episode.

When I saw the other OVA, that's when I saw how I really wanted the serie to be from the start (apart from some animation flaws). The animation kept true to the manga, there were no "original style", the style looked like it was taken from the manga and I loved it. The story went on as the manga did (although a bit rushed since it was an OVA). I would be so happy if they could make a new 50+ episode anime with this style while keeping true to the manga.

Long rant is long, but damn it - they better make things right soon, starting with this OVA. I hope to god they won't try to squeeze the whole magical arc into it, that would just be retarded. In fact, I'm getting a bit concerned about this, because I can't see any other logical explanation to what they actually can show. There is no part from the start of the magic arc that they can fit with four episodes.

What you said is a little mixed up. You talked about the Chupacabra, which appears in Negima!? but then you go on to talk about the second season as a seperate entity, when the second season IS Negima!?

The anime with the same name as the manga is the first season... well, first attempt at making an anime for one of the best mangas of all time imo.

Again, I'll say it:

They need to do a Brotherhood on this.

Jul 27, 2009 3:56 PM

Feb 2009
a "reanimation" is near impossible
the studio that has rights to the anime does not have the budget to make a series of this
Jul 27, 2009 8:05 PM

Oct 2008
Spaz0ut said:
a "reanimation" is near impossible
the studio that has rights to the anime does not have the budget to make a series of this

the studio is SAFTH.... and they've been affording three hole seasons of "Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei" +OVAs... so I think they can... and it would have great rating, and would make also great moeny with the merchandising (Let´s accept this: Ecchi and Moe girls sales~!)....

I really can´t understand why this manga hasn´t a decent animation!
Nishitomi_NegiJul 27, 2009 8:09 PM
Jul 27, 2009 8:53 PM
Mar 2008
taiyougumi said:
the studio is SAFTH.... and they've been affording three hole seasons of "Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei" +OVAs... so I think they can... and it would have great rating, and would make also great moeny with the merchandising (Let´s accept this: Ecchi and Moe girls sales~!)....

The thing is that SHAFT don't have the budget for a long runner and a good Negima anime would have to be a long runner. (It's pretty long after all and the best parts are later.)
Plus SHAFT have a pretty eccentric style which they wouldn't be able to keep up with for so long.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei however is perfectly suited for SHAFT and even then the seasons were split up with breaks. The only reason SHAFT got the series was because they are suited to parody and they wanted to make a parody.
Jul 27, 2009 9:03 PM

Feb 2009
Ash-Falls-Town said:
taiyougumi said:

The thing is that SHAFT don't have the budget for a long runner and a good Negima anime would have to be a long runner. (It's pretty long after all and the best parts are later.)
Plus SHAFT have a pretty eccentric style which they wouldn't be able to keep up with for so long.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei however is perfectly suited for SHAFT and even then the seasons were split up with breaks. The only reason SHAFT got the series was because they are suited to parody and they wanted to make a parody.

so unless the rights go to another studio,
there's no chance for "real" run, huh

there goes my hopes and dreams for my favorite manga =C
Jul 28, 2009 5:38 AM

May 2007
Ash-Falls-Town said:
taiyougumi said:

And that is what makes no sense at all
if that is true, why now they want money to adapt the manga?
Where did they take the budget to make Negima!?, a 26 episodes original anime? Yeah 26, not 13!; isn't that a bit too risky for a company?
And now with the possible movie, what can they do? The festival arc? Some random parts of the magical wolrd?
This is all we can expect from Shaft
Aug 6, 2009 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
So who want to burst into Shaft studio, kill everybody then make the studio explode?
Aug 8, 2009 4:18 PM

Aug 2007
chinlamp said:
What you said is a little mixed up. You talked about the Chupacabra, which appears in Negima!? but then you go on to talk about the second season as a seperate entity, when the second season IS Negima!?

The anime with the same name as the manga is the first season... well, first attempt at making an anime for one of the best mangas of all time imo.

Again, I'll say it:

They need to do a Brotherhood on this.

I know fully well what the different series are called. The bad animation and storyline applies to both series. I do agree my post was a mess, however my point is: How the hell can it be so hard to do things right from the beginning? The first series (yes, the one that follows the manga somewhat) had a really low budget and pretty crap animation but it could've still done an acceptable job by following the manga more instead of changing a bunch of stupid things (and in the end the whole story line).

