Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2009 1:33 PM

Oct 2007
it was a nice re-cap episode!

10/10 ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2009 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
DarkDemonz said:
It sure was a nice recap.
As other said it already, the last moment, was totally worth it

Oh it was all worth it, the tears the laughs. I had fucking goosebumps through out this whole episode. I felt as if I 'grew' up with them, as he told the story. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, Tomoya is just as confused about what had happened as many of the complainers are, so get over it.

Clannad is definately my fave character-wise. I fell for everyone of them.
It's so sad knowing it's over. Yet I'm so happy. Masterpiece yo, 10/10
Mar 29, 2009 4:02 PM

Dec 2008
Very nice recap indeed. I will miss this beautiful anime. I tried my best to hold my tears back, unlike the other After Story episodes.

Zarkonis said:
but I don't think it'll ever top Kanon 2006 for me

Clannad > Kanon 2006
Mar 29, 2009 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
mouselmm said:
Though condensed, the story of CLANNAD still shines in its brilliance

draker said:
Beautiful episode.
I nearly cried at the end.

Masterpiece series, I'm really gonna miss Clannad.
10/10

Well said, you two.
Mar 29, 2009 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
I don't usually care for recaps, same thing with this episode. However I do like knowing that Tomoya does have memories of everything that happened in the Ushio dying part.
Mar 29, 2009 8:01 PM

May 2008
I didn't really like the end, but the series as a whole was so amazing I couldn't not give it 10/10.
I sure will miss Clannad, it's easily my favorite anime so far. And I hope they will make some OAVs...
Mar 29, 2009 9:33 PM

Jan 2009
quick, everyone re-watch it from season 1
its well worth it honestly
definalty the greatest rewatch value of any anime ive seen

Mar 29, 2009 9:35 PM
Feb 2009
man.....good memories.
Mar 29, 2009 10:51 PM

Aug 2007
Clannad=10/10
Clannad After Story=9/10

As much as I loved this and wanted to give it a 10, it only gets a 9 from me. If only there was a Kyou episode then maybe.
Mar 30, 2009 3:29 AM

Dec 2007
A very good wrap up episode! =)
And I loved how they confirmed that Tomoya has memories of the 5 years he shared with Ushio in the "other world".
10/10 for a good wrap up episode
But, as an episode of Clannad, 8/10. I would have liked to see a little more new footage; they could have included Nagisa in the narration, and had discussion, which would have been enough.
Mar 30, 2009 12:10 PM

May 2007
Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Mar 30, 2009 1:56 PM

Nov 2007
Don't think recaps can become much better than this. On the whole, I had some issues with the series, but despite those, it was very well written, so I'll give it a 9 for now. Its best moments (ep 18) did top the other KeyAni series'.
Mar 30, 2009 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
Nice recap; pretty much what everyone else said.
Mar 30, 2009 5:56 PM

Feb 2009
Bye Bye Clannad :( Sayo Nara. best anime ever 10/10
Mar 30, 2009 5:57 PM

Feb 2009
Trevelyan said:
Very nice recap indeed. I will miss this beautiful anime. I tried my best to hold my tears back, unlike the other After Story episodes.

Zarkonis said:

Clannad > Kanon 2006
i agree
Mar 30, 2009 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Best drama atm on my list 10/10
Mar 30, 2009 8:24 PM

Oct 2007
The Heartwarming feeling will be greatly missed.
Mar 30, 2009 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
LinKz said:
Trevelyan said:

Zarkonis said:

Clannad > Kanon 2006
i agree

So do I.
Nothing so far has given me as much as everything I ever wanted for in a show. And more!
CLANNAD just fits every criteria I have for a masterpiece. Kanon2006 was great but CLANNAD is just godly.

may08 said:

I can only wish to see more Key/KyoAni anime's.
So far. their works are the only ones that had made me cry or stir great amount of emotions.
Mar 31, 2009 4:47 AM

Feb 2009
alpha69 said:
LinKz said:
Trevelyan said:

Zarkonis said:

Clannad > Kanon 2006
i agree

So do I.
Nothing so far has given me as much as everything I ever wanted for in a show. And more!
CLANNAD just fits every criteria I have for a masterpiece. Kanon2006 was great but CLANNAD is just godly.

may08 said:

I can only wish to see more Key/KyoAni anime's.
So far. their works are the only ones that had made me cry or stir great amount of emotions.
LOL Godly... Thats my line i always say that :)
Mar 31, 2009 8:50 AM

Oct 2007
One of the best recaps I've ever seen. They did really will to make Tomoya and Ushio the narrators, it really gave a good feel about it. And I loved the ending where you see Ushio and Fuko sleeping and hear Nagisa calling them.

