Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2020 3:01 PM

Feb 2017
This is like something out of a netorare doujinshi

St0rmblade said:
The elevator speech: "If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World." It seems to be a reference to "Demian: The Story of Emil Sinclair's Youth" by Hermann Hesse.

The quote from Demian: "The bird struggles out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird then flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas."

Nice one!
Aug 5, 2020 1:06 AM

Dec 2019
I knew that Utena would have to lose a duel eventually but I was kind of shocked by how it happened. I am looking forward to seeing how Utena will win back and hopefully free Anthy!
Apr 15, 2021 11:44 PM

Jul 2016
For such a transcendent event, the fact of Utena not knowing how her dear prince looks is starting to turn into an important plot-hole to me. For some reason, she can't recall him having dark skin but she still remembers the grey hair and hairstyle so I don't get all this questioning surrounding Touga when the dude looks and most likely acts way different than her prince. So yeah... so far, it seems like a cheap and inconsistent way to have Touga winning the duel while adding some more undeserving layers to his manipulative side.
May 18, 2021 9:57 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Damsel in distress (bride) in a cage ✓
Villain voiced by Takehito Koyasu ✓
Characters wielding swords ✓

Yeah, It's ALO all over again (this shit's way better though)

The protag's first loss. Regardless of the genre, really stings
3miLMay 18, 2021 10:20 AM
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 10, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2022
I really hate this plotline right now, Utena thinking Tenjou is her prince makes absolutely no sense. If her prince really impacted her life that much you'd think she'd atleast remember the colour of his skin and hair. Like, I want to enjoy this cause it's been pretty good so far but it's difficult when they're trying to go down this route
Apr 2, 2022 3:25 AM

Feb 2021
Utena losing the duel was really unexpected
May 12, 2022 12:02 AM
Oct 2018
I really think utena is realizing that she sort of does not need a prince and she's fighting her inner dilemma over to choose her prince or anthy, utena might as well be lesbian now considering how the show has progressed so far.
Sep 3, 2022 9:55 AM
Nov 2021
I’m still confused about what the silhouettes are saying…
Sep 6, 2022 9:33 PM

May 2022
poor Utena, I really didn't expect her to lose. I hope she can find a way to break the code and turn Himemiya back to normal and not a 'Rose Bride'. how did Touga even make Utena hesitate when she had her power, I was surprised by that part. overall, great episode. Himemiya needs some friends, she can't just decide that she likes being alone, I hope things turn back around.
Sep 6, 2022 9:33 PM

May 2022
kei-Q said:
I’m still confused about what the silhouettes are saying…

same, they did some foreshadowing/symbolism but now I don't get it anymore, it feels random.
May 3, 2023 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
Oh no, what a sad episode. Touga is such a creep, why did Utena fall for his bs. Utena is forgetting her dream, she doesn't need a prince- she's supposed to be the prince! :(
Jun 12, 2023 2:20 AM
Oct 2017
I have to say I absolutely lost all trust I had in himeya ||after the great curry trip, I would never accept of someone who did body swap with me, and it got me thinking, how did she even do that? The anime wants to pass it as a gag BUT WAS NOT! Why do the school council want her so badly! That power of dios thing is not just a ritual she does, I think she has actual POWERS, and the way she shows no will on her own, wanting to be normal only if Utena wants her to be normal, and wanting to be a rose bride if that redhead jerk wants her to be one, she is probably not even human, she is like an alien or something, and I'm really weirded out by her, I do not forgive such body swap, if they hadn't found out it was normal curry, they would have stayed that way forever, they want to play me for a fool, but I'm fucking not, the student council might be bad news, but himeya is probably worse if she is not controlled, the secret is in the curry, the secret is in the curry||
Sep 3, 2023 3:23 AM
Apr 2015
i understand the plot point, but would utena really forget how someone that important to her looked?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

53 by LLG »»
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

59 by Barrou2a »»
Mar 30, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - May 2, 2009

63 by zaverix »»
Mar 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 8, 2009

77 by Superkitty21 »»
Mar 19, 9:15 PM

» Looking for a good explanation video

LoveYourEyes - Mar 19

3 by 1coolgirl2b »»
Mar 19, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.