Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 28, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
Awww, poor Killua. I hope there is no drama between these two. I love their friendship. I wonder if they are going to interrupt the healing process of Komugi. They will probably think Pitou is hurting her not healing her. I really like her character and I hope she lives.
Jan 28, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
TheBigL said:
Awww, poor Killua. I hope there is no drama between these two. I love their friendship. I wonder if they are going to interrupt the healing process of Komugi. They will probably think Pitou is hurting her not healing her. I really like her character and I hope she lives.

That's interesting, imagine if they interrupt her and she dies, that'd be funny, but would lead to no further plot development since the king is already away

I remember killua said in whale island that he'll stick with Gon until he finds a thing he wants to do-epic foreshadowing btw-, and now they have been really building up their separation, so I'll be looking forward to that, if it ever happens after the anime ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Who else got bored because there's too much action and not enough narration? ^_^
Jan 28, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2013
I have 2 questions I would like questioned

HxH story is so complex sometimes I have a hard time understanding everything mostly for the Chimera Ant arc. There is a lot of detail to everything, it is pretty genius. I plan to rewatch it again and hopefully I will understand everything better.

Question 1: Why was Killua talking about asking himself the question, what question did he need answered was it about Ikalago how he was going to be after his screw up or was it about whether he or Gon could beat Neferpitou. I need clarification but I think its concerning Ikalogo

Question 2: Why wasnt Knuckle attacking Youpi why was he letting Shoot get beaten up was it because of the interest thing was he waiting for it was that the plan all along why exactly was he doing nothing for most the episode

Please and Thanks.

Jan 28, 2014 4:02 PM
Jan 2014
Quitted until the Gon Vs Pitou Fight.
Thanks Hunter x Hunter 2011!
Jan 28, 2014 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
giamon said:
Always loved HXH. However, i'm having mixed feelings right now - and i think it's just a personal thing.

The episodes are great and i think they've done a wonderful job with the way they animated it, but the story progression is sooooooooooo god damnnnn slowwwwwwwwww. It'll take years until we actually see a decent fight, and i understand wanting to use the narration to add that dramatic effect, but it doesn't mean that it should take like +80% of the episode!

Is this just me??

We already got a decent fight, Youpi's fight/s is actually the best out of all the fights involving the Royal Guards. Of course, it's still early on with Youpi, but we got through his battle with Shoot and now Knuckle's about to take over.

I'd say Youpi's fight is the best fight in this entire arc.
Jan 28, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2011
MohamedHAbdi said:

HxH story is so complex sometimes I have a hard time understanding everything mostly for the Chimera Ant arc. There is a lot of detail to everything, it is pretty genius. I plan to rewatch it again and hopefully I will understand everything better.

Question 1: Why was Killua talking about asking himself the question, what question did he need answered was it about Ikalago how he was going to be after his screw up or was it about whether he or Gon could beat Neferpitou. I need clarification but I think its concerning Ikalogo

Question 2: Why wasnt Knuckle attacking Youpi why was he letting Shoot get beaten up was it because of the interest thing was he waiting for it was that the plan all along why exactly was he doing nothing for most the episode

Please and Thanks.

You would like them questioned?

1) I don't think it's concerning Ikalogo. That was pretty much a non-issue when Killua caught up to Gon. The question was probably something along the lines of -- Gon are you willing to die?

2) It was because of interest. As it is his best attacks didn't have much impact, but with interest they would have been more effective. He didn't want to continue attacking while God's accomplice was in play because he didn't want Youpi to realize that there is another threat.

However, he ended up intervening anyways, but his new-found courage might spice up his attacks.
Jan 28, 2014 4:12 PM

Oct 2013
MohamedHAbdi said:

Please and Thanks.

1.It probably is about Pitou, he is afraid of losing Go (I am not too sure myself)

2.Knuckle hesitated because he was afraid for Shoot although his plan was different at first. Though it's not like he was thinking for ages, it took tops 20 seconds. And because of his Nen ability(interest)
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 28, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
all I'm saying is more Killua would be nice!! :)

anyway, liked this episode more than the previous episodes so far. Very interesting battles all around. Youpi is hideous still with those things coming out of his back. ew. and I thought Pouf was already a butterfly not a caterpillar so why does he need to reenter the cocoon? are there butterflies that do this? Inform me. I'm really itching to see the fight between the King and Netero/Zeno. Also can't wait to see Gon in action, and of course Killua as well. Seems like it'll be a min though.

