Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 5, 2009 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
I was a little disappointed they skipped the Klaus/Himuro part of the battle... that was the best joke of that arc IMO. They also skipped the Akagi/Kaiji references, but I can live with that.

All in all I found it at least as funny as good episodes from the first season. Even if we lose some characters (Himegami is probably never coming back), we will get some that had been abandoned, so I'll be watching this.
Apr 5, 2009 4:49 PM

Aug 2007
I actually think this was a good start to the season. and I agree with everyone, Hina ED = WIN
Apr 5, 2009 6:23 PM

Oct 2008
I, for one, am grateful for the reintroduction of everyone because I saw the first season a while ago and I don't read the manga, so none of it was fresh in my head.

Also I'm also part of the seemingly very small minority that isn't gaga for Hinagiku, so meh on the ED. But then again I usually don't listen to OPs and EDs beyond the first episode unless the animation sequence is known to change or if I know there's a song change mid season.

Sick_Bastard-kun said:
Good episode, I haven't actually seen the first season but if this is good I'll watch it as well.
I think you should watch the first season first. Might help with some storyline and background info sorta things, but then again the narrator might remind viewers about everything that comes up.
Apr 5, 2009 6:30 PM

May 2007
MRLX69 said:
Defiance said:
DaBigD said:
Jacut said:
A Hinagiku spin-off would be much more interesting than a second season of HnG.
This.
Uh, no.

Yes. Hina FTW.

No, no, no, no, no!!!
Hinagiku is good in small bits but too much and she would get annoying. I hope she isn't in too much.
My anime list
Apr 6, 2009 2:16 AM

Jan 2008
Overall the show seems to have remained the same, which is very good in my opinion. One thing that bugs me though is the subtle difference in drawing style. since i just crammed all of season one into the past week or so, the difference to me is obvious.

i also noticed the lack of parody, but hopefull that will pick up. good start so far.

but wtf is with that op? kotoko's stuff was much better
Apr 6, 2009 2:27 AM

Sep 2008
Loved the Ending.

Go Hina x Hayate!!
Apr 6, 2009 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
Himuro was hilarious ^_^ And lol I actually predicted that Yukiji would win the race when Nagi was running last meters haha, I laughed so hard. Awesome episode and Hinagiku ED made it even better. 5/5
Apr 6, 2009 2:25 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was awesome, very funny episode. Glad I can enjoy this anime again. The Hinagiku ED is love, absolutely great. The only thing left is me getting used to the new Nagi animation. SS-Eclipse banzai.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 6, 2009 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
Nice episode. Too bad there was no KOTOKO OP. But the ED was nice. Hinagiku.
I also noticed that there where no references in this episode. Hope we'll get them in the next episode.
Apr 6, 2009 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
Decent for an intro episode. I liked both the OP and ED songs, and glad I got to see a lot of Maria in the first episode.

Max Heart ftw.
Apr 6, 2009 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
vindemon64 said:

And everytime Nagi spoke, I kept picturing Taiga. Gah...can't they use a slightly different voice. It's a tad annoying to me.

Funny, every time Taiga spoke I kept picturing Nagi.

I also fear that there might be too much Hina, she's like the spice the improves the dish, use it too often and it's no longer special.

I enjoyed the OPs in season 1 that I rarely sped through them but this one bored me almost immediately. I hope the ED signals that they will be changing often the Hina one is a wonderful example of HnG's signature humor.

Although I liked this episode a lot, I didn't see the need to reintroduce everyone immediately that took six episodes in Season 1 - they could have taken a little more time.

But all that is minor - Hayate is back and the world is brighter because of it.
Apr 6, 2009 4:24 PM

May 2008
this episode was a lame season opener.... max heart was the only thing i found funny...

o and the hina ED!!!!! The first time i have ever watched the entire ED in any anime.
Apr 6, 2009 5:57 PM

Jan 2007
They took out the best joke that was in the manga D:

other than that, it was a pretty good episode.
Apr 6, 2009 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
A refreshing episode to start off the second season. I am longing for this after I finished season one a couple of months ago. Hopefully, we can get to see the "gang" again stirring up with all those comical parodies and such.

Anyway, I really like the ending song especially it's been sung by my favorite character of this series.

I would like to thank the only devoted fan sub group of this series for bringing us again this wonderful show. Those signs were really helpful.

