Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 12 Discussion


Jun 16, 2009 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 6964
Lol, it's not even a cliff hanger ending. Just a cut off ending which is worse.
 
Oct 2, 2009 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 266
WTF????
 
Dec 22, 2009 2:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12
WTF 2 (Kuro)... last episode and like in others good series they f*ck it like hell. Who think that series could end in the middle of fight. My brain going crazy I WANT OAV with good satisfacting ending not other open anime witch possibility to continue in fiew another series >_<
 
Mar 9, 2010 1:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8710
Oh,,this anime made by GAINAX...~that was I think after watched this anime~
after great in the beginning and end with "Great" shitty ending...

damn,,,Just do merger with SUNRISE...if GAINAX really like to make anime something like this....
 
Jul 15, 2010 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 141
Ending it in a middle of a fight? Psssh... I am very disappointed.

Although it seems quite clear who was going to win the battle. Would have been better if they cut out the last bit and made them both enter the house.

Lol, I like the sub where it said "I don't know what you would do with my dead body." Necrophilia xD
 
Jul 30, 2010 3:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 212
The ending hmm very suspecious i think a Season 3 will come hmm probably...
 
Aug 24, 2010 6:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 123
Are you kidding? Ending is awesome! Very spectacular.
 
Sep 11, 2010 12:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 94
CONGRATULATIONS!
 
Nov 18, 2010 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 288
Wow! What an ending, no cliffhanger.
Sintaku said:
Ending it in a middle of a fight? Psssh... I am very disappointed.

Although it seems quite clear who was going to win the battle. Would have been better if they cut out the last bit and made them both enter the house.

I agree!
This is truly a unique ending just like MasterWilliams said. XD
 
Dec 8, 2010 3:55 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 76
Wow what an Ending! why did they stop it like that...


This anime is so freaking limited in some ways... If there's gonna be a season 3, maybe they'll struggle more of how many Shikabane are they able to kill... like "Oh no! it's my 107th, so I'll stop"

This one isn't that broad as well.. not like Index that they started only in Academy City, then people all over the world started to move.. But this anime was only centered to freakin 1 city and the main 1 at that.. so I don't think there's like another shikabane headquarters somewhere out there.

The emotions as well was pretty nice at nearly the end.. I really didn't like how the author played the emotions of the chars lol... went ups and downs.. but more downs tho...

It would've been great if they end it with a blast XD.. I was expecting it to have some cheesy scenes at the end yet it disappointed me.. No kiss or hug happened.. or not even saying what they really feel T_T.. OR they could go outskirts away from town and live there as normal family (with a baby).. They could use some pics as well and show what happened to everyone after...

but what can we do T_T they end it like that.. manga time..
peace out..
 
May 28, 2011 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1641
..........WHAT!?
 
Jun 22, 2011 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 74
dont like the ending, 5/10 really but i enjoyed the series as a whole so a 7/10 it is...

is the manga still ongoing? might givve that a go.. xD
 
Jun 23, 2011 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 536
Hate the ending. No closure. And since this anime has been out for awhile already, doubt there will be a season 3, so forget it. Though the series overall was badass.
 
Jul 4, 2011 1:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 633
What a.. weird ending. From the very beginning our protagonist gets told that "Hey dude, they're corpses so don't fall in love with them!" and it ends with absolutely no romance between the two.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
 
Jul 25, 2011 5:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 292
A fine example of how end an anime series in the worst way possible. It's like the series itself just said "I'm done" and left.
 
Jul 27, 2011 4:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 219
Gen2K_ said:
A fine example of how end an anime series in the worst way possible. It's like the series itself just said "I'm done" and left.


I can't even find an ending anywhere. I scrolled the english translated manga and it's further behind than the anime.

W T F x 100000000

Who the hell ends an anime like this?
 
Jul 27, 2011 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 219
noteDhero said:
Terrible. I don't have words for how terrible this was. It's bad enough that they couldn't stick to a single rule they made in this universe, but to not actually end the show when episode 13 of Aka was a recap is flat out ridiculous. Honestly this is one of the worst endings I've seen in recent memory.