10/10 even tho it's a recap.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 31, 2009 9:23 AM

Sep 2008
I love this recap ... normally I hate them but this ep was just amazing!~!

10/10 for Clannad
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Mar 31, 2009 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
10/10 masterpiece

so sad is over now =[[

Mar 31, 2009 2:51 PM

Oct 2007
I just ~love~ how they showed five seconds of pretty much every scene that had me bawling my eyes out XD;; So of course, I was crying through most of it, lol.

Gawd, I will miss this anime. I wish there would be more 'extra episodes' though :X And I'm still WTFing about Tomoya not making up with his father since with the time change it would have meant that they never did...
Apr 2, 2009 12:29 PM

May 2007
That was a very nice recap. So sad CLANNAD is over. It was a great series <3
Looking forward for the next KyoAni series.

Apr 2, 2009 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
The voice at the end screaming for Ushio and Tomoya didn't sound like Nagisa... even though obviously it was but... maybe she matured, eh? lol.
Apr 2, 2009 8:19 PM

Jan 2009
xdzzz said:
The voice at the end screaming for Ushio and Tomoya didn't sound like Nagisa... even though obviously it was but... maybe she matured, eh? lol.

Yeah I noticed that as well X3
although it kinda sounds like fuko sister to me O.o
Apr 4, 2009 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
patient_senses said:
This is probably my favorite recap episode. I normally don't like recaps, even when I love the series, but this one was done so well, I just loved it. I loved the way it was formatted.

I'm glad that they clarified that Tomoya remembers all of what happened when Nagisa died. I kind of assumed that, but I'm glad to see I was right. If he didn't remember all of the pain he went through, the good ending wouldn't have been so touching for me. You never really appreciate what you have till it's gone. Tomoya knows what it was like to lose his family, therefore he cherises them more.

A great end to one of my favorite series. I'm sad to see it end.

Same views. Good to know that Tomoya remembers. That way the tears were not for nothing. Great recap episode. Missing Clannad already.

Apr 8, 2009 7:23 AM

Jan 2009
So it's over.

What am i going to do now?

Please, someone kill me.
Apr 14, 2009 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
The ending of the final episode made it worth it allright.
good and calm voice of Nagisa talking to them under the tree..
Apr 16, 2009 12:57 AM

Jun 2007
Heyyy Thanks to this episode i remembered, the light went into his chest, remember the legend of the light that gave you a wish, that's how he went back!!!!!!

This is my number one recap!! I love'd it!

Thank you again for another great anime Japan.

Hikura out-ouu~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat, Breathe, Sleep, Dream, Live Anime.

Trance, it's not just a Genre it's a state of mind.
Apr 22, 2009 6:40 AM
Mar 2009
hyptocalus said:
The ending of the final episode made it worth it allright.
good and calm voice of Nagisa talking to them under the tree..

The end here with nagisa calling them... really ends the story. It was along way but the end is a happy one. Kindness gives kindness... but in the end even if all is well and we are most happy about our lifes, the sad parts remind us how lucky we are....

we just saw a small part of the cities life. Other stories are in progress everywhere around us. May we find happiness even if it means passing through hell.
May 1, 2009 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
I loved the ending...as unrealistic as it may have been, just glad they did that. I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

May 4, 2009 7:57 AM

Jul 2008
Although the ending is unrealistic, it is still very moving. I guess it's really because of the fact that it's an animation that can create fantasized, we can enjoy it with this TRUE END just like the game. Like many others, I usually don't watch recaps as I think it's a waste of time. This is one of the very few exceptions.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
May 10, 2009 12:29 AM

Jan 2008
I'm glad they finally made it clear that he DID go back in time and it wasn't just an alternate storyline or something. That was driving me nuts. I'm still a little confused about the other world though.

~But all in all~ My favorite series so far. 10/10

EDIT
Mario1-7 said:
Fatentity said:
Clannad (And ~AS~) were truly amazing. It will always be one of my all-time favorites. As someone said earlier...now that Clannad has ended, I feel like I'm losing a piece of myself. This is one anime I wish didn't end.

9/10 from me.

The only complaint I have...I may be mistaken, but as far as I remember...THEY NEVER KISSED!!! WTF!!!

I wanted ONE KISS scene between those two!

=[

Make an OVA where they kiss and Clannad gets a 10/10 from me.

I am sure they kissed, they had a freakin baby, you don't gotta see it! Mine your damn business, do you wanna see Nagisa get knock up to? people that rate off things like this leave me in Despair!!

BRS_CHIYOMay 10, 2009 12:53 AM
May 13, 2009 8:48 AM

Feb 2008
I think this is the only recap episode that I didn't get bored watching it... XD

I really love Ushio's voice, haha! It's so cute... ^^

Nice recap BUT from Okazaki's view...

