Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 5, 2009 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did anyone see the first episode yet? What do you think? Gonna keep watching? I'm planning to continue. It's nice to see a romantic drama amongst the horde of fantasy, action, and sci-fi anime. Plus it's got hot guys in it!

I loved the first episode. I thought Kajika, the main chara, was great. The first episode was pretty funny and there was even a tiny sad scene, too.

There wasn't really any animation for the ED theme, but I love the song "One" sung by J-Min. Sounds a little sad, but soulful. The vocalist has got a strong and smooth voice. I want to buy her cds.

Looking forward to the next episode and...Eugene! Daisuke Ono!
Apr 5, 2009 1:15 PM
Oct 2008
bonbonzy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did anyone see the first episode yet? What do you think? Gonna keep watching? I'm planning to continue. It's nice to see a romantic drama amongst the horde of fantasy, action, and sci-fi anime. Plus it's got hot guys in it!

I loved the first episode. I thought Kajika, the main chara, was great. The first episode was pretty funny and there was even a tiny sad scene, too.

There wasn't really any animation for the ED theme, but I love the song "One" sung by J-Min. Sounds a little sad, but soulful. The vocalist has got a strong and smooth voice. I want to buy her cds.

Looking forward to the next episode and...Eugene! Daisuke Ono!

Where can I watch/download the first ep?
Apr 5, 2009 3:18 PM

Apr 2009
maji_saikou said:

Where can I watch/download the first ep?

You can watch it here:

http://up.b9dm.com/video.php/vid_9100.htm

When you're done please post your impressions of it. I would love for there to be more fans interested in it. I've already re-watched the 1 episode 3 times. Might do it again because I enjoyed it so much.
Apr 5, 2009 3:48 PM

Jul 2007
First of all, thank you so much for the link, I hope an actual video will appear soon, for it to be subbed ^^.

It was a nice episode, quite faithful to the manga, many sentences are exactly identical and that made me happy,somewhat (I really liked the manga though acknowledge it's not a masterpiece ^^).

Kajika's shaping up to be a great charismatic character, I really thought Aya Endo's performance was spot-on, but then again, the cast is pretty much stellar here.
I thought Li Ren was captured well enough, he's very elegant and smart-looking, while at the same time projecting calm power .I'm quite satisfied, can't wait for Eugene next :D.

As for animation, while I'm a bit concerned over some scenes later in the story, which will require an adequate rendition in terms of fluidity and sheer watchability, I think the plot is what's most important in this work.
That, and I like the chara design, it's pretty nostalgic but does jutice to the characters' beauty, at least for now .
Apr 5, 2009 6:11 PM

Apr 2009
seimei said:
First of all, thank you so much for the link, I hope an actual video will appear soon, for it to be subbed ^^.

You're welcome. I don't think any English fansubbers have picked it up yet... I don't think this anime as much or as positive a buzz as the other new shows this spring. Reverse harem? Shoujo? = Not good?

It was a nice episode, quite faithful to the manga, many sentences are exactly identical and that made me happy,somewhat (I really liked the manga though acknowledge it's not a masterpiece ^^).

Yes. I really liked how they stayed mostly faithful to the feel of the manga, too. I really enjoyed a lot of the scenes especially the ones between Kajika and Yui. It felt a tad strange though because Yui seemed like the sort of main chara you'd find in most shoujo, but here she's just a support chara.

Kajika's shaping up to be a great charismatic character, I really thought Aya Endo's performance was spot-on, but then again, the cast is pretty much stellar here.

I'm glad you liked Aya Endo's performance. ^_^ She's gotten a lot of criticism before (and now) for her role as Kajika. Some Japanese fans of the manga don't think that her voice is deep enough to play Kajika, who for a lot of manga fans is supposed to be androgynous. They feel Aya Endo's voice is too feminine.

I thought Li Ren was captured well enough, he's very elegant and smart-looking, while at the same time projecting calm power .I'm quite satisfied, can't wait for Eugene next :D.

Li Ren is very handsome and it's a total plus for me that he's performed by Morikawa. Li Ren's seiyuu has gotten almost as much flack for being chosen for this role as Endo-san for her's because he is considered "too old" and some fans wanted a younger seiyuu... Except I think Morikawa's voice has the right level of control and power to play a character like this. I think even if they anime is just okay, fans of the seiyuu will still watch it for the hear-candy.