Jan 28, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
awww, no badass Gon today? I was even fantasizing that Gon and Killua will work together and it will be like Electrical Fire Punch or Fire on Killua's Yoyo or something like that ( つ﹏╰)
Jan 28, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2011
If I remember right, Shoot is more bloody and beat up in the manga compared to this episode... anyways, he kicks ass. His character became so likable now.

And... we need to see Gon face Pitou now. The cliffhanger is killing me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
I wanted to watch Gon fight but still a great episode.
Jan 28, 2014 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
Youpi is way smarter than I thought he was, I hope he doesn't completely wreck Knuckle.
Jan 28, 2014 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
Shoot was pretty badass in this episode. Good thinking when he used his fists to accelerate himself so he could avoid be skewered. Knuckle could not hold it in any longer and decides to show himself to Youpi.
Knuckle vs Youpi gonna be good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 28, 2014 5:56 PM

Feb 2012
MohamedHAbdi said:

I don't think it's concerning Ikalgo. Killua is having a bad feeling about Gon and his old insecurities is creeping back. Prior the palace invasion, Shoot made the observation that Killua is drifting away, so something has been brewing inside him for awhile, but Killua made up his mind that he'll be with Gon thru and thru, and even has a secret skills that he can't wait to show Gon. Knowing Gon too well, Killua afraid Gon might do something drastic. The way Gon has been preparing himself and charged ahead with Youpi - like he's so determined to the point that he is shutting out everything else, perhaps Killua is feeling he's being shut out...like is he part of that 'let's go" as one unit, or just a 'let's go" for Gon himself.
Jan 28, 2014 6:34 PM
Jan 2014
good episode

cant wait for pitou and gon fight
Jan 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2013
good episode imo. but everyone who keeps wanting gon and pitou fight to happen youre just gonna have to wait it wont happen for a while. i think the youpi fight ends up being the best anyways though.
Jan 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2010
Knuckle vs Youpi. I hope this doesn't mess up the plan too much!

And I guess no Gon x Pitou confrontation today. Ah, must wait until next week.

The pacing's great, but I just wish they could speed it up a bit. :( Especially when you hear that only ten seconds have passed (according to Knuckle's thing) and basically those 10 seconds have been the last two episodes, it's more than a bit frustrating. ^_^;
Jan 28, 2014 7:07 PM
Sep 2013
Much much better. 4.5/5.

Jan 28, 2014 7:18 PM

May 2013
Great episode was great. Better than last week's episode, too. I'm really enjoying the Youpi fight; I don't get why everyone's waiting for the 'real' action to start when it's already started. Youpi vs Knuckle and Shoot was great. My favorite scene was the one involving Killua and Gon. I like how Togashi left it up to interpretation exactly what Killua meant with his thoughts.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 28, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
Look at hypocrisy in here, everyone wants something different/original, we get it and now they're complaining about it,typical.

Shoot getting whipped without any hint of pain or trouble and just kept going was badass, if knuckle didn't come he would've died in 15 seconds tops.
Jan 28, 2014 7:27 PM

Jun 2009
Really good episode, the Youpi stuff was pretty great and I am highly invested in the two "main" battles coming up. Can't help but wonder how Gon will handle seeing Komugi there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Jan 28, 2014 8:08 PM
Sep 2013
GalekC said:
Cresherhsm said:

Jan 28, 2014 8:26 PM
Oct 2011
marian11 said:
Can anyone tell me what chapter does the Gon vs Neferopitou fight start?
Next week or the week after it Gon will meet Pitou (he should meet her next episode, but who knows what Madhouse are planning for it), but don't expect a fight anytime soon.

If Madhouse animated 274 and 275 next episode then we'll see this: (a picture from the ED)
http://yanhomo.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/horriblesubs-hunter-x-hunter-99-720p-mkv_snapshot_22-49_2013-10-20_15-08-07.jpg

For some reason I'm worried. Gon's face last episode was meh, it was much better in the manga, or how imagined it is. it just showed aura around him, it doesn't show his rage quite well, so based on that I'm worried about the "not so Gon-like" expressions in the next episode (or the one after that).

OT:
The animation sucked ass at the beginning, so I was afraid it'll stay that bad for the whole episode, but good thing it improved later on. The Youpi vs Shoot was done pretty well.

