Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2009 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. So that was terrible. They didn't bother to make an complete ending, and Haruka's motivations for being "evil" were totally ridiculous. And then of course, after building anticipation for Akira in his Rei form, it only lasted for a couple of seconds, and was executed in the most cliche fashion. But what I think really bothered me is Akira and his interactions with everyone. I don't believe for a second that he cares about anyone. The way he was talking to Kengo after he saved his life was infuriatingly awkward. It would have been one thing if it had been played off as a joke they way it had been in previous episodes, but it totally seemed like he was serious about his childhood friend dying to save his life. But then he doesn't want to kill anyone and gets Shirogane killed in the process fighting the butler.

Looking back, while they were spending so much time with useless filler, they could have had Akira upgrade to Rei, or at least shown it once before; laid the groundwork for Haruka being evil; built up the actual plot in the show; and made Kengo and that other girl more useful, because in the end, they amounted to nothing.

I had to drop it 2 points for this ending.
2/10

Apr 13, 2009 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
Wow at least someone besides me bothered to watch this through to the final ep. I only did so out of sheer boredom, not that this anime even alleviated any of it, and to see Akira in his Rei form. What a let down with the few seconds it lasted.

Apr 13, 2009 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
You know what I thought when I saw Akira's Rei form?

"I don't think I've seen anyone in Bleach with a scythe."

Which brings me back to my initial thoughts on this show that it was a yaoi fangirl's deluded retelling of Bleach.
Apr 13, 2009 8:47 PM

Jan 2009
But where's the yaoi? It might have made it a better watch if it contained any :P

As for my initial impression, I was reminded of Blood +. That impression obviously didn't last long.

Apr 14, 2009 4:44 AM

Jan 2008
This is the best show i've ever seen...

Apr 14, 2009 8:20 AM

Sep 2007
;_; Need moar Akira in Rei form!
There wasn't even a really good & clear screen-cappable Rei form moment.

I didn't dislike the overall series as much as some....
....but that ending was a little of a bummer...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 14, 2009 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
Way to fail, Monochrome Factor. D:
Apr 15, 2009 2:24 PM
Nov 2008
It seemed like they saved all the good stuff in this series for these last three episodes and yet they managed to fail so hard with the ending... good job!-.-

And also, I really wanted to see akira and shirogane get together :P that would have made this anime somewhat worth watching!
Apr 16, 2009 2:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well the Rei Form looked pretty good compared to everything else in the series. Oh well, glad it's over. 3/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 16, 2009 5:07 AM

Jan 2009
Me liked this whole series. Me disturbed by kiss of Shirognae and Akira only. Rest is ok. Shadow references, mythology with supernatural, comedy, action, special effects and story were ok and no prob for me. Ai shonen was weird but not so bad.

Best part and Akira is "King of Light" more to me is a balancer to Homurabi.

All this was too intense and crazy. Me think is too crammed. Better explanations would be better.

Finally I hope to see season 2 where they kill Homurabi with Ruru.
Apr 18, 2009 8:18 PM

Dec 2008
Well.. Yay for it finally being subbed! I'm sort of disappointed though. I feel like they dragged everything out and then crammed all the interesting stuff into the last few episodes. Despite that, I'm still looking forward to a second season! Hopefully they will put a little more thought into it. My favorite part of this anime would have to be the relationship between Akira and Shirogane. That and Kengo's stupidly cuteness. ;p

AkiraXShirogane kiss~

May 20, 2009 9:03 AM

Aug 2007
Death to Ainex subs with switching type-setters, translators, etcetera. Anyhow, I hope it will be finished with something like a small season or an OVA or something. Rei Akira win. Yes, Monochrome Factor definitely isn't the best season, but come on: it's not the worst thing. The whole thing with ''I'm counting on you'' was incredibly cheesy and cliché, that was the worst thing of the last episodes. Hopefully more royal Shirogane if there's a sequel coming... But I guess that's a no.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 22, 2009 10:52 AM
May 2007
They should have shown Homurabi more. He reminds me of Axel from Kingdom Hearts, but with longer hot hair! I wish there will be a 2nd season somehow. It's possible that Shirogane is alive - my favorite. Lulu and Homurabi are out there planning for a new storm maybe?

2nd kiss was <3
May 26, 2009 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
I hope there's a sequel or something..the end was so hanging!!
Lulu have been at least killed! Since killing Hamurabi would also destroy the balance of shadow and light oh but then there's Shirogane to replace him as king.. the ending really gave me a lot of ???

All I know is that it was worth the watch anyway..Kengo was worth the laugh!lol! ^__^

May 29, 2009 9:59 PM

Oct 2007
Imai said:
I hope there's a sequel or something..

God. please. no.

I usually don't bother rating things I wouldn't watch again but this series takes the cake 2/10
Jun 4, 2009 12:11 AM

Oct 2007
I loved the anime , made me laugh and time went by fast, what disappointed me was that all that thing was for nothing, id expected a super cool battle, akira fighting the shadow king in his rei form, more explanation on haruka. It had that WTF moments which i liked but the ending -.-" and the biggest bad guy like technically retreated, giving them time to heal...ain't he the bad guy? he should take advantage of that. what this series needed to be better was 1-3 episodes more for more explanation and badassness.