As for animation, while I'm a bit concerned over some scenes later in the story, which will require an adequate rendition in terms of fluidity and sheer watchability, I think the plot is what's most important in this work.
That, and I like the chara design, it's pretty nostalgic but does jutice to the characters' beauty, at least for now .

I'm worried about the plot later on, too. On the one hand it's very important to get the plot in, but I hope it won't drag in the pacing of the story. There are periods of time in the manga where the characters are, well, just hanging around going about their own lives. With 39 episodes, how will they keep the viewers still watching?
Apr 6, 2009 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
bonbonzy said:

You're welcome. I don't think any English fansubbers have picked it up yet... I don't think this anime as much or as positive a buzz as the other new shows this spring. Reverse harem? Shoujo? = Not good?

Yeah, I guess it'll take some time for subbers to pick it up. I'm not that surprised, considering it's an adaptation from a manga that started in the '80s (when many of today's anime watchers were probably still yet to be born XD) and a shoujo manga of all things. Add a less than great animation from a studio many people don't know, and "ancient" looking chara design, there's a recipe for disaster, fansub-wise XD.

That said, I hope it'll be subbed in a couple of days, or we'll be the only ones having a conversation, it seems^^'.

Yes. I really liked how they stayed mostly faithful to the feel of the manga, too. I really enjoyed a lot of the scenes especially the ones between Kajika and Yui. It felt a tad strange though because Yui seemed like the sort of main chara you'd find in most shoujo, but here she's just a support chara.

Yes, she looks like a character out of Marmalade Boy, but I guess she's important in her being "just a common Japanese girl" in stark contrast to Kajika .

I'm glad you liked Aya Endo's performance. ^_^ She's gotten a lot of criticism before (and now) for her role as Kajika. Some Japanese fans of the manga don't think that her voice is deep enough to play Kajika, who for a lot of manga fans is supposed to be androgynous. They feel Aya Endo's voice is too feminine. .

Oh I also read reactions on voice casting on 2ch, before the anime was aired, and, as usual, might I add, manga fans were especially poisonous towards her. I suppose that's inevitable, as most readers tend to imagine characters with a specific voice in mind (mine for Kajika was Sakamoto Maaya) and usually end up disappointed by the chosen cast. I think Endo's very capable, now it's Namikawa's turn to show how much their voices sound alike .

Li Ren is very handsome and it's a total plus for me that he's performed by Morikawa. Li Ren's seiyuu has gotten almost as much flack for being chosen for this role as Endo-san for her's because he is considered "too old" and some fans wanted a younger seiyuu... Except I think Morikawa's voice has the right level of control and power to play a character like this. I think even if they anime is just okay, fans of the seiyuu will still watch it for the hear-candy..

I think Morikawa is about as perfect to play Li Ren as you can get. He's a young character, but older at heart than his age, he's a young master and a responsible man, right now I can't imagine anyone other than Morikawa, especially not anyone younger (yes, I am biased towards him, and I find the casting awesome )

I'm worried about the plot later on, too. On the one hand it's very important to get the plot in, but I hope it won't drag in the pacing of the story. There are periods of time in the manga where the characters are, well, just hanging around going about their own lives. With 39 episodes, how will they keep the viewers still watching?

Apr 6, 2009 4:52 PM

Apr 2009
seimei said:

Yeah, I guess it'll take some time for subbers to pick it up. I'm not that surprised, considering it's an adaptation from a manga that started in the '80s (when many of today's anime watchers were probably still yet to be born XD) and a shoujo manga of all things. Add a less than great animation from a studio many people don't know, and "ancient" looking chara design, there's a recipe for disaster, fansub-wise XD.

I checked the episodes on Youtube and it does seem like someone (don't know who) is planning to do the English subs along with the Spanish subs. There are other shoujo works lovers out there! Actually, Studio Pierrot has animated well-known shows like Naruto, Bleach, and Fushigi Yuugi. One complaint from the manga fans is that compared to Studio Deen, Studio Pierrot doesn't have as much experience with shoujo-style shows. I kinda feel that these accusations are unfounded when you check out Studio Pierrot's job history: Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, Emma... The problem with Hanasakeru is most likely a limited budget, of which a HUGE chunk must have gone into acquiring the stellar seiyuu cast. And that Hana shares a 1-hr time slot with Guin Saga which, btw, has absolutely magnificant animation quality. It's TOO easy to compare the two shows and be disappointed.

That said, I hope it'll be subbed in a couple of days, or we'll be the only ones having a conversation, it seems^^'.