I'm gonna miss Kyou and Tomoyo.... T_T

I'm gonna miss CLANNAD!!!
May 14, 2009 7:05 AM
Dec 2008
elviswjr said:
I'm glad they finally made it clear that he DID go back in time and it wasn't just an alternate storyline or something. That was driving me nuts. I'm still a little confused about the other world though.

Yes I'm a little confused at the end of episode 22, but now that I've completed the series, I feel so much better =) Such a mysterious and warm feeling I'm experiencing now...

babykeiji said:

I'm gonna miss Kyou and Tomoyo.... T_T

I'm gonna miss CLANNAD!!!

Don't worry, this is coming up =)

Clannad: Another World, Kyou Chapter
May 14, 2009 3:49 PM

Dec 2008
Wasn't all for the recap for this episode. But somehow it all came together. This was such a beautiful series. I had to have cried during at least 4 of these episodes. Glad it all turned out happy in the end.

Overall I gave this series a 9/10.

May 15, 2009 1:38 AM

May 2009
Placing recaps at the end of the series running time is not a bad idea actually. At least it does not distract from the main story.
May 17, 2009 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
The 2nd half of this season hit me in far too many places with Tomoya growing up and Nagisa dying and their baby.... blah D:
Jun 8, 2009 8:07 PM

Jun 2009
The recap. Makes you wonder why so many anime series need episodes dedicated entirely to recaps, hint Seed, Dennou Coil, Air, etc, etc.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 3, 2009 4:03 AM

Jun 2009
At least,I like this one .
I never expect that things could turn back to this .
:D
I haven't got the main purpose of life.Have you?
Jul 5, 2009 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
How about Air?
Fear the finger of death
Jul 6, 2009 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
Dexterous said:
How about Air?

I never watch Air,so I don't know about it exactly .
Jul 8, 2009 7:52 PM

Jun 2009
Dexterous said:
How about Air?

What about Air?

Also, quite glad the recaps was in the end so you get a choice to watch it or not.
Jul 9, 2009 12:39 AM

Jun 2009
Justilee said:
Dexterous said:
How about Air?

What about Air?

Also, quite glad the recaps was in the end so you get a choice to watch it or not.

Better to watch it now .
Some people say the same thing like that .
:)
Jul 11, 2009 9:55 PM

May 2008
draker said:
Beautiful episode.

10/10

It's hard for me to cry when it comes to anime, but I seriously got pretty close many times over the course of after story. BEAUTIFUL series, I could actually go on for pages about why this anime is so meaningful and powerful. It's just... its there. It's there, and it works so well, and I am so glad I was able to see it happen. The characters, music, plot... it just all fit perfectly. The dream thing was a bit weird, but at least the flashback explained that it was basically a nightmare that happened in an alternate world or something weird.

This series desperately needs a series, because I can never get enough Clannad. I will miss you sorely. 11/10
Jul 11, 2009 10:28 PM

May 2009
Raven_Ichigami said:
Justilee said:
Dexterous said:
How about Air?

What about Air?

Better to watch it now .
Some people say the same thing like that .
:)

Yes, give Air a try if you haven't already. Sure, it might have its shortcomings and the anime is not as new and flash as the recent ones, but it's still worth a shot given this was the first of KyoAni's Key adaptations. So it might be worthwhile going to the roots of it all.

theeggman85 said:
draker said:
Beautiful episode.

10/10

It's hard for me to cry when it comes to anime, but I seriously got pretty close many times over the course of after story. BEAUTIFUL series, I could actually go on for pages about why this anime is so meaningful and powerful. It's just... its there. It's there, and it works so well, and I am so glad I was able to see it happen. The characters, music, plot... it just all fit perfectly. The dream thing was a bit weird, but at least the flashback explained that it was basically a nightmare that happened in an alternate world or something weird.

This series desperately needs a series, because I can never get enough Clannad. I will miss you sorely. 11/10

I felt the same way when I completed this anime some time ago and I still do. Shows how good this series is I suppose.
Jul 12, 2009 6:45 AM

Jun 2009
Highlights of Clannad would be Tomoyo kicking the ___ out of Sunohara, and Kyou's new job as a teacher. Woot!
Fear the finger of death
Jul 16, 2009 4:11 AM

Jan 2008
Saying this series was a Masterpiece is an understatement, even this recap episode was done right.
Beautiful, just beautiful. The whole franchise was just beautiful.
Jul 16, 2009 6:33 PM

May 2008
aero said:
Saying this series was a Masterpiece is an understatement, even this recap episode was done right.
Beautiful, just beautiful. The whole franchise was just beautiful.

amazing how this is so true, love it
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.