Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2009 5:41 AM

Feb 2009
I... don't know what to say.

I happen to be the only person which absolutely, ridiculously, definitely hated this ending. It's not the fact that Ciel died (I mean, he's my favorite character, but let's put that aside for a moment >.<), it was just... eh... I really dunno.
The manga is great and they kind of killed it. The last scene was... okay... I suppose (I like yaoi, so yes), but when Ciel said "make it painful" I was thinking something like he would have ripped the eye with the contract out (probably some collateral effect of me reading too much CLAMP), not what actually happened. Looks like they had time to lose to think, "how shall we make a yaoi-ish ending?" and hadn't got enough ideas to draw Sebastian's real form - which I don't care at all about, mostly because I was still busy at laughing my head off at some stupid pun me and my sister had made and which I can't remember at the moment.
No, really. They did so many pointless fillers and things (like, why did they even bothered drawing Ciel's slave mark, since nothing of it has been said? And if you read the manga you'll see that they've drawn it in the wrong spot =_=), I started to lower the overall vote from episode 12. So... it started with a 10/10 and now it's like 4/10. A total flop, if you ask me.

At least since one of the main character's dead, they can't make a second season. If they do, they must re-do this one completely.
Mar 30, 2009 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
^ good first post

Anyways, this was a pretty good episode. TBH I'm a fan of shounen-ai but I don't like the suggestive ending >< It's hard to accept Sebastian's gay! Hated his dominatrix heels. Liked how badass he was. Makes me wonder how come he didn't grow another arm, I mean he's a demon and all... Is that angel's sword sacred enough to prevent him from restoring his arm? Aww..

maykipz said:
As a yaoi fangirl that finds gay even when there isn't any, this whole episode was GHEY GHEY GHEY.
In a good way.
LOL, true.
Mar 30, 2009 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
I'd prefer the original version, I mean, that one without Angela and Ash. About 14 first episodes were awsome, then it started to turn much worse. Anyway, I enjoyed this ending, it was quite pretty.

Ciel was great, but it's better for him not to stay alive.
Mar 30, 2009 12:50 PM

Dec 2007
yeah yeah people, I got it.
lots of shonen-ai hints etc, etc. but nothing actually happened between them.

so... HA! :D *dislikes yaoi*

if you guys really think sebastian stole Ciel's soul though raping him or whatever, then go write a fanfiction or something. D: ...although I'm pretty sure a lot of you already did.

Mar 30, 2009 3:23 PM

Dec 2008
thatonegirl said:
if you guys really think sebastian stole Ciel's soul though raping him or whatever, then go write a fanfiction or something. D: ...although I'm pretty sure a lot of you already did.

No one's going to write that, sheesh.
Now if it was consensual...
Mar 30, 2009 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
;__; Gonna miss this show. The ending pretty much ensures that there WON'T be a sequel...):

BAWLLL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2009 4:17 PM
Jan 2009
Wah, I'm sort of lost right now. Like it's over now... what to watch next?

Considering the way the past few episodes were, this was pretty much how I imagined things would end... not that I could have guessed how the plot goes, but "emotianally" it was like I thought. But I liked this episode. Sad that it's over.
Dunno even what I'm saying anymore. XD

There really were a lot of shonen-ai stuff, but what can you expect when the mangaka also writes yaoi. :--D I would be suprised if there would have not been any male x male- insinuations in the story. Fan-service<3
Mar 30, 2009 4:53 PM
Nov 2008
D; The anime was disappointing... honestly...
The manga is 50x better than this. The manga ending better not end like this!!! D8
I...I can't tell if I liked it or not, rofl. There was an awful lot of fillers though, considering this was only a 24 episode anime. I loved the beginning, I have to say. =)
Mar 30, 2009 5:08 PM

May 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
This is solely my opinion. But, from 10/10 at the start to 6/10 at the end, one word to overall describe this anime: FLOP.
Had HUGE potential, but never seemed to fill it. Instead, got fillers, poor development of story & characters and a poor ending = boring (for me at least)
=.=
Mar 30, 2009 11:30 PM

Aug 2008
omg an awesome n touching ep.
one of the best endings i've ever seen, kinda reminds me of code geass
i really want a 25th ep so badly, or even an OVA XD
Mar 31, 2009 1:07 AM

Feb 2009
Post watching reaction:

WTF??