Other than that, still going slow. Let's hope they'll stay faithful next episode and not jump over anything.
Candor123Jan 28, 2014 8:34 PM
Jan 28, 2014 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
Cresherhsm said:
GalekCJan 28, 2014 9:19 PM
Jan 28, 2014 9:25 PM
Jul 2011
Great episode as usual!
And Killua continues to pull at my heart strings!
I am gonna try to answer MohamedHAbdi's first question as best as I can. I will be putting my opinions under a spoiler tag. Although it isn't exactly a spoiler, I was able to get my answers through reading the manga's recent chapters.
@ MohamedHAbdi:

Wow, that ended up being lenghty but talking about such a fascinating character like Killua can do that to a person. Hope this helped clarify some things!
Jan 28, 2014 10:08 PM

Oct 2011
I really wish I could comment on the Gon vs Pitou fight but with it not happening yet I will refrain from doing so. Let's just say that, as I said earlier, Youpi has the best fight of the Royal Guards and possibly of the arc (in some peoples opinions, mine is another battle but to each their own). It doesn't have the hype that the Gon vs Pitou or the Netero-Ant King fight have, but it is actually a very good fight. So enjoy the action that is happening before you first since it is the best of the Royal Guards battles in my opinion. Without any spoilers, I will just say that the Gon-Pitou fight might leave some people disappointed but we'll see when we get there.

The Youpi-Shoot fight was done very well, I think my only complaint of the entire fight between the two thus far was actually from this episode where Shoot had the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure like pose right before Youpi was about to smash him. Kinda just seemed like he was in an oddly posed falling position and felt a bit too over the top until Knuckle came in announcing his presence. Other than that, I was fairly pleased. Can't wait to see Knuckle take over.
Jan 28, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Wow this series should win the award of abusing slow motion technique the most.

Initially I praised this arc because of the build up to the palace attack but now I feel like they're just trying to prolong this series as long as possible. Any momentum they had after the initial palace attack had been killed by unnecessarily long narration, recycled scenes, and slow motion shots. There are so many parts that I feel they could've sped up and the viewers would still understand even without the narration. Too much is too much. Now it's just boring..
MoeGodJan 28, 2014 10:15 PM
Jan 28, 2014 10:21 PM

Dec 2013
How many more episodes are they going to waste on this..
Jan 28, 2014 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:

Initially I praised this arc because of the build up to the palace attack but now I feel like they're just trying to prolong this series as long as possible. Any momentum they had after the initial palace attack had been killed by unnecessarily long narration, recycled scenes, and slow motion shots. There are so many parts that I feel they could've sped up and the viewers would still understand even without the narration. Too much is too much. Now it's just boring..

Again, they aren't stalling by any sense of the term. They've been animating about 2-3 chapters or more consistently since the palace invasion started. I don't know why people keep saying they're trying to prolong this arc when they've been doing the farthest thing from it. If anything, they were stalling in the beginning where they were doing sometimes not even 1 chapter episodes. Didn't see any complaints about stalling then but as soon as we get to the climax of the material Madhouse has been vilified by fans on here for "stalling" and "trying not to catch up to the manga" when no such thing is being done.
Jan 28, 2014 10:26 PM

Oct 2011
Anon1409 said:
How many more episodes are they going to waste on this..

By the pace they are going now, the arc should be over somewhere in the 15-23 episode range. If you are referring to the slow motion and narration, that will most likely be prevalent throughout the remainder of the arc. At least the narration will be, can't really speak on the slow motion scenes.
Jan 28, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
I really like Knuckle.. but I think he will die.. and so does Shoot... poor dudes

man return to the normal pacing already.. enough with slow-mo shit.. it's been 3 episodes already.
Jan 28, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
This ep hardly had any slow motion, though.
I'm starting to feel like people just want some wish-fulfillment fights here.
Jan 28, 2014 11:11 PM

Feb 2012
that shiapouf scene with the music was pretty awesome imo
Jan 28, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Again, they aren't stalling by any sense of the term. They've been animating about 2-3 chapters or more consistently since the palace invasion started. I don't know why people keep saying they're trying to prolong this arc when they've been doing the farthest thing from it. If anything, they were stalling in the beginning where they were doing sometimes not even 1 chapter episodes. Didn't see any complaints about stalling then but as soon as we get to the climax of the material Madhouse has been vilified by fans on here for "stalling" and "trying not to catch up to the manga" when no such thing is being done.

