Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 18, 2010 3:04 AM
Jun 2006
ciels said:
By_Fantasy said:
WOW needs to die!! I Want my WCIV xD..

TBH I'm not really a fan of MMOs for me they're all just about grinding

WoW isn't apparently, otherwise it'd be more of an eastern MMORPG

oh its a grind alright, not as bad as some eastern mmos but the grind is still there. / tokens/gear/reputation/dailies/recipies etcetc It is just not as noticeable as when its levelling thats the grind :)
Aug 19, 2010 9:51 AM

Dec 2007
burntlettuce said:
izikiel said:
burntlettuce said:
Onegai said:

I guess we could be arguing forever about if LK25HC without the buff is hard or not, but i'll take top-raiding guilds word for it when they say it's hard before i believe you.

Lich King without the buff is hard in herioc 10/15. People can say what they want but odds are they haven't done it.(No I haven't downed him, haven't even regular with the buff).

The end game is hard. The difference with BC and WoTLK is that more people are seeing the end game. King Slayer is like clearing SSC/TK while Bane of the Lich King and The Light of Dawn are like clearing SW(Although SW was probably harder). Yes it's easier now, no one is saying that. But the hard content is there, just go look for it.

the reason why its considered hard is because there are too many clueless people playing wow. and whats it nowadays 5.2k+ gs to do 10 man regular? with the buff? you dont need that kind of gear to be able to do it, if you had people that knew their stuff, but most don't. Thats the real challenge in wow, finding 10-25 people that have a clue :P

I do agree with this. I always said the reason 25 mans were harder then 10 was because it wad difficult to find 25 competent players in this game.

you do know the encounters are different in 25 and 10 man?
Aug 19, 2010 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Onegai said:
burntlettuce said:
izikiel said:
burntlettuce said:
Onegai said:

I guess we could be arguing forever about if LK25HC without the buff is hard or not, but i'll take top-raiding guilds word for it when they say it's hard before i believe you.

Lich King without the buff is hard in herioc 10/15. People can say what they want but odds are they haven't done it.(No I haven't downed him, haven't even regular with the buff).

The end game is hard. The difference with BC and WoTLK is that more people are seeing the end game. King Slayer is like clearing SSC/TK while Bane of the Lich King and The Light of Dawn are like clearing SW(Although SW was probably harder). Yes it's easier now, no one is saying that. But the hard content is there, just go look for it.

the reason why its considered hard is because there are too many clueless people playing wow. and whats it nowadays 5.2k+ gs to do 10 man regular? with the buff? you dont need that kind of gear to be able to do it, if you had people that knew their stuff, but most don't. Thats the real challenge in wow, finding 10-25 people that have a clue :P

I do agree with this. I always said the reason 25 mans were harder then 10 was because it wad difficult to find 25 competent players in this game.

you do know the encounters are different in 25 and 10 man?

Not buy much, at least not all of them. I haven't seen anything past Dream Walker so I won't comment on that, but for the most part the fights are pretty much the same.
Aug 19, 2010 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
I played WoW for a while and it was fun but then I kinda got bored with it. Its still okay though I guess. It all depends on what you want to waste multiply hours of your life doing.
Aug 19, 2010 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
So many play WoW now because the game has gotten so easy since WOTLK came out. PVP requires a good amount of luck now, and the raids even in heroic mode are too easy. I can't stress enough the word "easy".
Aug 19, 2010 4:49 PM

Dec 2007
Otohane said:
So many play WoW now because the game has gotten so easy since WOTLK came out. PVP requires a good amount of luck now, and the raids even in heroic mode are too easy. I can't stress enough the word "easy".

let me see you at 2.5k rating if it is so easy. I bet you are around 1500 complaining about how "lucky" the other teams are all the time. Sure luck is involved of course, its one of the charms of games IMO, but at the higher ratings there is a lot of skill involved.

Some bosses are extremely easy, like 'lootship', but to say every boss is that easy is just bullshit.
Aug 19, 2010 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Onegai said:
Otohane said:

let me see you at 2.5k rating if it is so easy. I bet you are around 1500 complaining about how "lucky" the other teams are all the time. Sure luck is involved of course, its one of the charms of games IMO, but at the higher ratings there is a lot of skill involved.

Some bosses are extremely easy, like 'lootship', but to say every boss is that easy is just bullshit.

When I say luck, I mean percentages of everything from crits, procs, etc. I know there is a lot of skill involved in arena, but luck will always affect an MMO like this.

And bosses obviously get easier and easier as your guildies gear up. After playing for thousands of hours, raids become a cakewalk as long as the core raiders in your guild have brains and do their work. In heroics, you just need to be more careful and press more buttons.