It'd be great if there was more awareness about this series. Maybe, in the future, the manga can get translated, too. Btw, did you know there's a page for the manga on MyAnimeList which is mostly desolate? Also, I've heard that there's a very, very, sadly tiny LJ community for Hanasakeru that exists.

Yes, she looks like a character out of Marmalade Boy, but I guess she's important in her being "just a common Japanese girl" in stark contrast to Kajika .

This reminds me of the scene in the manga when:

Oh I also read reactions on voice casting on 2ch, before the anime was aired, and, as usual, might I add, manga fans were especially poisonous towards her. I suppose that's inevitable, as most readers tend to imagine characters with a specific voice in mind (mine for Kajika was Sakamoto Maaya) and usually end up disappointed by the chosen cast. I think Endo's very capable, now it's Namikawa's turn to show how much their voices sound alike .

Same place where I read the reactions as well. They're still ripping apart the anime on there, from the "inappropriate" cast selection of Kajiki, Li Ren, and Harry to the "horrible" animation to the "mutilation" of the original manga. Was this anime doomed from the beginning?

I think Morikawa is about as perfect to play Li Ren as you can get. He's a young character, but older at heart than his age, he's a young master and a responsible man, right now I can't imagine anyone other than Morikawa, especially not anyone younger (yes, I am biased towards him, and I find the casting awesome )

I agree with you (is also bias fan) <3

bonbonzyApr 9, 2009 4:12 PM
Apr 6, 2009 8:48 PM

Dec 2007
I did not like this episode... I wanted to listen to Jun Fukuyama, he is the soul reason I'm gonna watch this anime. And since I do know Spanish, I'll try to get in contact with the Spanish subbers so I can translate it and they release it in English too.
Apr 6, 2009 9:05 PM

Jan 2009
Since so much written I have a question: is the manga finished? Also will there be lots crying emotions in this?

Do people die in this series?

is Kajika bi?
Apr 7, 2009 2:13 AM

Apr 2009
Firiel-chan said:
I did not like this episode... I wanted to listen to Jun Fukuyama, he is the soul reason I'm gonna watch this anime. And since I do know Spanish, I'll try to get in contact with the Spanish subbers so I can translate it and they release it in English too.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this episode. ^^;; Fukuyama Jun's character, Carl, won't appear until after Daisuke Ono and Daisuke Namikawa's characters appear. It may take several episodes. Oh, that's wonderful of you to contact the Spanish subbers and possibly translating it into English. This very underrated series needs a little boost.

japanme32 said:
Since so much written I have a question: is the manga finished? Also will there be lots crying emotions in this?

is Kajika bi?

Yes, the manga is complete at 12 volumes. Crying? A few scenes.

Apr 7, 2009 2:14 AM
Nov 2007
I like this episode. It makes me want to read manga but I can't find it.
Apr 7, 2009 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
atobesama said:
I like this episode. It makes me want to read manga but I can't find it.

Because of the anime, the manga series has been re-issued by LaLa:

http://www.hakusensha.co.jp/hanasakeru/

You can order it from Amazon Japan or any local Japanese bookstores. As for the English version...there isn't one available at this time and no scanlations that I'm aware of. Hopefully, if the anime gains some popularity the manga will be picked up here.
Apr 7, 2009 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
bonbonzy said:
Firiel-chan said:

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this episode. ^^;; Fukuyama Jun's character, Carl, won't appear until after Daisuke Ono and Daisuke Namikawa's characters appear. It may take several episodes. Oh, that's wonderful of you to contact the Spanish subbers and possibly translating it into English. This very underrated series needs a little boost.

japanme32 said:

is Kajika bi?

Ok thanks for clear up.
Apr 7, 2009 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
It'd be great if there was more awareness about this series. Maybe, in the future, the manga can get translated, too. Btw, did you know there's a page for the manga on MyAnimeList which is mostly desolate? Also, I've heard that there's a very, very, sadly tiny LJ community for Hanasakeru that exists.

I'm a member of the LJ community, although it feels more like a secluded elite place at the moment.
I like to think the manga will get scanlated in case the anime is subbed (yay for double subs **), but I also remember finding it rather difficult for a manga aimed at mid-high school girls, and especially wordy. Some parts I'll have to hear played out loud in the anime to fully understand, I guess, not to mention the times I had to frantically search for rather obscure words: to think I only started it because I liked the delicious coverboy in Middle-Eastern gear **.

I'm confident the director will do a good job of showing the conflict-rich side of the manga, if only to make characters stand out.