2/10 for the whole fucking show.


lol. qft.
 
Jul 13, 2012 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3360
err that felt very uneventful and unending like. I mean uh ... yeah an ending. not sure what else to even say.
 
Aug 23, 2012 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 136
Im sure as hell if they changed the plot to Minai being his hime, they could've made an independent plot from the manga saving the anime from its dreadful second season and it wouldve been a hell of a lot better alternate than the fuck up at the end of the anime series. I'd rather watch Minai be the main hime in the anime adaptation
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
 
Oct 9, 2012 11:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 51
lol...hokuto can't be killed, so the anime decided to end on a good note by having makina on top with the advantage.
No man fails if he does his best
- Orison Swett Marden
 
Oct 13, 2012 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 332
I can't really cope with this ending...they tried to give answers during the final two or three episodes but in the end, those "answers" raised a hella lot of questions - that just didn't get answered. So many loose ends there...

The show's premise wasn't bad, but it didn't really manage to bring out the full potential the material could have had. Sadly, I wanted to like this, but I ended up finding it okay, but definitely not much more. Oh well, I've seen worse shows, this is getting a 6/10 from me in the end because it had its moments, too bad there wasn't much consistency in it.
Modified by Saorin, Oct 13, 2012 4:31 PM


 
Nov 25, 2012 4:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2975
so the ending is a cliffhanger. dang.
 
Jan 24, 2013 12:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 199
I think I may be one of very few to actually enjoy this ending. It's not as though the outcome of the fight is in question, so showing its conclusion wouldn't exactly have changed much... Really, the season closes with everything as it should be - once-sinister buy guy having lost his will, Hokuto being beaten into submission, and Makina doing the job she exists to do.

It's not quite the sort of series to end with a kiss, or with everyone sharing a laugh... Things in their world are more likely to be just status quo or worse, so why not illustrate that by leaving it off mid-struggle?
 
Mar 4, 2013 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1680
Dang, cliffhanger, with no sign of a continuation. The manga isn't even being translated in English by any groups online. Agh, I really want to know what happens next.

Anyway, I really liked this series. I had low-middle expectations of it coming in, but it turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. Deeper plot than I was expecting, with many twists and turns along the way.

Just looking through a few of the manga chapters, and it looks completely different. Looks like a third season is not likely. I'd really like to here the explanation or thought process behind the ending.

I want to give both seasons a 7.5/10, but that's not possible. I'll figure out whether i'll go with a 7 or 8 later.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

 
Apr 10, 2013 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1276
Is there any way to find out what happens beyond this episode?
or is this ending all we have left of the original material? ...

 
May 14, 2013 9:49 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 437
What the hell was that? They like started a new fight right at the end of the episode and then didn't finish it? Would have been better if they never left the house after coming back to it, at least then it wouldn't look so half assed.
 
Oct 6, 2013 4:05 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5504
Good anime, but why the fuck they ended it like that

Can someone tell which chapter of manga should I start after completing the anime ?
 
Oct 13, 2013 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 84
Definitely the worst cliffhanger I've ever experienced, since it was also one of my first short animes lol.

Watching 100+ animes after, this anime still hurts, to wonder what happens afterwards, if they live "happily ever after", or if she turns into a monster zombie. But, anime isn't real life, you can't plunge yourself in their world and spectate what happens, that would just be weird following around the main characters lol. It's all about imagining it for ourselves. YEAH lol.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
 
Mar 17, 2014 2:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 418
This series was abysmal.
 
