Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: K-ON! Episode 2 Discussion


Apr 10, 2009 3:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4899
K-ON is quality slice-of-life/music/comedy brought to you by KyoAni and recommended by Jacut ;) Extremely entertaining and enjoyable, and it truly has "heart".

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Apr 10, 2009 3:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 341
Great episode full of moe if I can say that ^^ Yui is cute as ever
Anyway I can't wait to see the next episode :D

 
Apr 10, 2009 3:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 521
Anyone think one of the girls remind them of Nagisa from Clannad?
 
Apr 10, 2009 3:45 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12441
Another very funny episode, all of the girls were awesome and I laughed a lot. I saw it coming that Yui would sleep with the guitar. xD

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Apr 10, 2009 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 216
I'm already bored of this series; it needs more music! (plus there's too much moe for me D:)

Dropped for the time being, might pick it up again if it gets better.
 
Apr 10, 2009 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 334
Nice episode.. right when Yui was about to pull out the amp cord from her guitar, I literally said "NO!" out loud since I also did the same thing when I first started learning how to play lol.


I think we also got a lot of moe out of Mio as well in this episode with all the apparently "kawaii" scenes (shyness in saying Yui's name, exploding with stream (lol), etc. And you can already guess that there is going to be an episode directly related to Tsumugi's wealthy family, which is going to be really funny (maybe visit her house/mansion!?).
 
Apr 10, 2009 5:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 521
Rapidfire said:
Nice episode.. right when Yui was about to pull out the amp cord from her guitar, I literally said "NO!" out loud since I also did the same thing when I first started learning how to play lol.


I think we also got a lot of moe out of Mio as well in this episode with all the apparently "kawaii" scenes (shyness in saying Yui's name, exploding with stream (lol), etc. And you can already guess that there is going to be an episode directly related to Tsumugi's wealthy family, which is going to be really funny (maybe visit her house/mansion!?).

Why it does that?
I only played keyboard like Kotobuki.
 
Apr 10, 2009 5:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 368
Episode was okay.

I can't believe the Les Paul was bargained down to 350 dollars, jesus.
Pretty sure it'll pick up now.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
 
Apr 10, 2009 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 20
ffffff Yui was exceptionally adorable in this episode, especially when she fell asleep hugging the guitar.
 
Apr 10, 2009 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 908
Awesome anime~ ^^
so funny~
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
 
Apr 10, 2009 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 334
japanme32 said:
Rapidfire said:
Nice episode.. right when Yui was about to pull out the amp cord from her guitar, I literally said "NO!" out loud since I also did the same thing when I first started learning how to play lol.


I think we also got a lot of moe out of Mio as well in this episode with all the apparently "kawaii" scenes (shyness in saying Yui's name, exploding with stream (lol), etc. And you can already guess that there is going to be an episode directly related to Tsumugi's wealthy family, which is going to be really funny (maybe visit her house/mansion!?).

Why it does that?
I only played keyboard like Kotobuki.

I am not exactly sure, but when there is a sudden disconnect between the guitar and the amp when the amp is still on (or when you forget to put it into standby) it creates a really bad sound for a short time, something to the effect of WeauAAAHHHHHHHHHH! POP! lol It has something to do with the fact that there is still a certain amount of voltage within the amp that is released in the form of the bad burst of sound when the cord is disconnected, but I am not positively sure.
 
Apr 10, 2009 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 120
Mio and Yui WINS this episode! nuff said!

5/5

I just love KyoAni animations xD
they serve me moe and never fail me.
 
Apr 10, 2009 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 521
Rapidfire said:
japanme32 said:
Rapidfire said:
Nice episode.. right when Yui was about to pull out the amp cord from her guitar, I literally said "NO!" out loud since I also did the same thing when I first started learning how to play lol.


I think we also got a lot of moe out of Mio as well in this episode with all the apparently "kawaii" scenes (shyness in saying Yui's name, exploding with stream (lol), etc. And you can already guess that there is going to be an episode directly related to Tsumugi's wealthy family, which is going to be really funny (maybe visit her house/mansion!?).

Why it does that?
I only played keyboard like Kotobuki.