Oh about hydrophobic 2ch fans, it amused me to no end reading how people who didn't know the manga were at the very least interested enough to keep following the anime, while so-called "true fans" were too busy dissing everything, from the character design being supposedly too oldstyle and too close to Itsuki-sensei's drawings (which in my head sounds like "Itsuki-sensei can't draw), to even the pronunciation of Kajika's name in order to declare it a failure. Have to love them XD.

I'm waiting anxiously for Eugene's introduction and Ono to make his entrance as well.

Apr 7, 2009 10:15 AM

Dec 2007
bonbonzy said:
Firiel-chan said:

Right now, the problem is that they haven't released the episode. When they do, I'll get in contact with them and try my best to get it subbed in English.
Daisuke Ono is very good, so I don't mind waiting if I get to hear Ono-sama's voice.
Apr 7, 2009 3:21 PM

Apr 2008
I think the first episode is quite good, but sometimes the picture quality is not very consistent.

I like Li Ren very much because of his personality and the voice actor Toshiyuki Morikawa.
Apr 7, 2009 3:32 PM

Mar 2007
I liked this episode. I have some of the manga, but it has been years since I read it, so I am fuzzy on details. I liked the character designs, and voices, for the most part, but the animation quality felt very low-budget. Still, I will stick with it XD It is kind of bizarre how this mangaka's works are suddenly getting anime series made from them so long after the manga finished. I would love it if they went back and mined some other great older shoujo series too!
Apr 9, 2009 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
m33w made subs. So far is good. More emotional than a first view I had.
Apr 9, 2009 11:38 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Damn, walls of text. O_o

Anyway, this was better than I expected. Wasn't planning to watch this when I read the synopsis. Let's see where this goes. OP is pretty cool.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 9, 2009 2:01 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty good first episode. Kajika is a very interesting character (some kind of a mix between Ryougi Shiki and Alice Marvin), the plot is okay and I hope the story won't be focused on romance only, but there'll also be some nice mystery involved. The character designs are old-school but likeable, and both OP and ED songs are quite nice. My expectations of this show were close to zero, but now I'll continue watching it for sure. :)
Apr 9, 2009 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
I really liked the fist episode. The plot is really interesting, even if it does turn out to be just a romance. I can already tell Li Ren will be a favorite of mine, because he's Chinese, gorgeous and so won't get the girl (I have a thing for the boys who get turned down). That wasn't a spoiler, just my premonition, I swear.

Kajika's also a pretty awesome female character. I love calm, charismatic main females. They're so rare!

LI REN LOVE, WOO!
Apr 9, 2009 2:47 PM

Sep 2008
Oh, I forgot to write about Li Ren...No one else's got a feeling that there's something really fishy about him? XD For some reason I think of him as of possible villain candidate...
Apr 9, 2009 3:20 PM
Oct 2008
Entertaining ~
Kajika was kind of ..Meh, but thank god she's not annoying like the rest of the main girls in reverse harems ;__;
Art was beyond amazing which is the main reason i gave this a try ;3
OP and ED were good as well.
Can't wait for next ep's Bishie!♥♥ the blondie *my fave*
Apr 9, 2009 3:22 PM
Oct 2008
seishi-sama said:
Oh, I forgot to write about Li Ren...No one else's got a feeling that there's something really fishy about him? XD For some reason I think of him as of possible villain candidate...

^
lol.
the only thing i noticed, is that he probably likes Kajika (which is really obvious)
Apr 9, 2009 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
seishi-sama said:

I have a feeling he has a really dark and depressing past. And his family's involved in shady business, of course. XD That makes him kind of fishy, yeah.
Apr 9, 2009 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
I agree, Kajika is an awesome main character :D

Haha, so far, I'm loving this series. Has a nice reverse harem ring to it. :)
Apr 9, 2009 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
madeinakihabara said:
seishi-sama said:

I have a feeling he has a really dark and depressing past. And his family's involved in shady business, of course. XD That makes him kind of fishy, yeah.

xD I actually thought (judging from my take on Harry's words and Li Ren's actions) that he likes Kajika.
Apr 9, 2009 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
First half was so good. Then she left Japan T_T. Still half decent though, kept me wanting more.
Apr 9, 2009 8:07 PM

Jan 2007
Enjoyed this more than I thought. I noticed that the character design seemed rea bit old, turns out its an adaption to an 87` manga. I wonder what kind of setting this will have, I was disappointed she left Japan so early.
Apr 9, 2009 8:41 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
madeinakihabara said:
I can already tell Li Ren will be a favorite of mine, because he's Chinese, gorgeous and so won't get the girl (I have a thing for the boys who get turned down). That wasn't a spoiler, just my premonition, I swear.