Like Fear said they aren't prolonging anything, they are actually speeding up compared to the beginning of the arc where episodes had filler. But I guess the slow-motion animation, and narration isn't for everyone. I'm more used to it since I've read the manga, but so far it seems right on par to the source material. (Especially for manga readers who waited in-between hiatuses that lasted years right during cliff hangers lol...)
Jan 28, 2014 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
fearthebeard85 said:
the arc should be over somewhere in the 15-23 episode range.

nice to know
Jan 28, 2014 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
fearthebeard85 said:

I don't think you can measure by how many chapters they are adapting each episode. It's all about story telling, some parts of the story is better when done slowly but once you get to the battle part it becomes a nuisance when there's too much stalling to get to the juicy parts. It becomes even more annoying considering there are 3 separate battles we have to keep up with (4 if you include Ikalgo's adventure).

Knuckle's & Killua's mental anguish for example, can be done more quickly instead of being accompanied by slow motion that took up almost 3/4 of the episode. If you watch Tokyo Ravens, the latest episode had just shown another great fight that's just as tactical and as satisfying as a HxH fight yet manage to serve its purpose without losing any momentum before, during, or after the fight.
Jan 28, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2014
To most people, or at least me personally, this is already the juicy part, I don't know it's like, the use of many characters at once creates a really strong momentum.

Besides I hardly think there was a lot of slow motion, it was mostly close-ups on knuckle's face as he talked and cried, and that goes for all internal monologues, time seems to stop sometimes, would be awkward if he just talked and by the end find out the story arc was already over lol
Jan 29, 2014 12:43 AM
Feb 2013
The pacing sure is slow, but one day we'll look back at this arc and praise it for having one the most detailed mental/physical battles in anime history. I personally love how every emotion is highlighted and how realistic they are.
Jan 29, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2013
Kind of like the last couple of episodes... I like everything that is happening, but it´s just really slow moving.
However I still do like it being so narration heavy. I actually really like the way they are doing it. I think it´s almost genious to have knuckle´s bankrupcy ability which is so depend on time passing. But the time just isn´t on his side in this fight.

The cool thing is that we have 5 different things at different locations going on right now and 4 out of them I really want to see (Ikalgo´s crap being the one I dont want). I was sad when it cut away from pouf, but then it went to youpi which was just as awesome.

But with having all those different locations is where the problem lies right now. I mean I hear the excuse that the show is already covering 3 chapters, so we can´t complain about the pacing. Which really is just bullshit. Just because other shounen anime series are extremely terrible at it and dont even cover 1 chapter sometimes.
Compared to those it´s obviously fast moving, but compared to a lot of other shows it just isn´t.
We still get repeated scenes, we still get unnecessarily slowed down bits and we still get time wasted on changing scenes / locations to remind us where we are o_O
Jan 29, 2014 1:05 AM

Feb 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
I really wish I could comment on the Gon vs Pitou fight but with it not happening yet I will refrain from doing so. Let's just say that, as I said earlier, Youpi has the best fight of the Royal Guards and possibly of the arc (in some peoples opinions, mine is another battle but to each their own). It doesn't have the hype that the Gon vs Pitou or the Netero-Ant King fight have, but it is actually a very good fight. So enjoy the action that is happening before you first since it is the best of the Royal Guards battles in my opinion. Without any spoilers, I will just say that the Gon-Pitou fight might leave some people disappointed but we'll see when we get there.

The Youpi-Shoot fight was done very well, I think my only complaint of the entire fight between the two thus far was actually from this episode where Shoot had the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure like pose right before Youpi was about to smash him. Kinda just seemed like he was in an oddly posed falling position and felt a bit too over the top until Knuckle came in announcing his presence. Other than that, I was fairly pleased. Can't wait to see Knuckle take over.

Yeah I think a lot of people here are going to be disappointed with the Gon x Pitou fight.
Jan 29, 2014 1:18 AM

May 2013
LOL@ fearthebeard prepping anime only viewers for Gon vs Pitou :P

It wasn't bad but yeah Youpi fight is better. But nobody gives a fuck about Youpi/Pouf fight because they not fighting Gon, Killua, Netero.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 29, 2014 2:17 AM

Oct 2013
People are so impatient lol. Suddenly many people want to see a DBZ fight and story. I could watch like 100 of those episodes where the story focuses on characters and their thoughts I mean for me the short fight with Shoot this episode was worth it waiting so many episodes of build up. It is more gratifying and satisfying than watching 100 episodes of DBZ or OP.

