Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 18, 2010 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
I just came to the realization that Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono voices Keiichi. Awesome!!

On another note I really hope their plan works out this time, if not I'd be depressed as hell
Nov 26, 2010 8:39 PM

Sep 2010
Glad to see how the hostility towards Satoko is resolved so quickly this time. Also, characters like Tomitake are having more active roles, instead of dying each time like before.

4 more episodes to go

Nov 28, 2010 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
So all the residents of Hinamizawa are united against Takano and the Yamainu, I can't wait to see how the last 4 episodes pan out.
Jan 1, 2011 4:37 PM

Dec 2008
T0sh1k1 said:
This is getting better and better each ep!! Loved when Keiichi and Sataoko came up with that plan and started laughing.

windy said:
if akasaka dies i am going to be so sad :(

ukonkivi said:
Man, I'm getting pumped.

Though this pretend Rika is dead move does seem kind chancy.
I mean, what a bold move to make.

Something about this could go very wrong, though I can't put my finger on it.

These are my thoughts, guys!!

I'm liking how risky Ooishi is about this and how everyone has become so closely knit after all this time thinking of them as all corrupt - especially Oryou. I LOVE what they've shown of her these past few episodes. It's like she's entirely changed as a person.
Jan 3, 2011 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
Awe his dad died =( that sucks! omg this is SO good! every1's 2gether putting their abilities 2gether and eventually going 2 create a better Hinimizawa! It was AMAZING when ppl were worried about Sataco! i was so happy! X3 yay i can wait to see how everything works... it was so cool when Akasaka said the phone was tapped jus then i was all hyped like I WANNA HELP! lol... hmm a story that Rika is already dead is VERY clever! OH and i LOVED the part where Mion was freaking out about the money X'D all in all it was an AWESOME epi!
Jul 2, 2011 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
LOVING IT!!!
feel sorry for oishi, but now everything DOES fit, at the beginning of the anime i was confused, but now, i' starting to get this very complex plot..... still, ON TO THE NEXT EPISODE!!!! XD
Feb 25, 2012 2:27 PM
Sep 2011
Keichi and satoko's laugh is so funny and contagious! Keichi's sounds really... nerdy x)

I'm glad Shion was in it. It wouldn't be nice if the series ended with no Shion :(
Mar 17, 2012 2:25 AM

Apr 2011
aww
seeing Akasaka return and Rika crying really made me feel sappy.
; ~ ;
Jul 2, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome~! I'm so excited for the retaliation. Takano will be surprised<3
Aug 10, 2012 6:23 AM

Oct 2011
It's very strange to see Hinamizawa people in this world didnt hold any grudge on hojou's family even Mion grandmother cares about Satoko ... that's totally the opposite for what we have seen before ... so the change become just like that !? I wonder about it .
Aug 13, 2012 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
kittygoesmad said:
i hope it will finally end well in this arc.
but one thing - why shion here isn't with them ?

I just realized this as well. It seems weird that she's with them in some worlds and then she's not.

Great episode~
Aug 13, 2012 1:32 PM
Dec 2007
Beedlebud said:
kittygoesmad said:
i hope it will finally end well in this arc.
but one thing - why shion here isn't with them ?

I just realized this as well. It seems weird that she's with them in some worlds and then she's not.

Great episode~
Shion lives with her parents, Mion lives with her grandmother. In some arcs she's more defiant to her grandmother and visits Hinamizawa just to spite her (and search for clues) and in others she just keeps being a little obedient in order to evade more punishment. Basically, the one constant thing about Shion is that she always meets Satoshi and always falls in love with him (hence all that stuff about taking Mion's place always happens). The rest changes depending on the arc.

But really Rika explains this already. She even mentions that she has been in worlds where Keiichi never transfered (the whole scene where she talks to Keiichi's dad is actually an event she always made sure to do because she realized her talking to the father ensured that keiichi would always move to Hinamizawa... this is explained in the game).
Leon-GunAug 13, 2012 1:35 PM

Jan 3, 2013 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
I love the build up. nuff said
Apr 3, 2013 7:07 AM

Mar 2013
That Satoko laugh is creepy in a beatiful way :S
And something i had thought about oishi's character, in the first season in one arc he appeared to be a gentle and good man and in another quite the arrogant one. I thought it was a flaw by the higurashi team to change his characters suddenly like that, but it seems he is a good guy , and becomes merciless against scum etc.
Oishi ftw!
Apr 29, 2013 8:51 PM
Aug 2011
Why doesn't Rika go talk to Oryou?
Apr 30, 2013 4:38 AM

Aug 2009
Adramelech said:
Why doesn't Rika go talk to Oryou?
Because she would obviously believe her....
May 22, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
BlueYoshi said:
I think just about everyone has been united now. I'm also relieved that Shion made an appearance. I was starting to think they forgot about her.

