Forum Settings
Forums

When do you think Gundams will come out in real life?and why.

New
Nov 18, 2007 7:19 AM

Nov 2007
When do you think Gundams will come out in real life?and why.

I think gundams will in the year 2030s, because by that time we (the people) can figure

out how to make gundams, for probully war and stuff. Then the series gundam seed will

happen in real life. =)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2007 7:45 AM

Mar 2007
Something like Gundam Seed isn't likely to happen in real life.. Some kind of superior human race would have to be born for that, and the wars would be a bit too brutal.
And real "Gundams" will most likely never be build either, if anything at all it would be Mobile Suits.

Nov 18, 2007 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
I think you've been watching too much anime since Gundams will never come out, unless it's some very expensive promotional thing that has no practical use what so ever.

Nov 18, 2007 8:02 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Heh, you should be glad if we even make it to 2030. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 18, 2007 8:04 AM

Apr 2007
U.C. 0079, obviously. ;)
Nov 18, 2007 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
Haven't you guys been paying attention to Gundam 00? The date has clearly been stated as 2307. But don't worry, we should have regular mobile suits way before that. They're almost as cool.

Seriously though if these pictures are any evidence, prototypes have already been developed.
Nov 18, 2007 9:01 AM

Aug 2007
I can see something using ideas from Patlabor's Labors (an OS that learns, computer controlled and synchronised chassis, a massive variety of types), Masamune Shirow's landmates in Appleseeds (movement calculated by tactile feedback) and Gasaraki's Tactical Armour (practical combat usage) becoming a reality inside maybe 50 years. The technology exists now; it just requires a real reason, industrial backing and lots of money, really. We've probably all seen the photos of the powered heavy lifting framework made by that Japanese robotics reasearch lab, then there's that guy in Alaska obsessively solo-building a functional mech, there's things like that John Deere six-legged walking forestry machine already at working prototype stage, and of course the ideas the US military seems to be seriously considering about powered armour and suchlike seem to be crying out to be scaled up.

Gasaraki and parts of Patlabor in particular are fairly good examinations of how mecha could practically work and what it'd be good and bad at. Patlabor sees mecha as primarily construction plant, like Aliens' power loader - much more likely than military equipment in my opinion. Then again I fervently hope that "Gundams", as Gundam depicts them, never happen. Far, far too camp.
Nov 18, 2007 9:02 AM

Nov 2007
but people have already made super humans, by combining their own genes with more

than one person that could become a new race of super humans. And we all know where

this is from. i have also seen a real life gundam being build in JAPAN, as a image and

video. How do we know that won't be the start of real life gundams???
Nov 18, 2007 9:07 AM

Oct 2007
Wasn't that a theme park? :x

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Nov 18, 2007 9:10 AM

Jan 2005
You're living in a fantasy world.
Nov 18, 2007 9:12 AM

Nov 2007
go to this site:
http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/1000/Gundam+Crisis/

this site will show that gundams might be real.
Nov 18, 2007 9:15 AM

Jul 2006
I'm still waiting for Rockman. ._.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2007 9:47 AM

Sep 2007
I'm sure hundreds of years down the world, we'll have the technology. But not for an extremely long time.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Nov 18, 2007 12:59 PM
Aug 2007
Ok, chidori... are you suffering from any sort of mental trauma recently? Nothing you wrote makes sense. You're just spouting crazy nonsense trying to make yourself seem like you know what you're talking about. There hasn't been an instance of a super human being created, and when you write a sentence make sure that it is all in one tense. You can't start in past tense then go to future and expect it to hold any sort of relevant point. Second of all, that so called "real gundam" is an ATTRACTION. It's a VR game that looks like a gundam, but that's it. It can't move or fly or do anything except for lie there and run a simulation. If you're going to make an argument back it up with facts...

