Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion

Nov 2, 2017 4:44 AM

That was hard to listen to...and Kei....you bitch.

May 23, 2018 4:14 PM

Wow this was an intense episode. Well done Shaft
Welp

Aug 31, 2018 10:11 AM

This ep was amazingly directed, I loved it. Even felt bad for Miyako, a char I didn't even care about until now. Kei is still best girl, even if deleting the messages was a horrible act.

Mar 13, 2019 4:08 AM

For real first half was intense but the next half was just insanely good, I was voting for Kei but after that I can't forgive her for doing that, my heart is broken into little shards after that delete button, and the fact that no one knows that except Kei and viewers ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 6, 2019 5:34 AM

Best episode so far. Both of the two arcs had a major shake-up. Renji's breakdown was something to be expected as he got close to Chihiro, that even though her memory loss is the cause he refuses to say Chihiro is at fault. Superb visuals, with the TV static into when she said the same things before and the darkening of the background as she continued talking.

But the second half? Wow. With minimalist visuals and pastel colours, I love the visualisation that she feels seperate from the world she inhabits, the realisation as to why Hirono was always in Black and White from her perspective and gradually gained colour. The messages she left on the phone, though, I have no words to describe that entire scene. And then- Kei deletes the messages as if it was nothing...

I see a lot of hate on Kei and Hirono for how they've acted, but there's no way they would've known that their actions would have led to hugely disasterous consequences. From Kei's perspective, Miyako is just a bad influence on Hirono's attendance. She doesn't know the trauma Miyako went through. From Hirono's perspective, he's had an issue with connecting with others since childhood, so when he stood her down, he didn't realise the imporance he had on Miyako's life. He doesn't know the trauma Hirono went through.

I didn't quite expect to write a few paragraphs on just this episode but damn, this episode alone raised the anime up to a 9/10 for me.

Jul 25, 2019 7:12 PM

Kei, you piece of shit
All you can hope for in your worldview is consistency

Sep 8, 2019 12:39 PM

the chihoro and renji segment was retarded and i'm surprised to say i like the other romance plot more than chihoro and renji's. miyako's phone call to hirono was obviously great but the melodrama for this episode when it came to renji was almost laughable

Sep 28, 2019 9:18 PM

Well, shit got real with the phone call segment, was not expecting anything like that.

Nov 3, 2019 8:14 AM
In other words, Hirono is between 2 emotional instable and possessive girls.

Miyako reaction was very disturbed for any person, who, in a situation like this, simply would try to contact the person by other way, or going to see him at his home to know if something bad happened.

----

Renji was very imature and he revealed that even after the long time he and Chihiro are togheter, he still had not understand that for her, he ALWAYS will be a stranger she just was presented in the same day.

That is why she is unable the devenlop honest deep feelings for him, just in 1 day.

Modified by Rob7, Nov 3, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 13, 2019 5:43 PM

At this point in the series, this has been by far the best episode 5/5

Jan 5, 3:01 PM

Wow, this episode was chilling. Shaft was killing it even back in 2007 huh.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]