Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 2, 2009 1:23 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was a good opening, <3 ghost, I always wonder how can she change clothes if she's a ghost, and at the end we see the mecha.

RAW is out imo.
Apr 2, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2008
Yea so with just the first episode the series caught my attention.
Although watching the RAW I wasn't able to pick up on everything that was going on at certain points.

I was kinda confused as to how she changed cloths as well. o.o
Working
Apr 3, 2009 1:34 AM

Feb 2009
The first episode was pretty good, but I expected something more... I really liked The OP =) Can`t wait watching with subs ^^

Apr 3, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2007
I hadn't set my hopes high on this (in fact, I wasn't even going to watch it,) but I was glad to watch it. The whole thing was chaotic and a little bit hard to understand without the subs. I'm not sold to the ghosts changing clothes business, but I don't really care, since she looks cute. I had been expecting more like a school life, not random mecha appearing from the boxes and flame users. Well, I'll surely continue watching this.
Apr 3, 2009 9:15 AM

Feb 2009
I was expecting some more too.
It was a bit confusing, and even harder without subs.
Hopes it gets better next.
But i liked the graphics and musics.

From what i understood, the clothes change is a secret ("naisho").
So, i don't think they will tell us how she can change, and I don't mind.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Apr 3, 2009 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
Who's subbing this?
Apr 4, 2009 12:22 AM

Oct 2007
interesting, the music and art fit nicely with the show. too bad no subs yet, slightly confusing since my comprehension is pretty craptastic, either way i still enjoyed it, hope to see subs soon. but if not i'll still continue to watch
Apr 4, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2008
Yey for opening ! It was really awesome and animation style looks really nice. I'm just not sure about the plot yet 'cause I watched RAW version. But I continue to watch ~

Apr 4, 2009 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
Have to say that I didn't really liked this first episode, although those last few minutes were actually pretty good.
Apr 4, 2009 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
Kayro said:
Have to say that I didn't really liked this first episode, although those last few minutes were actually pretty good.

Same, it was very introductory, though that is kinda to be expected. Subs out now by AoT also. It was fairly interesting though, a lot of question marks remain in my head though the primary ones got answered.

Also, I've gotta ask, was I the only person that didn't like the OP? This brings back bad memories of Shikabane Hime :(

And as a final note, badass Fuko is badass.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 4, 2009 12:58 PM

Feb 2009
i like the idea with the ghost, and i wasnt expecting this anime to be so good
Apr 4, 2009 1:03 PM

Oct 2008
Well, I came into this anime with about 0 expectations, and it turned out to be pretty amazing. The first 3/4 of the episode were pretty dull, but I really like the character/mecha design and music so far. I think it has a lot of potential (although the whole mafia-style fighting was a bit overdone).
Apr 4, 2009 1:30 PM

Apr 2008
I found it pretty good, a lot better than I thought it would be. The characters have good designs are the costumes/attire seems kinda interesting although I thought that the Senpai totally ripped off Orginization XIII lol. I still don't understand if the orangey scenes were flashbacks or not but we'll just have to see.

This anime reminds me of Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora with the summoning of big mech like things and everything being thrown at the main character excepted a little better executed.

Anyways I'll watch the 2nd episode and maybe more if gets better.
Apr 4, 2009 1:35 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like it has potential. The first episode really was just an introduction to the world and to the main character (as well as his situation). The hints about him choosing to accept whatever power was in the box in order to save his ghost girlfriend do really make me want to know more about it.

I don't think the clothes changing thing is a big deal really. She is a ghost, they could simply explain it as her willfully changing her existence for all we know and it would more or less make sense. Him asking where she got the clothes and her answering it was a secret was something i saw as just being playful.

All depends on where they go from here as while the first episode set them up well for a potentially interesting story, of course it doesn't assure it.

p.s. I thought the Shikabane Hime OP was good and very fitting personally.
Apr 4, 2009 1:43 PM

Mar 2008
Well... I also did give this a try without any prior knowledge.

Opening was good. Art, chara design was ok. The action, mecha whatever part wasn't really bad, either.
But the whole stuff going on at the school was very generic (and a little boring) incl. your typical male best friend. Male hero was a little bit superior than your typical male main.

I really liked the ghost girl, though. Of course ghost girls aren't really original either, but a cloth changing main ghost girl is definitely some rather original spice. That was about the only great thing about this episode.
Well, overall I am not convinced, since most of the episode was rather boring, but I might give it another episode.
ForeverApr 4, 2009 2:16 PM
Apr 4, 2009 1:51 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, lol. Not quite sure what to say. The music is pretty good again and there was quite a lot of action. Hovering Misao made me laugh a few times. Let's see where this will go.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 4, 2009 1:54 PM

Feb 2008
That was interesting. Animation was okay, Chara design was okay, Music was awesome. I like Angela's songs.

