Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Seriously after reading this chapter, I can't wait to see Dio come back. I really do wonder what role he will play in this manga.
Aug 8, 2016 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
I love Kakyoin and all but that beatdown was well deserved.
Dec 29, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2016
What a way to end a fight! This part definitely gets to the good stuff right from the get go.
Nov 28, 2018 3:58 AM

May 2016
I have to admit that I only really understood Hierophant Green's liquid energy powers and the true nature of the Emerald Splash right here but it felt like I was seeing this for the first time all over again.

Jotaro getting caught off guard by Kakyoin's signature move only to immediately deflect it the second time around and break his opponent's Stand with his very first Ora Ora Rush was oh so gorgeous ♡ With those wounds, I'd doubt that they'd survive it all but if Jotaro says they're fine, I guess he's right lmao

Dec 18, 2018 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
We got the first Ora Ora Ora Ora!
May 8, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2017
What happened to the 2 dudes in the nurse office? They kinda disappared the moment JoJo started fighting Kakyoin, lol

Also, Kakyoin's stance seems to be dependent on the puppet he's holding, that's an obvious weakness (he can't control it directly with his body).

I'm looking forward to in-depth explanations on the nature of stands

By the way, I don't understand why didn't Kakyoin kill JoJo with his painting thing right away. Could've cut his throat or something, couldn't he?
St0rmbladeMay 8, 2019 12:14 PM
Dec 12, 2019 8:39 PM

Feb 2017

"Real mess here. Good day to ditch class."
Apr 3, 2020 3:02 PM

Jun 2016
This fight was pretty cheesy in a fun way. Kakyoin makes an unexpected move, hurting Jotaro. Jotaro gets inspired by justice and stands, deflects the move, and kicks the bad guys ass to his cries, “WHAT POWER!!!” It even set up the philosophical debate over what the good is, the winner, or something else? The waves depicted with Emerald Splash were pretty wild and it looked great to see the sick joy on Jotaro’s stand’s face as it pummeled the head of Hierophant Green. Jotaro’s stand is a great choice for him, as one can argue that although Araki may have been one of the first to this kind of thing, at this point it's expected for the main character to be physically really strong. But for Jotaro’s power to literally be a big strong man who beats people up being indicative of his life energy, that’s funny and accurate! I mean, he’s the kind of guy who makes it a policy not to pay the bill for a meal that was bad!

Outside of that, Jotaro showed off some quirks about him. He may have amplified Joseph’s hotheated qualities and made that his permanent face but he does it in his own style, he’s quiet and pissed off rather than an angry punk. He also seemed to have some of Joseph's snark, calling Hierophant Green a melon and that wonderful line about crushing two melons at once. That and he showed the heart of the Joestar’s that, while he, like Joseph, may have strayed from being a gentleman on the surface, they are good where it counts. All the Joestars so far have had a thing for justice, and a visceral anger for injustice. With that said, I can imagine Jotaro may hate this Dio guy very much. I mean, Dio burned a dog alive and had a mother eat her own baby so that is preying on the weak if I ever saw it.

P.S. Hierophant Green tearing out the nurse’s throat because it hates being in open spaces and clung on is literally disgusting. I love Jojo and how gross it gets. It’s violence makes me cringe more than anything. Also, I noticed a motif this and last chapter, having the sun sit behind Kakyoin. With how it ended with the sun as well, I'll assume it was a stylistic choice.
Jul 31, 2021 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked the paneling and art for Hierophant Green's Emerald Splash. Really dazzling.
Oct 13, 2022 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
I've always wondered what happened to the nurse. She stabbed a student in the eye, and who's gonna believe she was possessed?
Jan 26, 2023 11:57 PM

Aug 2021
great fight and Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2014

8 by Wrathu »»
Feb 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 30 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 6, 2012

8 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 29 Discussion

ViniSD - Jul 25, 2013

13 by Farm-key »»
Oct 22, 2023 2:34 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 14 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 7, 2013

10 by Farm-key »»
Oct 20, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

10 by AragornLannister »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.