Second, gundams as depicted in the series will probably never come to existence. If they were to come into existence then it would be followed by mechs designed for construction or industry purposes, then after a long time it would possibly be converted into some sort of weapon.
Nov 18, 2007 1:31 PM

May 2007
i hope they will come true.
and since i belive in rebirth i hope i will be able to ride one sometime^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Nov 18, 2007 5:27 PM

Oct 2007
long long time from now :P
Nov 18, 2007 5:35 PM

Oct 2007
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I don't think we would get that far to be able to create gundams. If we had that kind of technology and power, I'm sure some crazy bunch of people would come along one day and fuck everything up(or someone stupid)...or if not then it would not be a very safe place. But that's just me ^^
Nov 18, 2007 8:19 PM

Nov 2007
we all know they recently created a super mouse by enabling a gene ever we have as humans. who know if they have done it in secret probably who knows.

who to say Gattica wont become real life as for gundams i know they have something like a gundam that fights fires in Tokyo i saw a program about 2 years ago just a guy in an elevated fire engine that could spray water on high buildings it was a huge achievement for the time. Japan is always forging ahead with its technology but i prefer bubblegum crisis, a man in Japan made something like an exoskeleton that fits around you and increases your lifting capability by like 10. much better.
Nov 18, 2007 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
I don't think we will ever make a Gundam and if we do it'll be just so we can say "Yeah we made a Gundam!" and then we'll stop because they aren't money effecient even if you have the technology they're far more expensive then tanks etc and they're far more powerful in the show then they would be in real life... They wouldn't fly around blowing up a hundred tanks as cool as that would be. XD

I don't doubt we have the ability to obtain such technology many many years from now, but money will always be the hinderance to making Gundams (or mobile suits) for war purposes other then maybe one or two per country.
Nov 19, 2007 1:26 AM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
Heh, you should be glad if we even make it to 2030. xD

:(

yeah.

we need gundams tomorrow. I expect 2 things
1) a gundam at my doorstep tomorrow
2) sexy gundam character to come out of gundam and love me forevers :P
Nov 19, 2007 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
I don't really think gundams are so practical because they would fall over easily and be hard to get back up since they only have two legs and they are so top heavy, so I doubt they'll ever be built for mainstream use in armies...
Nov 19, 2007 9:47 AM

Oct 2007
gravity would be to much for real gundams to handle and they would end up collapsing under their own weight.

if they were just used in space, they might be possible.

Perhaps the most realistic possibility for a mech are the type used in Gasaraki.

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Nov 19, 2007 10:13 AM

Jun 2007
Why would gravity crush Gundams? Space Shuttles, Buildings, Jet Airplanes, Ships are all larger or nearly the same size than they are and haven't been crushed by Gravity. Its not like they're gonna make the War Machines out of paper.

Nov 19, 2007 12:42 PM

May 2007
In about 100 - 200 years i think they will apear. Maybe not as advanced like in the anime but in some form you can bet on it .

Nov 20, 2007 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
but how do u think gundams in the anime can handle the gravity. Its because, they were built to handle the gravity so it won't affect them in battle. Also most gundams are built to fight in space not mostly on the earth.
Nov 20, 2007 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
I don't think Gundums would be very efficent compared to other types of vehicles in 2030. I don't think they'll ever make a major-break through, althought some anime-junky engineer (maybe one of us! :O) might build a commercially decent one that no one will buy.
Nov 20, 2007 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
Legion17 said:
Why would gravity crush Gundams? Space Shuttles, Buildings, Jet Airplanes, Ships are all larger or nearly the same size than they are and haven't been crushed by Gravity. Its not like they're gonna make the War Machines out of paper.

It's possible that it might break because it's shaped like people yet on the inside is more hollow and lacks an identical structure to human bones. But hey, I'm no builder-dude.
Nov 20, 2007 5:26 PM

Nov 2007
why wouldn't they be. They have: guns, solar power battery's, beam sabers, jet boosters, and many more. They are everything u can ask for that are mostly in the army and more. So why can't they be better compared to the other stuff in 2030?
Nov 20, 2007 5:46 PM
Jul 2007
ChidoriXx said:
go to this site:
http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/1000/Gundam+Crisis/

this site will show that gundams might be real.

lol did u read this part of the site?

For those wondering about the Gundam Crisis attraction with the 1/1 scale RX78 - found this clip on YouTube.

