Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 4, 2011 4:36 AM

May 2010
OMG Date was *____________* <3<3<3
and the opening was amazing :D
May 7, 2011 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Dual-spears or 6 swords, take your pick. Also, very interesting boss-underling relationship.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 22, 2011 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
lol @ the random English. I'll keep watching this (: hope it turns out to be good
Jan 17, 2012 9:36 AM

Sep 2010
LETS PARTY! lol Why is their handle bars and mufflers on Date's horse? xD

Geez Yukimura just keep on getting pounded by Shingen. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 19, 2012 3:54 PM

Dec 2011
Looks like an interesting anime, the only thing that bothered me a bit was Samurai "speaking" English,
so funny :)
Jan 22, 2012 3:42 AM

Dec 2010
I should note one thing. If you take a look at my comments about this first Season of Sengoku Basara you'd really wonder what am I doing re-watching it now. So I'll explain it, for once, now.
The first time I watched this I didn't really know what to expect except maybe for some epic fights. Yes, but that's just what I was thinking I'm expecting. Up to now every anime I've watched had more or less these stuffs: Drama, Real background story, Characters with strong reasons to do what they're doing, including personal dramas. So Sengoku Basara was something unknown to me and I didn't like it even a bit. But now after I've watched Season 2 and having thought on the whole anime, it seems like one of the most epic animes ever.
So my point is this: if you're wondering what's this anime all about, just focus on the clashes between Yukimura and Date(both fights' and wills'). It sound like a too easy way to explain it, but this anime is all about conflicts between this and another character. Date and Yukimura. Kenshin and Shingen. Mouri and Chousokabe(you'll come to realize it about these guys later on). They express themselves in the fights/duels they are taking part of. The actually interesting characters believe, from the bottom of their hearts, in the reason they're fighting for, but in the same time they all fight for the sake of the fights - that's why all of them has rivalry with this or that other general. Sengoku Basara has unique kind of spirit, and if you can't understand me now, you'll know what I'm talking about later on. If you think you know what I'm talking about - you'll actually get it later on :D.

tl;dr: In any case wait to watch Season 2 and the Movie, and have some time after them, to feel the real spirit of this anime. Most importantly: DO NOT SEEK FOR LOGIC IN SB! There is no logic in it, or a more accurately said: it has it's own logic.

Now about my personal thoughts on this episode: Having re-watching it, I really know what I'm watching, so I enjoyed every single bit of it. The character spotlights were epic and I enjoyed Mouri's and Chousokabe's the most(you'll get to know them either in the S1 OVA or in Season 2). It's good to see again how did the first clash between Date and Yukimura go, and to watch over the land when the war is raging on. Back then I couldn't follow the war but now I understand everything. Great! :D
Apr 2, 2012 3:58 AM

Mar 2012
Omg I just fell into this anime and Im completely nerding out. Im a huge Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors fan and this feels like its anime. Im in love with it
Jul 17, 2012 11:18 AM
Sep 2011
As expected form Production I.G. the production values are above average. I especially liked the way how the action scenes got animated. It's ridiculous how out of proportions they get blown but the flashiness is also incredibly pleasant to watch.

I found the "Woodpecker Maneuver" quite interesting. To arrange a situation in which you hand over your enemies to a third party to fight is as sneaky as ingenious it is.
Oct 2, 2012 10:01 PM

Nov 2011
lol...date's horse...built almost like a motorcycle...2 handle bars and 2 mufflers
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 13, 2013 4:41 PM
Jul 2012
Ok start.
Don't know what the story is about.
Cool fighting
Dane is somewhat a cool villan i guess.
May keep watching this.
3/5
Mar 17, 2013 3:57 PM

Jun 2011
First impression... This is ridiculous. The fighting scenes were worse than anything I've seen in Bleach or Naruto and the costumes are too over-the-top in a toe-cringing way. Other than that, the plot seems a bit thin.

But I'll watch a few more episodes and see if anything gets better.

The only redeeming point is the relationship between Yukimaru and his boss, pretty amusing.
Jan 14, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2011
Heh a cliffhanger huh? Not bad for first episode I suppose. A lot of characters introduced though. I'm not a fan of historical anime so this might take me awhile to get used to.
Mar 15, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
My reaction throughout the episode: ????????????????????

Will put on hold for now.
May 22, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
Man, I loved and understood this more than I thought I would, but that's the advantage to Koei games I guess.

Loved this ep, hope to love the rest.

The Sengoku Basara games shall soon be mine, also!
Jun 16, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2012
So far it is good. Nice fight scenes and the osts are good too. But I am just wondering why Date is sometimes speaking in english. Haha, sounds so weird since this is a old era setting. But that boss and the red man's relationship are amusing just punching each other. Men!!
rebelakumaJun 16, 2014 7:17 AM
Jul 4, 2014 10:33 AM

May 2012
Got goosebumps all over when Wakamoto Norio started to talk! Damn he's just so damn amazing! Pretty decent start, quite like the action so let's see what this anime will offer us!
Oct 16, 2014 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
I've watched a lot of nobunaga/ warring states period- anime shows and most of them sucks. I just finished Nobunaga Concerto and it was really good but it was too short. Only 10 episodes dammit! So I came here and I must say this is definitely the show I'm looking for.

Wars and stuff with blood-pumping action together with some comedy and maybe even drama.. I'll enjoy this.
Sep 3, 2016 7:18 PM

Feb 2015
my brother started watching this i think when it recently came out (dunno if it was fully aired or not) and me and my other brother watched it with him, but never finished it.

i think i'll start now.

date sounds like the police guy from gintama, and his english is laughable (but not in a bad way). this episode felt so dang fast that i think i just saw S1 in 23 minutes.

i like the MC, he reminds me of an exaggerated version of my favorite FF character, zach fair. come to think of it oda reminds of an exaggerated version of angeal as well.

nice to see some sakuga in the first minutes and throughout. i was wondering who would animate something so nicely when the OP (or ED???) showed that it was IG. so yeah no wonder.

nice feel good anime. not sure of the plot but that's fine, it seems more character driven anyway. if only the oppai girl didn't freak me out...
TomDaySep 3, 2016 8:27 PM
Today, 12:46 AM

May 2020
The first episode already on fire! Battle of Yukimura vs Masamune is quite entertaining. Not bad at all.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 17, 2009

88 by sharosharo »»
Today, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

57 by sharosharo »»
Today, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

43 by sharosharo »»
Today, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

48 by sharosharo »»
Today, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 21, 2009

45 by sharosharo »»
Today, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.