Apr 6, 2009 10:45 PM

Jul 2007
The episode was okay, but I liked the character design from the first season much more :/
Nonetheless, I'm still very looking forward to watching this season.
Hinagiku ending theme is <3
Apr 6, 2009 11:11 PM

Aug 2007
Well one thing they got right is knowing who the principal character of the show is. Feel free to slap yourself if you think I'm talking about Nagi. I'm expecting lots more Hina Love and its great to know that J.C.Staff will deliver! If the OP/ED is any indication of things to come...
Apr 7, 2009 12:31 AM

Nov 2007
They decided to ignore the anime original material of season 1 from the looks of it, thus Kazuki got introduced as if he has always been around, which makes me wonder how they'll deal with him since season 1 omitted him. Points to J.C Staff for trying to be faithful I guess. On another note: HELL YEAH SONIA NEXT EPISODE!
Apr 7, 2009 7:36 AM

Oct 2007
Nice episode. Isumi panicking when Nagi was 'training' was hilarious. Hinagiku was cute as usual also. I loved when she realized she was standing on the bridge and broke down, so cute ^_^

Also I loved the Hinagiku ED.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 7, 2009 9:04 AM

Jul 2008
Ah, how I missed you Hina-chan~
ED was win, watched it 3 times now in a row <3

because it not only had my favorite HNG char but also my 2nd fav Risa ^^
Apr 7, 2009 9:39 AM

Mar 2008
Finally, Hayate is back ! So they started with the marathon from volume 6. Really a funny episode. The new ending is really good, but Hinagiku's ending is made of supreme win !
Apr 7, 2009 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god, a Hinagiku ED <3
Apr 8, 2009 6:06 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome opener epi, reintroducing all of the cast using the Marathon chap was pure genius but still confusing for others following the first season though (Ayumu's little bro then Sonia from the OVA) Anyway, can't wait for the next epi. Hina ED ftw~ <33

Apr 8, 2009 7:00 AM
Jan 2009
not that anyone really responds to each other on this or any other thread ive been on, but i think the first episodes of the two seasons are pretty similar... note that in the first episode of the first season, there werent really many references either. and like ive said before, the humor overpowered the first season (not that i minded it too much) but i would actually want a somewhat serious storyline like the manga...
Apr 8, 2009 7:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It's not like every episode of the first season had references. I'm sure we'll be getting an equal amount of them again if this season is as long as the first one was.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 8, 2009 2:49 PM
Nov 2008
AAH! This ED...conflicts me...

Throughout all of season 1, I was a fan for Ayumu Nishizawa (Hamster FTW)

but now...after that flawless ED.... you Hina fans may have sucked me to the dark side

Im so conflicted...
Apr 8, 2009 6:18 PM

Nov 2008
J.C Staff ??
no wonder the animation looks a bit different than 1st season
Apr 8, 2009 10:27 PM

Feb 2008
virgo_sama said:
J.C Staff ??
no wonder the animation looks a bit different than 1st season

Yeah, it totally look different from the 1st season. Even the colors are more vivid and darker. :D

But, it's still okay. LOVE THE HINA ED!! :D
Apr 8, 2009 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode, I love this series!

Katsura winning at the end was so funny (even though you could see it coming that someone was going to overtake Nagi, it was still great. xD)

I don't like Nonohara's purple hair... it was better white. I guess it doesn't really matter though, you don't see much of him. Izumi (the student council girl, not Isumi lol) also has really purple hair now.

I'll get used to it. xD Can't wait for episode 2.

Apr 9, 2009 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
Loved the opening, ending, introduction to each character, and episode overall. However, I still don't like the animation. I suppose I'll get use to it eventually, but I really much prefered the previous studio.
Apr 9, 2009 1:03 PM

Feb 2008
Great episode i wish the fight between Hina and Hayate was a little longer though. Hina ending hell yea!!!
Apr 9, 2009 2:40 PM
Aug 2007
ED song was epic...Hinagiku = <3

So I've been reading on ANN that they keep saying it is only 13 episodes long this time around. Someone please confirm?
Apr 9, 2009 4:27 PM

Sep 2008
13 episodes? o_o That's a big change from the last season...

If this season is as good as the first, I hope that's not true. xD
Apr 9, 2009 5:09 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm, it was ok I could been better for a first ep of the second season :\
Apr 10, 2009 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
Powalen said:
13 episodes? o_o That's a big change from the last season...
I wouldn't say that's really set in stone. ANN simply saying "we have 13" is pretty ambiguous. They are saying the same thing about FMA:B, which is utter nonsense considering how much manga material that series has to cover.

So what I'm getting at is that you should take that with a grain of salt, there's a good chance there will be more than a mere 13 episodes.
Apr 10, 2009 8:31 AM

Jul 2008
Hinagiku ed = WIN although its been said over many times
ok start, just hope they try to use more of the manga than coming up with original stuff.
=d episode 2 is coming out in 2 hours =D atleast that's wat CR said
Apr 10, 2009 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad way to start the beginning, Maid Black and Maid White were funny and the ending with Yukiji winning made me laugh out loud.

