Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2009 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
To get things active here...

I LOVED IT!!! Everything about it. The characters, the comedy, just everything. This will defineately be one of the amazing anime of this season or even year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 10, 2009 10:46 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked the character design since it was the same as in Honey & Clover. And the opening, English ! And when I continued watching it I noticed that the humour was great and characters aswell. Akira was the best ! 8D

Probably my second favorite from this season : >

Apr 10, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
Well without a doubt Eden has great potential, but also it could be a very predictable plot. Who knows? It was just the first episode. And aswell the character desing reminds me of Honey and Clover. I loved the intro, OASIS is damn awesome, the ending not so much, theres nothing much to talk about it since is just an apple standing there. I dunno why but i hate Akira character design, something about his hair... nose, I DONT HAVE A FUCKING IDEA of why but it annoys me, I like Saki's personality despite of beeing a bit stereotypical it has is own unique good points.

The ending of the chapter intrigued me as hell. Im definetly expecting a lot from Eden. This wasn't on my 'I must see this season', now it is.

The ones im very close this seasons are (in order). Spice and Wolf II, Hanasakeru Seishounen, Eden and Phantom. I have droped a lot of crap for this season like Pandora, Basquash, Cross Game, Birdy, Ristorante, Basara, Etc.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 10, 2009 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
It surpassed my expectations.

I wasn't expecting the comedy, but that just made it even better, the plot is intriguing and interesting, it's really easy to get attached to the character personalities, specially Akira, the oppening and ending are amazing, i love the contrast of the english and japanese, definitely one of the best animes this year.
Apr 11, 2009 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
i really like the animation...the humor is actually humorous and original (also random)...the story is original and interesting...AMERICA! Woohoo!!!

Apr 16, 2009 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
The one problem I see with Eden is that it's a show that appeals to a wide audience. Library Wars had the same idea by combining an inventive political scenario with romance, but it's execution made it a case of being a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none.

Otherwise, the writing is excellent and is filled with much wit and charm. I only hope that it can maintain that same quality throughout the entire show.
removed-userApr 16, 2009 9:20 PM
Apr 17, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
LOL. Appealing to a wide audience is a Good thing...if it can pull it off. I think that's the beauty of Cowboy Bebop and shounen shows like that.

---
Anyway thought it was charming.

The censored penis showing is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long long long time.
The humor and lightness was so great I was like smiling the whole time... Taxi Driver and Bourne references were cool. Character designs are great. I started watching H&C because of it.

The english speaking vas meant a lot too lol. It shouldn't but it did. Same for the intro song.

Best thing was the designs and mood though. When the characters in the show look really angsty and like they're crying all the time I don't really like it. I like how this has an upbeat(?) mood instead.
hznuApr 17, 2009 2:58 PM
Apr 17, 2009 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
robosapien said:
LOL. Appealing to a wide audience is a Good thing...if it can pull it off. I think that's the beauty of Cowboy Bebop and shounen shows like that.

I don't think that appealing to a wide audience is ever a bad thing. Whenever those type of shows manage to succeed, it's usually the result of some really tight execution.

I mean.. just look at Eden. It has character designs from the mangaka that did H&C, a handsome and quick-witted male lead, has a Bourne Trilogy type plot, and some romance. Of course, Cowboy Bebop didn't fix itself into one particular element, and it turned out for the better.
removed-userApr 18, 2009 12:26 AM
Apr 18, 2009 10:37 AM

Jun 2008
Insania said:
robosapien said:

I don't think that appealing to a wide audience is ever a bad thing. Whenever those type of shows manage to succeed, it's usually the result of some really tight execution.

I mean.. just look at Eden. It has character designs from the mangaka that did H&C, a handsome and quick-witted male lead, has a Bourne Trilogy type plot, and some romance. Of course, Cowboy Bebop didn't fix itself into one particular element, and it turned out for the better.

I see where you were going though. You mean if they include random lolis put in scenes with gore, etc. etc. just to get points or what?

