Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2009 10:16 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well the show is finally over, got impatient waiting for the subs, looks like they did a pretty good job finishing out teh show. didn't feel to rushed to me

oh and lol, click at user risk, may ruin the end of show
Apr 13, 2009 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
WHEN is this episode getting subbed??? Its already the middle of April and this show finished airing at the end of March!!!

EDIT: Its finally out, hooray!!Awesome last episode. New uniforms are awesome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a season 2!!! The show gets a 9/10.

OVER THE FUTURE WORLD!!
DesuManApr 14, 2009 10:30 PM
Apr 14, 2009 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
How old are the girls supposed to be at the end of this episode? 12-13? Those are some... well developed bodies. Anyway...

ZKC is sadly over, this last episode was kind of anti-climactic but I can certainly understand why they did it like this, the manga is not over and there's a lot of material remaining. It does seem fairly likely we'll get another season though.

In the end, a great final episode to a great season of a great show. 9/10.
Apr 14, 2009 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
kuroshiroi said:
It does seem fairly likely we'll get another season though.

No doubt. We still need to finish the "Queen" story line.
Apr 14, 2009 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
holy crap for six graders they sure did develop. quite good towards the end, tho alot of this was wasted just pandering around.
Apr 15, 2009 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
a really nice ed. the beginning was a bit lame with catching the cimimal and all, but the ed with graduation and new uniforms was great. so overall a really entertaining show, 9/10 also for me.

Apr 15, 2009 4:04 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah the last episode was fun and I'm glad they didn't try to create their own ending. I am happy to wait for more anime if it means we get a true ending. Of course with manga it could be many years till they finally wrap up the story.
Apr 15, 2009 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
Good show overall, fairly nice ending episode, 8/10 from me.

Looks like we get to look forward to a few new characters, and a few who were there but seem they'll have a bit more bigger roll in season two.

Looking forward to it =].

They did develop well for 6th graders lol.
Apr 15, 2009 8:33 PM

Sep 2007
We'll probably get season 2 as soon as Hayate 2 finishes up.
Apr 16, 2009 12:42 PM
Jul 2008
I just hope there will be season2. Many animes ended like there should be next season but there isn't.
They surely developed in less than a year.
Apr 16, 2009 1:15 PM

Sep 2008
well its just like we all thought. They left us to figure out how it will turn out. Although we all know the path it was goona end (the outcome of espers)

to bad this series but oh well, atleast the new spring season started so we got alot more choices to watch :)
Apr 16, 2009 3:13 PM

Feb 2008
naikou said:
We'll probably get season 2 as soon as Hayate 2 finishes up.
This studio, SynergySP, is not doing Hayate S2, they're doing Cross Game.
Apr 16, 2009 3:49 PM

Sep 2007
Hayate changed studios? That's weird.
Apr 17, 2009 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
A nice epilogue. I really laughed a lot when Muscle Okama came back in Pandra's base. Mio and the other girl were 0_o "Who's that handsome guy ?" ^^ (And that yaoi-fangirl newbie... ahahah ^^)

I don't expect a 2nd season, but that girl called Yuri-chan in the end said something interesting... "I'm here, Kaoru-chan."
So, 2nd season maybe ?
Jun 21, 2009 9:15 PM

Sep 2008
And so.. finally.. The last episode of this long running animated series. I was amused how they stuck another brief Hayate/Nagi cameo in this episode. I'm pretty sure I also saw an Ink Nijihara cameo from Moetan during the motorcycle chase. Aside from that, the girls finally graduate elementary school and they've also grown up a bit. Although I wanted to be emotional, I couldn't.. If you think about it, Minamoto's been with the girls for a long time and will probably be more so till the said "time" when Kaoru sides with PANDRA. we also get a short collage of what everyone else has been up to. Overall, I really did enjoy this series.. and now, time to read up on the manga version! :)
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Oct 9, 2009 2:41 PM
Jul 2008
all the while, they talked about the future, but i'm guessing the future in a S2. The show ended nicely but I was disappointed that I didn't get to see how the world would end. Not that I mind, but looking forward to a S2.
Apr 16, 2010 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
I really wonder if they are making a second season... Seeing that this series had 51 episodes, I thought it would end it all, but they left it pretty open at the end :/

(I haven't read the manga, but I guess I can predict how it will end, altho Wikipedia kinda explained stuff that never showed up in the series, probably from the manga).
Jun 15, 2010 8:28 AM
Nov 2009
great anime, picking up the manga after this. a second season would be nice but we will see how the ova does.

