Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2007 4:12 AM

Nov 2007
are you a lone wolf? like jubei kipagami or D ( from vampire hunter D) or do you run in a pak?
are you the leader of your pak? or are you like starscream always wanting, believing that you are but in reality your just megatrons biyatch. are you man/women enough to admit it if you are? most Otaku i have met believe there number one an admiral quality in people but in reality the big dog always comes along to maintain order.

i ran in a pak once. not the leader but a point man in my team first on the front lines ready to take any challenge, when our pak got desolved i went out on my own i've been like that ever since and i have grown accustomed to the freedom of it i don't think i would become a pak member again. except for MAL which is net based not earthy real world based (it is the only forum I've ever joined. because its super)

what about your experience as an otaku in life?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2007 7:58 AM

Jul 2007
Ah, but in the "pak" you get to trade anime quite easily, with people you know you can trust. So one buys the latest issue of X manga, the other buys the latest dvd of X anime, and yer set ^.^ That being said, I was kind of the leader in mine ^_~ I was the one who always kept forcing people to get together, always bought Newtype and shared it and the dvd, and stuff like that. :D But all that has been slightly postponed in favor of studying....damn university :(

Everyone talks about rock these days, the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards
Nov 21, 2007 11:36 AM

May 2007
I like to think of myself as "normal." Even the friends of mine that like to watch anime are pretty normal. We go out and do normal things. No one is really the "leader" either, we just...hang out, go to movies and bars, etc.

Now, I have a large group of friends on the other side of the country (Atlanta), and there is definitely a ringleader/organizer there. Some of us joke that she's like a mom. But without her, we probably wouldn't fly in from all over the world every year. So we definitely need her.
Nov 21, 2007 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
I'm not a loner, but I'm usually alone. My only friend lives in South Carolina and he's not into anime.
Nov 21, 2007 12:32 PM

Nov 2006
No.
No wait, yes.
No...
Nov 21, 2007 12:37 PM

May 2007
IRL yeah I am. I used to hang out and chill like most kids out there some six years ago, but things have changed. I got myself into the anime world, or say the otaku-dom, soon after living in the US.
Nov 21, 2007 1:58 PM

Aug 2007
no no no, being a lone wolf ain't fun
I'm the opposite, and I like attention! (insert smiley here)
Nov 21, 2007 3:21 PM

Jul 2007
I was up until this september. (Well, close, anyways xD)
Though I still sort of am, or feel so. I have no social skills for reasons I've already mentioned xD
Nov 21, 2007 3:29 PM

Sep 2007
"Go Home and be a Family Man"

Nov 21, 2007 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
UltraTien, you're setting the bar too high for the rest of us xD

Everyone talks about rock these days, the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards
Nov 21, 2007 5:43 PM

Nov 2004
In a pack... we don't really have a leader either...
Nov 21, 2007 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
to be what someone else expects you to be leaves you in the pact like a nymph in heat

Funk every one else you live your life as who you want to be that makes you more valid then anything else in the world since YOU have to LIVE with WHO you are!

FUNK the world life is better when you are who you want to be or w/e dont lose that dream!
Nov 21, 2007 6:09 PM

Aug 2007
I have friends in a bunch of different clicks at my High School, ranging from the nerds to the jocks and everyone in between. There really isn't a leader in 'my' group, but in their little pack they generally have one.

I guess I hang out with him more then the rest if he's not with his soccer buds. If he is,
I only have one friend whos into anime (albeit not as much as me) so I tend to go to either 1 to 3 different groups to hang out with.

So yeah, I'm far from a leader, more of a 'wandering wolf' rather then a 'lone wolf.'
Nov 21, 2007 6:23 PM

Jan 2007
Yes...and no...

I like to have a lot of time to myself to do my own thing, but I also enjoy the company of others. In certain groups of friends I'm a leader, in others a follower, in others an equality aimless member.
Nov 21, 2007 11:54 PM

Feb 2007
hounddog said:
Yes...and no...

I like to have a lot of time to myself to do my own thing, but I also enjoy the company of others. In certain groups of friends I'm a leader, in others a follower, in others an equality aimless member.

nice response hounddog. I'm the same, for the most part.

