Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 4, 2009 2:57 PM

Can't believe there's no topic on this...

So what are everyone's thoughts on the novels?
Personally, I love them.

The original characters are usually pretty interesting and there's so much romantic tension. *_*

I'm sad that Tokyopop canceled the future releases though... :(

Favorite novels: I'm torn between Shyness Diary (1) and novel 9.
Shyness Diary has cheerleader Karin and Kenta and is filled with romance.
I squealed like crazy at this part in the novel:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/omochan/karin/th291_184_s.png

There's also a silly lesbian character that falls for Karin and another (slightly annoying) character that falls for Kenta.

But... novel 9 has the best Kenta speech ever + the bath scene.
ah... such a hard decision~~~~

Least favorite novels: Novels 1 and 2 I disliked. Novel 1 because everyone is OOC, Novel 2 because China is the worst original character ever and I felt like punching her.

So... thoughts?

Apr 5, 2009 7:42 AM

The novels are decent. As far as plot goes they're so-so, but they can be a fun read. I liked China, the author should have went farther into the releationship with her and Kenta, if only to see a jealous Karin.

I have only read the first 3 novels. My favorite would be the third one. Love the crime drama setting, and the scene where whatshername in the bath is going on and on about the "forbidden releationship" between Usui and the butler is absolutely priceless.

Apr 5, 2009 9:28 AM

DonPatch said:
The novels are decent. As far as plot goes they're so-so, but they can be a fun read. I liked China, the author should have went farther into the releationship with her and Kenta, if only to see a jealous Karin.

I have only read the first 3 novels. My favorite would be the third one. Love the crime drama setting, and the scene where whatshername in the bath is going on and on about the "forbidden releationship" between Usui and the butler is absolutely priceless.

Heh, novel 3 is a good one. Also contains one of the best quotes ever by that fujoshi girl.

Anyway, I've read a lot of the novels and Karin doesn't ever really get jealous...
it's just not in her personality.

She usually feels more sad than jealous, and tells herself that it's probably better that Kenta has a "normal" girlfriend.

Kenta gets pretty jealous though. Especially in novel 4. I actually didn't expect him to get jealous to that extent though, lol.

Oct 13, 2009 6:33 PM
Hey did the novel ever get finished? or was it cut short. I read something on wiki that after volume 5 it was canceled....

Feb 28, 2010 12:34 AM

I for one am a big fan of the Karin light novels. There very enjoyable reads. Since I'm go used to reading 500+ pages for novels are always going to seem rushed to me, however there still fun to read. I've read Volumes 1-5.

Mar 1, 2010 12:20 AM

It also looks like TOKYOPOP has reversed there decision on the Karin Light Novels. Volume 6 is due out on March 30.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Chibi-Vampire/Tohru-Kai/e/9781598169270/?itm=7&USRI=chibi+vampire

May 22, 2010 2:01 PM

where can i buy the Karin Novels now?!