Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2015 5:13 PM

Oct 2012
Oh, that was actually surprising, getting to know that his father actually ran away and Yasuko not seeing her parents for 10 years. Taiga's lie was also cool idea. But even greater was Takasu's sentence that running away doesn't solve anything. In a way, previous episode was very misleading just to make interesting cliffhanger.

I have to say the kiss scene was very nice, I applaud they wasn't affraid to do it this naturally.

And I also liked Ami part when they were searching for star and when Takasu told Ami she and Taiga are both alike in a way.

All-in-all, at least they got us somehow decent closure. Somehow. It's nice to see Kitamura go for his love in the end but it's baffling for me that they were one year without each other.. or was it just two months? I really don't know, was that only two year school of did they skipped through their third year?

This show could surely be better is not for some overblown melodrama in previous episodes and illogical actions together with undecisiveness mainly on Minori's behalf (she really was the worst character of this show and both with Kitamura they never were true rivals to Taiga and Ryuuji, more like comedy reliefs).

I really hated Minori when she interrupted that intersting talk Ami had with Ryuuji in the storage, maybe that was intentional but I wished they at least completed it and gave closure even to Ami. It's not like he couldn't give her proper answer. It's too bad Ami wasn't given more screentime, her character was the most interesting yet horribly unexplored. In fact, it felt to me that other characters didn't really try anything to pursue their love interests which is shame.

In the end I'm really torn with question whether to recommend this to anyone or not. There were surely some great episodes like swimpool episode, after-bunkasai episode or ski-trip episode but I really hated some stupid twists and developements along the way and there really was too much forcing, rushing and overblowing towards the ends. In some ways, I found later Sakurasou to be a lot better show than this though even that its own flaws (both are very similiar shows). On the other hand, some scenes were really strong, and Ruuji and Ami characters were written pretty well (shame they were not meant to end together).

6-7/10 I would recommend this only with some grain of salt and only with warning that this is certainly not the best romance out there.

It's actually not a bad show in its essence. But some of it characters are pretty weak and some situations were simply facepalm-worthy. But it was enjoyble enough for me to not think that watching of this series wast just lost time.
Sep 21, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Taiga & Yasuko, best
Oct 2, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
WHAT!? SHE LEFT!! Seriously wtf was that ending?? I mean sure, she appeared at the end but what happened to them being a family? I don't understand. The hell was that...
Oct 3, 2015 5:46 AM
Oct 2015
Its been a year since tora dora the love story of tyga and takasu ryuuji last seen what if it has a continuation ...i hope itll be back the last time a watched it i was in high school and now im working ...and soon to be a father i wonder what will be the story right now if it has a continuation ...😁 its a great reunion after a year havent seeing them.... dear creator if u read this msg. Taiga must be missing
Oct 3, 2015 5:46 AM
Oct 2015
Its been a year since tora dora the love story of tyga and takasu ryuuji last seen what if it has a continuation ...i hope itll be back the last time a watched it i was in high school and now im working ...and soon to be a father i wonder what will be the story right now if it has a continuation ...😁 its a great reunion after a year havent seeing them.... dear creator if u read this msg. Taiga must be missing ryuuji so much ☺
Oct 4, 2015 2:53 PM
Jan 2015
Cried like a bitch at the end.
Oct 24, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
A nice series and an overall satisfying ending (though her reasoning for leaving coulda been explained a little more but whatever). The majority of the characters were likeable and Ryuuji x Taiga made for a pretty awesome duo and couple.
Highlight of this episode was definitely when Inko finally said her name doe!

9/10
Nov 4, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2015
Lmao I've never laughed this hard before! The whole running away and getting married was so stupid plus making Ya-chan cry was a dick move. Good series though I give it a 8
Nov 15, 2015 4:10 PM

Nov 2015
Not afraid to admit that I cried at 4 in the morning last night because of this show.
Ecchi till I die all these Lolis call me senpai
Rubbing on her thighs, she stay wet for her senpai
Shawty so kawaii, and would die for her senpai
Ride, and watch hentai, all the time with senpai
Nov 21, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
I'm loving to see how many mad song skippers we have in this thread... that's the ending you deserve for not chewing your food properly!

I was a bit disappointed with this rushed ending, but I'm coming to terms with it the more I read about others' reactions. Thanks for sharing, guys.

