Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2007 9:24 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, crazy episode. A lot is revealed about Amasawa's brother. I feel sorry for her, going through all she did, and to find out she was only being used, then being betrayed in the end.
Nov 25, 2007 7:26 AM

Aug 2007
OMG - this show only gets better and better.
That with the brother shocked me too, because I never was expecting something like this. And I heared, that the next episodes only have more plottwists than the others before.
I also like very much the drama aspect of this series. I really fealed sorry for Isako now beeing bullied at school and beeing used by someone, and what happened with Densuke? Is he dying? Why this memorial thing?

If there only would be more anime like this.
GladiusNov 25, 2007 7:52 AM
Nov 25, 2007 12:13 PM

Jun 2007
very intensive episode!
looks like Fumie's brother is going to be 1 of the important characters in story after all.
Gladius said:
and what happened with Densuke? Is he dying? Why this memorial thing?

indeed i wonder the same, wth "buy memorial?" @.@
Nov 26, 2007 1:03 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, this show just got better (if only I could give it an 11!) and I love the plot twist here. It was confusing at first since it's been such a long time since I've seen ep 20 but it was great anyway. A little hesitant about watching it at first since it wasn't subbed by Ureshii but I don't think it's too bad.
Nov 29, 2007 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
this is just superb,storytelling at its best.
how the mighty have fallen,who thought they'd ever feel sorry for Isako when they were watching the early episodes?I sure didn't.I hated her guts,and now i just want to hug her lol.
all for fun.fun for all
Dec 13, 2007 3:10 AM

Apr 2007
was going to wait for ureshii to release all eps, but what the heck, im watch 21 and 22 now.

Denno coil really is going to be my fav anime of the year at this rate. Loved it to bits, and yay for not having to wait forever for ep 22 ^^, got it right here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2009 9:06 AM

Sep 2008
totoum said:
this is just superb,storytelling at its best.

This truly is storytelling at its best. This anime, as others have pointed out, just keeps feeling better. I feel terrible for Isako. And I wonder what's up with the circles that Haraken drew? Yasako seemed to know -something- about it, since she seemed hesitant to reply when Tamako asked if she had any ideas about it. Who's this Sosuke character though? Not Nekome's last/first name or anything, right? How is Nekome tied up in this anyhow? And were the ones waiting for Takeru that group of boys who picked on Yasako/were picking on Isako in this ep? So many questiooons. Is Megamass behind it all? And of course, to whom does that pink Micet belong?!
Jul 17, 2010 10:39 AM

Jul 2009
OMG things goes crazy. I was shocked... Poor Isako. All turns against her ;_;
Really soul crushingly ep for me, because I like Amasawa... But somehow I was hope that Yasako and Isako will be together. And that's come true ^^
Aug 28, 2010 9:39 PM

Dec 2008
those bastard kids, they're really mean bullying isako that way, and everybody else are idiots for believing the rumors >.<
but yasako sticks by isako!!!! \o/
maybe they'll finally be friends? *-*
Mar 3, 2011 1:32 AM
Jul 2010
First episode of this I watched in a while, and wow... I forgot how boring it's become, even for a kids show. Only 5 more episodes, but I don't know if it's worth going through Yasako's melodramatic Haraken crap. Hopefully Isako rips offs SE Lain and rewrites this show's reality to have a plot worth following
Apr 29, 2011 11:46 PM

Oct 2009
Ugh, I feel so bad for Isako. ;_;
Jul 2, 2011 10:13 AM

Nov 2007
totoum said:
how the mighty have fallen,who thought they'd ever feel sorry for Isako when they were watching the early episodes?I sure didn't.I hated her guts,and now i just want to hug her lol.
I know exactly what you mean. I was utterly convinced, that no matter what sort of sad backstory they gave her, I wouldn't stop hating her, but what's happening now just makes me feel terrible for her =/

Hope things turn around and that Sousuke gets caught.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 21, 2011 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
"the armageddon was here?" xD

sad episode indeed, yasako should be more decise if she really want to become isako's friend, and all those brats showing the worst of human kind

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 2, 2012 11:46 AM

Nov 2010
Honestly.. that is the most cruel thing to do to a kid...
Those people were toying with her emotions. That is just so unforgivable...
I honestly teared up. To be used and abused like that...
I never would have expected this.
Jul 25, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2009
Dafuq? You have got to be kidding me.
Aug 5, 2012 6:53 PM

Oct 2010
Was all that Isako thought about her brother a lie? Is anything Sasuo (is that his name? I really am terrible. >.>) says the truth? Is anywhere safe from this new and powerful threat, the Cube-Kun's, now that they can enter even holy places!? Find out next time on Dennou Coil Z!
Sep 1, 2012 6:00 AM

Oct 2009
Isako :'(

I hope its not true..
Sep 3, 2013 6:53 AM
Apr 2012
gah!

so the show went from energetic kids running around and causing virtual mayhem to creepy cyber undeads to this! I am not emotionally prepared for this -__-;

and how dare they cheapen Isako's superpowers (encoding) by letting those punks use them too. Its not fair. Fell sorry for her for the hate she is getting for reasons yet to be fully revealed.

also Densuke... I new something was up the way Granny was looking at him... lets see whats going to happen...
Sep 7, 2013 8:42 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was awesome, not as awesome as the past few but oh well, cannot wait to finish this series, I don't know what to expect. : O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2012
Wow that turned nasty! I never know what to expect in this show!
Feb 26, 2014 7:40 AM

May 2012
Crazy development! I really like where this is going!
Jun 14, 2014 9:49 AM
Apr 2013
Whoa plot twist!!

