2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.04%
Voters: 96

Nov 18, 2007 2:49 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was waiting for a "Thank you. Fu©k you.", heh.

Good episode. we got to see the other side of the Gundam Medal of exterminating wars around the world and more fighting within the team. For some reason i rofl'd when Haro jumped into the water and went 'Ah!'.

Looking forward to how they're going to handle the terror attacks.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Nov 18, 2007 3:13 PM

I enjoyed this one. The short fight scene at the beginning was pretty cool. It was neat as always to see the 4 gundams completely beat down the enemy. It was expected for something like the worldwide terrorism to happen. I can't wait to find out who specifically.

Nov 18, 2007 4:51 PM

loved it. i like tieria's personality XD.

Great fight scenes and the story gets better and better.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 18, 2007 5:08 PM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

I laughed at Haro in the water as well, lol. As for Tieria's personality... gag me *blech* I'm glad Lockon went after him - I was ready to ><

I didn't like the beginning, more in a moral sense. I hope Setsuna kills that stupid redhead jerk. So Setsuna was a child soldier, eh? I feel bad for his character now :( I had flashbacks to Blood Diamond *shudder*

...I don't know if I should admit this or not, but I had to stop the ep half way, figure out what the colors of their suits were, and watch it again xD Damn helmets!

Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab

Nov 18, 2007 6:31 PM

I loved how they were all shocked after they heard the news of the terrorist attack and civilians dying. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS ARE? I lol'ed.

But really good episode. Plot is starting to thicken considerably. We got a see a good portion into Setsuna's past.

And like I said, Sumeragi is hot.

Nov 18, 2007 6:36 PM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

vindemon64 said:
And like I said, Sumeragi is hot.

What was up with her shirt :S How did those things stay in there???? :O I love her hair tho :D

Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab

Nov 18, 2007 7:42 PM

It was a very good episode this week. They are really pushing the Jihad aspect which is great since it's something I wouldn't expect from Gundam. There was a good bit of action as well.

I like that we finally got to see some more of Setsuna's past. Up until now, he hadn't spoken many lines even. Glad to see he isn't a Heero clone or anything. Seeing the four Meisters interact with each other was also interesting. So far they've done a good job of showing us personality.

Yeah, Haro in the water was pretty funny. Especially when they are all serious about the upcoming mission and it cuts to the shot of him. It's like closeups on all the pilots with morbid looks on their faces, and then Haro being wet. lol...

It seems like each episode is going by quicker and quicker. As soon as I really starting getting into it, the credits come up. Ah well, I guess that is a positive. Looking forward to next week.

Nov 18, 2007 8:20 PM

A little humor when Haro got carried away by the water, but I like Tieria's personality. Plus, it's understandable for them to act that way especially after what Setsuna did. The show seems to be getting better in terms of character development (if only just a little) so it's all good. And I'm wondering when that redheaded guy will find out who Exia's pilot is.

Nov 18, 2007 10:34 PM

I'm a bit happier now compared to the last ep. This ep seemed more realistic in terms of reactions when things where happening. For example when Setsuna got out of the gundam, he didn't pull of his mask and have some nostalgic talk with his enemy about the past like in almost every other gundam series. Instaid he just pulls a gun on him and plans to kill him as well as possibly die there without a second thought. Also when their on the island It wasn't like "OMG shame on you Setsuna for showing your self, lets go get some food and talk about what you did". They actually hit him and gay boy pulled a gun on him lol. I was expecting Setsuna to just get up and put his head to the end of the barrel and say "then shoot".

I cant wait till the next ep. Its really starting to get good with the whole political story and fights.

Nov 18, 2007 11:41 PM

Iriya said:
And I'm wondering when that redheaded guy will find out who Exia's pilot is.

Right before he dies, probably.

Setsuna's past was probably the best (and scariest) part of the whole episode.

And yeah, agree with everyone else on Haro. :D

Nov 19, 2007 5:29 AM

Really enjoyed this episode and better action than the previous episodes! also got an in sight to Setsuna F. Seiei past!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 19, 2007 10:52 AM
I also really like how the episode went. It felt like a good balance of character development and some really good action this time around.

I wonder what the next couple of episodes will be like, hopefully a single episode for each of the pilots. 25 episodes just doesn't feel like enough if they're going to give equal (and enough) time to each of the Gundam Meisters.

Nov 19, 2007 12:26 PM

Setsuna's past is almost exactly similar to Sagara Souske's in FMP.. so I wasn't too impressed by it. however, I was pretty impressed by how he point blank refused to give up Exia.. the whole idea of that gundam being his entire existence intrigues me!

haha so i'm not the only person who wonders how Sumeragi keeps her cans in the bin! she's hot though. and lol @ haro haha.. the bus explosion was awesome.. one second Louise sprints off and KA-BLOWTHOR! nice little animation there.