8 or 9/10, I'll wait for my feelings to settle a bit more before rating.
CAMPAIGN: If you write an anime review, please make it short.
You're not a writer, Jim, I want meta-information, not a teenager's impression of a clickbait journalist.

Dec 14, 2015 4:10 PM

Nov 2014
final score 8/10 I mostly liked the ending, but I don't understand why Taiga left...
Dec 20, 2015 5:57 PM
Dec 2014
Its been a while since I watched it but I think Taiga left to make it up with her parents, not sure. Though not seeing eachother for an entire year is a bit too far and sad.
Dec 24, 2015 7:44 PM

Apr 2015
I was disappointed of how they got separated in the end. Overall, the show was worth my time and I enjoyed.
Dec 25, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
Memor said:
NguyenAllDay said:
I was disappointed of how they got separated in the end. Overall, the show was worth my time and I enjoyed.

Did you not watch after the credits?

I never knew that there were scenes in the credits. Thanks for pointing that out!
Dec 27, 2015 6:48 PM
Jan 2015
I cried, and I'm not someone that cry easily but GOSH the kisses and the confession at the end :D
Jan 3, 2016 5:53 PM
May 2012
Geravys said:
Cried like a bitch at the end.

We all do...

Just finished my annual Christmas rewatch (timed so that the Christmas eve episode actually falls on Christmas eve) and I must say that I love this show just as much every time I watch it. It really hits the feels for those last few episodes but it does it so well that you can't help but get immersed!
Jan 3, 2016 8:31 PM
Apr 2014
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT THEEEEEEEE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

i didn't cry at the end. i only cried when ryuuji's mom cried because she's a hard working woman.
dammit.
Jan 7, 2016 3:08 PM
Jan 2012
Good final. Inko-chan finally says your name. Liked. I now going to OVA. Kitamura-san going to America! Will you meet with Sumire in the future? I hope this,but this something happening in novel.
RafaKojiroJan 7, 2016 3:16 PM
Jan 8, 2016 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
THIS ANIME IS SO GOOD, WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN IT EARLIER!!!

The ending was done greatly, everyone is happy! Taiga x Ryuuji for sure. Everyone is growing up, haha.

Development throughout the episode is excellent as well.

Love this anime.
Jan 11, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
I just finished Toradora! today. For me personally, it's story really got me from the point Ami joined.
Regarding the ending, I liked Minori better than Taiga (I guess I'm in the MINORIty). I was really happy when she finally confessed her feelings towards Ryuuji, so for me it kinda sucked he eventually fell in love wit Taiga in stead of Minori.
Nevertheless, really enjoyed this anime!
Jan 11, 2016 12:42 PM
Jan 2016
Right...right...right...

let me get this straight...for 23 episodes, this show is sheer romcom perfection.

Then for the last two episodes...they go fuck this shit and turn everything upside down and make the main characters seem like whiny bitches?

I'm so disappointed in how it ended cause I was really really enjoying the series up until the end.

And they even turn against ya-chan, like seriously that's just not cool, I wish my mum was like that!

When they got trapped in the room by they're closest friends it was great it was like everything was finally coming together, and the bridge scene was alright I guess, but the whole way they went after that was just not worth it...so much for aisaka not being able to cope without ryuji.
Jan 14, 2016 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
good anime but i didnt like the ending, taiga x ryuuji was not the pairing i was hoping for but purely due to the fact that she was the main heroine she basically had to end up with him. It really bothered me that ryuuji basically only liked her near the end for the plot to move forward, imo either of the other two girls would have been a better pairing
Jan 19, 2016 8:03 AM
Jul 2014
WTF?!? I didn't see that coming! Overall 7/10!

Aha,that ending! Good thing that I re-checked end credits...
jakovJan 19, 2016 8:11 AM
Jan 21, 2016 10:56 PM
Jun 2014
I love how a fraction of this thread's discussion comes from people who didn't watch after the credits LOL

To be fair, the credits sequence at the end looked like the standard ending that would only normally have an episode preview after it.

From the way I see it, the series would have ended the same way at the end regardless, but the scene after the credits really solidifies everything very well.

Very enjoyable series!
Feb 1, 2016 7:18 PM

Oct 2015
Firstly, to clarify, yes I did see the scene after the credits...

It's difficult to put into words, but, I loved the anime despite there having been times where I was annoyed by small stuff. But this last episode totally broke where the story should have ended...