I cannot believe it just ended like this. Either theres still a sequel to come (for the sake of redemption) or they've just screwed the anime up completely. Have been disappointed since the first episode but thought something would gradually pick up the pace and improve the anime. Guess the the producers just lost their touch with this. Plotholes plotholes plotholes. Too many things left undeveloped and unexplained. To me sebastian's last words just sounded way too vague for it to be the end. Ashlea overall just didn't have enough development to convince viewers they were potential villains, only a random character the producers came up with little or no foundations at all. It's really a shame Kuroshitsuji had such high artistic standards and good original concept. A better-written plot to compliment it could have taken the anime to a higher standard.

ffantasyMar 31, 2009 1:18 AM
Mar 31, 2009 8:49 AM

Sep 2008
Perfect till the end ....
The didn't left "open gate" for 2nd season... just perfect ending (and...some boyxboy fanserwis!~!)...
But....it's still something missing - Sebastian's true form!~! I want to seee him in high-heels XD

I'll give 10/10 !
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Mar 31, 2009 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
So sad~! But also expected :/

I want to see Sebastian's true form *o* It looked terribly beautiful. The angel really started freaking me out in the end, so I'm glad Sebastian took care of it XD;; But his arm...!!! So much slashiness in the scene where Sebastian was telling Ciel to close his eyes until he was finished♥ I can't help but let my fangirl mind wonder about exactly how Sebastian 'devoured' Ciel's 'soul'...

I'll miss the Kuroshitsuji anime, but there's always the manga to get into if I'm really hurting for it, right? :) I wish it would get licensed already!

maykipz said:
Now if it was consensual...

It totally was.
Mar 31, 2009 6:01 PM

Aug 2007
This was definitely one of the better animes of the fall season. I was like OMG when sebastian turn into his demon form. I really wanted to see how he looked like, I bet he would look cool. lol.

I was like....I feel bad for Ciel who got eaten by his beloved butler. He must have known it was going to happen because he made an agreement with a demon.

I enjoyed every minute o this anime. 9/10
Apr 1, 2009 7:11 PM

Oct 2007
WHO CARES ABOUT CIEL?! THEY KILLED RANMAO!!!

That girl was so cute omfg >< and I barely heard her talking at the late episodes?!?!?!? C'MON!!!

I WANTED MORE OF HER D: THIS CALLS FOR DOUJIN!!!

good show, I'm happy they didn't twist this and made it somesort of happy ending at the end. Ended like how it's suppose to be.

Though it looks like Sabby kissed Ciel at the end... I don't know if that's suppose to be...(No I'm not a fangirl, if I were, I wouldn't be questioning it)
Apr 1, 2009 10:50 PM

Jan 2008
...i really dont know what to say.... i want to say i didnt like it, but there were parts i did. im PEEVED they didnt show Sebastian's real form. that's REALLY going to bug me. for a moment there, i thought he was female in his real form, cus of the boots, and then they didnt SHOW anything?! like.. omfg?! and the way Ciel's soul is going to be taken like... i dunno... i have too many questions after this one. all and all, good series. i have to admit i dropped it to 7/10 though cus this last ep left me with more puzzlement than resolution.

NEXT!
Apr 2, 2009 3:32 AM

Sep 2007
I agree with inuaddict in the fact that I also thought he was female in his real form, but I really wish I coud've seen Sebastians real form. And I don't think he kissed him, I think he ate him, quite litterally.
Apr 2, 2009 2:23 PM

Dec 2008
The ending of Kuroshitsuji was absolutely undoubtedly satisfying. I cannot even describe how much I enjoyed this ending. I had expected worse but I am quite relieved at the end result. This entire animation was mysterious. Sebastian altogether, especially when unaware of the appearance of his true form, was mysterious. Every character was involved in the right place at the perfect intervals. It flowed so smoothly that I could even feel the texture of the profound emotions captured in the last episode. Everything from Sebastian’s temporary transition during the battle with the angel, to the excursion with Ciel’s past flickering against the waters... What was wonderful was the metaphor between the blue ring and the blue flower. Ciel went from one boy weighed down by a family jewel to a boy lifted a little by a natural jewel. I love the contrast between the wealthy and the “natural” in this sense in regards to the ring. Such a lovely series this was. Splendid indeed. :]
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Apr 3, 2009 1:17 PM

May 2008
just loved it!!!
I agree with you SilentMuse!

