Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Wanted! Chapter 2 Discussion

Apr 11, 2009 7:38 PM

THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Weird..... Indeed a masterpiece in its own way but it was weird to read a story in such a different take... This chapter definitely brought me some memories from Death Note.... It was pretty much as Death Note but with a comedic twist..... Good enough to really consider the author as outstanding mangaka.... DN = WANTED! Ch. 2 XD

Maybe this chapter was an inspiration for Ohba-san ideas for Death Note.... Who knows XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 22, 2009 9:49 PM

Awesome, Eiichiro Oda fuckin Rullz, i really loved the story, it's like one piece + death note by the way the story was very original.

Apr 8, 2010 4:16 PM

Now I know what was Death Note's origin. Eiichiro Oda had some seriously magnificent projects before he became One Piece's author and "God's Gift For the Future" is certainly one of them.

Apr 24, 2010 5:24 AM
lol i agree with rebwaters this was most probably what inspired the masterpiece that is Death Note.

Jul 16, 2010 9:24 PM

much better than chapter one, really enjoyed it both character and plot wise, the end was very epic and God was the man
RtheO

Nov 30, 2010 7:57 PM

God Note is much more powerful then a mere deathnote.

Dec 5, 2011 12:06 PM
Sabinlerose said:
God Note is much more powerful then a mere deathnote.

word

Jan 14, 2014 1:04 PM

First story was nice, I loved this one. Like everyone else, my mind jumped to memories of Death Note but unlike the rest, I even felt a bit of early Yu Yu Hakusho here. Bran was a great character & so was God to a lesser extent. The humor was solid and I loved the conclusion featuring the precursor to Sanji's "Shitty Geezer" in there. Great stuff, hope the rest continues along this line.

Jun 30, 2014 4:41 AM

I actually really enjoyed this one. Definitely did get some Death Note vibes, only this was able to be used in order to save people as well. What an irresponsible God, btw.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 3, 2016 4:06 PM

Saving the child damn nice. Reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 10, 3:06 PM

I found this story so well written, clever and funny all at the same time. Oda is a great writer.

I liked when God was explaining about his special pen and Bran just started walking away xD I would love this to be animated (I don’t think it is, although I’ll be over the moon if I’m wrong)