Also, Hinagiku ending is strange.
Apr 10, 2009 10:41 PM
Dec 2007
Seems like only 1/3 of the people here caught on to the fact the second season is ditching pretty much all of the original material from the first season and sticking to manga, by the looks of it. So, they had to ditch a few jokes in order to introduce extra characters which will be around later-on (they even introduced the "Sister" earlier during the OVA). I'm only really mourning the Klaus "fight" with the pretty boy butler. Also, they pointed out clearly that only 1 month has passed between the day Hayate began working as a butler and the start of Second Season, so they completely ignored season one's timeline and returned to the manga's timeline.

The animation does not really bother me at all, and at times it really seems more accurate to the manga than the old one, but maybe that's just me. So if they follow the manga more, it means this season will show who the true Hayate fans are, in a sense. And yes, you should be prepared for plenty of Hinagiku and Ayumu (great for Ayumu since she got relegated to such a minor character last season).

Anyway, big changes for the better or worst. If they follow the manga and strike a good balance between gags and character development I will love it. I always liked the Hayate manga over the anime due to the fact that the manga had an actual plot to move it onward, instead of relying on it's references and jokes to keep it afloat.

Apr 11, 2009 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
Faust721 said:
They took out the best joke that was in the manga D:

other than that, it was a pretty good episode.

I agree! I mean, the Klaus fight was one of the parts I was waiting for the most, but damn. It had me in stitches when I first read it in the manga but oh well, the episode kicked ass otherwise.
Apr 11, 2009 8:59 PM

Apr 2007
ED > entire episode
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 3, 2009 4:42 PM

Sep 2008
nihil said:
ED > entire episode

H-I-N-A Hinagiku~
Jun 6, 2009 7:09 AM

Jul 2008
Hina was awesome <3

And Max Heart was pure win :________DDDD

Jun 14, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
Well I never got why Hinagiku is loved by, like... everyone, so I don't mind the ED, it's ok I guess.

But I have to say I'm a little disappointed by this episode, there were barely any funny scenes and references.

I just hope it's was like that to allow them to introduce everyone (where's Tama?) and next eps will be funnier.
Jun 14, 2009 9:28 PM

Nov 2006
=\ The second season moves at a much slower pace and with the lack of references to other anime, it's just not as fun. Oh well....we get to meet everyone again and hopefully it picks up from now on.
Aug 2, 2009 12:19 AM

May 2008
Tekky99 said:
Where'd the over-the-top humor go?
Where'd the endless references go?

D=

Hopefully it's only for this episode, cause this does not bode well for the rest of the series.

Exactly what I'm thinking... I'm very worried about season 2. The art is all off, it seems slower-paced, no references AT ALL... I just hope it turns out better. Especially the art. Saki looks retarded now. Oh and Hina's hotness went way down.
But at least we have a Hina ED, wooooo!!!
Oct 14, 2009 5:47 PM

Jun 2009
Great start to what will hopefully be antoher great season of Hayate!! Althoguh there weren't any references I didn't mind their adsence because I love the characters so much!! :D
Oh and the ED was awesome
Dec 26, 2009 10:19 AM
Aug 2007
Okay, now where is my Maria centered ending?

I understand Hina has her fans and I have no problem with an ending centered aroud her, but only if you do endings centered around other characters as well. Not all of us are Hinagiku fans.

Although this is JC Staff, so my expectations for this season were low to begin with.
Jan 3, 2010 2:46 PM

Nov 2008
Opening was decent, but ending was awesome! Hina ftw <3
Feb 18, 2011 6:03 AM
Sep 2010
The animation was a bit different, but it didn't take that long to get use to. I really like the theme song. The first episode was a good start.
Uploader53
Nov 19, 2011 1:51 AM

Feb 2011
Hinagiku is probably the only character I know that got her own ending song :D

H-I-N-A All they way ^_^

Looks like Maria is going to have less screen time bcoz of Hina xD ♥
Nov 24, 2011 3:56 AM

Sep 2011
Haha I actually really enjoyed that episode. I didn't even realize they didn't use references (Unless I didn't catch any?) that episode. Favorite part of the episode: Hina being scared of heights and Hayate threatening to shake the bridge they both randomly appeared on. :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClearSinz - Apr 10, 2009

91 by mySaudate »»
May 22, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Sep 18, 2009

140 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2009

61 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 12, 2023 6:00 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2009

103 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2009

46 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 5, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.