Epic~!

I expected already expected Ciel´s death...but not with this perfection!!

Loved the series!!
Apr 4, 2009 3:42 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, that ending was perfect for me. That last scene was a bit heartbreaking (esp. Ciel saying 'make it hurt' T_T), but we all knew Ciel was going to die from the start, and I would have been disappointed if it hadn't ended that way. Ciel and Sebastian both got what they wanted.

loveholic18 said:

I demand a sequel. It'll be interesting where Sebastian will lead to from that point on.

NOOO. There can't be Kuroshitsuji without Ciel!
Apr 4, 2009 12:20 PM

Feb 2009
I'd prefer it if (and that's only if they decide to follow up with the series) they released an OVA, not a second season. Maybe show whether or not everyone survived the attack, how they're doing, and maybe drop in on what Sebastian's up to. But a second season wouldn't be cool. At all. =/
Apr 4, 2009 10:28 PM

Jun 2007
DAAAAAMN that was a good ending! I'm kinda sad though...
Poor Elizabeth D:

Apr 6, 2009 9:00 AM

Dec 2008
HEART BREAKING, but really good ending. <3 Last scene. I'LL NEVER FORGET IT.

Overall gave the series a 8/10 for some of the ehhh going on around the middle or endish.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Apr 6, 2009 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
maa~~n that was AWESOME ;___; seriously, what a way to end a show.. that fight between Sebastian and Ash was just amazing and Sebastian's true form must be so mindblowing (hopefully will be shown in the manga.. hopefully they'll translate the manga ><;;) and although I was expecting Ciel to die in this ep since the very beginning, I still was shocked when he fell into the water and his cinematic record started playing.. TT_____TT

goodbye to Ciel.. one of my favourite characters and I miss him so much already Q___Q (and listening to "May it Be" from the Lord of the Rings OST was probably a bad move seeing as how emotional that ep was ;___;)
Apr 6, 2009 10:41 PM

Oct 2007
Very good. This show had alot of symbolism and even Ciel's death was done very well. The whole close your eyes bit during the final fight reminded me of God's destruction of Sodom and Sarah looking back. Had pretty decent humor even if it was a bit slow at some points. 8/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 8, 2009 3:28 PM

Aug 2008
someone got their chainsaw baqqqq (:
Apr 8, 2009 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
That was Perfect!!!!!
Im gonna go watch the whole series again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2009 6:11 AM

Apr 2008
LOL. Though I knew Sebastian was going to eat Ciel, the ending still gave me some room for imagination HAHAHA.
-yaoi fangirl imagination mode-
XD

どんなに小さなつぼみでも、ひとつだけのHappiness. :)
No matter how small the bud may be, it is just one Happiness. :)

Apr 13, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
guys with chainsaws - wtf death gardeners D:

this ending made me hurt badly somehow </3
Apr 13, 2009 2:54 PM

May 2008
The Ending was ok.
Apr 16, 2009 8:08 PM
Nov 2007
Mehh, ending did nothing for me although i never really did get into the show.
Apr 27, 2009 3:46 PM

Apr 2007
I picked this show up randomly... and there were episodes I didn't like at all, but a lot of them I liked... so I'm glad I watched it. I liked the ending.. I was guessing that Ciel will live on with Sebastian as butler and that there could a second season or something... haha. Hopeful thinking. They really ended it.
Apr 29, 2009 6:46 AM

Dec 2007
Wow. Just... wow. I was so hoping for a second season for this. T^T

But man, the way Sebastian killed Ciel.... ARGH. WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW IT MORE PRECISELY. I wanted a screenshot. ;_;
Apr 29, 2009 7:51 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh, Ciel. I love you T_______T
But i knew what had to happen.