I am not exactly sure, but when there is a sudden disconnect between the guitar and the amp when the amp is still on (or when you forget to put it into standby) it creates a really bad sound for a short time, something to the effect of WeauAAAHHHHHHHHHH! POP! lol It has something to do with the fact that there is still a certain amount of voltage within the amp that is released in the form of the bad burst of sound when the cord is disconnected, but I am not positively sure.

Ok, cleared my mind a little. Interesting stuff.
 
Apr 10, 2009 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 114
Seems like i'm the only one that found this episode boring for the most part.

It's very rare that i drop an anime, but i might drop this one if it doesn't get more interesting after next episode.
 
Apr 10, 2009 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 120
This episode was so entertaining I forgot to drink my tea and was forced to drink it luke warm. >.>
 
Apr 10, 2009 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 53
fuck! I dont wanna drop this anime! this was so great!

♥ MakaAlbarn is my wife, and I really love her ♥
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 47
OMG GREAT EPISODE...

BEST SITE TO WATCH ANIME!!!!
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5424
Way better than the first. Yui was less annoying.
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 434


Apparently Fender makes Les Paul's now.
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 521
tolkki said:


Apparently Fender makes Les Paul's now.

No surprise. Guitar I wanted was also about 3000$. Was black color.
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1191
^ I don't think you really get what he means? :P

Anyway, this episode was so good! Mio-moe overdose, although the other characters were great aswell. :3
Modified by yakisobapan, Apr 10, 2009 7:46 AM
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 521
Charliehsv said:
^ I don't think you get really what he means? :P

Anyway, this episode was so good! Mio overdose, although the other characters were great aswell. :3

I did not even try. I just wanted to use the same pic. :P
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 155
Permidian said:
Seems like i'm the only one that found this episode boring for the most part.

It's very rare that i drop an anime, but i might drop this one if it doesn't get more interesting after next episode.


Nah you're not the only one. I didn't find this episode much more interesting than the first one. Still don't really know what I think of this anime so I will keep on watching, maybe it'll get better.
 
Apr 10, 2009 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 807
Mehehe, this second episode was great, i loved the way they tried to obtain money by getting jobs, definetly moe. That scene where Yui saw the double handed guitar obviusly cracked me up, i almost had a nosebleed with that as well as the bargain of Ritsu. Also i found very annoying the idea of the lack of male characters in this show, but thats just a side lowpoint. Anyway i love their all 4 personalities, very unique and realistic in their own way, really charming. Really looking forward to the next episode.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
 
Apr 10, 2009 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 201
another nice episode!
the head explosion and Mio seeing herself at different jobs and trying to say Yui's name was soooo cute ^^

 
Apr 10, 2009 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
I feel like my brain was washed on 60°C with added fabric softener.

It's a good show but all this hype is bad for the skin..
 
Apr 10, 2009 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 120
LolitaDecay said:
Way better than the first. Yui was less annoying.

But... Yui was never annoying. D:

Kvakond said:
I feel like my brain was washed on 60°C with added fabric softener.

It's a good show but all this hype is bad for the skin..

I really wonder why people even care about the hype of a show.... oh well...
 
Apr 10, 2009 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1830
Can't wait till she actually plays the goddamn guitar!
 
Apr 10, 2009 8:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 12
s0mething said:
I didn't find this episode much more interesting than the first one. Still don't really know what I think of this anime so I will keep on watching, maybe it'll get better.


Same for me...For a slice of life anime it feels remarkably uneventful and boring. The moeshit factor is just way too high, but I can bear it for a while. I don't want to drop it yet though. I really just want to see them play some actual music before I even think about doing that. The animation quality was actually a little bit better this episode than previous, but still not great.
 
Apr 10, 2009 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2267
Selpher said:
s0mething said:
I didn't find this episode much more interesting than the first one. Still don't really know what I think of this anime so I will keep on watching, maybe it'll get better.