Like... why? Why did she leave by herself? And moreover, WHY ruin the story by stopping it (in a credits scene) where she came back...

Literally there was no point for her to run off in the first place... But IF you are going to have her do that... Then there needed to be more episodes to build up to a better "return home" later on.

This ending wouldn't have seemed rushed had she just gone over to eat dinner with him and his mom, and then stayed with him. That would be great...

Ahhh, But nonetheless, despite how hypocritical it might seem, I still have to give the show a 10/10 overall. Because, well, you can't give a 9.5/10 score on MAL, and I round up.

~ Triton
~ Triton
Feb 2, 2016 12:34 AM
Dec 2015
well that was dissapointing. Maybe because it was talked up so much? i put it off for awhile because i didnt want to get into an anime with 13+ episodes but this was a huge topic so i figured i may as well just do it.

And well yeah just didnt enjoy it much. wouldnt say it sucked but i wouldnt say it was awesome. wish ryuji ended up with minori or ami. And pretty weird to just get married/engaged after just confessing? but oh well.
6/10
Feb 3, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2015
That moment when you understand what does toradora mean is like a big brain EXPLOSION
Feb 11, 2016 4:40 PM
Jul 2015
Did anyone else feel like the ending was handled very well, but ended up falling flat because it was an artistic and thematic 180?
This is man's ultimate fighting machine. The synthetic life form know as Evangelion, Unit 01. Built here in secret, it is mankind’s last hope.
Feb 19, 2016 11:05 PM

Oct 2014
Juanikus said:
That moment when you understand what does toradora mean is like a big brain EXPLOSION

Tiger and Dragon....?
Feb 21, 2016 12:45 PM
Feb 2016
I understand why she left at the end when she left the note but my questions are will she come back after will they get married and what will there New life be like
Feb 21, 2016 12:50 PM
Feb 2016
After episode 25 when she leaves ryujii what happens did they make another episode if so where can I find it. I want to see there life out of highschool and the relationship between them when she comes back
Feb 26, 2016 6:53 AM
Jan 2016
That was good anime! So kawaiii ! Ending was very nice. 9/10
Mar 4, 2016 1:22 PM
Feb 2016
While the ending was a bit weird, I still liked it and i'm happy for them :), for those people saying that Taiga left Ryuuji, Watch past the credits :P
Mar 17, 2016 11:52 PM

Sep 2014
I liked the ending, was a little pissed off that Taiga just went out on her own, but the last scenes covered for it.

Honestly wanted Ami route, but I didn't mind Taiga route.

I have to say though, I felt really sad for Ami.

Really fun watch!
Mar 25, 2016 11:54 PM
Mar 2016
I loved it. I thought it was the perfect and unusual ending to this hilarious and unusual show. It was fantastic!!!
Mar 30, 2016 7:26 AM

Feb 2016
Still ryuuji x ami
Apr 12, 2016 8:27 PM
Mar 2016
This anime was awesome one of the few I've seen that lets the love interests be together! Loved ep 24! This ep was great.
For those who don't understand why taiga, it was because she felt like she needed to grow on her own a little, love the post credits scene, so awesome!
Loved ep 23 and Kushieda response to the lie.
Also I rate this a 10/10 overall lived it, it a 100/100 it was awesome.
Liked the open ending style even though it gave your imagination a lot to go in, saying the ending is fixed and obvious thus why they don't even need to show it.
May 17, 2016 8:34 AM
Apr 2015
THEY KISSED YES. Though I was rooting for him and Minori in the beginning (until now), but I'm fine with him ending up wit Taiga. I would have rated this a 9/10 but I didn't really like the ending with Taiga leaving ang all. :/ 8 for me. And yes I have watched the post credits scene.
May 18, 2016 12:16 AM

Jul 2014
First R-C anime ive started back in 2013 and its one of the BEST ive ever seen along with GOLDEN TIME
May 24, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
nomnomnomnomnomomnomnom
Seunghoon my sunflower
May 24, 2016 10:35 PM

Nov 2015
This show was not so good at first. I felt it took a turning point from episode 20 and it turned out to be absolutely amazing. Ruyuji's mother's story was so emotional and Taiga and Ruyuji as couple is great!
Score: Voice Acting- 10/10
Story - 9/10
Characters - 8/10
Overall -8/10
*Very Good*
Jun 22, 2016 12:29 AM
Mar 2016
Taiga disappearing for a while makes sense to me. Ryuuji did say that he wanted everyone to be there at their wedding, so her going to make peace with her family seems like the right thing to do (although just leaving like that kinda sucked haha).
Jun 29, 2016 6:24 PM
Mar 2015
Okay let me say a few things:

1.This was probably the only anime that I've rated a 5 for EVERY episode in the entire series... That's a first.

