3It was OK
3.3%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
0.4%
Average 4.8
792 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2014 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Space Dandy is such a bro. An going away present? ;.;
Dandy is a cool bro though unlike other adults. Lol, poor him. That little penguin thing the kid was carrying was kinda cute though, odd but cute I guess.

>Penguins are flightless birds.
Now if only the kid would stop crying...

The feels this episode. That old man is awesome. Don't mess with the elderly. I wonder if that kid will come back and grow up!

Feb 1, 2014 8:56 PM
May 2011
Ah, we played it straight.
Feb 1, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
That Gentuan girl is pretty sweet, that body swapping power of hers is pretty interesting. I'm not sure if Dandy knows that even adult women could have small breasts and a flat butt, guess that's what happens when you go to boobies everyday. That whole montage with that song was nice as well, and I could see that girl becoming apart of the crew (If this was not episodic), her and Dandy's relationship kind of remind me of those Father and Daughter relationships you would see in movies (I mean, the guy even gave up boobies for her). This is probably one of the more serious episodes of this show, but it was still pretty good, this episode also showed that Dandy is actually a pretty good guy, it's nice having heartwarming episodes like this after some comedy.
45RavagerFeb 1, 2014 9:15 PM
Feb 1, 2014 8:57 PM

Oct 2012
My favorite episode yet
Feb 1, 2014 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
Enjoyed this episode a lot more than the others. It was enjoyable seeing how Dandy didn't actually go to BooBies, but was actually grabbing info around town. I'm curious about the girls powers. Flap those wings little birdie! Next episode for the ladies it seems... ;_;.

"Maybe if you grow up into a big breasty woman, then sure." - Dandy.
Feb 1, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2012
This is one of the best episodes I've ever seen in an anime. I wish she could have become a permanent member of the crew because she would have added an interesting dynamic to the cast. I could easily see her play the role of the straight man, but be prone to her silly moments as well.
Phaetons_FollyFeb 1, 2014 9:02 PM
Feb 1, 2014 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
Like father like Daughter, Dandy's a cool bro.

Sep 2010
This episode was cute. I hope the girl does become a recurring character.

Nov 2011
http://imgur.com/V2kG4cm
I wonder if she'll be back someday.

Spag said:
This episode was cute. I hope the girl does become a recurring character.

Same.
Feb 1, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
Wait am i watching the same show, i loved the episodes before this but this was something completely different than i expected from this show, it was touching, well paced, had alot of more subtle humor, and the ost really stood out this ep as well

definitely the most enthusiastic 5/5 ep yet

also if im not mistaken this is the first ep that ended with the words "to be continued" so hopefully she will come back

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 2012
This was a really nice episode. I'm on board with the girl coming back as a recurring character.
Aug 2013
I liked how this episode had a more serious tone to it as well as how Dandy is actually a pretty nice guy. Although I want this girl to come back later in the series, I doubt she will based on how the other episodes have been.

May 2012
was a cool episode. Maybe her alien race grows to maturity fast. Doubt it though. The Episodes usually end and dont seem to have any relevance to other episodes. Wanna see the episode with the alien that gives the thumbs up while changing huge blob form
Feb 1, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2012
Wow great episode. Like the connection Dandy had with the Kid. Loved her character design. She was a cute kid alien. The OST was great, I need to know the song playing during the scenes where it was Dandy and the kid. That track was smooth. Only Dandy can make a penguin fly. The ending was great. I really hope she haunts Dandy down. I really liked her. Best episode so far.
Feb 1, 2014 9:03 PM

Dec 2010
Another excellent episode. Dandy's a jerk with a heart of gold. What a bro, and I liked his relationship with that girl.
Feb 1, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was a good episode. I'm like Space Dandy more and more.
Feb 1, 2014 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
This episode, he truly was a dandy guy.
NEVER KNOWS BEST
Feb 1, 2014 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Jad Saxton did a great job this episode.
Feb 1, 2014 9:06 PM

Sep 2011
i liked the character dandy before this episode, after this episode he really is just reaching new levels of likability

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2012
I would love it if the girl would come back. Maybe aliens age faster which would mean she would be in this season. Buuuutttt you never know. Just the Dandy way.

Dec 2010
Dandy is a bro! My friend and I were really hoping that Adélie would join his crew. She has to come back at some point. This was a cute episode!
Feb 1, 2014 9:07 PM
Jul 2013
Very good episode! So Space Dandy can be serious while not sacrificing the comedy! Had some great animation there per usual as well.

NotJizzyHitler said:
also if im not mistaken this is the first ep that ended with the words "to be continued" so hopefully she will come back
Each episode except the zombie one has ended with "to be continued."
normajean19Feb 1, 2014 9:11 PM
Feb 1, 2014 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
omisan said:
was a cool episode. Maybe her alien race grows to maturity fast. Doubt it though. The Episodes usually end and dont seem to have any relevance to other episodes. Wanna see the episode with the alien that gives the thumbs up while changing huge blob form

Well but just like Cowboy Bebop they got a plot later on. Space Dandy is probably the same way.
Feb 1, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
Dandy really shined this episode.. not from his pompadour, but instead, from his heart <3
Also, his sheer determination made a penguin fly. You know.. him as a penguin kinda reminded me of those penguins from Mawaru Penguindrum.