If that, yeah I get that that sucks. This is different.

I just think it's cool to appeal to a mass audience without doing the things I said. Rather than just appealing to one thing...like angsty teenagers, elitists, etc.
hznuApr 18, 2009 10:40 AM
Apr 18, 2009 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
This is exactly the type of anime I love. I was so happy, I didn't even know what to expect. I saw the first episode three times and still got a good laugh, and wanting more. It's the beeest of the season <3
Apr 24, 2009 5:10 AM

Oct 2008
I didn't expect much but it turned out to be an awesome anime :D
love it^^

Jun 3, 2009 4:42 PM

Oct 2008
First impression..

*laugh*
Jun 8, 2009 11:52 AM
May 2008
this is freaking awesome
Jun 9, 2009 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it was awesome. Everything was unique and everything got me hooked instantly. It kept me trying to figure out just what the heck was going on. xD
Jun 9, 2009 3:53 AM

Apr 2009
The one thing i love about eden, is the use of the word Johnny!
I didnt think it would be that good.

Jul 22, 2009 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
After I watched the trailer,I was soo in love with this anime.I wited till it was finished,started watching and...was disappointed somewhere around the second episode xD I mean,I heard so many people praising it!However,I understood what they meant after the third or the fourth episode.Higashi is without a doubt the best anime this season ^_^
Sep 22, 2009 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
Great anime- loved the storyline
waiting for the movie!x3
>333
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 13, 2009 9:30 PM

Oct 2009
I fell in love and was hooked from the first episode. This is definitely a "show to show everyone". I've showed it to so many people, anime fans and non fans alike, and they all loved it.
Oct 29, 2009 3:52 AM

Oct 2009
A truly interesting and different anime that just might be my favorite of all time. I loved everything about it from the start; the characters, the animation, the plot.. all of it was very well done. I'm looking forward to the movie =)
Dec 26, 2009 10:11 AM
Jan 2009
my friend told me a loooong time ago the plot and i thought it wasnt that good, but then i finally thought "hey why not watch it, i have the time" and from the m oment i started watching it, i was amazed! with the first 4 espisodes the thought "hey this is almost as good as DN!" and coming from me that means a lot cuz after watching DN, i got more picky with what i like to watch- it has to be extremely good for me to get invloved- and eden was one of them!!!xD
Apr 24, 2010 7:49 PM

Jun 2009
Aaah I nearly fell out of my chair, that's how much I liked it!
the first 5 minutes took me away from this world =)
Jan 2, 2011 4:11 PM

Jan 2010
Great opening theme. Oh, and look, a naked man.

Of course I was interested.
Jul 11, 2012 12:38 AM

Jul 2012
I thought it was REALLY good, When I watched it I couldn't get enough of it!! The art is beautiful and the voice actors Japanese & English were both good. *^^* I wish it lasted more......I was so in love with it. >w<
Jul 11, 2012 12:41 AM

Jul 2012
holypoop said:
Great opening theme. Oh, and look, a naked man.

Of course I was interested.

That was the funniest thing in the beginning, seeing Akira walk out naked xD and they blocked it out with a white dot. hehe.I agree on the opening I liked. <3 c:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Higashi no Eden / Eden of the East member cards ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

desolato - Apr 24, 2009

455 by banished4eva »»
May 17, 2015 1:55 AM

» How would you use 10 billion yen to change the world?

Jugulator645 - Dec 25, 2011

1 by ultimateninjax »»
Nov 17, 2012 9:59 PM

Poll: » Romance?

sugarplumfairy - Apr 10, 2009

16 by PeachyReimi »»
Jul 11, 2012 12:44 AM

» higashi no eden dubbed

sparky - Jul 29, 2010

2 by artist-retired »»
Dec 15, 2010 6:35 PM

» Just me - or is Akira Takizawa hawt~?

sugarplumfairy - Apr 12, 2009

29 by Black_Rose1809 »»
Mar 31, 2010 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.