Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 114 Discussion

Jan 29, 2014 5:12 AM
Archadian said:
Fucking. EPIC.
Is there any other arc as deep as this one? I would like to know!
Is the next arc good too?

As for the fight, Youpi is pummeling the shit out of shoot... And he keeps bleeding, pretty intense, and his leg flailing is more disturbing than Komugi's snot.
Pouf is a mindf**er for sure. I swear every royal guard is becoming as interesting as the king.

For me it was a very good arc, though its totally diffrent than the Chimera ant arc. Mainly its divided to two seperate parts:
- the aftermatch of the chimera ant arc
- the main focus is around the Hunter Assosiaction
Its a great arc but there's not a lot of fighting there. Its more about... battle of the minds. When the show will get there you will understand. Still for me it was epic even if in a diffrent manner.

And yes, the royal guard are all truly amazing characters, and let me tell you things will get even better with them. Expect the unexpected with those guys.

Jan 29, 2014 6:19 AM

Poor Shoot.. :/ He's trying so hard. But...Knuckle to the rescue!! :D

Jan 29, 2014 8:29 AM

This episode is way to slow .

Jan 29, 2014 9:19 AM
Guys find something else to watch for 3-4 months let the episodes pile up and then watch and enjoy <- this is a must

Jan 29, 2014 10:49 AM

I remember not liking Knuckle when he was first introduced, but he developed into an awesome character. Go him! :)

Jan 29, 2014 1:43 PM

Episode was slow but still enjoyed it can't wait for the next episode wonder what Knuckle will do gg

Jan 29, 2014 4:10 PM

To_The_AirpoRT said:
Guys find something else to watch for 3-4 months let the episodes pile up and then watch and enjoy <- this is a must

Some people like it this way -- 'Marathoning' so to say. But, I enjoy the feeling of waiting for each episode every week. It makes me look forward to something in this dreary life. That could be just me though.

Jan 29, 2014 4:21 PM

giamon said:
Always loved HXH. However, i'm having mixed feelings right now - and i think it's just a personal thing.

The episodes are great and i think they've done a wonderful job with the way they animated it, but the story progression is sooooooooooo god damnnnn slowwwwwwwwww. It'll take years until we actually see a decent fight, and i understand wanting to use the narration to add that dramatic effect, but it doesn't mean that it should take like +80% of the episode!

Is this just me??

I agree

Jan 29, 2014 4:22 PM

This episode felt like 5 minutes. That HxH awesomeness tho

Jan 29, 2014 6:52 PM
GalekC said:
Cresherhsm said:

Jan 29, 2014 6:54 PM

Elfster said:
judals said:
This ep hardly had any slow motion, though.

Haha. It was ALL one long slow motion in a sense. The ep covered less than 20 seconds of in-story time. Even with many POVs it takes some stretching to fill whole episode.
No i'm talking about animation; other than the time stopping during monologues, hardly any slow motion
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 30, 2014 3:20 AM
Slow story pacing =/= slow-mo.

This episode is slow in pacing, but there aren't as many slow motion or even narration compared to the last two.

Jan 30, 2014 3:50 AM

Slow motion and slow pacing are 2 totally different things....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Jan 30, 2014 5:20 AM
canephalanx said:
To_The_AirpoRT said:

Some people like it this way -- 'Marathoning' so to say. But, I enjoy the feeling of waiting for each episode every week. It makes me look forward to something in this dreary life. That could be just me though.

Yeah i agree but lots of people are eagerly waiting for gon vs pitou fight (which we will see in 15-23 episode lol) and they are hating some good episodes cause of that , thats why i said w8

Jan 30, 2014 6:23 AM

10 seconds per episode . lol

anyway episode was decent . i cant wait for gon vs pitou tho

Jan 30, 2014 7:54 AM

hella slow still but at least it was enjoyable
also, the knuckle's bankruptcy thing is practically useless lol

Jan 30, 2014 9:27 AM

Really loved this episode, has a nice cliffhanger lol. But the one thing I am disappointed about in this episode is that it only had about 5-7 minutes of Gon and Killua. I hope the next episode has more Gon and Killua in it. And the fighting scenes were badass as usual.