This.
Aug 29, 2013 1:13 PM

Feb 2011
Finally everything falls into place, I can´t wait to imagine how it will play out!
Oct 7, 2013 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
There is one issue with pretending that Rika is dead: won't they apply the emergency plan ANYWAY? They will think that they have less than 48 hours to wipe out the whole village before chaos breaks out so they will happily (try to) do that without realizing that it's not necessary.
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Nov 18, 2013 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
Takano has NO idea that everyone knows!

As with village people not hating Satoko anymore... my guess is that because everyone came around in the previous time loop now they kind of remember that and "don't want to see a child suffer". Ever since the first arc everyone has been growing as a person and getting their sh*t together (even Ooishi came around) to the point of problems slowly fixing themselves... leading to a hopefully good ending this time :)

I hope everyone survives this! Rika deserves a happy future with her friends!
Dec 5, 2013 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
Everything is falling into place nicely. Rika has build up her army and a plan has been hatched. But it wouldn't be interesting if the plan went smoothly, so i'm sure something is going to happen. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 13, 2013 6:33 PM

Jun 2013
I was wondering where Shion was.

Dec 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
Everything's coming up Rika!
Mar 16, 2014 8:19 PM

Jan 2009
well, everything seems to be setup against takano. lets see what happens

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 24, 2014 6:25 PM
Feb 2013
Man, everything is just building up to this climax, I can't wait for it. That being said, why wasn't Shino part of the planning group?
May 24, 2014 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Looks like they're all ganging up to go against Takanori and her plan.
Jun 9, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
Just love Satoko's mischievous laughter.
And it's really nice to see, how everyone has grown, including Oryou and other villagers.
But that appearance of Shion was too short, she should get more screentime!
Sep 26, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
But why episode title is "trap"?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 17, 2014 8:01 AM
Dec 2011
yes yes,,,,!!! kick that TAKANO bitches ass,,,, its time for war :3 i love it... actually OOISHI is the second older guy ever i fell in love with after jiraiya sensei of course :3 i love him... ooishi is honest cunning brutal and can kick ass ... i cant wait :3 everything is so clear now :3
Nov 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Nov 2013
Great build up episode.

Rika continues to gather all the people necessary to take down Takano!

More sexy Shion is good. ♥

Whenever Satoko laughs, I feel like slugging that bitch.

Higurashi is getting me hyped for the final battle! 4/5
FunnyRatmanNov 9, 2014 10:57 PM

Mar 25, 2015 4:42 AM
Nov 2014
It's really great to see Akasaka back again... dat Rika and Akasaka hug scene was sweet.

Even Ooishi is joining the gang to attack Takano, dis gon be good.

Looks like the dam conflict has been solved once and for all.
May 8, 2015 12:09 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap Grandma!!! Seems like everyone has finally woken up, but again bring back Shion!
May 28, 2015 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
I really don't like that Shion doesn't seem to be a part of the group in this world. Its the final damn world, the final fight for them, she SHOULD be a part of that. Didn't they even say in the last world that they would need EVERYONE fighting together to beat Takano?? I'm pretty sure Shion was with them at the time, so that INCLUDES her.

She better be a part of the main group before this ends, or I'm gonna be seriously disappointed.
Jul 21, 2015 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
Stuff is haaaaappeninggg
Dec 18, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2011
Build up over the last couple eps has been slow tbh, but still expecting a grand conclusion.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 6, 2016 12:43 AM
Nov 2010
Leon-Gun said:
akromataof said:
Why Bacchan suddenly became so good and carring??She creeps me out..
Anyway, i hope their plan works..But i don't think Takano is that fool to believe it..We'll see..
Just like everybody learned from their past worlds the village did as well. In particular she seems to innately remember Keiichi facing up to her and rallying the town in defense of Satoko which is probably why she mentions they can't hang on to curses and the war; the exact thing Keiichi fought to make her understand in the previous world.