'course gunship is easy. But considering that a huge amount of raids now are pugs, they just don't need as much coordination anymore.
Aug 19, 2010 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
Otohane said:

PVP has been screwed up for awhile. Blizzard has already mentioned that Arena and Resilience messed with who it was meant to be. Rated BG's are a sign that they are taking to correct this way.

The only reason people are saying the bosses are easier is because everyone is in ICC. Yes anyone can make it through an ICC 10 Pug, on regular. So few people are actually on hard modes and still very few guilds have downed him H 25k. It's not "easy" blizzard has probably got it right. Regular is easy enough for casual raiders(Like me), but the difficult content is still out there.
Aug 20, 2010 12:09 AM
Jun 2006
burntlettuce said:
Otohane said:

PVP has been screwed up for awhile. Blizzard has already mentioned that Arena and Resilience messed with who it was meant to be. Rated BG's are a sign that they are taking to correct this way.

The only reason people are saying the bosses are easier is because everyone is in ICC. Yes anyone can make it through an ICC 10 Pug, on regular. So few people are actually on hard modes and still very few guilds have downed him H 25k. It's not "easy" blizzard has probably got it right. Regular is easy enough for casual raiders(Like me), but the difficult content is still out there.

regular is a cakewalk hard is easy, at least for experienced mmo players with a clue. I understand why they put in the buffs, so that less experienced players get to see the end game content. It still doesnt make the encounters hard though. Hopefully we will see some somewhat challenging content in cataclysm, but I wont hold my breath.
Aug 20, 2010 1:05 AM

Dec 2007
izikiel said:
burntlettuce said:
Otohane said:

regular is a cakewalk hard is easy, at least for experienced mmo players with a clue. I understand why they put in the buffs, so that less experienced players get to see the end game content. It still doesnt make the encounters hard though. Hopefully we will see some somewhat challenging content in cataclysm, but I wont hold my breath.

"I understand why they put in the buffs, so that less experienced players get to see the end game content"... hellooo, the best WoW raiding guild in the world didnt down LK25HC before the buff came out, and i wouldnt call them 'less experienced'.

Otohane said:
Onegai said:
Otohane said:

When I say luck, I mean percentages of everything from crits, procs, etc. I know there is a lot of skill involved in arena, but luck will always affect an MMO like this.

And bosses obviously get easier and easier as your guildies gear up. After playing for thousands of hours, raids become a cakewalk as long as the core raiders in your guild have brains and do their work. In heroics, you just need to be more careful and press more buttons.

'course gunship is easy. But considering that a huge amount of raids now are pugs, they just don't need as much coordination anymore.

You said it yourself, luck will always affect games like this. and still you hate on wow for being too easy because of it?

As you say the content gets easier the more you gear up your guild, and thats the point of raiding, to get new gear, to become a better healer, DPS'er or tank so that you can kill all bosses. This is a system most (all?) MMO's use, its one of their charms.

When a raid have been there for a long time obviously people are going to get much gear from it, and the content in it will be easier, thus there are a lot of pugs. BLQ25, proffessor25 and LK25 are still very hard to pug and even the easier bosses on Heroic mode is often not killed by pugs.

all in all i think its wrong to hate on WoW for using the basics of an MMO such as using crits, procs, encounters being easier when getting better gear.
Aug 20, 2010 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
izikiel said:
burntlettuce said:
Otohane said:

Again Paragon the best raiding guild in the world didn't down H Lich King 25 without the buff until everyone was in full 284 gear. Yes everything becomes easier as you gear up, it's in itself it's own buff. Again the challenge is there, you are either not looking for it or are turning away from it.

The one thing Blizzard did wrong was the fact that they took CC away from raids. One thing they are going to fix in Cata.
Aug 22, 2010 11:38 AM

Aug 2010
WoW a good game,vanilla and tbc were awesome
Wotlk turned out to be crap,PvP is totaly "balanced" and PvE required so much skill from pressing 2 or 3 buttons
The game just became depressing -_-

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Aug 23, 2010 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
i played it for a few years, quit, went back again, quit for now. I might try the newest expantion when it comes out though.
METAL GEAR!?
Aug 23, 2010 8:51 PM

Dec 2009
No
Aug 24, 2010 6:01 AM
Sep 2007
I like it..DON"T JUDGE ME!! Q_Q
Aug 24, 2010 6:05 AM

Aug 2010
world of warcraft has been over taken by other games like starcraft, age of empires and also online games like allods online, Runes of Magic and The Gates of Annoroth.

world of warcraft has owned for a while
Sep 10, 2010 12:07 AM
Sep 2009
XAnImEzLoVeRX said:
world of warcraft has been over taken by other games like starcraft, age of empires and also online games like allods online, Runes of Magic and The Gates of Annoroth.

world of warcraft has owned for a while

You have to be trollin'
]
Sep 11, 2010 12:39 AM
Aug 2010
pfff..WOW sucks...If they didn't bother making it they would have had more time making Diablo 3...and could get it sooner...
Sep 11, 2010 7:49 AM
Feb 2009
I quit playing 3 months ago and haven't missed it: However on a whim I reactivated my account last night to say hello (and goodbye) to some friends that I hadn't spoke with before I stopped playing. I talked to a few people, did a random dungeon run and pretty much realized that I still think the game is as boring and tedious as ever.