Kajika's also a pretty awesome female character. I love calm, charismatic main females. They're so rare!
Haha, I completely agree.

I'm glad to see the manga is finished, and surprised that it is an older manga. They always do better with manga adaptations when the material is complete. Didn't think I'd pick it up when I was first making my team for FAL -- I was sure the lead would be completely annoying -- but now I'm really intrigued. Will definitely catch the next couple of eps!
Apr 9, 2009 9:42 PM

Aug 2007
Looks like a pretty good romance/mystery anime to me. Lots of bishonens and the female lead herself is a bishoujo! Can't wait to see the 3 candidates, especially the tribal-looking one. xD Li Ren himself is already darn cool. Reverse harem at its best! :D

Apr 9, 2009 10:24 PM

Jan 2009
Im glad to see this kind of anime appear...I was really needing a dose of shoujo and bishies so we'll see how it goes.
I enjoyed the first episode and definitely left me wanting more, cant find the manga anywhere so I guess waiting for episodes is my only choice.
It had fun parts, interesting characters, a great heroine etc so I see great place for development
Definitely hooked :D
Apr 9, 2009 11:50 PM

Feb 2009
If this show can keep it up then it looks like I'm in this one for the long haul.
Apr 10, 2009 4:13 AM

Jun 2008
bonbonzy said:
Firiel-chan said:

japanme32 said:

is Kajika bi?

But in the manga, does she end up with somebody?
Shit happens.
Apr 10, 2009 4:41 AM

Oct 2008
The summary was very misleading. Can the show get more predictable than that I wonder.
Apr 10, 2009 5:30 AM

Jul 2007
kiimmiiej2112 said:
But in the manga, does she end up with somebody?

Yes, she does. That's not really the point of the manga, though.
Apr 10, 2009 5:45 AM
Aug 2008
Aaa, I really liked Kajika and Yui's interaction.. but I'm guessing Yui won't be in it much again ;--; (but then this is a reverse harem not shoujo ai *is shot*)
Kajika's dad is really bizarre XD The bit where he was having a monologue and he (pretty much) introduced himself to the audience seemed really silly;; !
*waits for the next episode* :3
Apr 10, 2009 6:28 AM

Jan 2009
I have to say, subs are good since m33w is good. Bullying is shown as still a problem in Japan in schools. Kajika is charming. Bishounen Onna soredemo kanpeki (beautiful woman and perfect). Li-Ren is the dream here in Japan for girls. Guys would get jealous.
Apr 10, 2009 7:04 AM

Jan 2009
Well i was waiting for Hansakeru since timeeeeee, ago. The first half was didn't even catched my eye, i must say i was getting bored, the second half of the episode fullfilled that void. The animation isn't that great at all but thats almost the last thing i worry about when it comes to a good story. I did like the opening, it was really catchy and it goes along well with the anime, the song was awesome aswell. So to the characters...

Im really please with Kajika character, i wished for a very strong/decided character and not the stereotypical cliche airheaded girl (most of shoujo girls are), she was more than charismatic here, she obviusly standsout, and at some point i even tought i was watching Ryougi Shiki (her design is almost like her). Then we got Li Ren, who got my attention with his cold but charming prince personality, he obviusly is the dream of many girls when you see that way. Both really great characters. Now, the really interesting plot will be the 'how' the rest of the main characters will stand out as well as Kanjika and Li-Ren. That will be a very difficult task.

I was afraid it would turn out around a school. Guess what? IT DIDN'T! Or at least is what it seems.

Then when her father told her about his lil but interesting game, i was more than pleased the way this series is gonna get to. Seems a bit predictable in some ways but i wanna see how this will go on.

The ending song was really cool also, very lovely. I will be very close to this series. I have almost droped all other craps out there I/E Pandora Hearts, etc.
MikiyoApr 10, 2009 7:08 AM

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 10, 2009 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
Not bad for a first episode. I'm a little hesitant about this one though since it's 39 episodes long. I'll have to see if it holds my attenion. Surprisingly enough I kind of liked Kajika but didn't care for Li-Ren. He's too cold and stereotypical of a shoujo anime (so far).
Apr 10, 2009 10:05 AM

May 2007
Don't know what to say. On one hand it's good that Kajika is a strong character and not one of those typical shoujo bimbos, but she felt a little bit too Mary Sue for my tastes. I hate "perfect, have it all" characters.
And was I really the only one, that got the feeling Dad-sama only set up this game, so he would get Li-Ren to show his feelings and propose to Kajika?
Apr 10, 2009 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
No inugami, you're not alone. I felt something like that as well about Li Ren.