I think they're trying too hard to make Tieria seem like the bad guy.. i sense melodramatic change in character setting halfway through the series. or a tear-jerking backstory..

Nov 19, 2007 2:53 PM

Liked it, probably best ep so far for me because so much happened in this ep. Hope we find out more about Setsuna's past soon. Also looking forward to see how they handle the terrorists.

Nov 19, 2007 11:00 PM

Well I think the major difference between Setsuna and Sousuke is that Sousuke was never convinced to shoot his begging for their lives parents point blank. That was disturbing. Nice little Haro comedy though. Lockon is my favorite Meister. Tiera is my least favorite, being that he is a dick and all. Tiera should really work on his people skills and stop being so anti-social. If you work with a team, you shouldn't tell one of them that you will shoot them in the back. Its a good thing Setsuna is emo-tragic past or there might have been more of a conflict between those two.

Nov 20, 2007 12:12 AM

ROFL, the Haro was hilarious. One second we have all this serious drama happening, next second Haro's jumping around and lands in the water and goes "Ah!". I LOL-ed also. Setsuna's backstory was fairly interesting, I'm glad to see he actually has a personality behind the stone face and we're starting to be able to get into what makes his mind work.

Nov 21, 2007 12:39 AM

Legion17 said:
Well I think the major difference between Setsuna and Sousuke is that Sousuke was never convinced to shoot his begging for their lives parents point blank. That was disturbing. Nice little Haro comedy though. Lockon is my favorite Meister. Tiera is my least favorite, being that he is a dick and all. Tiera should really work on his people skills and stop being so anti-social. If you work with a team, you shouldn't tell one of them that you will shoot them in the back. Its a good thing Setsuna is emo-tragic past or there might have been more of a conflict between those two.

Not to mention his Gundam uses leet hacks. I swear after seeing his new shield, in my head I was thinking, why the hell do they even need the other Gundams to take on the same base. Just send this nutbag in and let him go ape shit on everyone wile the others do something else. Kind of pissed me off since all the other Gundams have obvious flaws and weaknesses that they have to watch out for when fighting but his is like a flying fortress using god mode and all weapons cheats and he has the nerv to tell the others they don't deserve to be Gundam pilots LAWL.

Nov 22, 2007 7:25 PM
The conflict between CB I thought the ep could've been done without it. It was just predictable and forced, imo. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.

Jun 6, 2008 3:49 AM

setsuna was a kurd :S i would never have guessed that.
I wonder if those where his parents he killed in the flashbacks.

Jul 16, 2008 9:20 AM

Wow, Sestuna killed his parents point blank...that's...disturbing to say the least.

Now these terrorist attacks are going to really shake things up!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jul 23, 2008 12:01 PM

My fave part has to be when Setsuna got "Bright-slapped" by Lockon XD and then Lockon asked if he needs to be disciplined more (ie "do you need me to hit you again?" XD)

Crystal said:
ROFL, the Haro was hilarious. One second we have all this serious drama happening, next second Haro's jumping around and lands in the water and goes "Ah!".

That was awesome scene, random, but awesome. and the "Ah" sound Haro made was just sooo cute (makes me love Haro more ^^), and Lockon going "uh.."

OranSolus said:
Wow, Sestuna killed his parents point blank...that's...disturbing to say the least.

Yes, but I like how he doesn't over-angst and whine about it, like some other characters in similar situations, gotta give him respect for that.

Apr 24, 2009 8:28 PM

So we see more of Setusna's past. Jeez,the way he killed his parents point blank like that. I feel bad. And Tiera.....I want to punch him. Yea, Setsuna messed up, but I think Lockon got his point across just fine without him pulling a gun on him.

And then Haro got wet.XD
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>

May 16, 2009 7:34 PM

This was another good episode. The fights are only getting better and better now. It's also nice to be finding out more about Setsuna's past with this Al guy. Speaking of which their battle was very good, but it was a little short. I was surprised to see that Setsuna cared enough to actually step out of the machine though. The rest of the battle against Maralia was well played ou8t as well, and I like how they noted in this that all of the world is starting to only focus on destroying Celestial Being.

There was a nice confrontation on the island between the Gundam Meisters as well. It was upsetting to see that Setsuna wouldn't give away any answers to the other though. And I thought it was a bit arrogant of him to just say he deserves to be a Gundam because he's alive. Man even though he's the main character, I'm still not a fan of Setsuna. And after what happened with those terrotist attacks I gotta say that I'm not really liking Teiria either, he seems like a bit of a douche now.