P.S : I LOVED the yaoi hints :D
Jun 14, 2009 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
i do wonder why i watched this to the very end. urgh. i agree with all you other ppl, the kiss WAS cute :)
but omg, give more of the rei form! it was cool, but yer, 3 seconds is not enough.

its disappointing, this series had the potential to be great. if it had cut down on the 'filler-like' eps and focused more on the character backstories (like this shadow king guy? he came in the last minute)

overall, 3/10 for whole series. and thats generous.

Jun 21, 2009 9:58 AM

May 2008
I'm kind of disappointed...I like tought that there will be more Shirogane x Akira ..
I kind of liked Akiras rei form^^But really ,I wanted to see it LONGER!
I wish that there will be season 2..Because I want to see that bad guy(I already forgot his name XD)get killed and Ruru too!!And then more shiroganexakira action..
Like really:S:S
They'll better make it or else ...
Sep 23, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
SH**! Im really disapointed! wat a let down, and I though tat akira and shirogane would have a happy ending (someway)! Im really unsatisfy with this ep. i hope a sequel would come out of it.
Sep 27, 2009 9:34 AM

Oct 2008
well, i felt that the kiss between shiro & akira was there to get the viewers to believe that there might be more smexy scenes in the following episodes. but apparently, there's NOT.
Boooohooo. :'(
Is this really shonen-ai?
Sighzzzzzzzz.
If there's really a season 2, it had better be good. :/
Like what most of u peeps had said, the last few eps was good. & then, they abruptly ended. It's like.. What the H.
Strangely, the mastermind is actually a non-existent character in the manga -- Haruka!
woof woof. :3)
An apple a day keeps my constipation away.
Mar 24, 2010 7:32 PM

Jun 2007
This series was really hard to watch. It's taken a span of 2 years for me to finally complete this piece of crap. There was just too much wrong with the series as a whole. I guess it also doesn't help that I hated it after the first episode lol.
May 4, 2010 5:33 PM

Jan 2010
nooooo T-T
whyyy shirogane & akira are separated.
& back to peaceful life?
i quite liked both of them together.
Homubari should be the one who was banished! D:<
Jun 21, 2010 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
Finally this crap is over.
It was terrible. Every single episode was freaking terrible. Gods..
Jun 24, 2010 12:20 PM
May 2010
Well. I was just shocked how fast they went from 21 to 24. 20 was just an ordinary. then all the sudden, they started to fight 21, 22. somewhere there. And the last three episode is final battle. I thought, okay? Why rush it? Did they realize that oh shit, they only have three left and rushed through it. What about all these fun times theyve shared in the first 20 episodes. A bit odd that the weight of angst is so heavy on its end.

Nevertheless, I found this anime to be a lot fun but the ending could be improved A LOT. By the way. I'm confused about Shirogane. We don't know if he's dead or doing something in the exiled world?
Aug 18, 2010 9:01 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
8/10.... but so unfinished -.- which kinda let me down...
Oct 11, 2010 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
Sigh I cried D: when Haru-chan did... and I don't even know why. T^T did it have to end?
I hope there'll be a season 2
The animer itself is mediocre
but I Loved The Characters and I'm Hooked lol
Though I don't really want to try the manga. I Really Liked Haru Shiro And Aki
Dec 18, 2010 6:56 PM

Aug 2009
It was worth watching because of Kou<3
I hope there'll be a season 2, this end was terrible, those last three epis were boring indeed.
I guess I'll start reading the manga.
Dec 26, 2010 4:19 AM

Apr 2007
vanglak said:
Well. I was just shocked how fast they went from 21 to 24. 20 was just an ordinary. then all the sudden, they started to fight 21, 22. somewhere there. And the last three episode is final battle. I thought, okay? Why rush it? Did they realize that oh shit, they only have three left and rushed through it. What about all these fun times theyve shared in the first 20 episodes. A bit odd that the weight of angst is so heavy on its end.

Nevertheless, I found this anime to be a lot fun but the ending could be improved A LOT. By the way. I'm confused about Shirogane. We don't know if he's dead or doing something in the exiled world?

vaikepois said:
8/10.... but so unfinished -.- which kinda let me down...

I liked the anime too! It was all right I gave it an 8/10. There were too many episodes where the plot didn't progress that much. In those episodes, they just fight some people possessed by kokuchi. It gets repetative after many episodes. I did notice that rapid succession of events from 21-24, but it was enjoyable since there was plot progression (for a lack of a better term). I think they had to rush the ending due to their lack of financial support, etc. I believe that the ending can't be helped. There are many anime which end this way, since they can't completely adapt to the manga. I suggest you read the manga since it is still publishing :) Haruka was made only for the anime so you may have to start from the beginning.