Interesting, as this is supposed to be 39 episodes. Not a very good start though. Kajika is likeable for a shoujo character, but I hope she won't turn in some kind of naggy pretty princess. Instant drop in that case. Very funny when she told about the leopard so all the girls went like fangirl-squeek.

"... Fur? ..."
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 10, 2009 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was a pretty good start to the series. I haven't any seen any interesting reverse harems for quite a while. Hopefully this doesn't end up becoming unbelievably generic.
Apr 10, 2009 1:57 PM

Aug 2007
Hmmm...

Well of course I love the whole theme of the anime... that she has to chose her husband from hott suitors...

The first episode sucked? The first half was very boring; her in her new school with her stupid ugly annoying friend... and then she kissed the friend on her cheek? Who does that? Ew.

But I kept telling myself that it's almost 40 episodes so it has to go slowly~

Which is why it's On Hold coz I can't stand watching episodes like that once a week. I'd rather 'marathon' (i.e. watch it very slowly in bits when it's finished airing)

Father[or 'Dado'] = hott ^o^
Apr 10, 2009 2:15 PM

Mar 2009
inugami said:
Don't know what to say. On one hand it's good that Kajika is a strong character and not one of those typical shoujo bimbos, but she felt a little bit too Mary Sue for my tastes.

yeah definately too mary sue. urgh. I thought she was maybe taught amazing self-defense or something, and that's why she stood up to that 3rd year girl, but she's depending on people to protect her. lame.

MissIngenious said:
Art was beyond amazing which is the main reason i gave this a try ;3OP and ED were good as well.
Can't wait for next ep's Bishie!♥♥ the blondie *my fave*

The art kinda sucked =P at the very most average for me.

is anyone else annoyed when she says "Dad" in the japanese way? like "Da-do"? I know they're trying to show that she grew up in america, but i really would prefer if she would just say "Odousan"
Apr 10, 2009 4:09 PM
Dec 2007
What a surprise ! In my mind, it was an instant drop, but on the screen, what I saw was pretty good actually. Despite one of the poorest and weakest animation and art I've seen lately (well, apart from Minami-Ke Okaeri, I don't remember seeing something as horrible as that), the direction seemed really impressive, thanks to Chiaki Kon (Nodame Cantabile Paris-Hen and all the Higurashi) and the main character was especially great.

Which once again proves the theory that an anime can have the strangest plot as well as exceptionally cliché characters but when rythm, camera work, structure of the script and dialogues are good, well, you know, it's just a good anime. Hanasekeru Seishonen is probably one of the spring animes that has the strongest good points mixed with the strongest bad points at the same time, which makes it a totally paradoxical series, but still it deserves to be seen at least.

Seeing that the series is adapted from an old and seemingly popular manga by the creator of Jyu Oh Sei, and the director is one of the very best that Japanese animation can offer, I guess that this series is heavily underrated, at least for this first epsisode. Good surprise for me, the music is great and well-placed, the direction is awesome, the atmosphere is nicely old school and I like most characters too, so I'll watch the second ep for sure.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 10, 2009 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
This didn't fail my expectations; I knew it'd be good from the synopsis. I really enjoyed the first episode and I agree Kajika's an interesting character- I liked how she was happy one moment when she saw her dad and the next she slaps him. xD I can't wait to see the anime unravel more lol, it's attention getting so far.
HEY!
Apr 10, 2009 8:22 PM

Dec 2007
Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai in high school, what more can i say?

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 10, 2009 9:04 PM

Sep 2007
It wasn't really a stunning introductory episode, and doesn't seem to be introducing any new concepts at all. Will have to wait for the second episode to pass judgement on it; either drop or watch.

Oh, and in the beginning the music was reminiscent of Pachelbel... very nice.
Apr 11, 2009 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
felo said:
Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai in high school, what more can i say?

lol. she does remind me a bit of Shiki but Shiki is way cooler.

Will there be any yuri in this anime? :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 22, 2009

28 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 5 Discussion

bonbonzy - May 4, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:57 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 4 Discussion

maji_saikou - Apr 26, 2009

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:54 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 3 Discussion

bonbonzy - Apr 20, 2009

43 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bonbonzy - Apr 12, 2009

60 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.