I really wanted that Gentuan girl to join the crew in that episode, but I guess that'll be saved for later. Perhaps in a time skip when her body's grown up like Dandy wants.
Feb 1, 2014 9:12 PM

Nov 2013
Leave it to a Watanabe work to have nice music. Am I the only one who was reminded of Michiko to Hatchin during this ep (that is if anyone watched it)? A cute and somewhat touching episode. I wanted to see the girl as a recurring character as well. I'm hoping their race ages rapidly and she comes back as a bombshell and Dandy's Love interest.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Feb 1, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2011
just saying, this episode felt so similar to the really good episodes of Michiko and Hatchin, which is a really great amd sadly kind of forgotten of a series even though it only aired in 2008

Notchrishansen said:
Leave it to a Watanabe work to have nice music. Am I the only one who was reminded of Michiko to Hatchin during this ep (that is if anyone watched it)? A cute and somewhat touching episode. I wanted to see the girl as a recurring character as well. I'm hoping their race ages rapidly and she comes back as a bombshell and Dandy's Love interest.
lol you ninjad me

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 1, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wait am i watching the same show, i loved the episodes before this but this was something completely different than i expected from this show, it was touching, well paced, had alot of more subtle humor, and the ost really stood out this ep as well

Nah, they all say "To be continued" at the end.

normajean19 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Zombie one did, too.
Feb 1, 2014 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode of the series so far. Why wasn't this a serious show from the beginning? It works better this way.
Feb 1, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 2013
Tyrel said:
normajean19 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Zombie one did, too.
I wasn't too sure, I thought the zombie one ended with George Romero card, but I guess not lol
Feb 1, 2014 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Mormegil said:
Best episode of the series so far. Why wasn't this a serious show from the beginning? It works better this way.

The more I watch it, the more it feels like a set up. I wouldn't be surprised if the second half went a bit left field. I doubt it will happen but it wouldn't be a shock at all. As it is now though, it's still damn entertaining.
Feb 1, 2014 9:21 PM

Dec 2012
Mormegil said:

We wouldn't appreciate the seriousness if it was serious all the time. I think it'll get serious later on like other episodic series.

Besides, with all these drastic new adventures, I don't think there is much room for seriousness until we know the main cast pretty well.
Feb 1, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:

Actually episode 4 also ended with "to be continued" too, so there's no guarantee but I hope she returns later on.
sic mundus
Feb 1, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
yah looks like a misjudged that to be continued bit

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 1, 2014 10:15 PM

Oct 2011
Great Episode. Had some feels. Hope to see her again
Feb 1, 2014 11:09 PM

May 2013
Dang, wished that kid joined the crew. This was a good episode.
Feb 1, 2014 11:34 PM

Jun 2012
Cute standalone adventure. I'd buy that penguin
Seems this is the "80 Goofy/20 Serious" split Watanabe was talking about when he was first promoting the show
HybridMBLFeb 1, 2014 11:40 PM
Feb 1, 2014 11:50 PM

Sep 2011
HybridMBL said:
Seems this is the "80 Goofy/20 Serious" split Watanabe was talking about when he was first promoting the show
yah which i welcome, i thought that 20% serious thing would only be like with the noodle shop guy or something, im pleasantly surprised to see we got an entire episode dedicated to it, so maybe the final episode of this show may be a bit more on the serious side

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 1, 2014 11:58 PM

Jan 2011
>I'll hunt you down!
Wow I love this girl, I really hope she comes back. Cute episode.
[center]
Feb 1, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2008
The kid should be the Edward of this show.
Feb 1, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2008
So dandy! Bumped up this series from a 9 to a 10 with this episode, it was touching.
I hope we get to see more of her int he future.
The dub is so good on this anime.
Feb 2, 2014 12:31 AM

May 2012
Bumped from an 8 to 9. It's a potential 10 candidate, this show is.
Now we know why he's so good with the ladies. He's really a nice guy even when he is a pervert.
Feb 2, 2014 12:52 AM

May 2012
Cute episode. I hope the girl makes another appearance at some point, but with the way this series has gone so far I wouldn't count on it.

5/5
Feb 2, 2014 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
fucking amazing episode.. 10/10 "if you grow up as a big breasted curvy ass woman"
KneelBeforeMeFeb 2, 2014 1:14 AM
Feb 2, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
At first it felt like it was going to be a pretty weak episode but then it just pulls off such a heart warming episode. Best of all it didn't feel like they shoe horned it in an otherwise comedic series.
Feb 2, 2014 2:44 AM
Oct 2013
When i watch angel beats...that anime almost make me wanna cry , i dont expect space dandy ( comedi anime ) make me almost wanna cry too .

Very touching episode 10/10
I really hope she will be dandy crew in the future ( i think they really need one female crew , but not for love interest )
Feb 2, 2014 4:35 AM
Oct 2009
Oh man, I really wanted her to join the crew! Great episode, with great animation and style.
Feb 2, 2014 6:04 AM

May 2010
favorite episode sofar :)

the girl should be part of the dandys crew ^^
Feb 2, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was surprisingly very good, I didn't expect such emotion in this at all.
Feb 2, 2014 7:24 AM

Mar 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:

All the episodes yet
ended with "to be continued"
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 2, 2014 7:28 AM

Mar 2013
She is so cute, shame that we probably will never see her again...
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

161 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.