I thought the anime was very funny. The art was excellent, along with some fight scenes here and there. Thus, giving the series a 2 or a 3 is unfair. Even though the comedy in this anime is debatable, the art definitely is not. The sound/music was also great. When the scores of these are averaged out, they definitely do not come to a 2 or a 3. Besides, whom does a low score hurt the most? It's not like the creators are going to see it. Being too unreasonable with such a rating does not help anyone.
ZephysDec 26, 2010 4:22 AM
Jan 25, 2011 6:05 AM

Dec 2007
That smells just like a second season... >.< Hm...veeeeeeeeery disappointed :/ Though I enjoyed this...It lacked many many things and I don't really get why is it so highly rated...

6/10 though it's a little too generous of me o.O
Feb 2, 2011 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
9/10 some things really pissed me off ( like 'Sailor Moon' type transformations every episode sonce x) and the ending, I absolutely hate this ending. I want to know what happened to Shirogane and see that bastard Homurabi dying. I really hate unfinished stories...
Mar 17, 2012 3:37 AM

Sep 2008
Managed to finish watching due to a hopeful kou/haruka scenes.

Seeing awakened Rei Akira lightens me the pairing akira/shirogane. (because until now, I still find shirogane a big creep pedophile, but seeing him pair with a mature looking Light King Akira... I now approve the pair -drool-)

I give the ending 7/10. I truly love the random and simple craps they do; I'm not asking much for this series. But disappointed due to unsatisfied BL ending (was kinda hopeful).
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Dec 16, 2012 1:34 PM
Dec 2012
I'm waiting for 2nd season. The protagonist said "storm comes after the calm" which implies there will be 2nd season, no?
May 16, 2013 2:29 AM
Aug 2011
So I just learned that Haruka is an anime-only character.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
and Homurabi was supposed to be a main focus, not just a guy who had like 10 lines total.
Ugh and Ruru escaped, what the shit man?

I definitely liked some of the humor especially in the beginning but everything just started going downhill about halfway through.
I'm okay with episodic stuff but some of that comedy was forced and not as entertaining.

I don't even how to rate this show.
When I laughed I genuinely laughed but this was always generic and at times pretty darn terrible.
It deserves point for really entertaining me at times but then it pissed me off too. So yeah idk.

Oh and another light beam blocked kiss, how pathetic.
This ain't no panty shot GTFO outta here with those light censors.

noteDhero said:
But what I think really bothered me is Akira and his interactions with everyone. I don't believe for a second that he cares about anyone. The way he was talking to Kengo after he saved his life was infuriatingly awkward. It would have been one thing if it had been played off as a joke they way it had been in previous episodes, but it totally seemed like he was serious about his childhood friend dying to save his life.

This post is old as hell but I agree. Akira was a dick like 99% of the time.
I know I kept complaining about Aya being annoying and her harrasing Kengo.
Now that I think about it Akira was at least 10x worse because unlike Aya, Kengo and Akira are supposed to childhood friends.
You'd think their bond would be deeper.
As far as the anime goes, Akira is an awful character.
standMay 16, 2013 2:44 AM
Mar 5, 2014 5:36 PM

Sep 2013
As an overall the series had it's nice comedy moments, but no kidding, this episode was bad and I disliked it for many reasons.
First of all Haruka didn't had any real reason for doing what he did and later cry all over Akira, also the fight between Aya and Ruru was like "oh yeah, let's put those two together and make Aya appears like she won without any true fighting in-between, that should do"
And for last: I have seen many bad guys with "good" reasons as to why they won't finish the good guys when they can....but this guy completely had them under his control and then says "later" with no reason to do that!! BS!!
Oct 19, 2018 5:36 AM

Jul 2008
This series was horrible. 2/10.
Mar 26, 2019 12:08 AM

Apr 2017
So Haruka was anime filler and the encounter between Kou Aki and Kengo was never showed to us
Aug 18, 2022 3:54 AM
Dec 2021
absolute trash anime. trash trash trash. fucking shit disgrace anime.
Sep 6, 2023 1:47 AM
Jul 2021
This episode was a total and complete insult to us the viewers!🤬🤬

They kicked us all in our family jewels, low blow studio behind this project, very low blow!🤬🤬

After 24 episodes of building up for Akira "true form" it finally appears, just for it to last a couple of seconds on screen!🤬🤬

Haruka's motivations for being "evil" were totally ridiculous.

And of course last but not least. "The ending" what ending?!🤬🤬 There isn't one! Gotta love this old shows thinking that they were going to have a second season, or something😂🤬

Because of these reasons and others during the show run, what could have been a 7 or maybe an 8 anime ends up being a 5 or even a 4.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 18 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 28, 2009

6 by Dawizz »»
Sep 1, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 26, 2008

7 by Dawizz »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:39 AM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 16 Discussion

LoveCute - Jan 2, 2009

7 by Dawizz »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 6 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 6, 2008

10 by Dawizz »»
Aug 24, 2023 12:05 AM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

suusuu - Apr 8, 2008

59 by WolfWood37 »»
Oct 10, 2018 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.