The comments on here that raiding is easy are laughable. I think anyone making that assertion is out of touch. The majority of gamers still can't handle a raid encounter the way Blizzard envisioned it. Try taking a group of 5k+ gearscore pugs through Naxx without a wipe and you'll see what I mean. One alternative to taking bad pugs and failing is to painstakingly put together a raid with "good" pugs (your best judge being gearscore if you don't already know them). Unfortunately these pugs still have major issues with many boss fights and you can expect to lose 10-20% of your raid through simple attrition each time you wipe. This drags the process out as you recruit more people in and have to find specialized positions that were vacated. These fight mechanics are just too much for most players to understand. I'm convinced that the difficulty setting needed before your average wow player can get through content would be to dumb every raid encounter down to a simple tank and spank.

Not surprisingly the most successful raids are done by raiding guilds: However a raiding guild comes with its own list of detractors. First and foremost is that you can't have a strong raiding guild without strictly enforcing a raid schedule. I don't know about others but this makes the game too much like a job for me to enjoy it. Second is that you have to cherry pick your members based on their gear and competency with their class and raiding. This often means that your friends who you enjoy hanging out with in game are not the ones you end up raiding beside. Instead you get some asshole who might only show up for raids and is more concerned about epics than having fun. That is another aspect of raiding guilds that makes them more like a job. Lastly are the stiff penalties for missing a scheduled mandatory raid which, unfortunately, is a necessary evil to keep your raids running smoothly. I shouldn't have to treat WOW like a second job just to fully enjoy it.
Sep 13, 2010 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
Just because some moronic nerds can't choose between slaying a virtual dragon or graduating high school doesn't make a game bad >.>

That said, the pvp in that game is still top notch for an mmo. Pve is a different story but I rarely touch that shit anymore. Only play like 6 hours a week if that nowadays anywho
Jan 19, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2010
I used to play classic WoW and I loved it.
There were some raid instance which was my fave.
MC ZG and Onyxia. The PvP system was very well and very balance.
We only needed use our skills to beat other people.
But when TBC released, the PvP wasn't good but well.
Mostly arena bothered me. Everyone could get PvP equipment easily and they didn't have any trouble in PvP just because of the equipment. My favourite classes were mage, priest and warlock. Lately WOTLK came out, the PvP was worst than I thought.
Death knight was too unfair. I as priest couldn't do anything in PvP. Only raiding wasn't great for me. Here's the reason: If your guild planned to raid somewhere, you would want to join. But your family or friend asked you to meet with him/her. Would you say yes or no to him/her? Also WoW made people's marks at school bad. Also it could make you become rage. (Maybe...) You have to pay every month. It's normal for other MMORPG's too. To be honest, PvE is good in WoW but PvP the worst!!
So I would say: I don't like WoW anymore.
Jan 20, 2011 8:00 AM

Dec 2008
Jay_Ox said:
I'm convinced that the difficulty setting needed before your average wow player can get through content would be to dumb every raid encounter down to a simple tank and spank.

Not surprisingly the most successful raids are done by raiding guilds: However a raiding guild comes with its own list of detractors. First and foremost is that you can't have a strong raiding guild without strictly enforcing a raid schedule. I don't know about others but this makes the game too much like a job for me to enjoy it. Second is that you have to cherry pick your members based on their gear and competency with their class and raiding. This often means that your friends who you enjoy hanging out with in game are not the ones you end up raiding beside. Instead you get some asshole who might only show up for raids and is more concerned about epics than having fun. That is another aspect of raiding guilds that makes them more like a job. Lastly are the stiff penalties for missing a scheduled mandatory raid which, unfortunately, is a necessary evil to keep your raids running smoothly. I shouldn't have to treat WOW like a second job just to fully enjoy it.

I agree with pretty much everything Jay said. I used to be the leader of a raiding guild (TK and SSC cleared pre 3.0 without skipping to Hyjal to gear up- Kael'thas was pretty serious business for most guilds in those days) and the need to commit so many hours per week was an increasingly big void in my life. I was lucky enough to get on with the majority of the people in my guild, in that we didn't invite soulless progress bots, even if they had the gear and the skill required. Having to boot nice people and skilled players because they didn't play by the rules is not a pleasant thing to do, as you rightly point out.