So Tim Toy and Barret are now part of Babel and Patty Crew (interested in BL it seems) is with Pandra.

Well, see yall when the ova coems out.
Sep 1, 2010 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im so sad :(

Perfect episode, they did a great job with the ending. I pray for a second season although i think ill start the manga first. Really curious to find out what happens next.
Nov 30, 2010 10:06 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty decent final episode to make the transition from their children years into the middle school period. Lots of reaffirmation of the bond between Minamoto and the Children and of the uncertain future that awaits them. If a second season comes, I'm all open to that. Pretty good series overall.
Mar 21, 2011 12:42 PM

Apr 2009
When I started watching this I didn't expect much... but ZKC managed to surprise me... it was a great series, with some really amusing characters... I wish for a second season too...
May 3, 2011 11:51 AM

Nov 2009
At first, the series started poorly, i even considered to drop it after episode 1. But gradually, bit by bit, it got better and better, especially after Hyobu appeared and the main plot started to get going.
I didn't like the ending, i wish they ended it in a better way, showing if the prophecy actually happened or not. I understand they left it open because of the possibility of second season, but it probably won't happen.
Judging from episode 1X to the end, I would have given this series a 9, but the weak ending and poor starting episodes makes me give it an 8.
Nov 28, 2011 12:07 AM

May 2010
8/10.
I really enjoyed this series. I have low expectation after episode one but luckily I didn't drop it.
I love the anti-climax end it's done pretty well.
Jan 26, 2012 7:01 AM

Oct 2010
So by making the time laps and showing us thing not changing means that everything is going to be ok?
I didn't expect anything from the show when I started but it quickly proved me wrong. Good comedy and a somewhat decent story line but they left everything so in the open. Towards the middle I was really hoping to see something really epic happen at the end but instead a very simple and anti-climatic finale -.-

Anyways, good watch.
huh?
Mar 23, 2012 12:08 AM

Apr 2009
/
Exold said:
At first, the series started poorly, i even considered to drop it after episode 1. But gradually, bit by bit, it got better and better, especially after Hyobu appeared and the main plot started to get going.
I didn't like the ending, i wish they ended it in a better way, showing if the prophecy actually happened or not. I understand they left it open because of the possibility of second season, but it probably won't happen.
Judging from episode 1X to the end, I would have given this series a 9, but the weak ending and poor starting episodes makes me give it an 8.

choyos said:
So by making the time laps and showing us thing not changing means that everything is going to be ok?
I didn't expect anything from the show when I started but it quickly proved me wrong. Good comedy and a somewhat decent story line but they left everything so in the open. Towards the middle I was really hoping to see something really epic happen at the end but instead a very simple and anti-climatic finale -.-

Anyways, good watch.

they cant show you if the prophecy happened or not because the manga is still being released. i haven't caught up to it yet since im still where they are children but if its still being released then a conclusion hasn't happened yet ...

also it was announced that the anime will be released in the USA, hopeing that maybe we can get a season 2.
Feb 19, 2013 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Oh God, I feel trolled @ the beginning of this episode. Silly Kyousuke.

Anyways, this has been a great series tbh although I felt that the finale didn't go the way I expected to be. Also, regarding that Yuri girl, who is that really?...I don't remember her at all from the series or was even mentioned before.

I lol'd @ some of the final scenes. That speech by Fujika on the roof seemed serious though so I might give the manga a shot to see what the upcoming battles are.

Anyways, 8/10 for me.