Interestingly, that raises the question of how much Takano has also been affected by the loops. Perhaps some of the angst and determination we're seeing in this arc is a subtle result of the ineffable after-effects of what she's seen as well...
Feb 8, 2017 3:05 PM

Sep 2016
everyone who used to have different views or disagreements are becoming enlightened, looking forward to whats to come
Facta Non Verba
Apr 9, 2018 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
Man, I just love Satoko's laugh. I really like the job the VA did for Satoko's voice
Apr 24, 2020 4:18 AM

Feb 2018
Everyone prepare to fight Takano.
May 29, 2020 2:00 AM

May 2018
Now this is awesome! Everyone is fighting their part :) but will it be enough to defeat Takano-san's will and resolve?
May 29, 2020 2:03 AM

May 2018
Etceteral said:
Leon-Gun said:
Just like everybody learned from their past worlds the village did as well. In particular she seems to innately remember Keiichi facing up to her and rallying the town in defense of Satoko which is probably why she mentions they can't hang on to curses and the war; the exact thing Keiichi fought to make her understand in the previous world.

Interestingly, that raises the question of how much Takano has also been affected by the loops. Perhaps some of the angst and determination we're seeing in this arc is a subtle result of the ineffable after-effects of what she's seen as well...

I thought Takano is not affected because she survives the emergency protocol every time?
Jul 21, 2020 9:55 PM

Aug 2018
Omg so much progress was made, very soon Takano will be defeated.

Sep 26, 2020 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
That's actually an interesting plan, faking the death of Rika. Did not expect that, will be interesting to see Miyo's reaction. They united the whole village, I doubt anyone can stop them now haha.
Nov 1, 2020 1:05 AM
Oct 2019
Rika-chan meeting Akasaka-san again just wholesome 😊

Everyone prepare the planning for upcoming battle...

Wow it was Shion right there... I'm almost forgot about her..

Oishi-san and his fellow police is also ready!!! I am hyped 🔥
Nov 13, 2020 6:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I can assume that its fine and good on Shion's side too, continuing how great everyone respond to Takano Miyo's conspiracy, even with the whole villager too! Even the local police too, thanks to Oishi-san! Lol. This is such a relieved and i am proud with their plan (Satoko, and Keiichi) to fake Rika's death in the day of Matsuribayashi, then how they handle the strategy to laid some traps. They had some confidence and more determination now, even peoples seemed very trusted with Hanyuu and Rika's explanations. It must be good to see Miyo's reactions over their plan, looked at that preview! Now, now, what should you do Miyo? Could you break their action? Or could those plan end up good without any sacrifices needed? Oh well, ngl, i am pretty entertain with these development. So, yeah, lets see the next!

Also, i can't help but laughed when the after credit scene discussed oyashiro-sama.com sites, but ended up explaining the 'adult' website xD. Look at Hanyuu and dark Rika response. Their VA was so relaxing me >°<.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 20, 2020 5:49 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, I am loving the build up to this arc. Everything that has happened in all those worlds is important. Oh yeah, it's all coming together.

Always love the Rika and Hanyuu previews, they're always hilarious. Anyway, I am hyped for what's to come.
Sep 6, 2021 6:49 AM
Apr 2018
Shion is definitely back, but I'm curios why is she apart from the main crew, what is about that promise to care for Satoko she gave to Satoshi we've always seen earlier? Btw this arc doesn't show us anything about that whole Shion-Satoshi romance, is it possible they've never met in this one?

Also, happy for Rika and others, preparations are almost done to win the battle on Takano. But I can't get that grey-haired lady out of my head. I wonder, what her role will be on the outcome and that whole Plan 34 thing?

P.S. high hopes to finally see Tomitake omit his fate and survive in this one..
Dec 25, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 2021
in this arc everyone is so nice oryou, kimiyoshi, tomitake, oishi and the other police officers hopefully everyone is alive in the end
Dec 26, 2021 7:26 AM

Aug 2020
4 episodes to go.

I was wondering how they would conclude the series with a couple of episodes left. It seems like it will manage and won't be rushed.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 8, 2022 11:58 AM
Nov 2020
Bro this just shows how the world could be such a great place if poeple dont hold grudges and try to make up with each other
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.