I'm glad overall that I finally made the plunge to quit just before Cataclysm, because the pressure of keeping up with theorycrafting, the admin and just the pure time commitment was like a weight on my shoulders. When people asked me what I'm doing in the evening, I can say that I'm free instead of having to make up an excuse. (I was never open about being a WOW player with IRL friends.)

The other main good point you make is the difficulty of raid encounters. When heroic Arthas is available without the ICC buff, anyone who thinks that there aren't any challenging fights in WOTLK is simply ignorant of the (really) hardcore content available. Even algalon and yogg 0 in the appropriate ulduar gear are amazing fights, where everyone had to really play well. Admittedly Algalon was mainly an exercise in no one screwing up (tank swap, massive coordinated healing, agreed CD rotation, meteor ,big bang) and being able to put out the numbers, but Yogg 0 was just as brutal for appropriately geared players and mind-bogglingly complicated as well. It would take like a page and a half of the forum simply to explain all the mechanics to say nothing of a reliable strategy for 0 keepers without being hilariously overgeared.

That said, there's certainly been a massive increase in very easy content with high gear rewards ALONGSIDE those kinds of serious fights for experienced PvE players. This is obviously good business sense. I imagine this has continued into Cataclysm, but if Blizzard has maintained the tradition of having hard-as-nails hard modes alongside the T&S spoonfeeding, then there is nothing to complain about except a childish feeling that it's "unfair" that undisciplined and ignorant players (in the WOW sense of theorycrafting a min-maxed character and understanding fight mechanics- not as an insult to a person) can also equip their characters. Casuals, raiders and especially Blizzard executives win.
fedaykinJan 20, 2011 8:37 AM
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 20, 2011 8:46 PM

Apr 2010
Jay_Ox said:

That said, there's certainly been a massive increase in very easy content with high gear rewards ALONGSIDE those kinds of serious fights for experienced PvE players. This is obviously good business sense. I imagine this has continued into Cataclysm

I have heard that Heroics in Cata are a lot harder.

I have played wow on and off since it has been out. I have 2 80s atm. I agree that content was too easy compared to the rewards in wotlk. I was able to beat the lich king by pugging in a 10 man. I also got up to him in 25 man in my guild, but was never able to get him due to some retarded guildies. I plan on playing wow again this summer.

I am uneasy about Cata due to it just being mainly just a redo of old world.

My main My gems are weird because of armor pen was removed
Tyler_t4Jan 27, 2011 2:21 PM
Jan 21, 2011 11:26 PM

Jul 2008
I've heard that cata is a big improvement pre outlands, but it's still the same old.
They said they'd bring back CC, and yet my cousin (who plays religiously) says that even that is shunned.
Jul 18, 2012 5:17 AM

Mar 2012
I played WoW for many years ago, since vanilla WoW, I can remember back then, there were a lot of nice people. I could ask them for some helps or they asked me to do some dungeons without problem. It took me so long for reaching 60. Level, but it was fun. I could barely remember about those people who had fun with me in a lot of dungeons and after that they added me in their friend lists. Later they could hang out with me again, leveled together and ganked. I even enjoyed the world PvP. Ranking 14 equipment was hard to get, I had to go pvp for so long time to get complete the equipments. I loved raiding ZG, MC and AQ20. Also, it was nice to gank people at MC. I was a druid and could even beat T2 rogues with my blue equipments :s
Later in TBC, it was fine, but what bothered me was flying mount and the arena. I guess it was because I had a hard time to get complete 14 ranking equipment but then I saw that people could get gladiator sets easily. As for flying mount, ofc people could escape from me. Since TBC, I lost some friends in my fl. A few members gave up playing WoW and told us "Goodbye". I played continuely and I liked playing Shaman as Alliance. But then WOTLK came, I gave up already. I liked the idea of LFG-System that you can find any group fast and teleport to the dungeon you want to. However, I saw there were a lot of leavers or they didn't do their job properly. World Pvp ruined because of it. My guild disbanded. PvP ruined. People were not that kind and they were always rude. Yes, there were a lot of children. I dislike death knight, even I played it myself. A month before Cataclysm I left. I have no idea about Cataclysm and MoP, but I don't have any motivation.
Do not worry, be happy ~
Jul 18, 2012 6:54 AM
Jul 2009
I always thought the aesthetic of it was hard to take seriously.
Jul 18, 2012 8:08 AM

Jul 2010
eh, i come back once in a while to play. it's pretty fun for a couple weeks and then i stop and play something else.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

20 by loligoth666 »»
20 minutes ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

26 by loligoth666 »»
52 minutes ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

140 by loligoth666 »»
54 minutes ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games?

Dumb - Feb 11

49 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3508 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.