New
Mar 30, 2009 11:31 PM
Mar 2009
well?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2009 11:32 PM

Apr 2007
no
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2009 11:35 PM

Aug 2008
This game steals souls - and a complete waste of money.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Mar 30, 2009 11:39 PM

May 2008
I liked it for some time then it got boring.
Mar 30, 2009 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
KyuuA4 said:
complete waste of money.
Mar 30, 2009 11:53 PM

Oct 2007
I hear that the gold farming industry is very profitable.
Mar 31, 2009 12:14 AM
May 2008
No I do not. I like your grammar OP.
Mar 31, 2009 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
Permidian said:
I liked it for some time then it got boring.

not just boring
you fell asleep while running through easy raids where you have nothing to do but click 2 buttons
Mar 31, 2009 12:31 AM

Mar 2009
I play off and on still. I find it too repetitive though to play on a regular basis. The non-gamers I've introduced to it absolutely love it though, spending multiple hours every day playing.
Mar 31, 2009 1:21 AM

May 2008
Everyone who has played it seems to think it is the only MMO in existance, every other MMO is put into comparison with WoW, everyone thinks WoW invented MMO's, everyone who thinks like that is naive and ignorant.

I hate WoW and how it has made the people who play it. As a person who has played a large number of MMO's it sickens me and frustrates me everytime I read articles/posts and threads with people spouting all that crap I mentioned above.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Mar 31, 2009 2:18 AM

Sep 2008
PvE WoW = A joke. Any idiot can handle it.

PvP WoW = Actually isn't bad. this is the only reason i continue to play this shitty game.

Most major MMO's that try to compete with WoW more or less RIP WoW off. I'm sure a number of you enjoy other MMO's but currently the best "gameplay" MMO available is this addictive drug of a game (IMO). But, to each their own, fun is subjective.

I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 $$$.
Mar 31, 2009 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
BlackDeath said:
Everyone who has played it seems to think it is the only MMO in existance, every other MMO is put into comparison with WoW, everyone thinks WoW invented MMO's, everyone who thinks like that is naive and ignorant.

I hate WoW and how it has made the people who play it. As a person who has played a large number of MMO's it sickens me and frustrates me everytime I read articles/posts and threads with people spouting all that crap I mentioned above.

I agree. WoW has stolen fucktons of things from other MMORPG's that exist way longer, copypasted it in an engine that technically supports pretty nice graphics, and fuck that up again by making horrible models and textures. You have to buy the game, then buy expansions, and also buy timecards so that you can join the hype and identify yourself as a retard in front of others.

Still in overall, it's not even worth $5,- a month, there's vietnamese prostitutes that offer way more fun for that money, and you even get an STD from it as a bonus. Sounds way more attractive than playing WoW.

Also, message to OP: Why are you commenting your own profile?
Mar 31, 2009 3:52 AM

Mar 2009
Chavez said:

I agree. WoW has stolen fucktons of things from other MMORPG's that exist way longer, copypasted it in an engine that technically supports pretty nice graphics, and fuck that up again by making horrible models and textures. You have to buy the game, then buy expansions, and also buy timecards so that you can join the hype and identify yourself as a retard in front of others.

Still in overall, it's not even worth $5,- a month, there's vietnamese prostitutes that offer way more fun for that money, and you even get an STD from it as a bonus. Sounds way more attractive than playing WoW.

I think its silly to claim that something was "stolen" from another game. Game genres have always evolved with each new title, taking features that worked with other titles and expanding/simplifying the underlying idea.

WoWs main contribution to the MMORPG genre was simplification. They streamlined things so that even non-gamers could enjoy themselves.

If you limit yourself to truly original titles, you probably haven't purchased many games lately :)
Mar 31, 2009 3:57 AM

Dec 2007
Kabutodude said:
Chavez said:

I think its silly to claim that something was "stolen" from another game. Game genres have always evolved with each new title, taking features that worked with other titles and expanding/simplifying the underlying idea.

WoWs main contribution to the MMORPG genre was simplification. They streamlined things so that even non-gamers could enjoy themselves.