Dat memories:

I will be looking forward to see you a lot more in Unlimited Kyousuke
Mar 11, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2011
I was thinking of giving it a seven because of its first half of the series but on a second thought, 8/10. Now I'm off to watch the OVA now. Then watch The Unlimited to get use to the serious tone again.
Mar 28, 2013 5:53 AM

Jan 2011
Some great moments in the epilogue show:

1. Capture of the cruise ship which will become the Catastrophe
2. Graduation Ceremony with both Minamoto and Kyousuke attending.
3. Middle-School Trio in their new uniforms

Now it's time to start the manga. I've marathoned this over four days so it has been quite a ride. If we do get another season I expect it will have a different tone. Certainly this series got a little darker and more plot driven as the episodes progressed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 4, 2015 7:28 PM

Apr 2007
Finally to the end~ I read the manga years before watching this and am very happy overall with the adaptation, although they did tone down some of the serious stuff. It's too bad there hasn't been a continuation since things get more interesting from here on out.

Oh well maybe I'll re-read the manga now :>
Jan 28, 2018 3:17 PM

Jun 2011
Agree that there's a lot of pandering in this show. The characters are absolutely garbage. Far too much lolicon shit it's quite uncomfortable. Didn't develop relationship well, it just happened. Minamoto is annoyingly preachy and a lolicon; Kaoru is far too willful for someone with great power like her but then she preaches about the good of the world too which is like what, then she gets random powerup outta nowhere and totally outshone the other 2 from The Children. The whole lolicon shit with The Children and Minamoto had zero chemistry, felt like they really forced those scenes in. Every girls in the show love Minamoto for some plot/comedy reason.

The main story drags so much it's ridiculous, Kyousuke basically appeared and disappeared every single time, and not every time that his appearance actually mean something. He's the only character with actual thoughts when he's not reduced to a lolicon role for the jokes, everyone else feels so fabricated, one-dimensional goody-goody unawarely hypocritical.

The only reason I completed it is because I've been wanting to watch ZKC for years, like, 8 years maybe, and never really got around to it, or always drop it in the first few episodes. There were a few pretty damn good episodes but they're so far few in between. The show imo rides pretty heavily on how much you enjoy the lolicon shit. Even if Kaoru's all grown up Minamoto is still a lolicon, their romance bothers me when it's not well developed and it just "sorta happened" because plot/fanservice demands it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 10, 2023 6:45 PM
Dec 2020
Well, that was a somewhat moving, but also fairly anti-climatic episode - mostly it focussed on being amicably sappy than even attempting to resolve the mainline dramatic plot.
Interesting with the adding of new characters and situations in the final episode - especially Yuri joining the same school?! - really does show that they must have been pretty dead-set on a sequel series at the time. Watching it in 2023 with the knowledge that there's no S2 (although there is the OVA and Unlimited, but I think I will save those for another time) makes the whole experience of knowing that this really is the end of the anime continuity somewhat bittersweet. (Though considering how ridiculously stacked with big seiyuu names the cast is for a 51-episode show ostensibly aimed at children, it wouldn't surprise me if it became too expensive to continue to produce more sequels after 2010.)
I went into this show thinking it would just be a mildly amusing gag-a-minute show by the guy who did GS Mikami which I would watch for a few episodes then drop, but it managed to become both one of the funniest and most moving anime when it wanted to be I've watched in a long time. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made Kaoru, Aoi and Shiho and a sizeable number of the many, many entertaining and well-developed personages that are the antagonists and side characters alike stick in my head long after I'd stopped watching, and frankly if that isn't enough to make an anime worth watching, then I don't know what is.
Anyway, enough sappiness and whining about sequels that never came - I see the manga is now completed and even won the prodigious Seiun SF Award after fifteen years in print, so without further ado let's switch medium and march onwards to the continuation of the story...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children Episode 20 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 13, 2008

9 by BenjaminJunior »»
Apr 18, 1:51 PM

» Help: Psychic Squad filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 27, 2023

1 by Therud »»
Dec 27, 2023 8:05 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children Episode 49 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

12 by Ilfracombe »»
Oct 3, 2023 6:30 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children Episode 43 Discussion

datsunvic - Feb 8, 2009

8 by Ilfracombe »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:20 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children Episode 40 Discussion

Kiseki - Jan 13, 2009

17 by Ilfracombe »»
Sep 5, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.