Mar 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
At the end it said to be continued... and episode 12 just ends in the middle of an important part. SO WTF IS GOING ON!!!
T-T
 
May 2, 2014 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 268
everything has been said about the ending, terrible, i watched over pretty 275+ animes and this one is easily in the top 3, i was not asking for a kiss or something cute, BUT THIS? even its bad for a cliffhanger

p.s i liked the show overall but its was pretty dissapointing to see the unrequited love between Ouji to Makina all the show without any change. this kind of thing can happen to secondary characters for a short time, but its not really a good thing when you apply this all the show to the Mc without any change at all
 
Jul 2, 2014 5:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16288
So that's it for Akasha. I'm quite confused as to what happened at the end with Hibiki. How was she able to move? Why didn't the other breakers move? And how did Hokuto break out of Akasha's hold?

Speaking of Hokuto, what happened with her? I thought Makina was going to live life as a normal girl but then suddenly she wants to fight?

And WTF is going on with the Kongou cult? What's going to happen to Saki, Itsuki, and the Shikabane himes? Many of them surpassed 108 kills so does that mean they will meet the same end as Hibiko?

That doesn't solve anything! It's not an ending at all. Sooner or later another person like Akasha will show up and resent the "108 kills = heaven" lie that the Kongou cult has been fabricating.

firstblood said:
p.s i liked the show overall but its was pretty dissapointing to see the unrequited love between Ouji to Makina all the show without any change.
I disagree. If they included love between Oori and Makina it would've completely ruined the bond she shared with Keisei. Makina has already admitted she loves Keisei and Oori already accepted that when he became her contracted priest. This is just one of those anime where there doesn't need to be a romance between the MC.

Besides, there are plenty of romantic couples in the anime:

Keisei x Makina
Akasha x Hibiki
Sadahiro x Akira
Takamasa x Itsuki
Modified by emeraldrosary, Jul 2, 2014 6:06 AM
 
Feb 6, 2015 1:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 475
I laughted so badly after finishing last episode. What is this ending? So many stuff was left unsolved.
It seems ill have to read for answers :(

Good episode and good season despite the ending.
 
Apr 18, 2015 9:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2417
wow the balloon girl snapped and just died. LOL that old dude got wrecked. Yea not a bright move on akashas part. wow talk about a blue balls ending. Guess ill read the manga. Still enjoyed the show and iv seen much worse endings in anime.
 
Apr 18, 2015 9:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2417
firstblood said:
everything has been said about the ending, terrible, i watched over pretty 275+ animes and this one is easily in the top 3, i was not asking for a kiss or something cute, BUT THIS? even its bad for a cliffhanger

p.s i liked the show overall but its was pretty dissapointing to see the unrequited love between Ouji to Makina all the show without any change. this kind of thing can happen to secondary characters for a short time, but its not really a good thing when you apply this all the show to the Mc without any change at all


Well I think the show still hints makina can gain feelings for ouri over time. The blushing and the fact she still wants him by her side.Remember she knew keisei far much longer then ouri so its obvious why she cant get over it yet.
 
May 19, 2015 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 852
Omg i can't believe this anime has such a shitty ending!!! I was getting into the series too :( I was also hoping the romance would have blossomed between ouri and makina :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 6, 2015 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3417
you got to be kidding me! the fuck is this ending? They just stopped halfway through fighting? What's this bullshit. Dammit
We need a season 3
Modified by Cnon, Aug 6, 2015 9:44 AM
 
Jan 5, 2016 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 305
You guys don't get it do you? The ending was great.
Pretty much everything is already resolved.

The creation of Shikabane Himes is something that the original founder did and was kept around as a scripture.
That's the only way the Kougon sect knows and it's not some mysterious power that the Dai Sojo has.
Akasha used the original scriptures with that technique and that's how he made Hokuto a Shikabane Hime.


The issue about En. En is literally a bond and that's exactly how their started getting their runes again. Originally it was held by the first hime as a catalyst but just as stated in the show, just because you break off a bond once it doesn't mean you can't reform it again and again.
Especially with our characters that are that close to each other. Yes power of friendship and what not but it checks out this time. Doesn't defy the logic in the series.


The main antagonist of this series was not the Shichisei but rather the secrets behind the Shikabanes and the Shikabane himes.
The issue was that the Kougon sect was lying to all the Monks and their himes about the 108 kills and ascending to Heaven.