And yes - you can get into the cockpit but only after you complete all the missions within the 8 minute time limit. The missions involve collecting information in a remote terminal. If you do complete the missions then you get to see a special video in the cockpit (ero Sayla Mass video?)
None of the folks in the video were able to complete the mission within the time limit. Costs 800 yen for the RX78 attraction but not sure if they chuck you out after your 8 mins are up.

xD not saying gundams wont be real but this isnt a "real" gundam xDD
Nov 20, 2007 5:48 PM

Aug 2007
I don't see why something like Mobile Suits couldn't be made in the future. 2030 seems a rather unrealistic prediction though. I don't think that 20 years is long enough to allow the nessassary advances in metalurgy, OS and AI programming.

I think history shows pretty well if a man can imagine it it can be built, evntually. Artists often drive invention with creativity, but it is generally a slow process. Da Vinci was dreaming up flying machines 200 years before the Write brothers flew.

Nov 20, 2007 5:59 PM
Jul 2007
I agree with edge_666. Although having gundams would be cool its impossible to make them anytime soon. Even if we did make a gundam it would be slowwww and weak, weak because if they used strong armor it would be heavy and it cant move slow because how do u move something that huge fast? we have to be realistic anime is anime real life is real life, we arent gonna have gundams flying around anytime soon and with issues like global warmimg at hand will we even live long enough to develope the technology to make them?
Nov 20, 2007 6:06 PM

Sep 2007
The original Mobile Suit Gundam is much more likely to happen than Seed, only weeaboos that dreams of Seed almost every night would want Seed to happen irl, i.e the OP.

Well Japan has already made a really crappy mech, and both China and Japan have made 1/1 Scale Gundams (China has Zeta Gundam and Japan has RX-78, although 78 can't stand).

Personally, I don't see the need for fancy looking Gundams in the real world no matter what the Time is, unless if we do get to a point where Mobile Suits are like cars, people customize them for looks and performance. Honestly though I think something relative to a Ball or a GM will appear in maybe a hundred years at the least, if there is a need for it. Most likely if the real world will use mechs, it will be Mech Warrior style and not Mobile Suit style.

Dec 5, 2007 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
never. it would have to defy the laws of physics to get gundams to the standards we think of from the anime
Dec 5, 2007 4:41 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
selective_yellow said:
we need gundams tomorrow. I expect 2 things
1) a gundam at my doorstep tomorrow
2) sexy gundam character to come out of gundam and love me forevers :P

If the gundam series I've seen are any indication, the gundam character would probably threaten to kill you, and you'd have a long and somewhat war torn story (where you'd probably take a role as a pacifist and quite possibly a princess (yahoo!) before you could finally be with him, and he'd maybe love you forevers ...

it's a nice thought tho xD
Dec 5, 2007 5:45 PM

Dec 2007
Pfft...Gundams...they'd never invent the cool ones (like Zero, or heck even Exia), we'd just get ones that are "practical". In other words, the boring GMs. No thanks. Only chance of getting any that are any better would be if NewTypes appeared. And that? Yeah...never.

So actually interesting Gundams? Never.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 5, 2007 10:56 PM

Nov 2007
philosopherk1ng said:
never. it would have to defy the laws of physics to get gundams to the standards we think of from the anime

This is the truth.

Infact alot of things in Gundam Seed (and all other gundams) defy laws and theories of science.

Dec 5, 2007 11:27 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Astaroth said:
Infact alot of things in Gundam Seed (and all other gundams) defy laws and theories of science.

I DEFY THE LAWS OF SCIENCE!!!
*cough* *cough* Sorry, I had to.

Scientists try and analyze, re-work or work around the laws of science everyday. The orbital elevators in Gundam 00? They're trying to build those as we speak. They're just having problems fusing carbon nanotubes together at the moment xD There a million dollar XPrize for it!

This doesn't mean I think we're going to have gundams though xD They're waaay to flashy. Maybe mobile suits, though. Things like this are usually dreamed up in "science fiction" before it becomes a reality. Video phones? Tricorders (my lab at my uni is working on what could possibly be put together in the distant future to make one)?

And I think I nerded out this post.
KinetaDec 5, 2007 11:33 PM
Dec 6, 2007 1:53 AM

Dec 2007
Japan probably has a functioning one hidden somewhere just in case.