Nice ending. Kukuku.
May 1, 2009 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
The ending wasn't disappointing.
May 5, 2009 4:27 PM

Oct 2007
The manga is so much more superior to the anime in my opinion. Agree with whoever's post it was that the anime had so much potential but didn't really get there... I'm really 'thankful' for the ending though, they wrapped it up really well. Everyone knows that Ciel should die, so it would have been a bit too corny if he LIVED ON TO GET HIS REVENGE RARR.

And glad that the angel died. I hated Angela. And Pluto.
May 8, 2009 12:34 AM
Apr 2009
Nice ending, but I prefer it if they stuck to the manga
May 9, 2009 3:57 AM
Oct 2007
Took me so long to finish this anime, mainly because it just got so draggy and round-about that I couldn't care less about any of the characters anymore, maybe except for Ciel. But I will never think of "London Bridge is Falling Down" the same again, that's for sure. 7/10
May 9, 2009 9:23 PM
May 2008
lol I agree with Annisa. London Bridge will never sound the same again.
but while I did love this show, the lack of comedy near the end and the end in general kinda changed my mind. This went from a 9 to an 8. Still a great show though. Perhaps following the manga will be more satisfying...
May 10, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2007
Hey in sebastian's real form, was that heels he was wearing???
May 11, 2009 5:40 AM

Dec 2007
Shurtugal said:
Hey in sebastian's real form, was that heels he was wearing???

Yup. ^_^ Boots with high heels. : D
May 21, 2009 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
I think this is probably one of my favorite endings of all time. It's so perfectly bitter-sweet.

"Carve the pain of my life into my soul."

I mean...damn.
May 21, 2009 10:23 PM

Jul 2007
Couldn't have been any bettere. Just a awsome story line, and with the demon and angel fighting. Too bad we didn't get to see Sabastian's true form
May 24, 2009 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
8/10

i couldn´t care less about Sebastian´s true form...i wanted to see how he will take Ciel´s soul...D:
May 25, 2009 10:45 AM

Mar 2009
So terribly bitter-sweet! *A*
I'm not sure if I hate or love this ending... >__<;; (probably love)
My friend some-what spoiled it for me by calling up on the phone saying "I FINISHED KUROSHITSUJI *SNIIIIFF* ;__;". Great, thanks.
I feel so empty inside now... that's how I usually feel when I've watched/read something that changed me. UGH SO SATISFYING ;w;

Sebastian ate Ciel. That... made me squeal a little. >w<;;;
May 25, 2009 3:12 PM

May 2009
hmm, i enjoyed it....i really want to see his true form!
but maybe it's best they didn't show it, lest they not portray it the right way and it ends up not looking right....(love the boots)
May 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Great Anime

8/10
May 26, 2009 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
Just finished it about an half hour ago.
I don't know what to rate it..
May 27, 2009 4:40 PM

Feb 2009
patient_senses said:
I thought that this was a pretty good way to end the series. I'm glad they killed Ciel because it just would have been disappointing if he and his butler lived happily ever after. They wrapped up who killed Ciel's parents. I was starting to think the writers forgot about that since it hasn't been mentioned.

I kind of wanted to see Sebastian's true form, but I didn't think they'd show it. I suppose they just want you to imagine it, but I'm curious as to how evil he truly looked. I wished they would have said what happened to the other servants as well.

The series overall, wasn't too bad. It felt pretty boring and pointless at times, but all the different aspects made it interesting.

yeah I agree with you here, I gave this show a 7/10
May 31, 2009 12:33 AM

Aug 2007
They only shown Sebastian's Boots and eyes T___T
I wanna see how he looks (ToT)
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

noteDhero - Feb 7, 2009

199 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Iiotoko - Mar 21, 2009

93 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

105 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

97 by pendr4gonz »»
Mar 17, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Takai - Jan 17, 2009

80 by pendr4gonz »»
Mar 12, 2:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.