Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 6, 2022 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
When we come to the end, I can safely state that the plot was super rushed. Not having a focal point for the main story didn't help it out either. Characters were not that captivating either, as they didn't have enough time to develop them anyways. Rin's psychological reflections were really forced and it didn't effect me in anyway. Thus, this show has been a really forgettable experience for me so far. But hey, they ended the story somehow, right? 5/10. Now I know why this show is that much underwatched.
Feb 27, 2022 5:49 AM

Oct 2020
This was a bit of an anti-climax for me I’m afraid. The problem with the series IMHO was that Rin was never really involved with the insurrectionists and only had brief interactions with them and she wasn’t really interested in joining them.

The problem with all this is that it created a whole separate storyline that was totally unrelated to Rin and her journey. If she could have been more integral to the final battle to stop the GGP or was helping Megumi to broadcast damaging info about the GGP to the world it would have worked a lot better I think. Instead we kept cutting to some random battles with Kiefer that made no real difference to Rin’s story and all Rin did was dance around a bunch of robots.

I think the ending was maybe one re-write away from greatness, which is a shame. Still, it wasn’t terrible and ended on a fairly positive note, so I didn’t hate it or anything.
Nov 6, 2023 12:42 PM

Dec 2022
As theatrical and generic as I expected it to be, as if trying to be the animated manifestation of "Style over substance". Leave it to the final episode to disappoint. Twice there was an opportunity for Kiefer to be shot, both of which were squandered while the GGP dudes waited for an interruption to happen, which was also a joke.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I am so disappointed by this show

Dorothea - Mar 22, 2009

10 by DishonoredRonin »»
Nov 26, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

43 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterLily - Mar 16, 2009

87 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 9 Discussion

Beave - Mar 10, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 8 Discussion

WaterLily - Mar 8, 2009

38 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.