Jan 30, 2014 9:58 AM

SoulReaper4 said:
Really loved this episode, has a nice cliffhanger lol. But the one thing I am disappointed about in this episode is that it only had about 5-7 minutes of Gon and Killua. I hope the next episode has more Gon and Killua in it. And the fighting scenes were badass as usual.

I think it is pretty cool this arc has been so good while focusing on characters other than Gon and Killua. I think the characters like Shoot, the King, and so on are getting more compelling by the episode. I also love the fact that Gon/Killua aren't even fighting the King. It's such a simple yet cool thing. I hope that things don't go in that direction, though.

About Shoot, though. I initially didn't care for him, but I really like his development recently.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jan 30, 2014 10:05 AM

insan3Spectre said:
SoulReaper4 said:

I think it is pretty cool this arc has been so good while focusing on characters other than Gon and Killua. I think the characters like Shoot, the King, and so on are getting more compelling by the episode. I also love the fact that Gon/Killua aren't even fighting the King. It's such a simple yet cool thing. I hope that things don't go in that direction, though.

About Shoot, though. I initially didn't care for him, but I really like his development recently.

Other than Killua's shenanigans with fodder ants, and the same with Gon for a couple of episode, I think the second third of this arc totally put them on the sidelines... like in Yorknew. There are legit 3-4 episodes straight that did not even feature them (aside from preview voice-overs), they can really keep the momentum/quality with any character they're given... I daresay even better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 30, 2014 11:53 AM
Amazing episode as usual, as good as the previous one
Narrator FTW, this is what makes this arc the best for me
But why 1 episode per week :/ I need more hxh :(

Jan 31, 2014 11:52 AM

I wanna see Gon&Killua VS Pitou already! :<
That dragon was awesome though. Also, Shoot VS Youpi was intense but cool. Loved it.
Knuckle being the man!
I don't follow any of the threads that i'm in.

Feb 1, 2014 12:20 AM

Finally, a decent episode 4/5. Hyped for the next one. Gon don't disappoint me..

Feb 1, 2014 11:37 AM

sure: Gon vs Pitou, chapter 116; but Togashi did not write the typical development.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"

Feb 1, 2014 11:50 AM

Next week's going to be great!

Very good episode as usual.

Feb 2, 2014 1:39 AM
it was a good episode, better than the last couple.
i'm a manga reader and i understand the narration is necessary, but they could make ways to shorten it imo.

on a side note, i'm really envious of the ones who didn't read the manga.
i only read the manga because i though they'd never make hunter x hunter episodes again past green island.
Kill the boy and let the man be born

Feb 2, 2014 5:48 PM

The King and Netero flew away, never to be seen again.

Feb 2, 2014 6:20 PM

Saburo-kun said:
The King and Netero flew away, never to be seen again.

Well, at least one of them will never be seen ALIVE again. I wounder what kind of tricks Netero has up his sleeves. Because I am sure he can't beat The King in raw strength. Going to have to use his mastery of Nen in some way.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Feb 3, 2014 6:15 AM
So short...

Feb 3, 2014 6:20 AM

I actually didn't understand what killua was trying to say, I don't get it

Feb 3, 2014 7:16 AM

unameesan said:

At the end of the arc he completes the question.

At this point, one can make theories, but I think it isn't supposed to be 100% clear.

Feb 3, 2014 7:35 AM

Salce said:

At the end of the arc he completes the question.

At this point, one can make theories, but I think it isn't supposed to be 100% clear.

the one when gon is jumping? killua asked himself what would happen if he ask gon about 'that' question? or ask himself about the same question? I'm completely clueless. he's afraid of losing gon? why? what kind of question was that?

Feb 3, 2014 12:13 PM

unameesan said:
The word, "Ikou," can have multiple meanings in Japanese, from what I've gathered. So - to Killua, Gon wasn't directly saying, "Let's go." It's possible that Gon was referring just to himself, and not to both himself and Killua directly upon saying that.

I could be entirely wrong.

Feb 4, 2014 12:47 AM
I kind of took it as Killua being freaked out about Gon being very transparent about not caring about preserving his own life when it comes to fighting Pitou, it's defeat her or die trying. It's unspoken but with what's at stake I think everyone involved in the mission has that same mindset. Including Killua, but he's still having trouble accepting the idea of potentially losing his friend.