I used to be more of a leader in one group, but now I end up being too lazy. It actually depends, I am still the one who throws every party -_-
Nov 22, 2007 2:57 AM

Nov 2004
selective_yellow said:
It actually depends, I am still the one who throws every party -_-

time and place, i'll be there for the next one ya!
Nov 22, 2007 6:15 AM

Jan 2005
I'm a good mix of both I guess.. And I prefer my "packs" without any leader.
Nov 22, 2007 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
Can you have a group of loners? That's what my closest friends are like - we mostly do our own things, and since they're often the same things, we sometimes do them together. I'm perfectly happy with my own company for long periods, but I get lonely sometimes, like anyone else. I'll go to a pub with friends, but I'll stay with them, I'll not go chatting to random strangers.

I'm not a leader or a follower. I do what I do. Sometimes I do what others do, other times they do what I do, still other times I do something different.

Karura said:
I have friends in a bunch of different clicks
I don't want to seem like I'm picking a fight or anything, but this always gets to me. It's "Cliques", and it rhymes with "beaks".

/Good English SWAT mode off
Nov 22, 2007 8:24 AM

Apr 2007
loners ftw.

/me raises hand
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Nov 22, 2007 8:46 AM

Sep 2007
I wouldn't say i am a loner. I have a group of friends in my form. And agroup of friends not in my form. I enjoy peoples company, but not 24/7 i do like my alone time quite alot. Actually, Alot alot.

I claimed Kasumi (Misty) (by Vertago)

(made by AngelLily)
Nov 22, 2007 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
nihil said:
loners ftw.

/me raises hand

Nov 22, 2007 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
People are drawn to me...but if they weren't I'd definately be a loner. :)P

Our group leader is the smallest and youngest one of us all. Quite backwards, huh? She's pretty terrific, though.
Dec 29, 2007 10:03 AM
Nov 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
nihil said:
loners ftw.

/me raises hand
Dec 29, 2007 3:10 PM

Dec 2007
I'm a loner I guess. Never really had friends. Lol.
Dec 29, 2007 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
I'm not a loner. I've recently just started to go out more with my friends. But I'm always considered the nerd in the group. XD
sad
Dec 29, 2007 5:00 PM

Jul 2007
I am a loner when it comes to circle jerks

otherwise I like to mingle with the common folk

and with this post my post count has increased, making me 1 post cooler than before
Jan 4, 2008 2:21 PM

Jan 2008
Some times I wish i could be a loner. It would be peaceful.
Jan 4, 2008 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
^ it dose have its merits......but so does having a group of friends
Jan 4, 2008 2:51 PM

Dec 2007
I'd consider myself a lone wolf.... hehe.. woosh..
Jan 4, 2008 3:54 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah, a lone wolf. I don't like much hanging out with people.

Jan 4, 2008 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Yeah, a lone wolf. I don't like much hanging out with people.

I do like to be around people though, but not too much... If i could, i'd be around people more.
Jan 4, 2008 4:41 PM

Aug 2007
Definitely a lone wolf and it's been like that for a long time I'm just far to different than a lot of people so I'm alone a lot but that's just fine with me.
Jan 4, 2008 5:21 PM

Aug 2007
I have a group of friends, further than that nothing.
Jan 4, 2008 11:33 PM
Nov 2007
I like having quiet moments to myself here and there, but I hate being alone in the sense of being alone in my life. My boyfriend is also my best friend and I have a couple close friends after that, very few acquaintances and that's it. I'm not very good at being a people person - I can be polite or take the lead when it's necessary, but I don't like to. Most people think of me as both weird or boring. I don't really mind though.
Jan 4, 2008 11:51 PM

Jul 2007
Well, I don't actually identify myself as an otaku. Mostly because yes, even though I am into anime enough to be on here, starting and participating in clubs, downloading fansubbed/scanlated anime/manga, anime doesn't really effect my life outside of the computer (which is to say, I'm not obsessed).

But I'll answer anyway.

I don't make friends easily but had my group back in high school. And we're still close - it's just now we all live far apart. I live with my boyfriend, but he's pretty much it as far as friends go that I regularly see. I get along well with the people at work but haven't actually socialized with them outside of this setting. I'd like to have a girl friend to hang out with every now and again, but it's just as well; with work and school and my boyfriend I can socialize and I have my extra time to read or watch shows - yea, I'm pretty much just being passive about this situation.
Jan 5, 2008 1:42 AM

Nov 2007
I'm one of the people in school who everyone knows but doesn't necessarily hang out with. So I have my own select group of friends I hang with but then I'm friends with a lot people from other cliques as well.