If you limit yourself to truly original titles, you probably haven't purchased many games lately :)

Which in short means that they lack creativity. Nothing more nothing less.
Mar 31, 2009 3:59 AM

Sep 2008
wasted 2 years of my life playing wow(plus all that money spent on membership)....also lost a lot of time on studies coz of it and end up repeating

my advice for noobs starting it, get a girlfriend and take her out somewhere nice with the subscription fees wow charges you...its a whole lot more fun then asking for gold at stormwind city and who knows, you might even get a wow from her after(wink wink)
Mar 31, 2009 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
Never understood what is all that hype about WoW. Didn't really liked it.
Mar 31, 2009 7:26 AM

Dec 2008
Neverender said:
no
Mar 31, 2009 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
Fuck No

Mar 31, 2009 8:00 AM

Sep 2008
Nope. You have no clue how many people have failed high school because of this game.... I like Warcraft, but not WoW
Mar 31, 2009 8:27 AM

Mar 2009
LEEERROOOYY JENKIIINNSSS!~ lulz.

World of Warcraft ruins people's lives. Plus, it's a complete waste of money. I've played for like, a month and I got bored. ;_; I wouldn't want to screw my education for this.

Mar 31, 2009 8:52 AM

Apr 2008
I'm currently playing it, and yes i have spent a "while" playing it, but I'm not paying for it so I'll juice it as long as I can. As far as gameplay goes I haven't really played many, or even one MMO besides this game due to the fact that I'm not sure if there's that many for Mac computers, so this is basically a new experience for me which I find pretty fun.

Mar 31, 2009 9:49 AM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
PvP is good beacuse they actually built a decent combat model, where you have to strategize to win where you grind uber gear and win from everyone that doesn't have such equipment, and make use of all the many tools your class has.

Fixed that up.
Mar 31, 2009 10:28 AM

Mar 2009
oniichanpower said:
my advice for noobs starting it, get a girlfriend and take her out somewhere nice with the subscription fees wow charges you...its a whole lot more fun then asking for gold at stormwind city and who knows, you might even get a wow from her after(wink wink)

I might be able to take a date to McDonalds with the money saved from the WoW subscription, thanks for the advice. ;)

For the record I like WoW, but only in moderation. Its fun to play through the content and then I just tend to go back to other games and things till they release the next shiny new content update.

See You Space Cowboy
Mar 31, 2009 10:33 AM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
and how is that different from any other mmo, lol. at least in wow this grind is comparatively small. and you dont even have to put up with the shitty pve. also the disparity in stats between a casual and a serious player is most likely less than other games too, as the worst pvp gear is easy to get and has decent stats

A lot actually. Lineage 2 for example, that PVP system isn't based on what gear you have, it totally depends on how good you are and how you can use your character to your advantage the most. Next to that I am most definitely sure that there are other games that don't let equipment influence their gameplay as much as in WoW.
Mar 31, 2009 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
Never played it tbh, mostly due to the fact that several of my friends are no longer my friends because they spend ALL their time playing it (and I'm not even exaggerating).

I don't really like MMO's to tell you the truth; too slow for my taste.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
Mar 31, 2009 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
Do I like it? Meh, originally it was a good concept. Brought about many changes to the way MMO's are made and run now.

Do I play it? Yes, its a nice distraction when I'm stressed from work and the ton of projects I need to do for school. I just recently came back from a 4 month break (due to work and school) and I've been playing since beta.

The PvP system in WoW is flawed and was implemented in such a way that it totally killed what could of been a perfect PvP system. All it was turned into is a gear grind to get "teh uber g3ars". PvP when WoW originally came out was what it was about, massive battles for towns just because it was fun and something to do. Now it's just "I can't raid so I'm going to PvP for my epics". Sad really.
Mar 31, 2009 10:54 AM

Mar 2009
blockhead said:
Chavez said:
A lot actually. Lineage 2 for example, that PVP system isn't based on what gear you have, it totally depends on how good you are and how you can use your character to your advantage the most. Next to that I am most definitely sure that there are other games that don't let equipment influence their gameplay as much as in WoW.

i recall reading that L2 is one of the most grindy mmos ever. anyways, you never explained your claims, so i cant take anything from that, also ive played a bit of L2 and there was definitely gear grinds. PKing sucked balls in that game too, because of that gear loss mechanic.

L2 is a horrible grind.

Then again if MMO pvp is what your after then Guild Wars is surely the best game and better still its free to play.

The game isn't gear based, its down to the ablities you choose and team composition. I havnt dusted off my copy in over a year but it was really enjoyable when I was playing it back in the day.
See You Space Cowboy
Mar 31, 2009 11:31 AM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
Chavez said:

i recall reading that L2 is one of the most grindy mmos ever. anyways, you never explained your claims, so i cant take anything from that, also ive played a bit of L2 and there was definitely gear grinds. PKing sucked balls in that game too, because of that gear loss mechanic.

Which game have you been playing?

Also, I found a terrific article about WoW. Read it and be fair to yourself: most of it is true.
Mar 31, 2009 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
I've been playing L2 for about 4.5 years.

