Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2009 12:32 AM

Sep 2008
Siva said:
MistressMorbid said:
Hmm, anyone else notice a drop in quality? =/

I know it's usually bound to happen, shows give it their all for the premiere episode..but still, it's kind of disappointing.

Also, the fact that Guin's mouth doesn't exactly move to his speaking annoys me while watching. -.-
It is not really that much of a disappointing with this much of quality as long as you got a great story.

And about Guin's mouth, you just have to think that there is a speaker inside his mouth :D

i'm not saying it's a big deal, i would just like to see the gore. The animation is great though and seems like we are in for a very good story.
Apr 26, 2009 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
Siva said:
velcom said:
SLiK said:
velcom said:
i really liked this episode, some great action, interesting way its going. Some awesome character design such as Guin, Vanon and his troops armour. Awesome animation.

I was a bit annoyed it was censored a lot though. Oh well atleast the fights are still cool.

Censored? How so?

the fact when anything that would have blood being shown they would show like the back of.
LOL you never know where did Guin stab the ape.

It was shown. Guin stabbed the ape from the top of his skull.

EDIT: Seeing Guin's mouth moving seemingly random reminds me of Kuze.
DeadBonesBrookApr 26, 2009 7:33 AM
Apr 26, 2009 9:57 AM

Oct 2007
SLiK said:

Pic or it won't happened. And don't tell me it was the way you think so.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 26, 2009 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
You young guns need to pay more attention.

EDIT: Pic below -

If he stabbed him anywhere else, like the neck, the sword would be much closer to his body.

DeadBonesBrookApr 26, 2009 10:58 AM
Apr 26, 2009 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
Siva said:
SLiK said:

Pic or it won't happened. And don't tell me it was the way you think so.

Well it's kind of obvious that he stabbed him in the head. The shot shows Guin straddled on the ape's shoulders and then goes to him thrusting the sword downwards. The only thing down is the ape's head which is between his legs. Sure they may not show the actual shot of the sword impaling the skull, but with any sort of deduction you can easily tell that's where the killing blow landed.
Apr 26, 2009 12:40 PM

Oct 2007
MistressMorbid said:
Sure they may not show the actual shot of the sword impaling the skull.

That is the point of my statement.

@SLiK: your pic did not really proved your statement. It is just your imagine that make you think the sword is actually stabbed the ape from the top of his skull.
What if I say the ape was looking upward rather than forward at the last moment, can you prove that I am wrong with a pic that actual shot of the sword impaling the skull?

Apr 26, 2009 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
Just because you don't have a clear shot doesn't mean you have to think otherwise. Guin is sitting on his neck. He could not have stabbed anywhere else on the ape due to his position. I'd like for you to explain where else Guin could attack based on his position sitting on the ape's neck.

Why the neck? Why anywhere else for that matter? Going for the skull is the best logical choice for finishing it off. You cease function of the brain. Instead of asking for photographical evidence, defend your point why Guin would stab anywhere else based on his position on the gray ape.
Apr 26, 2009 6:15 PM

Oct 2007
LOL Fine, I will stop fooling around. I am kind of boring recently so I just want to have some fun and nothing is serious about my statement or it does even matter to the story. Sorry if I made you take it seriously.

Apr 27, 2009 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
Don't waste my time again.
Apr 27, 2009 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
i think you missed my point. It was clear he stabbed the ape in the head/neck. What i was saying is that it appears that anything in this show that is gory is not shown properly. eg. censored. Was just saying i was a little annoyed about it but it doesen't affect my enjoyment of this show really at all.
Apr 28, 2009 11:14 PM

Jun 2008
This was definitely an awesome episode. The 26 episodes still seems a little too short. Meh, we'll see.
Apr 29, 2009 7:17 AM

Jul 2008
This is probably just the first season/arc. We will most probably get a lot seasons of this, if it doesn't become fail.

A shame tough that a lot of people either don't watch this great show or they just give it low grades for being a fantasy anime, not even watching the first episode.
May 2, 2009 6:18 PM

Jul 2008
gameoffreak8 said:
That was awesome episode as I expected, and this series grew on me. The plot is much better, obviously.
yup the episode is pretty good^^
Aug 2, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode. this is the sort of fantasy I'm always looking for in anime, but sadly fantasy is a genre that gets the wrong end of the stick by anime fans and industry.

Soulstrider said:
Actually the background drumming is one of my favorite aspects and for some reason this op reminded me of The Elder Scrolls

lol yea, when the music started I thoughted they were going to completely rip off elder scrolls, hehe.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 22, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Guin is such a bro, protecting the twins for honor. Too bad beasts like him always get judged wrongly these days.
Nov 3, 2016 12:12 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, that was the most dull OP I've listened to recently, it's like they barely tried.
Couldn't the giant ape just jump out of there and escape? I mean, it's not that high...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 17, 2018 4:18 AM

Feb 2015
I liked the fight scene between Guin and the ape, new character seems interesting.
Apr 20, 2018 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh just kill the brother already. Would improve the show instantly.
Aug 7, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2018
That grey ape was rough to beat good that Orro was the only 'fair' one there. Istavan seems like a good guy, hard to imagine he will be tougher than the grey ape tho :p
Aug 19, 2023 7:45 PM
Aug 2016
Surprising to see the man win the combat. Realistic that they got caught. Obvisouly they dont know the power of Porros. But if the Lord wants to know information and investigate, why not investigate also the half - best men, Guin?
Yet we have to know the reason behind the attack to Parros, and hows that Parros didnt have anything similar to a defense...
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

May 2021
Talk about drop in quality. Wow. From great first episode to complete mess in second where things happen just because.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 24, 2009

16 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.