(not that I understood the plot before)
Aug 19, 2014 3:29 PM

Mar 2014
TheHoudhini said:
gah!

so the show went from energetic kids running around and causing virtual mayhem to creepy cyber undeads to this!

My thoughts exactly.
I liked it when the show was more grounded in reality (despite the advanced technology).

All of this mystical mumbo jumbo over the past few episodes is really taking me out of it. It's just making me not like the story as much as I did in the beginning.
::End of Transmission::

Jun 16, 2015 1:59 PM
Aug 2012
Poor Isako( She is pushed to her hard times and I hope she will pass through and Ysako will help her
Jul 14, 2015 1:03 AM

Jul 2013
I do wonder whether they managed to wrap this up adequately in five episodes. Not a fan of when villain has to spout exposition like they did in this episode.
May 10, 2016 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
How can things get any worse for her.
Mar 13, 2017 8:18 PM
Aug 2014
Guess that explains how Isako was able to do all she has been doing and why there weren't more people working to get rid of the black space. The company that created the glasses needed a fall guy.

Not sure if her brother is dead or not now. Yasako and Fumie's brother saw him too afterall, but if they were wearing glasses at the time it might not have been real.
Jun 1, 2017 2:23 AM

Jul 2008
Somehow I think Isako is being thrown for a loop here, Souske is behind it I'm sure.

And Densuke....oh crap.
May 25, 2018 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
The twist with the empty hospital room was already teased when Isakos relative was telling her that her brother isn't anymore.

She had it really tough this episode :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2019 3:35 PM
Aug 2018
Who was that "Sachiko" person again? The one that Yuuko "Isako" Amasawa's aunt mentioned to her.

And who is Sosuke? Was he Isako's superior?

Wow and who is that new "law" supervillain that can even enter the shrines?
tr25a3Jan 29, 2019 3:47 PM
Feb 17, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
If they kill the dog I'm calling the police.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 10, 2021 8:16 PM

Jul 2017
An amazing little episode that had some pretty quality plot twists and revelations while still having many intriguing questions/elements that are yet to be resolved yet. Isako might not have been the nicest person on earth but she had her reasons and her intense trust issues, particularly after being lonely without her brother, but all her hope and hard work over this series just was shattered by the betrayal of Sousuke. Damn that hurts for her. On top of that given how she was teased/exposed to some degree, now her classmates and most of the school don't want anything to do with her (including Fumie), or for some people, want to bully her out. Only Yasako's wanting to be on her side throughout even all of this. These 5 episodes if executed well will be mental.
Apr 16, 2022 5:44 AM

Feb 2021
I guess it was part of a bigger plan this whole time
Jun 20, 2022 11:55 PM

Jan 2010
So now we have corporate/government conspiracies, where Isako is getting framed for all the disappearances, faintings, deaths, and various structural and network damages throughout the city. I initially assumed that other Micet was owned by Fumie since its initial appearance was coupled with Fumie claiming that she was reverse spying on Akira. The pink Micet appearance in this episode was also coupled with Fumie telling Yasako to ignore Isako, blaming all manner of incidents on her. However, apparently the pink Micet belongs to either Nekome or some other Megamass agent? I mean, unless Fumie is somehow a Megamass agent, but that would be way too wild of a leap.
Oct 4, 2022 6:58 PM

Jan 2020
Too bad all this is happening to a character I really don't care for: Amasawa. I don't feel like she's ever particularly been redeemed, and she's been nothing but uppity. If anything, I'm fine with her getting knocked down a few pegs. I'm sure Yasuko is going to end up saving her anyway. For as ominous as this show comes off, nothing particularly bad has permanently happened to anyone. I figured at least one of the main characters would've died by now.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 21, 2023 4:14 PM

Jan 2014
Woaaa I thought I knew what was going on but this is a plot twist I did not see coming O.o

and I might’ve missed this but who’s sosuke? I thought she was working with the black haired guy (nezome or something)

Also is that pet SENTIENT lol??? Or is someone like remote controlling it

Please lord don’t let them kill densuke T.T that dog has been stressing me out since day 1 he’s always in some kind of danger whyyyy
laputiaJan 21, 2023 4:22 PM
May 14, 2023 3:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad to see Densuke about to die and Isako being bullied but the last part was much worse, what's going to happen to her... I wonder :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.