Well all in all it was a good episode, and I'm wondering what'll happen next and how Celestial Being will deal with the current situation.

4/5

Feb 6, 2010 8:30 PM

A war paradox. Fight terrorism with terrorism.

Jul 18, 2010 6:44 PM

ClementIV said:
A war paradox. Fight terrorism with terrorism.

Terrorism is intentionally killing civilians. The Gundams are fighting the military which is war. The paradox is fighting a war against everyone to stop war.

Aug 5, 2010 2:45 PM

*Goes to watch episode 8 immediately*

Aug 30, 2010 12:05 AM

helluva.
setsuna killed his parents.

kyaa~ haro is so cute. ^^

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 11, 2010 2:30 AM
Unrewarded Souls - the title is talking about the meaningless deaths of child soldiers.

and maybe Setsuna's parents...

Jan 2, 2011 2:17 PM

Setsuna, er.. Soran, props for being so cold. You are awesome.

Apr 18, 2011 11:39 PM

Daaamn.
Killing his parents at point blank range.
Thats going to fuck someone up.

I liked the poor Haro being swept out to sea.
Twas brilliant.

I like this fighting terrorism with terrorism thing.
It's going to play right into what I think Celestial Beings goals are.
Create a combined hatred on one thing to unite the world together against them.

Nov 18, 2011 9:50 AM

Setsuna deserves to be killed on that beach.

Nov 21, 2011 5:54 PM

Celestial Being handing out Celestial Beastings...

Mar 28, 2013 10:19 PM

What can I say? MUSLIMS IN ANIME!!!!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys

Sep 1, 2013 5:52 AM
the characters of gundam meister began to be clarified ... their past began to intervene with there missions and also some important hints were given that opened up all sorts of hypothesis

Apr 9, 2014 6:30 AM
Hitagi's Pet

The Meister with the glasses is the typical despicable character that for some reason is popular with the MAL crowd (soft spoken, dubious sexuality and bishounen I suppose). What a douche.

This anime had a lot of balls to tackle terrorism as a subject.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 19, 2014 4:29 PM

The gundams are so overpowered compared to everyone else right now. Ali Al-Sarges, you da-man, man. (I like him because he's a psycho)

Aug 2, 2014 12:20 PM

Wow, so... Setsuna killed his parents? Holy shit. I can't wait to learn more about Setsuna's backstory. The hell kind of influence could be strong enough to possess him to do that?

And yeah, Tieria is a dick. He'd better go through some serious development.

May 5, 2015 1:45 PM

Now if there is one thing I don't like about subs, it would have to be the high-pitched voices of some characters.
Excel's English VA(s) were bad enough in ADV's dub of Excel Saga, but I imagine Excel sounds even worse in the sub.

Something else that I don't exactly get is when an English VA pour their heart into a role when it comes to emotional situations, people cry "They're overreacting!"
But when an Japanese VA does the exact same thing, they somehow have a magical barrier that protects them from all criticism and they recieve praise.

The ridiculous lengths that sub purists will go to...

Jan 16, 2016 12:34 AM

Tieria's god complex is really getting annoying.

However Setsuna deserves to be grounded for his personal stunt.

May 11, 2017 10:17 PM
When am I supposed to start to like the MC..because he's been pretty irritating to watch so far

Aug 17, 2018 8:17 AM
Anime Moderator
The child soldier part was really disturbing, but it's definitely made me more interested in Setsuna's background.

It's also interesting to see them talk about knowing the amount of casualties that would result from Celestial Being's plans. Seems like they've calculated for everything, every possible outcome.

Nov 6, 2018 9:36 AM

Very nice episode.... 3 great points.

for one side we can watch/discover the consequences of a war on civilians/innocents, (every day watch it on the TV News), but if Celestial wants to take this way, the death is one of the points.

The second point...Self-preservation and fear, therefore, humanity, instead of embracing peace, will increase spending on armaments.

Third point....Terrorism! but supported by the regent governments!!!! Well, here Celestial has 2 options, act or not act, although the kids will finally act, in my opinion, in this point, Celestial they would have to close their eyes, why terrorism is like playing hide and seek!

Well, but the most interesting of all them, is that all of it are happen today around the world!!!! kekeke

Hello, my litte boy!

May 31, 5:53 PM

Tieria should've shot Setsuna like maybe in the arm or something, the dude is a loose canon.

Wondering how will they handle the terror attacks, but I suspect that they are a ploy or something though.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John