You are only complaining about that not being resolved because you don't want to accept it.
To those asking about the fates of the Shikabane Hime - Itsuki, Flesh, Saki, Kamika and Makina are just trying to avoid the only conclusion.

You say that the flawed practice, the lie of the Kougon sect wasn't solved and that the himes are still being lied to and will eventually become shikabanes again after 108 kills right?
Yes. That's exactly how it is. We were shown Sadahiro inheriting the previous Gon-Dai Sojo's post as the keeper/enforcer of the dirty secrets for a reason.

The practice is flawed but necessary, there's nothing they can do about it so there is only one way for this to go. Shikabanes ironically are in a sense part of nature's occurrences and so they will always be born. Hence they need the himes to eliminate them. Two sides of the same coin.

All of the characters will eventually, if not now, either reach their kill limit becoming destroyers shikabanes and locked inside the coffins as 'going to Heaven' or being assassinated/executed before they turn.

There is no happy ending but it isn't necessary a sad one. In my opinion the whole show's premise is about the inevitability of things. It's somewhat a tale about acceptance.
Just like how death is inevitable(brought up multiple times in the show), so is the nature of many other things.

But just like Makina said in the last parts. You cannot escape death, but you can fight it.
Shikabane himes cannot escape their sorrowful end but the special inspectors can help them go towards it with dignity.

Struggle. To live is to struggle, the world is a crappy place but that's exactly what living is about.
It's not simply about staying alive and being an eternal corpse. So our characters will definitely, without fail head towards their death just as all the others have done so before them.


The conclusion of the fight between Hokuto and Makina will not add anything else to the story so it is perfect that it ended there.
It doesn't matter whether Makina is the one to kill Hokuto or Hokuto, Makina.
The ending fight was to show us the decision and determination that Makina made. To fight despite knowing that this path would lead to her demise.

Because doing that is what makes her feel alive. That's her way of living.



I agree that the issue with Hokuto isn't very well done. I know it sounds stupid but her character isn't fleshed out at all. She has no motivation or anything like that. Just like what her character is supposed to be I guess.

So maybe that's why but I feel like Hokuto can't die, shouldn't die. I was pleased that they didn't kill her off at the end. To die before having anything, the same way as she was killed when she was alive is just pointless and sad.

It goes with Makina saying that she'll make Hokuto remember and realize that she, too is human and has emotions, wants and regrets.


So I guess in the end it's a very Gainax type of ending?

tl;dr: Nothing changes. Shikabanes hime will die and more will be born. Life goes on and that's just how it is because it can't be helped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 5, 2016 12:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3237
Pretty good series up till the end. The ending was bullshit.
 
Mar 12, 2016 8:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
I thought I could sleep tonight but its one of these anime that gives that bad afterthinking ;
something felt defo not completed on the romance side of things which is a shame as its I think one the main reasons why I and a lot of other people watched iT till the end;
Makina was the perf tsundere why did they do this to us : ;'(
 
Aug 1, 2016 4:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
ScarletGensokyo said:
You guys don't get it do you? The ending was great.
Pretty much everything is already resolved.

The creation of Shikabane Himes is something that the original founder did and was kept around as a scripture.
That's the only way the Kougon sect knows and it's not some mysterious power that the Dai Sojo has.
Akasha used the original scriptures with that technique and that's how he made Hokuto a Shikabane Hime.


The issue about En. En is literally a bond and that's exactly how their started getting their runes again. Originally it was held by the first hime as a catalyst but just as stated in the show, just because you break off a bond once it doesn't mean you can't reform it again and again.
Especially with our characters that are that close to each other. Yes power of friendship and what not but it checks out this time. Doesn't defy the logic in the series.


The main antagonist of this series was not the Shichisei but rather the secrets behind the Shikabanes and the Shikabane himes.
The issue was that the Kougon sect was lying to all the Monks and their himes about the 108 kills and ascending to Heaven.