<3
Apr 4, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
De-JaY said:

<3

Yay, heterochromia! I finally have someone to identify myself with ^_^
Apr 4, 2009 3:27 PM
Dec 2007
Never imagined a character like this could be created. Kugimin + hetereochromatic eyes + tsundere + miko. How much archetypal can you get honestly? Four impossible features put together in one character is really too much.

Apart from that, the script was too big to swallow, the characters too cliché, the direction too blank and the overall atmosphere seen too many times for me to care about watching a second episode. The apparition of a mecha at the end pretty much settled the deal for me after a load of lame situations. Extremely generic anime, I need some more interesting/original animes right now, so I dropped it. Too bad, I love angela's OP/ED...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 4, 2009 3:33 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I watched this episode not knowing exactly what this anime was about, and I liked it.

But why didn't some of you guys like the first 3/4 of the ep? I thought they were good. Anyway, not a fan of he OP/ED songs, but I usually don't like them so nothing new there.

Im going to watch ep 2 next week.

Apr 4, 2009 3:55 PM

Aug 2008
This was pretty stupid. In a bad way. I'm not a fan of the "totl kaos 4 teh first few eps 2 make it look deep" thing.

Not giving up on it yet though.
Apr 4, 2009 4:01 PM

Sep 2007
Very introductory and a bit confusing but interesting and good.

And OP is great!

I want to know what will happen in next chapters =O waiting for that!

Kouta~
Apr 4, 2009 4:30 PM

Jul 2008
Don't really know what to think of this, so I'm pretty indifferent on it right now. I'll continue to watch to see where it goes. Gave the episode a 3/5.
Apr 4, 2009 4:35 PM

May 2008
Kvakond said:
This was pretty stupid. In a bad way. I'm not a fan of the "totl kaos 4 teh first few eps 2 make it look deep" thing.

Not giving up on it yet though.

Total chaos? The episode was presented linearly punctuated by exactly two flashbacks -- both of which pertained to the same information.

1. Boy involved in accident and ghost appears to him.
2. Three years later, he's going to school.
3. His brother, who is a mysterious scientific genius, traveling the world, sends him a box.
4. Various groups want the box and, thus, show up to try to get it.
5. Boy opens box.

The flashbacks reveal boy had contact with box and with girl ghost before his accident and that he made a hard choice to save her. The assumption is that the girl's present state is a result of that choice.

I don't see what's chaotic about any of this or what's meant to make it "look deep" -- it's an utterly standard narrative set-up.
chicanerousApr 4, 2009 4:48 PM
Apr 4, 2009 4:43 PM

Sep 2008
I had no plans to watch this anime, but I had a little free time, so I ended up liking it a little, so I'll continue with it. I liked the opening a lot, but then again, ever since Shikabane Hime, I've started to like Angela. As long as there is a little romance, I'll be satisfied. On another note, I like Kurosaki's one-arm-sleevelessness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2009 5:08 PM

Dec 2007
not as good as I had hoped... but the last scene, namely the last shot really shows promise for this show. Here's hoping to great action
Apr 4, 2009 5:08 PM

Sep 2008
Too much to take in all at once in the very first episode, all the characters, what the hell was going on and all the stuff in between. I'll still keep an eye on this series since it's still just the first episode, but it ain't at the top of my priority list.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 4, 2009 5:25 PM

Jan 2008

The OP threw me off a bit - but started to make sense in the latter part of the episode. Pretty good episode for the start. I just hope either the quality either gets better or stays at this standard for the rest.
Apr 4, 2009 6:03 PM

Feb 2008
I liked it, I doubt it's going to be a thrill a minute, plot twist shocker anime, but it still looks good.

I like the animation alot and I LOVE the school uniforms and Kurosaki's kickass jacket. I love the cuffs on everyones outfit, they're so niffty. I'd probably watch just to see the outfits if everything else sucked.
No one dies in Bleach.
Scratch that, my logic fails me once again....
Apr 4, 2009 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
Don't know really what to say, the artwork is ok nothing special and I found the episode a little boring. The op was fine too but didn't think it was that great. Going to keep watching though to give it a chance.
Apr 4, 2009 7:48 PM

Feb 2008
well nothing is explained and everything is just thrown in there in the mix. this better be 51 eps.
Apr 4, 2009 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
I think it was good for a first episode....it seems they want to give you glimpse and pieces of what the real story is about. Hopefully they will explain it well in the next episodes.
Apr 4, 2009 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
okay so he has a ghost fallowing him around who some how changes clothes, and sleeps above him wearing only a shirt. off to a good start.
but now we have three factions; the inquisition group, the society of darkness, and some weird yakuza type group. and now we have a mini mecha coming out of a suitcase, things just keep getting better and better^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 4, 2009 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
wow i watched this with 0 expectations and i am gladly surpised!,didn't like the opening,did like the ending,will keep watching this for sure!
Apr 4, 2009 8:35 PM

Feb 2009
Slow to start is how I'd describe this show. 3/4 of this episode was dedicated to slice of life, and since this isn't that kind of anime, it was pretty boring. But things start to get interesting at the end, so I'll definitely check the next episode out at least.