2. A little mad that Taiga just left them. I know why she did it, but she should have talked to Ryuuji before going and just taking off to her parents. (Thank god she came back!!)

3. This series is going in my top 10 list. Top 3 if I'm talking about just Dengeki Bunko anime/novels.

This series was great. 9/10
Jul 4, 2016 3:54 AM
Jul 2015
I can't believe it's over, I feel happy yet so sad ): I'm so glad I watched this anime though! It was truly a masterpiece :) But now that we've finally finished the roller coaster ride i'm a bit sad. I'll probably come back to watch it and ride the roller coaster again but unfortunately, just like riding a roller coaster, it’ll never be the same as the very first time ): Like someone else said, i'm sad its over but i'm glad to have known it.

This episode was such a wonderful ending, it made me cry so much (in a good way) especially when Taiga and Ryuuji finally kissed, that was so sweet!!! I had been rooting for these two ever since the very first episode so I was very happy too see these two finally come together, so happy I cried! Also I just barely realized what Tora-Dora means in English, so it was destined for the Tiger and the Dragon to end up with each other :)

All of the pieces finally came together: Ryuuji made up with his mom, Ami though very late finally did confess to Ryuuji which though in vain I was glad she finally at least got it off her chest, and Taiga made things right with her family. Like previous people said, I love how they both matured and didn't try to run away from everything as I would've been very tempted to do had I been in a situation like that. All of the relationships finally came together too:

Ryuuji x Taiga (soon to be married)
Kitamura x Sumire (soon to be reunited in America)
Nodo x Kiahara? (I have a feeling they hooked up but not entirely sure)
Ami x Minori (lol idk just speculating but it looks like a possibility)

I was sad when Taiga did leave suddenly and left Ryuuji alone for a whole year, but it was for the best and she did finally return. Btw, she was sooo kawaii in that black uniform ^_^

Also congrats to Inko for finally saying his name at the end, that was hilarious how Yasu dropped her phone XD Oh and flying shirtless Kitamura was funny too. I really wish we could have an after story just to show how Taiga and Ryuuji and everyone else did post-graduation but looks like that'll never happen ):

All in all terrific ending, and great anime, Toradra and Taiga are defintiely going on my all time favorites and will forever live in my heart :)

PS: Huge shout out to Vaberella! You'll probably never read this but I remember back in episode 14 when you said the 2nd picture Taiga bought was of her and Ryuuji and I was so tempted to come after and argue against you cause I couldn't find any evidence that supported that but low and behold it was, and boy was I shocked!!! Kudos to you...

PSS: Also forgot to add, I loved the music in this series! It definitely was a big contributing factor to making it into a masterpiece in my eyes. It's gonna be very hard finding another anime that's just as good as this one. Toradora truly was a sacred jewel :)

aurastormJul 4, 2016 4:01 AM
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
Jul 23, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2016
Taiga is the biggest bitch ever and ruined this anime.
Jul 27, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2016
Am I the only one who wanted him to go with Ami? I think it would have been a great surprise personally.
"For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either."
Jul 29, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2016
I wanted Ryuuji to end up with Minori. For me that'd be a million times better love story than the usual "2 people growing custom to each other by speding time together and naturally caring for each other".
Too bad that the very beginning of the first episode spoiled he's going to end up with Taiga.
Kitamura going to America was the onlything I liked about how this story ended.
Jul 29, 2016 9:42 PM
Apr 2016
I just finished rewatching... yet again my heart feels like it's been torn out.
wifiwizzSep 28, 2016 5:05 PM
Aug 5, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2016
the ending of the series was really great but I'm still mad at Aisaka's parents for making her leave LOL. it didn't ruin it but I definitely would've been five times better if Ryuuji and Taiga stayed together. sigh.
Aug 6, 2016 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
@Heishi- You saw the scene at the end after the credits?
Pages (23) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.