You are only complaining about that not being resolved because you don't want to accept it.
To those asking about the fates of the Shikabane Hime - Itsuki, Flesh, Saki, Kamika and Makina are just trying to avoid the only conclusion.

You say that the flawed practice, the lie of the Kougon sect wasn't solved and that the himes are still being lied to and will eventually become shikabanes again after 108 kills right?
Yes. That's exactly how it is. We were shown Sadahiro inheriting the previous Gon-Dai Sojo's post as the keeper/enforcer of the dirty secrets for a reason.

The practice is flawed but necessary, there's nothing they can do about it so there is only one way for this to go. Shikabanes ironically are in a sense part of nature's occurrences and so they will always be born. Hence they need the himes to eliminate them. Two sides of the same coin.

All of the characters will eventually, if not now, either reach their kill limit becoming destroyers shikabanes and locked inside the coffins as 'going to Heaven' or being assassinated/executed before they turn.

There is no happy ending but it isn't necessary a sad one. In my opinion the whole show's premise is about the inevitability of things. It's somewhat a tale about acceptance.
Just like how death is inevitable(brought up multiple times in the show), so is the nature of many other things.

But just like Makina said in the last parts. You cannot escape death, but you can fight it.
Shikabane himes cannot escape their sorrowful end but the special inspectors can help them go towards it with dignity.

Struggle. To live is to struggle, the world is a crappy place but that's exactly what living is about.
It's not simply about staying alive and being an eternal corpse. So our characters will definitely, without fail head towards their death just as all the others have done so before them.


The conclusion of the fight between Hokuto and Makina will not add anything else to the story so it is perfect that it ended there.
It doesn't matter whether Makina is the one to kill Hokuto or Hokuto, Makina.
The ending fight was to show us the decision and determination that Makina made. To fight despite knowing that this path would lead to her demise.

Because doing that is what makes her feel alive. That's her way of living.



I agree that the issue with Hokuto isn't very well done. I know it sounds stupid but her character isn't fleshed out at all. She has no motivation or anything like that. Just like what her character is supposed to be I guess.

So maybe that's why but I feel like Hokuto can't die, shouldn't die. I was pleased that they didn't kill her off at the end. To die before having anything, the same way as she was killed when she was alive is just pointless and sad.

It goes with Makina saying that she'll make Hokuto remember and realize that she, too is human and has emotions, wants and regrets.


So I guess in the end it's a very Gainax type of ending?

tl;dr: Nothing changes. Shikabanes hime will die and more will be born. Life goes on and that's just how it is because it can't be helped.


I Think you a right about the ending. I don't think it's a bad ending at all
 
Nov 13, 2016 1:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 717
Horrible ending WTH like they almost pulled a "Neon Evengelion" On us
7 years later and no season 3...GG Anime
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
 
Aug 7, 2017 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4774

Da' F*ck was this ending... they end the sow in the middle of a fight... not only that was anticlimactic that was a douchebag move... In my opinion, it would have been better if they showed MC & Makina climbing the step implying they got to war/fight the bad guys without starting the fight and ending in the middle of a fight...

aero said:
Lol, it's not even a cliff hanger ending. Just a cut off ending which is worse.
+1

Saorin said:
The show's premise wasn't bad, but it didn't really manage to bring out the full potential the material could have had.
+1

FullmetalCarrot said:
Pretty good series up till the end. The ending was bullshit.
+1

 
Aug 26, 2017 1:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 343

dafuq did I just watch, wasting my time...

Stupid MC
BS Ending
1/10
(I gave this '1' because of the boobs)
4th times getting signature banned wtf
 
Apr 2, 2018 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 3706
That didn't fell like a real final episode to me, Ouri trying to make
Makina live an ordinary life was really idiotic from him. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 25, 5:17 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 26
Well that was not a good ending episode. That should've been an episode earlier on in the show not the LAST one. Leaving us just like that without seeing the battle with Hokuto like what the hell
 
Apr 6, 9:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1851
What a way to Blu ball the viewers .
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]