Even through the second serie was a spin-off (Negima!?) it still did a whole bunch of things that was senseless and stupid (like the chupacabra) that could've been avoided in order to make the serie better. I really liked the direction the serie was going in the beginning and if it had continued like that instead of... whatever it was it did, it might actually have been good.

But yes you are correct, they need to make a brotherhood (a high budget brotherhood) of Negima.
Aug 20, 2009 12:41 PM

Feb 2009
maxime1007 said:
So who want to burst into Shaft studio, kill everybody then make the studio explode?

i do...

can i eat them afterwards?
Aug 21, 2009 7:22 PM
Feb 2009
Spaz0ut said:
can i eat them afterward?
lol

i agree with the flow of arguments here, shaft should really take this adaptation seriously...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 4, 2009 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know why the fuck Akamatsu signed up with SHAFT, sure they are a great studio but they are know for their short series, as far as I know they never did a long run serie.
Sep 5, 2009 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
maxime1007 said:
I don't know why the fuck Akamatsu signed up with SHAFT, sure they are a great studio but they are know for their short series, as far as I know they never did a long run serie.

well, it´s a shame, but we have to admit that it´s better than signed up with XEBEC... Love Hina an Negima! weren´t the best animations did it?
Sep 29, 2009 4:07 PM

Jun 2007
I have to disagree with the bad animation remarks about the first series "Mahou Sensei Negima!". Please don't bunch it in with Negima?!. Negima?! (the second series) was shit and I'll never understand why people say it was good when it clearly wasn't in many aspects. The animation was horrible and the story did not follow the manga AT ALL. It wasnt till the last 2 episodes that it was remotely interesting.

As for the past OVA's...they've all stayed pretty faithful to the manga. Animation has been decent so no complaints from me on the OVAs. This OVA in particular has been amazing. As disappointed as I am that they skipped the festival arc, I'm still happy that they decided to continue making Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA's.

I have to agree with you guys about making one seires. They could have made so much money if they skipped on all the alternative stories and OVAs and just made one long series. I'm hoping they will at some point.
Sep 30, 2009 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
DeathfireD said:
I have to disagree with the bad animation remarks about the first series "Mahou Sensei Negima!". Please don't bunch it in with Negima?!. Negima?! (the second series) was shit and I'll never understand why people say it was good when it clearly wasn't in many aspects. The animation was horrible and the story did not follow the manga AT ALL. It wasnt till the last 2 episodes that it was remotely interesting.

Most of us think that THE ANIMATION of the second series is so much better than the one... I´m aware that the story is completely different and that´s why a new manga called "Negima!? neo" started when the anime was close to end... but in animation terms it´s so much better than the second one, and opened the way to this awesome animation fo the most recent OVAs (Negima!? and the OVAs are made by SHAFT)...

And about the series, let´s not ask too much (I know, I want it to!!! >.<)... but the business isn´t good at all... f.ex. a very popular series "Darker than BLACK" new season has only 12 chapters... they companies don´t need adventures... they need financial security (it´s a shame, but after all, this is still a business TT0TT)
Sep 30, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
The XEBEC anime had horrible production values. The animation was cancerous to look at. It also had a horrible original ending and it missed the point of the manga completely.

The SHAFT anime was simply a spin off series. Hell, it even has a spin off manga devoted to it. To rate it as a direct adaptation would be unfair.
Oct 1, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2007
Putting the original ending aside, the first season stayed pretty damn faithful to the manga. I'm not sure why you guys think the graphics where worse then the second. I found the second sloppy, at least the characters where anyway.
Oct 1, 2009 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
DeathfireD said:
Putting the original ending aside, the first season stayed pretty damn faithful to the manga. I'm not sure why you guys think the graphics where worse then the second. I found the second sloppy, at least the characters where anyway.

This is what they mean Mahou Sensei Negima! and Negima!?
i did like the story for the 1st series more although
Oct 1, 2009 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
DeathfireD said:

If you compare the graphics of the recent OVA are more close to the grate origianl graphics... and all this "new" graphics were developed using the second animation as base ^^.