So, no, I'm not a loner XD
Jan 5, 2008 2:25 AM
Nov 2007
i love my friends ~
so i prefer chilling with 4-8 good friends chilling over big random parties.

but regardless
loners = the sex.
mmmm.. loner w/ glasses..
must.. get one..
*adds to list of resolutions*
Jan 5, 2008 3:15 AM

Dec 2007
crowslayer91 said:
i love my friends ~
so i prefer chilling with 4-8 good friends chilling over big random parties.

but regardless
loners = the sex.
mmmm.. loner w/ glasses..
must.. get one..
*adds to list of resolutions*

Ok wait, repeat that again, slowly, ima go get a pen and paper.
Jan 5, 2008 3:41 AM

Aug 2007
I THINK I AM A LONER.

;(
Jan 5, 2008 4:14 AM
Aug 2007
I am not a loner. My friends always want to hang out with me since I'm hot and all that good stuff and I"m like GRAHRARHARHHHSDFH FINE THEN. and so we hang out. and drink. and party. and black out. I love my beautiful friends.

yiikes included. APRIL! CALIFORNIAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jan 5, 2008 11:35 PM

Dec 2007
I am alone, but not lonely.
Jan 6, 2008 10:51 PM

Aug 2007
I would say I am, but I'm not sure.
Jan 6, 2008 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
Considering the fact that I'm not very sociable, outside of school, I guess I would be considered a loner.
Jan 6, 2008 11:22 PM
May 2007
Darkfrog said:
I am alone, but not lonely.

Effectively the same here.
Jan 7, 2008 10:43 AM

Nov 2007
I was raised as a loner, but since the cram school/college i started to be more sociable. Now i have much more friends, friendly co-workers and even girlfriends.

Being a loner sometimes is good, but don't forget that there's a real world outside the cave. And you can have fun there. ;)
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Jan 7, 2008 11:17 AM

Dec 2007
Superman said:
Being a loner sometimes is good, but don't forget that there's a real world outside the cave. And you can have fun there. ;)

I totally disagree there. It depends entirely on where you live. The place where i live doesn't know 'friends' and does not know the definition of fun. The only thing that know that it's 'fun' to be drunk every friday, saturday and sunday. That you have to smoke in order to 'fit in' and dude you're the man if you do weed, crack or cocaine.

Not everyone is as much developed like elsewhere on the world, in some towns, people get stuck in their teenage years, like here.
Jan 7, 2008 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
Well Chavez, i feel sorry if the place you live is like that. The place where i live isn't Shangrila, but i managed to find some friends and fun. It was a personal opinion that i hope can be valuable to someone here.

I don't have any right to give advice to you, but don't let other people hold your development. We've too many special people on MAL, and i'm sure that you can find a way out of this vicious environment that you described.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Jan 7, 2008 11:52 AM

Dec 2007
Superman said:
Well Chavez, i feel sorry if the place you live is like that. The place where i live isn't Shangrila, but i managed to find some friends and fun. It was a personal opinion that i hope can be valuable to someone here.

I don't have any right to give advice to you, but don't let other people hold your development. We've too many special people on MAL, and i'm sure that you can find a way out of this vicious environment that you described.

That's roughly the only reason for me to be online though. I'm not letting anyone decrease my development, thatswhy i'm defined as 'loner'.
Jan 7, 2008 11:54 AM

Nov 2007
FUCK YEAH!!! sups to the rescue!! * casts protection spell on chavez* you gotz tha power chavez USE IT MAN!!! were here for you man the door is open

Jan 7, 2008 12:03 PM

Dec 2007
Renzokouki said:
FUCK YEAH!!! sups to the rescue!! * casts protection spell on chavez* you gotz tha power chavez USE IT MAN!!!

Lyk... what? O.o

Renzokouki said:
were here for you man the door is open

You can leave it closed, i'll open it myself *nod-nod* ;D
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Vent something v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Steph - May 7, 2023

5498 by Dostojevskij »»
25 seconds ago

» Make a song title with one word from the previous song title ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RichtofenMK - Dec 17, 2023

1220 by _untitled »»
3 minutes ago

» Make a song title with the last letter v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zedlin - Nov 29, 2022

5658 by _untitled »»
5 minutes ago

» ABC Song Titles Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_untitled - Sep 11, 2022

8936 by _untitled »»
6 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7248 by tsukareru »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.