But really, would we have giant mechs in the future? Probably not. It doesn't seem practical for warfare, at least IMO.
Dec 6, 2007 2:28 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
gc said:
Japan probably has a functioning one hidden somewhere just in case.

Haha yeah, they've been financing it by charging fees for the people who needed inspiration in order produce Anime and Manga with mecha-based stories. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 6, 2007 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
not at all it is funded by the shota who will one day round up all lolis and eat them thus gundams will be a nessesity for future wars and besides GUYVER!!! suits are better in ever way
Dec 6, 2007 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
I could imagine it happening in 100-200 years but I don't think they'll be developed for war. It'll probably just be for things like trash / garbage management, construction, etc.

large moving robots would just be a waste of time and money in warfare considering that it's going to be more biological / nuclear if things get ugly.
Dec 6, 2007 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
GUYVER!! SUITS GUYVER!!! SUITS ARE ULTIMATE WEAPON it is feasible as well anyone who dose not agree is yaoi and if you dont belive me just look at yourself in the mirror you are basically a bio engineered robot x maximuim power = GUYVER!!!!

mata gundams are cool for like space wars but as a war machine they are impractical as basically the movement your asking it to do is akin to human movements GUYVER!!! would be war at its supreme best as far a mobility goes if you could perhaps combine GUYVER!! with Gundam what you would get is GIGANTIC GUYVER!!!! Ultimate GUNDAM BIO WEAPON!!!

DESU!!
Dec 6, 2007 9:03 AM

Feb 2005
Prototype mechas have already been built for fun by people around the world, but for military ones to be produced, they would have to be needed first. When there is no practical need for mechs, why would a nation waste money on building the things? The wars of today and the imminent future will include fast and mobile units, and of course, cruise missiles. So why develop a huge lumbering war machine?
Look at the ATAT's from Star Wars, they might be powerful and resilient, but they are too slow and probably expensive as well. The Empire in Star Wars use these things much because of the terror they induce in their opponents, and being a galaxy-wide empire they have more than enough money to use on such extravagant projects.
However, in the real world, people need to think practical, and even if we could create fast and mobile mechas, like the Orbital Frames of ZOE, it would be a too expensive project, ordinary land and air vehicles would probably be far more practical to use.

So I doubt we will see mechas dominating the battlefields in the near future, but perhaps someday, if they can be created cheaply enough and can be proven to be more effective than ordinary military units.
Dec 6, 2007 9:27 AM

Jun 2007
The United States Army is developing a Powered Armored Suit. Not a Gundam but a little close.

Dec 6, 2007 9:36 AM

Oct 2007
Legion17 said:
The United States Army is developing a Powered Armored Suit. Not a Gundam but a little close.

that thing has been in the works since the mid 90's. Funny how it looks kind of like the armor for Iron Man.

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Dec 7, 2007 7:59 PM

Nov 2007
I hope very soon! oh and the mech designs in Patlabor are so cool!
Dec 8, 2007 6:55 PM

Nov 2007
true and look at modern robotics! awesome
Mar 31, 2008 10:17 PM

Dec 2007
I don't think it will ever happen either. It would cost WAY too much money. That money going towards your gundams would go to better, more productive stuff. They might make mobile suits yes, to breath in space while being able to fly with ease, but not gundams. Too expensive. Plus, the governments would have to probably seen a show with mechs which I don't think they would have because they are all old. xD
Mar 31, 2008 10:34 PM
Jan 2008
Gundams and mecha as seen in fiction will never coem to pass. They are impracticle and too weak to use in real battles. Human-shaped mecha have two large and important weaknesses: the legs. And legs are impossible to protect completely. Besides that, why waiste teh money on big things when you can make exo-suits. Exo-suits ARE possible and would give use the coolness of both gundam AND Ghost in the Shell at the same time!

Anime-zing music for the masses.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 27 seconds ago

0 by NubFix »»
27 seconds ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

70 by Jonas-K »»
51 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

4 by MichaelJackson »»
7 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

58 by TsutanaiFuun »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

154 by district_marvel »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.