But I guess that's only me, to each their own.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 29, 2014 2:27 AM
Dec 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Listen to fearthebeard85 cause obviously he knows what he is saying. Saying something in the line that "they are afraid of catching up to the manga" means you dont know your HxH stuff.
The show will nevertheless end after the next arc. This is most certain, because today's shows have resigned on the policy of making filler episodes, and prefer to end the show, and come back with another season after more material is produced from the author. In case of Togashi especially, since his laziness is very well known to everyone in the buisness, and MadHouse is no excepction. Hence we know the exact amount of manga material and we can be certain that slowing things down is not due to being afraid to catching up with it.

I guess everyone bit*ing about the lately slow pace are fans of the anime-only right? Believe us who have read the manga that not only the show is doing its best to catch up with the material, but also that the slow motion of things is a thing taken from the manga.
Basically I was aware from the beginning that after the palace raid things would go to slo-mo cause thats generally what did happen in the manga, and it has its reasons, which is - the whole attack on the palace literally took about 10-15 minutes!?
This is already visible to you while watching Meleoron's breath struggle, and Knuckle mentioning about the slow passage of time with his ability.
It probably will be set to slow motion during the rest of the arc, and cause it has a good reason you all best prepare yourselves for this.

Actually most of you are being deceived by a simple movie trick. The anime is not really slow pacing. Its rushing through the manga! Covering 2-3 chapters, while other shounen's such as One Piece are not even covering 1 chapter sometimes.
If you dont notice this then really you're minds are being tricked by MadHouse. Which is frankly a good sign, cause this means they can adapt the movie styles of great Hollywood directors such as Sergio Leone or Tarantino into their show's. That is true skill without a doubt. The scenes only seem to be slowing down, while in reality they are rushing towards the end. Of course going a 100% with the manga. The slow motion is not really there - its only an effect meant to intensify the emotions while watching.

If you really want it to go faster then you are being unreasonable, cause it cant go any faster. It realy is going as fast as it can already... and since MadHouse do it panel after panel from the manga then it would mean they would have to adapt 6-7 chapters an episode to your liking. And most of you still would not notice! Cause the manga is slow paced here itselft, and the fight's were strechted out by Togashi as well. Thats just the style of HxH. Its not about dynamic in the first place, ore about narration, dialogue and thinking everything over 10 times. That made it into a really smart series, and its why it was so lovable.
So deal with it, stop whining, and watch it, trust it. Or take a rest, wait for the episodes to build up, and then watch them all. Or drop the anime for now and read the manga. After you get through the chimera ant arc you will see why you thought it moved so slow.
Jan 29, 2014 2:59 AM
Jun 2012
judals said:
This ep hardly had any slow motion, though.

Haha. It was ALL one long slow motion in a sense. The ep covered less than 20 seconds of in-story time. Even with many POVs it takes some stretching to fill whole episode.
Jan 29, 2014 3:15 AM

Mar 2008
i was led to believe that the royal guards were strong... so far im immensely disappointed by their strenght

im sure they'll get even stronger (obviously...), but they made it seem like they were some kind of "monsters" which would be able to kill people like shoot, etc. in under a second

neferpitou obviously isn't disappointing, but the other 2 are boring so far
Jan 29, 2014 3:36 AM

Jan 2014
Fucking. EPIC.
Is there any other arc as deep as this one? I would like to know!
Is the next arc good too?

As for the fight, Youpi is pummeling the shit out of shoot... And he keeps bleeding, pretty intense, and his leg flailing is more disturbing than Komugi's snot.
Pouf is a mindf**er for sure. I swear every royal guard is becoming as interesting as the king.

On a side note: rest in peace Ichirou Nagai.
Jan 29, 2014 4:03 AM

Sep 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Can't help but wonder how Gon will handle seeing Komugi there.

Yeah, I asked myself the same question when I was at this point in the manga. You won't be disapointed. Clearly one of the highlights of the arc for me.
Jan 29, 2014 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
Archadian said:
Fucking. EPIC.
Is there any other arc as deep as this one? I would like to know!
Is the next arc good too?

Without spoiling much, it's a lot less battle oriented compared to the current arc and it's nowhere near as long. Still a fun little arc regardless.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

59 by plutoHendrixx »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
11 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.