It's grindy as hell, but there's more to it, than just gear.

My friend (who is new to L2), at first, couldn't understand how can I beat 2-3 players at once, who had better gear than me.
Mar 31, 2009 12:17 PM

Dec 2008
blockhead said:
PvP is good beacuse they actually built a decent combat model, where you have to strategize to win where you grind uber gear and win from everyone that doesn't have such equipment, and make use of all the many tools your class has.

This statement was valid last year, not anymore though. Everything that made World of Warcraft a good e-sport has been ruined, chess is gone.

R.I.P.
Mar 31, 2009 1:01 PM

Sep 2008
Lol guess the anime community doesn't really like it, but the majority of gamers like it. But its started to die down A LOT recently, a lot like maple story^_^
x

>Inviting people to Lockerz, Pm if you want in<
Mar 31, 2009 1:14 PM
Aug 2007
vampalin said:
well?

No. Would rather play Diablo 2 (and D3, when it comes out)
Mar 31, 2009 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
the risk of losing your hard earned gear encourages stacking the odds up so theres no chance you will die, ie getting a big group to pk smaller groups, which is stupid and boring. compared to WoW where theres pretty much no risk to dying in pvp, encourages PKing at every possible opportunity, even if the odds are ridiculous, like 1v5. the article is terrible and not even funny

Only carebears moan about their 'hard earned gear'. If you aren't good at PK'ing, then don't do it for fuck sake. Don't grade a game low because you suck at playing it.

And how do you PK (Player Kill) if you are doing PvP? Once again, what game have you been playing? In L2 there's a very obvious line between PK and PVP. You PK if you are murdering a player (when he does not defend him/herself), and you're doing PvP if you are fighting a player (when he tries to kill you as well). This is one of the most basic understandings in all MMORPG's.

And that article wasn't supposed to be funny, it was meant to open your eyes, but it's lost effort to try and make a fanboy look at it from a neutral/wider perspective anyways.
Mar 31, 2009 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
Whoever made this topic, I give you one piece of advice.

Learn to freaking spell.
Hato-kunMar 31, 2009 11:31 PM

Mar 31, 2009 3:12 PM

Oct 2008
I have never even played any game of the series before. I do see it at stores.. They come in a trilogy package or something like that, I think.. Thus, my answer to the question here would be an obvious "no".
Mar 31, 2009 3:16 PM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
sure whatever. i meant 'world pvp' then, i guess

Don't wave it off as a 'sure whatever', what you said back there makes no sense at all and it immediately disproves like 90% of your arguments as you state you lose equipment during PVP which is absolutely out of the question in L2. You're just butthurt that you got ganked by a party while you were raping newbies.
Mar 31, 2009 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
MMOs don't interest me much.
Mar 31, 2009 3:21 PM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
Chavez said:
blockhead said:
sure whatever. i meant 'world pvp' then, i guess

Don't wave it off as a 'sure whatever', what you said back there makes no sense at all and it immediately disproves like 90% of your arguments as you state you lose equipment during PVP which is absolutely out of the question in L2. You're just butthurt that you got ganked by a party while you were raping newbies.

if you manage to kill someone while pvping, thats a PK, so, while pvping, you will rack up PKs, therefore pking is a part of pvping. what i said makes sense

Certainly not. If you kill someone during PVP you won't gain karma, of which you need quite some amount to start dropping equipment when being killed. Like I said, it doesn't make sense what you said, you either played a totally different game or you're trying to talk your way out of it.
Mar 31, 2009 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
Funny how World of Warcraft threads are prone to such debates. There's no such thing as "World PvP" in that game, it died a while ago. I've heard that Lineage II is the best MMORPG to play if you want to PvP.

I've lost interest in those kind of games, WoW has drained all my will to play from me.
Mar 31, 2009 4:18 PM

Oct 2007
Hato-kun said:
However made this topic, I give you one piece of advice.

Learn to freaking spell.
Whoever*
Mar 31, 2009 4:18 PM
Aug 2007
llxwarbirdxll said:
Hato-kun said:

Learn to freaking spell.
Whoever*

oh snap
Mar 31, 2009 5:55 PM

Nov 2007
I know a lot of kids at school who play it, but I definitely do not. I don't like the idea of having to pay every month to play a videogame. Once I buy it, I buy it. Also, WOW doesn't seem to have a very deep storyline or character development, which is a big issue for me when it comes to RPGs.
Mar 31, 2009 6:39 PM

Mar 2008
I played it for maybe a month and got bored of it very quickly. Ultimately quit playing before I started paying the monthly fee.