Same for me...For a slice of life anime it feels remarkably uneventful and boring. The moeshit factor is just way too high, but I can bear it for a while. I don't want to drop it yet though. I really just want to see them play some actual music before I even think about doing that. The animation quality was actually a little bit better this episode than previous, but still not great.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm quite neutral on this overall; still waiting for the club to get a bit more situated.

oh, these little earthquakes
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3709
tolkki said:


Apparently Fender makes Les Paul's now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now THAT'S something I didn't notice. Quite an attention to detail on your part though Oo. One would imagine after apparently licensing all those names though, such things like that wouldn't happen. Ah well. Doesn't detract from my unconditional love for this show.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 654
Wow.. They did this episode a little differently from the manga but it worked well. This episode had way too many cute moments that I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire duration I was watching. Love it!
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 368
@tolkki:

The ED shows the brand Gibson. I remember seeing that when first ep came out, and I just double checked and it's still the case.

I don't understand how they did this kind of mistake, but oh well, it's not like it ruins an anime. They didn't double check efficiently is all.

「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 179
Well, I liked episode. But previous one was better. :P
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2002
Oh my goodness Yui is so fucking cute.

Mio is moe in general, but because of all this absurd fandom I feel any screentime she is getting is fanservice, I don't have anything against her or the fact that she's getting alot of it. I just feel it's so unfair for little Yui.

I like the show though, it's funny and has cute-overload all over it.

<3
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1347
...Mio was so cute here. <3 And so was Yui.

lol @ Mugi and her bargaining. It was too cute. C:

Am looking forward to seeing Yui actually rock out on the guitar. <3


There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 27
I really likes this episode. Yui-chan is so cute ^^. But overall my fave atm is mio -chan bassist ftw. Im starting to think of this as a haruhi/kannagi cross breed lol
 
Apr 10, 2009 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1087
yunadestined said:
This episode had way too many cute moments that I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire duration I was watching. Love it!


This is what I would've said. I was giggling all over the place C:
 
Apr 10, 2009 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Kirky said:
yunadestined said:
This episode had way too many cute moments that I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire duration I was watching. Love it!


This is what I would've said. I was giggling all over the place C:


this episode was full of win. the guitar buying sequences totally reminded me of beck. this anime makes me giggle like a little girl..... mio is fucking amazing, thats why everyone is in love with her ^_^
 
Apr 10, 2009 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 306
Kittenia said:
Mio is moe in general, but because of all this absurd fandom I feel any screentime she is getting is fanservice, I don't have anything against her or the fact that she's getting alot of it.

I feel the same. She is adorable though.

Moe-overload episode as expected. Eyebrows-tan bargaining was great. I'm starting to like her a lot more now. She's still a bit close to Takara Miyuki's personality for me to really be a fan of her though. I still like the ED more than the show itself but this is growing on me.
 
Apr 10, 2009 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 4702
Another mediocre episode in this shit fest. I would so not watch this if it wasn't for Mio. Are there suppose to be jokes? Because I didn't even fuckin smile once.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
 
Apr 10, 2009 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 105
Oh my god Yui is so moooooooeeeee
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
 
Apr 10, 2009 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1301
This wasn't as good as the first episode but it was still quite enjoyable.
 
Apr 10, 2009 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 543
This episode was awesome 8D

Really loved the part where Yui slept with the guitar xD
 
Apr 10, 2009 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
Im sticking with it... loved the episode...
 
Apr 10, 2009 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 95
Yui sleeping with the guitar KAWAII XD
 
Apr 10, 2009 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2507
another great episode and was so funny with Mio and her imagination about getting part time jobs XD


 
Apr 10, 2009 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 170
Mio <3
.
 
Apr 10, 2009 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 184
Mio is just too cute. lol The scene with smoke coming out of her head, was too moe. lol

lol, I never knew Mugi had so much connections. lol.

When will Yui stop freeloading off the cakes? lol
 
Apr 10, 2009 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 300
It was a better episode than the first. Much funnier, I actually laughed this time. Animation still to me is kind of iffy. It might be the style but it's not blowing my mind but maybe that's because I'm coming off the visual experience known as Michiko e Hatchin.

Nice catch with the Fender thing lol. Someone please tell me when did a Gibson Les Paul become a cute guitar? Don't ever recall Mike Campbell calling his gold painted one from the 70s and 80s kawaii
 
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »