Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2009 4:27 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yes, its a great episode that contained little action towards the end and a light hearted scenes of riko shopping along with reiji and later masane joining.
Aug 13, 2009 10:56 AM

Apr 2009
WTH? Are those guys retards or sth? They were attacked by Wadou's secretary with an ultimate blade just last episode and instead of doing sth about it they went on to a family excursion? What? They thought that the attack was an accident or sth? An isolated event? And the poor fish at end...
Dec 3, 2009 8:56 PM

Sep 2007
This is getting depressing. I mean at this point the story is predictable, but it doesn't make me want to stop watching. Instead I just watch all their little happy moments and I get really sad in anticipation of what I think might happen. I'm still holding on to some hope of a kind of happy ending for them, but it's not really looking that way...
Dec 6, 2010 5:06 PM
Feb 2009
OK, this shit just doesn't makes sense. Did the Cloneblade turned Maria's mind from childhood to adulthood all of a fucking sudden? Was it a part of her? Or what? A few chapters ago, Maria was cuddling with her plushies and throwing tantrums at Rihoko. And now, Maria is all of a sudden the shrewd president of NSWF.

Now, what does makes sense is Takayama warming up. The way he ends up acting, calm and in a good mood, is fitting to him and at the same time it shows how he's leaving his cold, distant life as the head of Doji, to become part of the common people who are simple and honest.

Also, the revelation to Rihoko of Masane's transformation... it was so cool that Rihoko still saw that she wasn't really a monster...
Jan 9, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
Developments don't look good for poor Masano and that damn thing tried to get Riko there for a moment. The fact that they bother building connection between Takayama and Riko in this episode doesn't give positive signs about Masane's destiny.
The scene with Riko seeing her like that and still hugging her was nice.

Nice episode.

Alas86 said:
WTH? Are those guys retards or sth? They were attacked by Wadou's secretary with an ultimate blade just last episode and instead of doing sth about it they went on to a family excursion? What? They thought that the attack was an accident or sth? An isolated event? And the poor fish at end...

They don't actually know that those attacks were specific because those weapon things are attracted to Witchblade anyway and they will attack Masane if they felt her anywhere near. Because both times they were together they have no idea that each time one or the other was the target or that those things were send by someone and didn't just react to feeling Witchblade.

Da_Nuke said:
OK, this shit just doesn't makes sense. Did the Cloneblade turned Maria's mind from childhood to adulthood all of a fucking sudden? Was it a part of her? Or what? A few chapters ago, Maria was cuddling with her plushies and throwing tantrums at Rihoko. And now, Maria is all of a sudden the shrewd president of NSWF.

Maria is a manufactured human being. Her growth mentally and biologically is different than normal humans. Her real age is probably just a couple of years. Her mental maturity was lacking a little in terms of her body but now it caught up. Don't expect normal human growth for her. Since she has a very high mental capacity it was a matter of time before her brain formed a new behavior based on what she saw around her and the experience with her mother also help her brain to reach some conclusions.
Jan 21, 2011 4:58 PM

Dec 2008
Damn you, cliffhanger!!!
I really enjoyed seeing this fun and paternal side of Takayama.
Jun 19, 2011 10:36 AM

Sep 2008
... ): Things don't look good for Masane. This makes me sad... I'm amazed at Masane's willpower, though. The Witchblade went after Riko but she forcefully stopped it. But yeah, I agree with what others have said - if they bothered to set an episode aside for developing the relationship between Riko and Takayama before Masane falls apart or gets destroyed, then it seems like Riko will really be left with him.

Maria's scary now. DX Before she was just... a crazy, powerful child. Now she's a crazy, powerful adult, it seems. Curse that Wadou, though... Joining hands with NWDSF or whatever the acronym is, even before he took over Douji...

It was so sweet of Riko to not let her mom's transformation bug her at all. :']
Jan 27, 2013 11:33 PM

Jul 2009
great episode. takayama is soooo cute! and that poor lil fish. i'm rather excited about finishing this series!!!
Nov 13, 2014 1:59 AM
Mar 2013
Poor fishy ):
Jan 29, 2016 8:50 AM

May 2012
Really cute episode with Riko, and Riko finally knows what she does for "work" pretty great reaction as well, let's see what's next though!
Oct 25, 2018 11:19 PM

Jan 2010
Takayama is adorable, my goodness.
Mar 11, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2016
We already know who is going to take care of Rihoko :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 18, 2022 4:32 AM

Apr 2013
That comparison of Masane with a fish in the end was.. weird lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 13 Discussion

enkil - Apr 2, 2009

16 by Inexplicable »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 16 Discussion

enkil - Apr 3, 2009

11 by alexanderkershaw »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 21 Discussion

enkil - Apr 5, 2009

13 by Mortimm »»
Jun 1, 2023 2:34 PM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

XContriveX - Jul 19, 2008

76 by Gator »»
Jun 20, 2022 12:20 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 23 Discussion

enkil - Apr 7, 2009

8 by Gator »»
Jun 20, 2022 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.