Sad part is a friend of mine needed to cancel his internet because he became so addicted to WoW. Fortunately he is now back to normal, and no longer needs his fix.
Alliance: In international politics, the union of two thieves who have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they cannot separately plunder a third.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mar 31, 2009 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
Played WoW for over three years. I'd always say I quit then end up coming right back two months later, even after all the ranting I'd do about how crappy and boring it is. After wotlk though it just became way to boring and I quit for good(hopefully). I think its mostly the people you play with that keeps people going back.
Mar 31, 2009 11:32 PM

Aug 2008
llxwarbirdxll said:
Hato-kun said:

Learn to freaking spell.
Whoever*

Say what? Don't make me sound like I can't spell.

I know where you lurk...

Apr 1, 2009 3:07 AM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
lol k, you know what mechanic im talking about. anyways i googled it and this guy confirms what im saying
http://www.karashur.net/mmorpg-articles/wowvsl2.php

Karashur website said:

The ladder system is flawed. Yes, its nice that you can obtain nice items through pvp, but those who play 22 hours a day are always going to screw up a system that doesn't reward SKILL How do you help eliminate this? Creating an algorithm that takes into account your kill/death ratio is a start.

Karashur website said:
RISK VS REWARD!!! I can't stress the importance of this anymore. It is this balance that will truly make a great game.

That guy is in conflict with his own arguments. Also, it doesn't disprove anything, in fact, it just gave kudos to L2, lol.

And you still don't seem capable of seeing the difference between PVP and PK.
Apr 1, 2009 4:28 AM

Mar 2009
i like how everyone complains about the costs..
i dunno how much it is in dollars but 13 euros per month is NOTHING...
Apr 1, 2009 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
CyaniteAbyss said:

World of Warcraft ruins people's lives. Plus, it's a complete waste of money. I've played for like, a month and I got bored. ;_; I wouldn't want to screw my education for this.
If WoW did 'ruin people's lives', then people must love it a lot. So it's a moot point to say such things anyways. You're only supporting how great WoW is, suggesting that people will procrastinate or whatever just to play WoW. The same point with a 'waste of money'. If people's willing to pay monthlies all the time, it just shows how much they 'like' the game. Anyways, we could have 99% of MAL's users state they hate WoW with a passion, while those numbers of dudes and chicks who plays WoW speak for themselves, without actually saying it. A game with 0 popularity would be suitable for a question such as "Do people actually like this game?" A popular game will obviously have people who like it, and people who don't. It's common sense.
Apr 1, 2009 6:27 AM

Dec 2007
blockhead said:
in this case, PKing ALWAYS sucks balls because killing a defenseless player, while a bit funny, could never provide the thrill of PvPing, and would become boring quickly, probably as boring as farming mobs. the exception is games like diablo 2 on hardcore mode where killing somebody causes them to lose their character forever. the hilarity in that outweighs the monotony. and if you are still confused about what i said in regards to L2 that guy elaborates it perfectly clear here:

That guy is way too influenced by other games, I've seen enough zerg clans that could care less about losing their gear. They still have their skill which is all that matters. Also, it perfectly describes how you were wrong about dropping equipment when PVP'ing with other players.

blockhead said:
killing somebody is satisfying in any game though, so its not a good balance to the mechanic at all. if you could steal other peoples gear by killing them, that would be a good balance.

Chavez said:
That guy is in conflict with his own arguments. Also, it doesn't disprove anything, in fact, it just gave kudos to L2, lol.

just reading the article puts me off playing L2 ever again. not a positive review at all. and i see no conflict. in any case the ladder system was axed and replaced with the superior arena ratings system.

It is in conflict as he compares it to a game as WoW. Lineage 2 is, unlike WoW, a Korean game (from one the parts of the world where creativity still prevails in the game industry unlike in the west) and this game has it's own rules.

Therefore, WoW fanboys like you and that guy that wrote that horrible review are totally incapable of looking at things from a neutral way. By default, in your eyes every game has to be similar to WoW to be anywhere near good. You can deny this in any way you want, however, when you plan to do so, look at how far you got your own argument off topic already just to get your right (which is out of the question already).

Vudis said:
i like how everyone complains about the costs..
i dunno how much it is in dollars but 13 euros per month is NOTHING...

+ $20,- (world of warcraft) + $25,- (burning crusade) + $40,- (wrath of the lich king) + any future expansions (at least 3 or 4 to come).
Apr 1, 2009 6:46 AM
Mar 2008
Chavez said:
blockhead said:

Fixed that up.

you are just bad
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
10 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
10 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
10 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.