Any way, the graphic thing is a matter of likes XP... but the story, as Haylas said, the second one is more a spin off than an adaptation...
Oct 2, 2009 8:43 PM

Jun 2007
chronarose said:
DeathfireD said:

This is what they mean Mahou Sensei Negima! and Negima!?
i did like the story for the 1st series more although

Bad example. They both look the same lol. BTW. Season one used less detail for facial features which made them look smoother and clearer. The second season used far to many freehanded scribbles to add detail. Not my cup of tea.

@taiyougumi - the new OVA has a very large difference in quality compared to both series 1 and 2. It's very noticeable how much better it is compared to the two.

I know the second was a spin off. Never the less it was still shit.
Oct 3, 2009 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
I´m not saying that both have the same quality, but SHAFT developed it taking the second animation as base.
Oct 24, 2009 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
taiyougumi said:
chinlamp said:
They need to do a Brotherhood on this series.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We may all write the sugestions to Akamatsu XDDD

No seriously.... I'm agree that the last tow OVAs series have bean great... but what happen with the arcs that weren't animated, or weren't WELL animated?

I really wish that SHAFT (the ones who has been producing the last two OVAs series) would realize the potencial of a new and well animated anime of Negima T.T

Woot!
Nov 14, 2009 8:11 PM

Apr 2009
I agree completely with you guys. Negima could've been just as big (and better) than Bleach and Naruto if they had made it right. Hell they could've put in lots of fillers and it still would've been better then the crap we've gotten so far.

Edit: LOL someone voted no.
Dec 9, 2009 3:02 PM
Jul 2009
IMO, I think this OVA (Sekai) is MUCH better than the first one (Ala Alba). It has many cool fight scenes, and they adapted an excellent arc from the manga, unlike the Ala Alba. :|

But yeah, a full anime adaption following the manga COMPLETELY like the OVAs are would be even better! ^_^

Mahou Sensei Negima! Brotherhood anyone??? XD
Julio-samaDec 9, 2009 3:08 PM
Dec 9, 2009 8:15 PM

Nov 2009
As much as I would like a remake of the Mahou Sensei Negima anime, one which close follows the manga, I don't see it happening. Fullmetal Alchemist only got remade because of its massive popularity.

After all, Akamatsu Ken and SHAFT aren't pushing for a new series, they are pushing for a film that will take place after the OADs. For now they will closely follow the manga, but one can assume that afterward, the film will diverge from the manga in a way similiar to the first anime adaption. One where the writing staff cuts out character development and ends up with a badly written ending to the story.
MaseroDec 9, 2009 8:46 PM
Dec 9, 2009 11:01 PM
Jul 2009
blowuup said:
As much as I would like a remake of the Mahou Sensei Negima anime, one which close follows the manga, I don't see it happening. Fullmetal Alchemist only got remade because of its massive popularity.

After all, Akamatsu Ken and SHAFT aren't pushing for a new series, they are pushing for a film that will take place after the OADs. For now they will closely follow the manga, but one can assume that afterward, the film will diverge from the manga in a way similiar to the first anime adaption. One where the writing staff cuts out character development and ends up with a badly written ending to the story.

I agree with you there. Although I still think the film might be good. ^_^
Dec 13, 2009 11:27 AM
Nov 2009
They really should just make a total new anime like they hyave done with fullmetal alchemist.

i never see the point in making 26 eopisode series out of 20+ volume manga like they did with samurai deeper kyo and so many others.
Dec 14, 2009 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
I think you guys should read this topic --> LINK

Pretty much the reason why things were done the way they are done for Negima is explained.

I'd love a manga TV series but I'm also afraid of them messing things up >_>.
Dec 16, 2009 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
Voted yes. The more Asuna the better!

As long as the animation isn't too crappy, and they actually stick to the story unlike XEBEC did with MSN, then I'd love too see it animated. Anything derived from my favorite manga story interests me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 4 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Aug 17, 2010

44 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 28, 2022 12:04 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

Lindle - Jan 29, 2011

5 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 11:25 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Skyway - Nov 16, 2009

61 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 10:33 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mouhitotsu no Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Skyway - Sep 15, 2009

77 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 8:03 AM

» Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

bakakubi - May 21, 2010

40 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Dec 5, 2019 3:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.