Some situations were pretty stupid though, like the 3 faction leaders pointing guns/fire balls at each other not moving at all, even when Tomo was about to open the suitcase and that guy in white was summoning his mecha.

Anyway this'll probably turn out to be a generic shonen anime with lots of action and stereotyped characters but as long as it's enjoyable, I don't care.

Oh and Tanaka Rie is awesome.
AlexstratzApr 4, 2009 8:41 PM
Apr 4, 2009 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Okay...that episode was kind of confusing...

It was okay though. Misao is pretty cute. I'll give it a couple of more episodes
Apr 4, 2009 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
Good first ep. However, the direction of the series looks... quite bad.
Apr 4, 2009 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
A little overwhelming with everything thrown in. Since it's the first episode I guess it's the foundation setting in, let's hope it doesn't crumble later on. Also it be nice if they don't go overboard with Higuchi, his character type is getting a tad old...
Apr 4, 2009 10:56 PM

Sep 2008
Well... It took alittle getting use to but I must say I'm somewhat interested in this series..

Not sure how well it will turn out but I can say that the first ep was interesting... Just have to wait and see for how it follows up on this..
Apr 4, 2009 11:06 PM

Jan 2008
I don't see what's so odd about a ghost changing clothing. A spiritual entity should be able to look like whatever it wants to...

Overall a solid intro episode. His mech did remind me a bit of Gad Guard though.
Apr 4, 2009 11:59 PM
Feb 2008
Well this was pretty interesting for the first episode at least it didn't bore me to death -_-

Anyway I think it's going to be a good show so I will continue watching (hopefully this will have around 26 episodes if more I don't know if I would watch it anymore)
Apr 5, 2009 12:02 AM

Jan 2008
I found the episode rather boring and I didn't like the animation xD I don't think I'll continue watching the series :3
We're all insane
Apr 5, 2009 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
I found dis episode to be rather random, or should i say weird. I mean different groups started appearing all over the place and den converging in the very same house at the same time. Altho I think im gonna watch on coz it pique my interest and misao was cute xD
Apr 5, 2009 1:33 AM

May 2008
That was a bit confusing, but it looks kinda interesting and i really like the characters design and it has decent animation so i'll keep watching this anime for now.
Apr 5, 2009 3:40 AM

Oct 2008
Jacut said:
Apart from that, the script was too big to swallow, the characters too cliché, the direction too blank and the overall atmosphere seen too many times for me to care about watching a second episode. The apparition of a mecha at the end pretty much settled the deal for me after a load of lame situations. Extremely generic anime, I need some more interesting/original animes right now, so I dropped it. Too bad, I love angela's OP/ED...

I can't help but agree with you about how cluttered this show seems. The jammed it full of info which made it real hard to enjoy. The character design seemed like I'd seen a million times before, oh wait i have. But still I think I'm gonna watch the next couple of episodes to see if they can unclutter or focus on a particular story.

Apr 5, 2009 3:41 AM

Apr 2008
Can anyone tell me what this series is about. Cuz I don't get it anymore. Is it about people with superpowers, a school, superrobots or ghosts. I don't get it....

Well it looks like it can become somthing I'm gonna like, so lets not drop it jet.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 5, 2009 6:10 AM

Oct 2007
Compared to what it showed in the CM, this was really quite dull imo.
Apr 5, 2009 6:33 AM
Oct 2007
let's see, we so far have mysterous glasses girl, ghost girl, genki childhood friend, miko with heterochromia ~desu, bossy class rep/council president?, and confused why is this guy talking to himself girl lol. Seems from the ed we will have several more girls introduced. Looks like ghost girl is voiced by Tomatsu, Haruka (Nagi, Chika, Shiho, and Lala)
zeroryoko1974Apr 5, 2009 6:38 AM
Apr 5, 2009 7:18 AM
May 2008
Nothing too special but it kept me entertained throughout the episode. I guess I'll be sticking with this one for the time being.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 5, 2009 12:26 PM
Sep 2007
Jacut said:

QFT

As for my impression, Generic with a capital G pretty much sums it up. Felt to me like they tried to stuff as much cliches into one episode as they could handle. And then some more.
I just hope this katamari develops, maybe it reaches critical cliche mass and fuses into something new and different with a great story, or something. Or not.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

81 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

29 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 9, 2009

89 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 6 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 7, 2009

44 by DonTrumpolino »»
Mar 13, 2020 6:05 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' Episode 3 Discussion

japanme32 - Apr 16, 2009

49 by DonTrumpolino »»
Feb 11, 2020 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.