Feb 5, 2014 8:05 AM

still ... I feel something that bothering killua is his own feeling, first is not wanting to lose gon but there's more I than that, he wants to be clear about his decision

I don't know for sure but thanks for helping anyway, it's getting better

Feb 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Shoot so fucking awesome.

Feb 21, 2014 3:05 PM

Shoot the coward who performs well in a high pressure situation, Knuckle who quite possibly put the mission in danger because of his compassion for his friend, Pouf and his jealousy of Komugi, Netero doing the honorable thing and not attacking the king with his back turned, Killua helping Ikalgo. Quite an interesting situation here, an examination of their character flaws and how they react to each situation. I can see why people may not like this Invasion on a by weekly basis, but as a marathon it's been pretty fucking fantastic.

- Geralt of Rivia

Mar 10, 2014 7:00 PM

Knucke and Shoot = broest

Mar 22, 2014 5:37 PM

Why in the world didn't Knuckle get more shots in while he was invisible?? Isn't his objective to defeat Youpi???
Love and Peace!!!

Mar 22, 2014 6:08 PM

Thund3r1 said:
Why in the world didn't Knuckle get more shots in while he was invisible?? Isn't his objective to defeat Youpi???

Aren't they afraid of Meleoron being hit by an attack and dying??? Isn't it that's why they are so cautious?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Mar 22, 2014 9:48 PM

soundscape said:
Thund3r1 said:

Aren't they afraid of Meleoron being hit by an attack and dying??? Isn't it that's why they are so cautious?

I'm sure Meleoron knew his life was gonna be on the line if he participated in that final battle, other wise he had no reason to be there. I guess Youpi's flailing style of fighting is particularly dangerous to Meleoron, but they should have had a great opportunity when Youpi was focused on Shoot.
Love and Peace!!!

Mar 22, 2014 11:49 PM

Because if he'd be giving away the fact that he's invisible. Simple.

Mar 23, 2014 3:07 AM

judals said:
Because if he'd be giving away the fact that he's invisible. Simple.

Plus this too.... They didn't want for Yupi to know there is someone who can use invisibility.

Apr 22, 2014 3:48 PM
I thought Shoot was gone for sure~ guess not

May 5, 2014 7:34 PM

Closing in on where the series is currently and I'm worried =/

These past few eps have taken a hit pace-wise. A lot of slow-mos and uncharacteristic cut corners in terms of animation (here I can't really blame them as much because overall animation quality throughout the series has been very good).

Can't say I'm a fan of the narration myself. I feel like these tense moments and periods of silence would come across more powerful if we were left to make our own assumptions as to what is happening, over the dude just telling us, this and I feel some of the narrator's lines serve no purpose, as in he says either what just happened or what is about to happen, as if the watcher was blind. I'm far less immersed than I was prior to all the narration. Hoping it doesn't continue for too long

Jul 1, 2014 11:50 AM

The intense battles are continuing.
I wouldn't be able to survive the wait between episodes if I watched it when it was coming out.

Jul 2, 2014 9:26 PM

RediceRyan said:
The intense battles are continuing.
I wouldn't be able to survive the wait between episodes if I watched it when it was coming out.

Yeah... this would be a butt to watch while airing. The tension alone would be a love/hate relationship.

It's freakin' awesome to marathon, though. :3

Jul 8, 2014 11:16 AM

ok, this ep was good... cant help but think that Shoot d be more effective than Knuckle if he used the chamaleon ant invisible skill

Oct 7, 2014 11:54 AM

These last two episodes have been disspointing, I used to like the narration before but now there seems to be more narrating than the actual characters talking -_-

Also this Octopus Youpi is very boring and this felt so dragged out =_=

Nov 21, 2014 10:59 AM

god im so glad i didn't have to watch this as it was airing, the narrator does bug me now, its just the fact it takes so much time, it takes the tension away which is what the narrator used to being, but their overusing it IMO! just need an episode where 3/4 of the episode isn't all slow mo/narrator talking/flashbacks/repeating scenes!!!!!

Jan 10, 2015 10:35 AM

Dam, Shoot's become pretty badass in the last few episodes.

Dat ending tho.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Preview MangaManga Store